Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21986 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yay! we gonna get some WWF action at the 25th? c'mon --- LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMMBLLLLLLE!

always up for alternative entertainment
IP: Logged
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Mr Bitter,
We don't have time, nor do we care to beat our heads against a wall trying to explain why there is a need for Realtors and Stock Brokers. We've tried before and your concrete for brains can't grasp the concept.

I never said that we didn’t need them Ace, NEVER.

I simply explained to you that they are SALESMEN plain and simple. They work on commission basis.

Or am I wrong about that one?

They make more money the more they sell, or am I wrong about that?

You are so arrogant about being right about everything that you can not see that is what I have said.

These people don’t care one bit if you make money on what they sell, as long as they do.

Do you know one realtor who will sell you something and not take a commission?

Do you know one stock broker who will sell or buy stocks for you and not take a commission?

Or am I wrong about any of what I have just said?

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:
When did I do that? The only punk here is you bill. You talk a big game but you just that talk. But keep talking. Threaten me some more bill. You are a big tough guy over the internets aren't you. What would you do if you could afford to travel up here and call me a punk bill? Huh tough guy?

Let it be so written Phranc. You are a punk and when the opportunity presents itself I will indeed say it directly in your face even if I need to climb a ladder to do it.

As I stated above you have a lock on the situation and I gave you the key. I will not set you free... Phranc, on that you can rest assured. So the only thing I need to do is watch and wait as you grapple with your self justifications of what you do and say. I find it amusing.

Phranc? If one day something terrible were to happen to you, I will patiently wait for the knock on my front door. I'm certain there will be many expressions of sympathy for you...

And Phranc? For a guy who talks as big and bold as you do, it's nice to see you humbled by my kind words. I guess you can kill with kindness and I know it will not hold up in a court of law.

So you'll do nothing. Thats what I thought. All talk bill. Whats wrong bill? Why won't you threaten me any more? Is it because you know you can't back them up? Whats wrong tough guy? Not so tough any more? Cowering away when some one stands up to your BS? Come bill threaten me again. It was easy for you before. Tell me what you'll do bill. You won't do any thing. You are just all talk. That is a punk. You make threats like a punk. You talk big like a punk and you slither away like a punk.

Oh yes... How very nice to see you as the victim instead of the victimizer.
I find the reversal very empowering and I cant thank you enough for submitting it to me. You really are a very nice person... Phranc.

I'm not a victim bill your kids are. Your parents are. The woman who had kids with you is. There is no reversal bill. You are still scum. You threaten me and now you run away. Like a punk b!tch.

lol... No no..Mr. Victim.. I'm right here...... waiting very patiently.
I'm going to give you what you want, just be patient... Phranc. You will get it. You aren't a victim.... yet... you are a victim.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 01-08-2008).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Let it be so written Phranc. You are a punk and when the opportunity presents itself I will indeed say it directly in your face even if I need to climb a ladder to do it.

As I stated above you have a lock on the situation and I gave you the key. I will not set you free... Phranc, on that you can rest assured. So the only thing I need to do is watch and wait as you grapple with your self justifications of what you do and say. I find it amusing.

Phranc? If one day something terrible were to happen to you, I will patiently wait for the knock on my front door. I'm certain there will be many expressions of sympathy for you...

And Phranc? For a guy who talks as big and bold as you do, it's nice to see you humbled by my kind words. I guess you can kill with kindness and I know it will not hold up in a court of law.

So you'll do nothing. Thats what I thought. All talk bill. Whats wrong bill? Why won't you threaten me any more? Is it because you know you can't back them up? Whats wrong tough guy? Not so tough any more? Cowering away when some one stands up to your BS? Come bill threaten me again. It was easy for you before. Tell me what you'll do bill. You won't do any thing. You are just all talk. That is a punk. You make threats like a punk. You talk big like a punk and you slither away like a punk.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yay! we gonna get some WWF action at the 25th? c'mon --- LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMMBLLLLLLE!

always up for alternative entertainment

Heheheheh..
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Troll:

Patience... Breath control... Focus...

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes... How very nice to see you as the victim instead of the victimizer.
I find the reversal very empowering and I cant thank you enough for submitting it to me. You really are a very nice person... Phranc.

I'm not a victim bill your kids are. Your parents are. The woman who had kids with you is. There is no reversal bill. You are still scum. You threaten me and now you run away. Like a punk b!tch.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Troll:

Patience... Breath control... Focus...

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Bitter,
You have stated many times that there shouldn't be any Realtors or Stock Brokers. You find them to be worthless because you don't understand twhat exactly they do. That's why you fit the name "Mr. Bitter" so well. If you don't understand something, you're bitter about it. If you find someone that is white collar and makes good money without breaking a sweat or getting dirty, you're bitter about it.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

aceman

4899 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I simply explained to you that they are SALESMEN plain and simple. They work on commission basis.

You are so arrogant about being right about everything that you can not see that is what I have said.

These people don’t care one bit if you make money on what they sell, as long as they do.

Do you know one stock broker who will sell or buy stocks for you and not take a commission?

Mr. Bitter,

Do you know one welder that will take on a project that may take 50 hours of his time to work and not take a dime for his work?

It's their job, Mr Bitter! If you contract with them and you don't like what a real estate agent has done after say 3 months, they don't make a dime, yet they spent say 40 hours of their time with you.

If you don't like what the stock broker picks /advises/recommends you can tell him that he's no longer your broker and he doesn't make a dime off of you.

You don't understand what they do and therefore you're bitter about them.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
much of that frustration comes from the fact that they (salespeople) dont actually produce anything. they are getting paid for someone elses work. and, usually, more than the people who actually DID the work. it is endlessly frustrating to see people who produce nothing make more money than the people who actually do the work.
maybe we need to create a 2nd monetary system, one for people who MAKE stuff, and another for poeople who DONT, to even this out. lol - good luck with that one, eh?
of course I understand the need for a salesman. what good is making a product, if noone buys it? or even knows about it?

but - NONE gets ANYTHING if the actual productive people dont produce. you can design all day long, and do sales meeting all day long - but they are 100% USELESS without the actual product.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You accuse others about being arrogant and right all the time but you are the worst offender man. Get a clue that other people have insight that you may not have and if your real quiet you might be able to hear them.

Most agents rely on referrals for their livelihood. Do you know what that means? I could give you the answer but I think if you get off your trip you could connect some dots.

You seem to have an issue with someone making money for performing a task of expertise. Are you dumb and don't understand how that works or just pissy again about anyone with an expertise other than your own? I wouldn't have someone do anything for me with out paying them. I pay hence I expect. I actually tend to pay better than going rate. I actually expect more when I do. I get more and then I refer them for more business.

It comes down to your own personal ability to control your surroundings. I feel very comfortable working with highly educated people. I mean after all how great it is to be the boss of all these people that have spent their lives learning a trade to perfection and I'll I have to do to acquire this life is cut them in on a piece of the pie that is getting bigger all the time. Every time you hire these people you do so in the interest in improving your bottom line. It is about the end result not how much you had to pay. The people that make the money in this country are not the experts at particular trades so much as the managers that use them.

You must think you are the best at everything to act the way you do. If you got screwed by someone you only have yourself to blame. If you can't figure out the numbers for the best end result you shouldn't even play. Your just not managment material. I can respect someone that simply can't do something. At least they know their limitations.

Don't think I don't know where your coming from here. I happen to hate lawyers. I hate them with a passion. But I am not a lawyer and if I went to court or wrote my own contracts I would not be here. I work with them. I seek them out and find what I'm looking for and then make it worth their while to do me right. If I have to I will and have gotten another lawyer to make sure the first one stays on track. This is the price you pay for living and participating in the world.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was wrong about all these people then?

The only bitter people here are those here who refuse to admit that what I just said is true.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I was wrong about all these people then?

The only bitter people here are those here who refuse to admit that what I just said is true.

In your general use of the word "people" yes... The methods they used to glean money from the unsuspecting and the violations of the peoples trust, No. You are correct, they live.

I will agree unwaveringly that there are those who willfully take advantage of the peoples trust (politicians) and allow other people and corps they work for to follow in their "Big Brothers" footsteps.. in lock step.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Dow 12,589.07 -238.42 / -1.86%

Wall Street's terrible Tuesday
Stocks sink again extending rough start to 2008, as major gauges fall 10 percent off recent highs - the technical definition of a market "correction.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks tumbled Tuesday, continuing the abysmal start to the new year, on growing worries that the economy could be headed for a recession amid the credit and housing market fallout.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People talk about the bad car salesmen all the time. They tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy their cars.

The people I spoke of are salespeople. Stock brokers are salesmen, as are real-estate brokers.

So all these educated people in the real-estate field are so educated that they know so much more than all the rest of us yet they didn’t see what I saw 6 months ago coming?

Same question for the stockbrokers who continue to make money on every trade they make for you?

If they are so smart why didn’t they see what I saw coming 6 months ago?

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A car salesman won't make you money.

A good real estate agent and a good stock broker will. It's a pittance what I pay compared to what that real estate agent will make for me and save me. Plus, I don't have to make sure all the paperwork is done and in order.

It's a pittance what I pay a stockbroker to place my purchases of stock and to tell him to buy at this price and sell at this price.. Plus, a stock broker will give decent advice on the risk involved and the history of that stock and the market.

I pay them for their knowledge to assist me in making the most I can.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:
It's a pittance what I pay a stockbroker to place my purchases of stock and to tell him to buy at this price and sell at this price.. Plus, a stock broker will give decent advice on the risk involved and the history of that stock and the market.

I pay them for their knowledge to assist me in making the most I can.

And again I ask

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And what exactly did you see they didn't?
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Bitter,
My stocks and my retirement fund did very well this year.

I told you, My house going up for sale at $185,000 75% more than what I paid for it.

Mr Bitter,
I DIDN'T lose any money in the stock market.

I WON'T lose any money when my house sells.

It's all been BLACK INK for me.

The ones in RED INK on the housing market are the ones that bought at an over-inflated value and need to sell now.

What does a selling Real Estate Agent care about what the buyer pays for a house? The Buying Agent should have advised "Mr. I'm getting in over my head" better. And what does Mr Buying Agent care if the buyer doesn't listen to his advice?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have ether of you 2 even been reading what I have been saying all along or are you just here to try and intimidate me?

The housing market has been going down for at least the last 6 months and taking the rest of the economy with it.

Ace you are one man out of how many millions?

Not everyone was able to buy there homes 10 years ago, or 5 years ago. Some just got the down payments in the last few years so they looked then.

So the buyers agent is at fault for the housing collapse?

Or is it the buyers getting screwed?

Again they are Real-estate agents who make money on the sale, they don’t care about you.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The housing market has been going down for at least the last 6 months and taking the rest of the economy with it.

Taking the rest down with it?

18k new jobs

5% unemployment. Thats still low

Economic Growth: Real GDP growth was 4.9 percent in the third quarter of 2007, supported by strong gains in business investment and exports. (Last updated: December 20, 2007)

Business Investment: Business spending on commercial structures and equipment rose solidly in the third quarter. Healthy corporate balance sheets bode well for continued investment growth. (Last updated: December 20,2007)

Exports: Strong global growth is boosting U.S. exports, which grew by 10.3 percent over the past 4 quarters. (Last updated: December 20, 2007)

Inflation: Core inflation remains contained. The consumer price index excluding food and energy rose 2.3 percent over the 12 months ending in October. (Last updated: December 14, 2007)

Tax Revenues: Tax receipts rose 6.7 percent in fiscal year 2007 (FY07) on top of FY06's 11.8 percent increase. As a share of GDP, FY07 receipts exceeded their 40-year average. (Last updated: October 12, 2007)

Real after-tax income per person increased 2.1 percent over the past 12 months (ending in November). (Last updated: December 21, 2007)

We are on track to make significant further progress on the deficit. The FY07 budget deficit was down to 1.2 percent of GDP, from 1.9 percent in FY06. Much of the improvement in the deficit reflects strong revenue growth, which in turn reflects the continued strength of the U.S. economy. Looking ahead, higher spending on entitlement programs dominates the future fiscal situation; we must squarely face up to the challenge of reforming these programs.

Quarter after quarter of economic growth.

Tell me has there been one quarter or one month of negative growth?

Maybe they didn't see what you did because you're seeing things that aren't there.

But you keep posting your tired old housing drum time and time again and counter with a myriad of other factors that show growth.

Tunnel vision. Thats what you see. One small factor and your so fixated on it you can't see the numerous other things that show growth.

They didn't see what you saw because they saw the big picture. Something you can't do. Or refuse to do.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Housing Woes, AT&T News Sinks Stocks

Tuesday January 8, 5:45 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street skidded lower in another fitful session Tuesday, with investors worried that the tumbling economy may not only cripple mortgage lenders like Countrywide Financial Corp. but also create problems for other companies like AT&T Inc. The Dow Jones industrials fell nearly 240 points.
Investors tried to take the market higher at many points during the day, but eventually succumbed to another stream of bad news. The Dow and the Standard & Poor's 500 index are down more than 5 percent so far this year and the Nasdaq composite index is down nearly 8 percent, having been pummeled since Jan. 1 due to worse-than-anticipated readings on the economy.
The day's events raised fears that fourth-quarter earnings reports, which start pouring in later this week, may not meet already lowered expectations.

In the morning, the National Association of Realtors said its index tracking pending U.S. home sales fell 2.6 percent in November, a larger decline than the market expected. Jitters about the profitability of Countrywide and KB Home kept Wall Street on edge throughout the day, and President Bush reiterating the problems facing the economy likely added to the market's uneasiness.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8u1vr680&

Housing Outlook Takes a Grim Turn

Tuesday January 8, 6:26 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Shares of Countrywide Financial Corp., the nation's largest mortgage lender, sank to an all-time low Tuesday as a major homebuilder offered a grim outlook for the industry and the Bush administration signaled it is growing more concerned about rising mortgage defaults.
KB Home reported a mammoth loss for the fourth quarter and said there are no indications that the housing market is stabilizing. The head of Fannie Mae, a government-sponsored mortgage lender, predicted the housing market would weaken through 2009 and said a turnaround wasn't likely until 2010.
President Bush, meanwhile, conceded, "It's going to take awhile to work through the downturn," and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said he is concerned about the potential for additional home defaults.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8u20eb00&

All these educated people here keep saying we are fine, good, you are fine, the rest of the economy is NOT.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Cayne Out As Bear Stearns CEO

Tuesday January 8, 8:06 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) — Bear Stearns Cos. said Tuesday that Chief Executive James "Jimmy" Cayne will give up control of the fifth-largest U.S. investment bank amid unprecedented losses from the subprime mortgage crisis.

Cayne, 73, will serve as non-executive chairman, the New York-based company said in a statement. He will be succeeded as CEO by President Alan Schwartz, effective immediately.

"We have been through some challenging times in the past few months, but I am confident the difficulties are temporary," Cayne said in a memo to staff. "I am equally confident that Alan will lead Bear Stearns to new levels of success and prestige."

Cayne added that his new role as non-executive chairman will be as an "advisory capacity" to Schwartz, and he is no longer an employee of Bear Stearns. The memo did not state when Cayne might give up the chairman position.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8u21tg80&

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All these educated people here keep saying we are fine, good, you are fine, the rest of the economy is NOT.
Its not my fault you don't understand the numbers. I just showed you where the economy is up and still growing. Big picture, not tunnel vision.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big picture housing is bringing a lot of others down.
The numbers have been going down all last year.
Who has tunnel vision now

Everything is connected, the dominos are falling.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Big picture housing is bringing a lot of others down.
The numbers have been going down all last year.
Who has tunnel vision now

Everything is connected, the dominos are falling.

Show me the negative growth numbers. You can't. All you can do is harp on housing. I just showed you numbers that weren't down. You don't know what the big picture is. But keep posting you doom and gloom. I'll keep posting positive growth until there isn't any. But we'll see how long that takes. If we had listened to you 6 months ago it should be happening now. But it isn't.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As my buddy that owns a body shop says

“These things take time.”

You keep posting what you think is good news and I will keep posting the down side. We will see who is right in the end.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As my buddy that owns a body shop says

“These things take time.”

You keep posting what you think is good news and I will keep posting the down side. We will see who is right in the end.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

You keep posting the same reports over and over again.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the same reports just updates of the progress.

They may be about the same subject but not the same report.

Each gets worse as time progresses.

Each shows more things are being affected.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

People talk about the bad car salesmen all the time. They tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy their cars.

The people I spoke of are salespeople. Stock brokers are salesmen, as are real-estate brokers.

So all these educated people in the real-estate field are so educated that they know so much more than all the rest of us yet they didn’t see what I saw 6 months ago coming?

Same question for the stockbrokers who continue to make money on every trade they make for you?

No doubt car salesmen are the worst and it does appear that many of them employed the same tactics when selling homes and home financing. Thats mainly company policy and a government that allows them to get away with it.

"Nation's largest mortgage lender tumbles after report alleging 'recreated' letters in customer's bankruptcy procedure and analyst's comments."

Rome operated on many of these same principals. The more money you have the more political influence you can buy.

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Its not my fault you don't understand the numbers. I just showed you where the economy is up and still growing. Big picture, not tunnel vision.

LMAO!
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Investors brace for bad bank earnings
Wall Street is anticipating a deluge of disappointing quarterly reports from the financial sector as credit crisis rolls on.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Sometimes when it rains, it pours on Wall Street. And next week, forecasters are calling for a flood.

Beginning next Monday, Wall Street will most likely find itself drowning in a torrent of dreary earnings news from some of the nation's biggest banks, marking yet another grim milestone for the troubled financial sector.

It's not going to be a pretty sight," said Frank Barkocy, director of research at the investment advisory firm Mendon Capital Advisors in New York, which owns shares of a number of large banks including Bank of America and Washington Mutual.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMAO!

Don't respond to me retard. You are so god damned worthless all you can do is laugh but lack any thing substantial. Take the time and instead get a job so you can provide for your kids like a man and stop leeching off your parents.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't respond to me retard. You are so god damned worthless all you can do is laugh but lack any thing substantial. Take the time and instead get a job so you can provide for your kids like a man and stop leeching off your parents.

LOL

MBIA slashes dividend by more than half
Bond insurer says move will save the company $80 million annually, warns of bigger-than-expected quarterly loss.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- MBIA Inc. slashed its dividend by more than half Wednesday as part of a larger plan by the troubled bond insurer to raise capital and maintain its lofty credit rating.

The Armonk, NY-based company said it would cut its quarterly dividend by 62 percent, lowering it to 13 cents a share from 34 cents a share.

E*Trade steps up turnaround effort
Online brokerage sells $3 billion in mortgage-backed investments, exits institutional trading business after shares hit all-time low.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Troubled discount brokerage E-Trade Financial Corp. said Wednesday it sold about $3 billion of mortgage-backed securities and municipal bonds in addition to the November sale of its $3 billion asset-backed securities portfolio.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 01-09-2008).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You taking care of them kids of yours yet bill? Or are you going to post another thread next christmas about how they had to sell off you crap because you don't provide for them like a man? Laugh it bill. It helps dull the pain from your failure as a man and a father doesn't it.But keep responding to me retard. Its easier then getting a job and taking care of your responsibilities isn't it. You don't realize this because you've proven you are an idiot time and again but you are the reason your life sucks and you have to lash out and threaten people. Maybe if you got a job you could help out the economy.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can’t you 2 act like adults and keep to the subject? I can understand the animosity but come on.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You taking care of them kids of yours yet bill? Or are you going to post another thread next christmas about how they had to sell off you crap because you don't provide for them like a man? Laugh it bill. It helps dull the pain from your failure as a man and a father doesn't it.But keep responding to me retard. Its easier then getting a job and taking care of your responsibilities isn't it. You don't realize this because you've proven you are an idiot time and again but you are the reason your life sucks and you have to lash out and threaten people. Maybe if you got a job you could help out the economy.

LMMFO

Bush keeps eye on economy
The President says he's watching the economy closely in case federal intervention is needed.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush said Tuesday that he is watching very carefully to see if the struggling U.S. economy needs a short-term boost from the federal government.

"We're listening to different ideas about what may or may not need to happen," he said. "We'll work through this. We'll work through this period of time."

He wouldn't comment on any specific ideas he is considering, such as tax cuts aimed at lessening the chance of a recession. "We'll look at all different options."

On Monday, Bush talked about recent indicators that have been "increasingly mixed," a new recognition of the challenges now facing the economy, primarily resulting from a severe housing crisis.

Previous Bush statements have paid attention to the financial fears of many American families and the effects of the housing slump, but focused on what he calls the strong fundamentals underpinning the economy.

"It's going to take awhile to work through the downturn," he said Tuesday of the housing crisis. He spoke in response to a question, during a Rose Garden event on Iraq.

Key words
Struggling U.S. economy, Indicators increasingly mixed, challenges facing the economy, severe housing crisis, the down turn?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

keep to the subject?

I know you weren't referring to me.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know you weren't referring to me.

Nah, Bill, because you're always on the subject when not antagonizing everyone.....Oops! That's 90% of your posts.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock