Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 17)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Given the time everyone is traveling, AM, the direction is opposite of Rush Hour traffic, so hopefully, not too bad.

Given road construction season, there is no one great way to get from point A to point B.
IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
Given the time everyone is traveling, AM, the direction is opposite of Rush Hour traffic, so hopefully, not too bad.

Given road construction season, there is no one great way to get from point A to point B.

While this normally true ( AM rush hour opposite direction ) all i'm saying is be pre-warned that from the 694 / 494 split in Maple Grove to Rogers Hwy 101 exit is 8 miles or so of road construction !!! Remember, you also loose a lane at the Rogers exit !!

State Troopers stay with the road crew too, so even if it clears for a bit. Don't go over 60 !!!!!!

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 07-21-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

While this normally true ( AM rush hour opposite direction ) all i'm saying is be pre-warned that from the 694 / 494 split in Maple Grove to Rogers Hwy 101 exit is 8 miles or so of road construction !!! Remember, you also loose a lane at the Rogers exit !!

State Troopers stay with the road crew too, so even if it clears for a bit. Don't go over 60 !!!!!!

Are you driving your 3800 or your gsxr??
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Are you driving your 3800 or your gsxr??

He's driving the Fiero...

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 07-21-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

He's driving the Fiero...

Correct.......the Purple Rollercoaster, currently 470hp worth getting tuning tonight
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Correct.......the Purple Rollercoaster, currently 470hp worth getting tuning tonight

Rollercoaster huh? That's a new one. I usually hear other terms for it.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Rollercoaster huh? That's a new one. I usually hear other terms for it.

Yeah, i know. I call it the Purple Turd.......the kids call it the Purple Rollercoaster
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Showoff....
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Showoff....

LOL !!!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Stu is on his way... Leaving a bit early...

I dunno... All of this planning and talking about the show isn't quite the same until someone begins the trip...

Automark is having some Fiero troubles, so most likely won't be coming up with Stu... Which is a shame.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
If I am reading this correctly we will be taking I94 most of the way from Brooklyn Center (Hotel) to the St. Cloud meeting place? Interstate (even if it is road construction) is much better for me considering the trailer. Starting and stopping on 10 sounds bad. Interstate good.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

If I am reading this correctly we will be taking I94 most of the way from Brooklyn Center (Hotel) to the St. Cloud meeting place? Interstate (even if it is road construction) is much better for me considering the trailer. Starting and stopping on 10 sounds bad. Interstate good.

Yes. We'll take the interstate for the run to St Cloud... Then it is just a matter of speed changes in most towns along the way, with stop lights every once in a while.. But it is a more direct route.

I have always run straight up the interstate and then over from Sauk Center.

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking we could paint locations and millage on the signs around the campfire Friday night and nail them up in the correct directions (per DIY Stu's persistence) I dont know what we will do with this thing afterwords, but it should be cool.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
I think my lack of carpentry skills may have added some sort of "patina"?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome Nick!
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
It's more than likely been asked, but are there any gravel roads between the body shop and the Shipman's??
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

It's more than likely been asked, but are there any gravel roads between the body shop and the Shipman's??

Yes. The last 1/4 mile is dirt/gravel... Go slow on the last quarter mile, and don't kick up any dust, and you'll be fine.
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info GTGef. I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys. One of you must have a car outfitted with a 3800 SC that I could catch a ride in??
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heypal:

Thanks for the info GTGef. I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys. One of you must have a car outfitted with a 3800 SC that I could catch a ride in??

How bout the purple roller coaster? PR?

I'll stick to the V8.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
DIY Stu is currently in Oklahoma, a short way North of Ardmore, and booking along pretty quick.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
OK (no pun intended) I'm on the north end Oklahoma city limits. Just ate first time since 330am this morn so 22hrs. Feeling ok, energy 75% with 100 miles until Kansas.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Stu.... Good to hear things are going well and safe. I had a hard time sleeping so I am up and ready to go. I usually have a hard time sleeping before a big event I am excited about.

Chris..... I'll be leaving my house in about 20 or 30 minutes.

The journey has officially started.
See you guys this evening.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I have now picked up a wierd hesitation. Noticed it after fueling up in Oklahoma gas. This must be an OU prank on the Texan. Hopefully a little octane and premium will straighten things out. I'm currently at the Belle Plaine Service Area (gas, food, restroom FREE pit stop.)

I'm going to pull info from the computer for a few minutes to see if it's a Vac leak.

Antuzzi. Hard to get pics when you're driving down the road and posting from your phone. Cliff hasn't made a mobile PIP yet.

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
High idle = VAC leak?
BLM up high 140 range = indicating lean running?
O2 running Lean
temp is running a little high
IAC = 120º
And spit and sputter. going to pull the Cap and see what it's condition is may swap modules to see if it fixes it

------UPDATE-------

Cap shows wear but nothing to do this. Module swap yielded no change. Going to hit the Premium Fuel and hope it's just a bit of Water in the fuel. INT keep rocketing up at idle idle at 1600 hmmmm. maybe next stop will haqve some Octane and carb cleaner or something to try to locate a vac leak or something.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-22-2010).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Man that sucks, hope you get everything figured out Stu!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
On the phone with Stuart now, and he is just south of Topeka, KS. He says things are going well, but the car is still idling like crap. Temperature seems to be hanging around normal now. He says he is looking forward to meeting PurpleReign at his shop, as he will be getting into St. Paul around 5:30 PM or so.

I am on the way out the door to go to work, get things knocked out and then get to the airport at 4:30 this evening, and get into St. Paul at 11:35 PM.

See a few of you guys tonight at the Embassy Suites! If anyone needs to get a hold of me for any reason, call me on my cell phone at (561) Two-Three-Six-7024.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-22-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Oh, Antuzzi, this is about the best "picture" that I could get

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009

Originally posted by lynxer:

I was thinking we could paint locations and millage on the signs around the campfire Friday night and nail them up in the correct directions (per DIY Stu's persistence) I dont know what we will do with this thing afterwords, but it should be cool.

I think my lack of carpentry skills may have added some sort of "patina"?

Nick! Dude! That is PERFECT! Wow!!!! Though, with the number of arrows in the picture, I think you may have slightly underestimated the amount of people gonna be there I have an app on my iPhone, that you can put a city name in, and use the compass on the phone to get the direction to the city, as well as the distance to it. The app is called "Navigator" if anyone else wants to download it, and it's a free app. It will only work on the 3GS, as it needs the compass and video overlay features.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-22-2010).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! I actually have to pack tonight after I get the kids down, work 6-10AM tomorrow and then run to KEV's and head up to St. Cloud... wheee...

Hopefully I will be able to knock the dust off the thing before the trip... I don't think there will be time for a proper car wash...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Stuart reporting in... Copy and Paste from Skype...

[3:48:43 AM] Stuart: Got 29MPG first leg. Now MUCH LESS hope just bad gas. wierd hesitation.
[7:17:04 AM] synssins:
[7:18:27 AM] synssins: Keep going at that rate, and you'll be in the Cities before 6
[7:19:10 AM] synssins: You are only about 8 hours out from here right now
[7:28:07 AM] Stuart: Havent stopped
[7:28:33 AM] Stuart: Havent slept either
[7:28:52 AM] synssins: Obviously.. If you haven't stopped, you haven't slept.
[7:29:00 AM] Stuart: Report in for me.
[7:29:17 AM] synssins: Will do... How is the car running?
[7:30:06 AM] Stuart: About to take nap been up for 22hrs, octane boost is helping hesitation
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Weather Forecast update for Frazee, MN
Jul 23 Tomorrow
Partly to mostly cloudy. High 76F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Jul 23 Tomorrow night
Showers and scattered thunderstorms. Low 61F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Jul 24 Saturday
Showers and thundershowers early. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
Jul 25 Sunday
Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
eh, no biggie. we can work around that.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

How bout the purple roller coaster? PR?

I'll stick to the V8.

LOL !!!! yeah that's do'able. What's wrong Jeff, are scared of the 3800 SC ????
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Dont forget your camping essentials!!!

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
I have 17 signs right now. I ran out of barn wood. I will go back to the farm today and get some. How many should I have???

Nick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Keep on truckin Stu, you can do it!
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else heading up on Saturday interested in caravanning? Were planing on leaving the cities before 7AM.

Blake
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005
(double post sorry)

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 07-22-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

I have 17 signs right now. I ran out of barn wood. I will go back to the farm today and get some. How many should I have???

Nick

Well there are gonna be about 40 Fiero's there from what we can put together as a close guess.... You may need to pick up some paint stirring sticks at the hardware store, just cuz they are narrower and can fit more

I am out the door for the airport in 5 minutes... See everyone tomorrow! (some of you tonight in St. Paul)

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Well there are gonna be about 40 Fiero's there from what we can put together as a close guess.... You may need to pick up some paint stirring sticks at the hardware store, just cuz they are narrower and can fit more

I am out the door for the airport in 5 minutes... See everyone tomorrow! (some of you tonight in St. Paul)

Actually, this sign post isn't for everyone... I believe it should be for Camp Shipman... Besides, talented artists can fit two cities in the same direction onto one sign.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock