Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I pretty sure my family will be there, and I'll we will take our fiero's! It will be done by then.

I own page 2!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-26-2009).]

IP: Logged
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
Im all about it! I will have a fiero by then

We did a similar charity build like this in the vintage snowmobile community. Now we have built a sled every year and auctioned it off with the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. I am not really suggesting we build another car, but maybe have some kind of fund raiser for a charity or something on those lines. I am excited for this and I think it is a wonderful idea! We could have a little show and get together. The summer time is wonderful in this area.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Hi nick. Steve was telling me about the sled for charity thing. That's awesome! Did you find a fiero for you yet?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:
P.S. Shawn I think Tyler needs a ride in the Purple Turd!

Chad

I think so too............i bet it would change the idea of a 3.4 TDC
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Just some new info on this a few of us from the build team will be meeting on Nov.21st before the MFF meeting to talk about getting this set up for next summer. Turns out the a few other clubs are interested in making this a much larger gathering. I will post more details as they come out.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Hey KEV, what time will you guys be getting together for the meeting. If I can, I would like to be in on it as well.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe
1990 Black Buick Reatta
2002 White Chevy Impala base

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 12-14-2009).]

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Bump
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Me and my friend julia might be attending. But we will be bringing a slightley newer pontiac.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Minnesota Fieros Forever is working on this event, I will hold details until a later time, but response from the city of Frazee is spectacular. I spoke with the City Hall, and they are excited to help us out..

They even suggested a "burnout contest" as one of the potential extras we could do. Yes, I said THEY suggested it.

Details will be forthcoming as we get things resolved.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Cruise to Fierorama, usually the week after Labor Day??
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
The sooner we know the date, the better. I know I will need to know a few months in advance in order to be there.
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

The sooner we know the date, the better. I know I will need to know a few months in advance in order to be there.

We will be posting the details for all sometime in mid to late Jan. for everyone.

Thanks
Kevin MFF Prezzz

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Is it mid to late January yet?

------------------
1988 GT

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
They even suggested a "burnout contest" as one of the potential extras we could do. Yes, I said THEY suggested it.

I already have this won. You might as well not even try. hehehe. I will defenetley be there. Im trying to talk julia into going. I can probabley carry one more person (need extra space for luggage) under 3 conditions you chip in for gas, dont touch my radio, And you and julia can fight over the front seat.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-22-2009).]

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I already have this won. You might as well not even try. hehehe. I will defenetley be there. Im trying to talk julia into going. I can probabley carry one more person (need extra space for luggage) under 3 conditions you chip in for gas, dont touch my radio, And you and julia can fight over the front seat.

Can you see over the steering wheel or will you need a phone book to sit on? It would be your luck you'd break it trying to do a burn out..
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Can you see over the steering wheel or will you need a phone book to sit on? It would be your luck you'd break it trying to do a burn out..

Haha nah i dont think ill be doing any burnouts in it. This car is going to be babied from now on but i might light them up a little. This is going to be a fun event.

P.S i can see over the steering wheel just fine thank you.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-22-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
You have the 'Bird, now you just need to work on that mullet.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

You have the 'Bird, now you just need to work on that mullet.

Haha i had one years before you all knew me to

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
This really needs to be updated...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Still working on it.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Still working on it.

Get back to me please...
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Burnout contest. I'm in. Get some new tires when I'm down there
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Get back to me please...

PM Sent.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
This sounds like a great idea! Would be great to see everyone again, and meet some new people as well.

I would probably be flying up, as I do not think my car will be long-haul ready by then.

A couple of notes from reading the thread:

- As for checking other Fiero scheduled events, that is a good idea for sure. We do NOT want to start conflicting with other events where someone has to decide on which one to attend. Also, if they are spread apart, then people could go to each one of the events.

- As mentioned also, donations to the cancer society / a fund in Tyler's name would be fantastic. There should be a small fee for everyone attending that goes towards that. Anything up and above that fee that people want to donate, would be more than welcome for sure!

- Scout out locations where all of the cars could gather. I think there will be a LOT more Fiero's this time around from what it sounds like, and I am not sure hogging up the Frazee Auto Body parking lot would be the polite thing to do

- Make up a coin for this gathering that people can pre-order and pay for, as many of the other Fiero get-togethers.

Get a date set, to give people at least a few months notice. 6 Months out or more would be great to plan ahead with work schedules, vacations ect ect..

I am more than willing to help coordinating, doing some Photoshop work, website for the get-together and such. Anyone can drop me an email at johnwpb at gmail dot com, or contact me on Yahoo at any time at johnwpbfl

Lastly, I LOVE the name "Tylers Run" as well, but it is already a registered Non-Profit Organization in Cincinnati, OH.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-15-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Any info on this?........ I might have a fiero there to
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Depending on my work schedule I definitely would like to attend. Besides, that is a part of the country I have never been. How knows, it might be a hell of an experience.

Thanks,

Mike
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:
Depending on my work schedule I definitely would like to attend. Besides, that is a part of the country I have never been. How knows, it might be a hell of an experience.
Thanks,
Mike

I will tell you, you will NOT find a nicer bunch of people than the ones that live in Frazee! After the build a bunch of us decided not to go to sleep, and then try to get back up in 45 minutes for the unveil, so we went and had breakfast. there were around 10 of us at the table. A gentleman (I believe his name was Bob, someone please correct me if not) from another table in the diner insisted on picking up our bill ! ! !

I had the same response when I went to get some parts at the local hardware store, he gave a major discount on the stuff I was there to get. No matter if it was a store, restaurant, gas station or anything else, everyone was simply amazing!

I am from West Palm Beach, Floria, and a really urbanized area. People just do not seem to take the time to be nice or friendly. When I stopped in a gas station in Frazee, and the clerk asked if there was anything they could help me find or help with to let them know, I was like ok... errrr.... where is the hidden camera, as this has to be a prank or something! LOL

I would move there in a heartbeat, if it was just not for the massive amounts of snow and the cold I am however soooo looking forward to going back and seeing everyone, and of course give Karen a hard time When I had to say goodbye to Karen and Dave (Frazee Auto Body) I really had a hard time saying goodbye, the same feeling you get when you are at the airport and saying goodbye to a close family member you will not be seeing for a long time. It was only 3 short days (Or REALLY long days depending on how you look at it hahah) but I grew so close to so many people there, in such a short amount of time, it just amazes me!

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
John. I'm driving...so YOUR driving! Even if I don't get it painted I will still drive it out. It'll be good for our cars. We get to turn on the heaters (for once). As for no ricers in frazee . Pk86, lynxer and I went for a drive around a day before the build. In the walmart parking lot was a mazda with a fart can and a huge vynal decal of a guy with a soward. Also got to see a m.n car wash. Ill let pk86 tell you about that...
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I'm definitely in!! The 88' turbo 2.0 project is running and driving now. I have driven it around the neighborhood several times and romped the hell out of it in an attempt to break it and find what the weak links are. So far no failures
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

At this time I have no new updates just yet. We have been in contact with the City up there and things look good from that end. More info to come after the Midwest Club Meeting on Feb.27th in MN. Please stay tuned..
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Well hurry it up!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Well hurry it up!

Yea we dont have all day here.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Depending on when the date is I could probably make some t-shirts for the event with proceeds going to the family. As long as I can fit them in the Fiero Maybe someone cant start thinking about a shirt design.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to suggest October. You guys' snow should be melted by then.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I'm going to suggest October. You guys' snow should be melted by then.

I was told its nice up there in the summer. It should be a fun road trip. Hulki you followin me up?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I do understand the part of 1 year celebration run for Tyler .....I was just wondering... why can't we do Tyler's Run on a date that alot of ppl can make it and does not interfere into other shows or runs... I know that I am not in the states so I'm not too aware of all the main events happening but why not scope out the 2010 calendar and find a good date .... my run to Tylers event will be a 4270 km drive there and back at... least 5 days of driving so please winter driving a fiero is unheard of here in Quebec. This is a look at what winter looks like around here.

So maybe Tylers run could be closer to september than November...... my 2 cents

------------------

Shaved Lambo Doors
http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I do understand the part of 1 year celebration run for Tyler .....I was just wondering... why can't we do Tyler's Run on a date that alot of ppl can make it and does not interfere into other shows or runs... I know that I am not in the states so I'm not too aware of all the main events happening but why not scope out the 2010 calendar and find a good date .... my run to Tylers event will be a 4270 km drive there and back at... least 5 days of driving so please winter driving a fiero is unheard of here in Quebec. This is a look at what winter looks like around here.

So maybe Tylers run could be closer to september than November...... my 2 cents

Lol well its going to be in the summer. The green lantern is never going to see snow.

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I do understand the part of 1 year celebration run for Tyler .....I was just wondering... why can't we do Tyler's Run on a date that alot of ppl can make it and does not interfere into other shows or runs... I know that I am not in the states so I'm not too aware of all the main events happening but why not scope out the 2010 calendar and find a good date .... my run to Tylers event will be a 4270 km drive there and back at... least 5 days of driving so please winter driving a fiero is unheard of here in Quebec. So maybe Tylers run could be closer to september than November...... my 2 cents

To everyone...

Minnesota Fiero's Forever is meeting with the rest of the midwest Fiero clubs to do exactly that. We want as big of a turn out as possible, this is probably not going to take place in the late fall as it does get show car prohibitive up here. It is not meant to be annual to the build night but an annual celebration of Tyler's life and appreciation of the Fiero. It will be an all makes show but it will be for Fiero's first and foremost. We want this to carry on for many years to come and it is meant to be a benefit, not to us as a local club, but to everyone who loves cars and wants to share in that with friends and family across the country and beyond. It will also serve to raise money for cancer related charities and research, TBD.

Please believe me when I say that we are going to try very hard at this and we have high expectations for the years to come.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 01-19-2010).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Whenever a date is picked make up some flyers, I can get them in peoples cars at classic carshows, I attend quite a few.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Whenever a date is picked make up some flyers, I can get them in peoples cars at classic carshows, I attend quite a few.

Hi All,

At this time we have been talking to the Mayor of Frazze about doing this show and things are looking good so far. As for Flyer's there will be some made up and info posted on here and MFF web site.

Thanks
Kevin

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock