Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Lopsided chops? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lopsided chops? by jmbishop
Started on: 08-27-2008 12:19 AM
Replies: 1023 (17361 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-08-2008 08:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Madcurl, you bust me up. So does this mean you are going to have to have new tour shirts printed up for your fans? I'm sure the Lone Star state will declare a respectful period of mourning. *snicker*

I'm sure Golden Gate Fieros aren't running out of ink printing your T-shirts either.

Originally posted by Whuffo:
Golden Gate Fieros is not offering nor would it consider accepting an application for membership from you.

Hmm. According to the comments, some found you to a be a totally bag of refuse.

Originally posted by InTheLead:
You're about as worthless as it gets to this community. Go stir up senseless crap on a Honda forum.

Read more of Stimpy's crying about not being able to play with adults here... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066099.html

Stimpy, are here to play with me again? Remember, I play chest not checkers. Now run along and "Declare your independence."
IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I play chest not checkers."

LOL
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Read more of Stimpy's crying about not being able to play with adults here... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066099.html

Stimpy, are here to play with me again? Remember, I play chest not checkers. Now run along and "Declare your independence."

Yes I hear that you are quite the chest master.

Not so hot in the simple spelling category, though.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 08-28-2008).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:
...when I set the rear hoop section on the outside lines flowed well but when standing back there appeared to be a dip because of the bubble in the roof...

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:
I wonder if that is the cause of the wobble I've noticed? Interesting indeed.

A bubble wobble? I definately have to look into this one.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-28-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I hear that you are quite the chest master.

Not so hot in the simple spelling category, though.

Hmm. You've haven't "Declared your independence" from Pennock's yet. Although, I miss-spelled the word "chess" and it was 3:41 in the morning, the trash archive files don't lie. There's enough information regarding your (pardon me as I use these words) "lop-sided" thinking to last a life time.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No doubt. Have a nice day.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is ridiculous...

Bob
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

PLEASE

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Cliff,

PLEASE

In B4 Trashcan!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
I'm kinda upset, I thought this thread was about Lamb Chop, but turned out to be a thread about Choptop Fieros

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe that this thread made a second page!
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

I'm kinda upset, I thought this thread was about Lamb Chop, but turned out to be a thread about Choptop Fieros

Hey, what you doing with that hand??
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Whatever it is, Lambchop seems to be enjoying it. Ickk!!!

Bob
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

^^^ Whatever it is, Lambchop seems to be enjoying it. Ickk!!!

Bob

Seen it all before. It's what happens when lambs go bad. You know, they start hanging around with the wrong crowd, they start playing around with some X, and then......BAM! There's a fist up their a$$.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't beleve this thread has made it this long.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Hey, what you doing with that hand??

Large boots - $0
Velcro gloves - $0
Real Sheep to push into fence to hold still - Priceless
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do sheep herders bang their sheep at the edge of a cliff?
So the sheep will push back.

Silence of the lamb chops.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, It's all fun and games until some poor lamb gets a fist shoved up its behind.

Bob
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

I dont think this is your purpose, but Its completely irrellevant to do anything to a low rez picture like that, on top of everything else, if the camera was not at exactly 90* to the car, say it was at 80*, then the picture will look straight, but the object will appear shorter and smaller on the far side of the frame.

I havent been in this "other thread" but this sounds to me like little more than someone trying to start crap about someone elses work for no reason, and unless you have done better yourself, you dont even have any room to comment, not unless you sit a can of pop on the roof and it slides off to the side.

If you have to break out a protracter and micrometer to figure out if its wrong, its good enough.

I agree completely! I only wish I had the nerve and the skill (not to mention the facilities) which would allow me to do such beautiful work!! This reminds me of a bunch of 5th graders squabbling. Personally, I can't begin to imagine cutting into my pride and joy with a saw!! And if I did.......I'm sure the result would be much worse than a little lopsided!! My opinion is that Archies cars are a custom work of art....but so are all of the others. I would be proud (thrilled!!!) to own any of them!! And as far as windows without enough curl go, just remember that we own cars which you can scarecly by oem duplicate parts for, much less custom items such as chop glass. GET OVER IT!!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:
I agree completely! I only wish I had the nerve and the skill (not to mention the facilities) which would allow me to do such beautiful work!! This reminds me of a bunch of 5th graders squabbling. Personally, I can't begin to imagine cutting into my pride and joy with a saw!! And if I did.......I'm sure the result would be much worse than a little lopsided!! My opinion is that Archies cars are a custom work of art....but so are all of the others. I would be proud (thrilled!!!) to own any of them!! And as far as windows without enough curl go, just remember that we own cars which you can scarecly by oem duplicate parts for, much less custom items such as chop glass. GET OVER IT!!

Getting back on topic......

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love ewe.
PFF
System Bot
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff,

PLEASE

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Awaiting MstangBware to post his scientific findings, too funny!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
=

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-31-2008).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Just to piggy back on what DL10 said, when I owned the GBCT, I spent LOADS of time pouring over the car, from all angles and many distances. I never noticed anything lopsided.

Ditto, these threads are a joke. Im super anal about the stance of a car and Ive also looked at mine from all directions also. I see nothing that looks "off" I couldnt be happier with the fit and finish of the IRM rocker panels and door gaps ect, The doors even close perrrrfectly with a nice solid "wump" like my OEM SE did. The only thing that caught my eye was my rear deck lid was a little lower on the right.. nothing a couple twists of the rubber bump stop couldnt fix oooh boy. Anywhere I take this car jaws drop and say they have never seen a nicer Fiero.

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love ewe.

theres alot of ewe's out there.....
XtremeFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XtremeFieroGTClick Here to visit XtremeFieroGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XtremeFieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When they make the chops look like this ...

Then and only then you could mention something !!!

To me ( and to MOST of the members ) any one who can make a chop top Fiero doesnt deserve any of this BS, Archies cars look awesome, MadCurls Ride has been my favorite fiero of all time... come on guys, the most beautiful things in life aint straight ... who gives a SH** about 1 tenth of an inch difference...

I'd send my car over to archies any time for a chop ( if I could afford it of course ) and I can guarantee I would be happy with the results... do any of the guys debating this ever do a Chop ??? or at least done even basic bodywork ? try getting something perfectly straight and get back to me with it...

MadCurl certainly does'nt have to take any disrespectful comments on this site as he is one of the pioneers in the fiero customizing industry...

Props to every chop top owner and creator for being ambisious enough to DO IT

and just on a side note... I think I would rather have an extremely slightly crooked chop top than a perfectly straight stock fiero ( I love chops )

Jessie

get over it guys it is not like them fieros you are debating about are'nt beautiful cars... I'd trade mine on one any day ...

and since mine is bone stock no chop... I went ahead and made basic measurements on it to see if there was an imperfection... and guess what... there is ... almost 1/4 inch on front of roofline and 3/8 of an inch in the rear... does it look like it ? I never noticed it ... and francly I don't really care

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XtremeFieroGT:

I'd trade mine on one any day ...

and since mine is bone stock no chop... I went ahead and made basic measurements on it to see if there was an imperfection... and guess what... there is ... almost 1/4 inch on front of roofline and 3/8 of an inch in the rear... does it look like it ? I never noticed it ... and francly I don't really care

I always liked your car. I photochopped it a few years ago. Not one of my better jobs, but I like the squared off look in the back. And I think I liked it better with white wheels.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-31-2008).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark my words, "I will never bring any of my Fieros to a Fiero show in TX"

Aw man, don't blame an ENTIRE state of several million people, for the actions of a handfull. That ain't fair.
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is a JOKE. Grow up jmbishop, you guys are smart and have a lot to offer PFF. You see a real man would have gathered facts and called the person who did the chop and say hey I am not sure if you know this or not but your lines on the chops may be off and DISCUSS IT WITH THEM. A BOY comes into the forum and starts slinging crap and blabbing to everyone only to insult and smear their good name. You guys really should grow up or get out.

Its really black and white as to why you started this thread, your not fooling anyone but yourself.

------------------
1936-2004

[This message has been edited by ambfiero (edited 08-31-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sig test

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-31-2008).]

ambfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, good to see you and it looks as if your sig test worked.
Oh I should tell you it looks like the hill in the background on the red and last chop looks lopsided =). Man these guys are a joke, keep up the good work and I thank you for putting out great fiero items and the SHOW AND GO quality of cars that you do! A + for you.

------------------
1936-2004

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a bad img code line:
I fixed....

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I photochopped it a few years ago. Not one of my better jobs...

Yeah, it's a little lopsided

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 08-31-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Aw man, don't blame an ENTIRE state of several million people, for the actions of a handfull. That ain't fair.

You're right. The loud mouth actions of two individuals do not speak for the entire group.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All this crap and even a trash can thread and jmbishop has no ratings bar yet?

OOPPSS.....well that makes 2 threads

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-01-2008).]

Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a lopsided chop. I can totally see it now!

Ok sorry but I had to do it, got to admit it is funny
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miach:

I found a lopsided chop. I can totally see it now!

Ok sorry but I had to do it, got to admit it is funny

^^^^ Ouch! thats just wrong, LOL I know my car needs another coat of wax but not THAT bad , and tell her to lay off the Bon Bons! .

P.S. That rear raked skirt look is a intresting idea though!

------------------

[This message has been edited by GMGW3 (edited 09-01-2008).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In before the... dammit - too late.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock