Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21986 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're posting all these articles. Do you understand any of these articles?

You say that the economy is in the shitter..............So I assume you believe the economy is therefore in a recession?

The economists use words like can, might, may, could. They HAVE NOT said that the economy is in a recession. They have not said anything close to the economy is in the shitter. There are many factors not being posted that says the economy is still not near a recession.
IP: Logged
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, sure! your just trying to confuse the issue with facts, Dang, when are you going to learn that some people just can't learn! hehehehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

LFC still holding onto past gains @ 96.03. China index stock FXI at $202.94...wow! Not bad if you got in under $100 bucks in three months flat or even @131 per share. A few bucks lost @109.71 RIMM (somebody rated it over-rated). CSCO still holding @32.79

Gees. Now FXI $212.37, LFC $99.26, RIMM $121.50, AAPL $186.91, CSCO $32.46, & GOOG $695.05 too! I need to get out soon...

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the facts ace, just the facts.

I never said that we were in a recession, simply that the economy is going down the tubes.

It’s been going down hill for months and I have said it was but those of you who seem to think they know more say no. I never gave a time frame just that the economy is going down.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I never said that we were in a recession, simply that the economy is going down the tubes.

It’s been going down hill for months and I have said it was but those of you who seem to think they know more say no. I never gave a time frame just that the economy is going down.

You're stating your OPINION. Not facts.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is beginning to remind me of the "Black Night" on Monty Python! hehehehehehe

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071031/economy.html

Read it and weep Stevie. I was surprised you didn't post this link this morning,,,,,,no I'm not.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys can keep posting these articles all day long.

you wont get anywhere. it is much like argueing if a particular girl is hot or not.
think y'all figure this out by now...20 pages later.....
for many - the economy sucks. sucks bad. really really bad. especially those, who like me, are in housing. wtf good is designing a subdivision, when ya cant even sell a single house. my company is 1/2 the size it was 2 years ago. and shrinking. it almost as small as when I started, back in the late 80's.
for many others - the economy ROCKS. having access worldwide for low manufacturing costs or high quality, depending on needs is incredable. I'm sure quite few people here have already used online machine shops to get custom parts made. it is amazing. even from a scanned sketch, you can get a custom bracket made, if ya needs it. or, get a full production run done. I'm sure TrueLeo could be done for much less, if they went online & looked around.

but, the ever looming "energy crunch". that is the only real economic force that needs dealing with. retirees & bad loans - no biggie.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

You guys can keep posting these articles all day long. You wont get anywhere. it is much like argueing if a particular girl is hot or not.

Yeah, I agree since the original intent was about the "economy"....good or bad and not a broader range of the stock market. Sorry for hi-jacked the thread guys. I'll start another thread related to the stock market and how a person can make monies from the gloom and doom U.S. housing market and economy.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you guys can keep posting these articles all day long.

you wont get anywhere. it is much like argueing if a particular girl is hot or not.
for many - the economy sucks. sucks bad. really really bad. especially those, who like me, are in housing. wtf good is designing a subdivision, when ya cant even sell a single house. my company is 1/2 the size it was 2 years ago. and shrinking. it almost as small as when I started, back in the late 80's.
for many others - the economy ROCKS. having access worldwide for low manufacturing costs or high quality, depending on needs is incredable. I'm sure quite few people here have already used online machine shops to get custom parts made. it is amazing. even from a scanned sketch, you can get a custom bracket made, if ya needs it. or, get a full production run done. I'm sure TrueLeo could be done for much less, if they went online & looked around.

but, the ever looming "energy crunch". that is the only real economic force that needs dealing with. retirees & bad loans - no biggie.

Those articles are echoing... or is it you are echoing the articles?

Gahh.... 1/4 drop in interest makes the market rally and things appear good when we ALL know it isnt.

Some know it first hand, others not just yet.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 10-31-2007).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bill, the economy is going down the tubes. You better stock up on the free cheese while it is still available.

DJIA 13930.01 +137.54 +1.00%
• NASDAQ 2859.12 +42.41 +1.51%
• S&P 500 1549.38 +18.36 +1.20%

GDP advance of 3.9 percent was largest in 18 months.
PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Bill, the economy is going down the tubes. You better stock up on the free cheese while it is still available.

GDP advance of 3.9 percent was largest in 18 months.

That 3.9 says it all in a nutshell. Case closed...................for now.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I invest in real estate, and I'm getting my ass handed to me right now. But you won't hear me talking about "the economy going down the tubes", because I know the truth - things go in cycles, including real estate. Right now, real estate is down. You can't have 20% appreciation per year, year after year. And you don't want to, because people can't afford to buy. I could make a killing if it did, but I know that it's better if things don't go up that fast. And I like to see people able to afford houses, not because of investment purposes, but because it's a good thing for people. So I'll adjust, retool, and go with it.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Does being an forum trolling ass hole just come naturally or is it something you work at?
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read something the other day that real estate is down a lot in CA, FL, AZ, and NV. In pretty much the rest of the country it's staying flat or still increasing, but not at the rate it was earlier. Could that be because IN CA, FL, AZ, and NV it was overvalued? Hmmmmm.

I realize if you live in these areas, it's a tough nut to handle. I also realize those are bit, populous states (especially CA and FL) so they affect the national averages to a large degree. But it does point out that real estate market changes are geographical in scope and hard to make a blanket generalization about the health of a market.

John Stricker

Originally posted by fierobear:

I invest in real estate, and I'm getting my ass handed to me right now. But you won't hear me talking about "the economy going down the tubes", because I know the truth - things go in cycles, including real estate. Right now, real estate is down. You can't have 20% appreciation per year, year after year. And you don't want to, because people can't afford to buy. I could make a killing if it did, but I know that it's better if things don't go up that fast. And I like to see people able to afford houses, not because of investment purposes, but because it's a good thing for people. So I'll adjust, retool, and go with it.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I read something the other day that real estate is down a lot in CA, FL, AZ, and NV. In pretty much the rest of the country it's staying flat or still increasing, but not at the rate it was earlier. Could that be because IN CA, FL, AZ, and NV it was overvalued? Hmmmmm.

John Stricker

R/E in CA overvalued? Maybe. But that doesn't mean it will crash. The prices simply got overheated by the demand. Now, values are cooling off with the market. Things are basically stabilizing. There are a few areas where the prices are declining, but it's more of an adjustment and it was probably needed.

The thing people forget is that 20%+ appreciation per year is NOT normal. 7% per year is generally considered normal. Land is still at a premium here in CA, and it's like they say "they ain't making any more." It's just that demand was very high, and now it's cooling off.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. 3.9% impressive... I wonder who is getting the money from that GDP gain. Mortgage foreclosures are up 30%

Foreclosures: Moving on up
Filings rise with more on the horizon as interest rates jump on a record number of adjustable mortgages.
By Keisha Lamothe, CNNMoney.com staff writer
November 1 2007: 6:03 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Foreclosure filings climbed during the third quarter of 2007 with no relief in sight, according to a report released Thursday.

The report by RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosure properties, showed the number of filings rose 30 percent from the previous quarter and nearly doubled from a year earlier.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I realize if you live in these areas, it's a tough nut to handle. I also realize those are bit, populous states (especially CA and FL) so they affect the national averages to a large degree. But it does point out that real estate market changes are geographical in scope and hard to make a blanket generalization about the health of a market.

John Stricker

yes, flat here.....maybe slight decline in prices
CA & FL are "prime" states, arent they? they will always be $$$ - and wildly varying - but still $$$
AZ & NV were booming with jobs, and that fueled a people rush, and housing shortage, which of course created their temporary overvalue. now that the construction caught up with their shortage & population - the price is returning to it should have been all along. yes, I bet that really sucks for the folks who were late in the game....
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stocks Plunge; Dow Drops More Than 360

Thursday November 1, 5:55 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street plunged Thursday, pulling the Dow Jones industrial average down more than 360 points as investors found themselves confronted by two uncomfortable prospects: an end to interest rate cuts and a slowing economy.
Mindful of a warning from the Federal Reserve Wednesday about inflation, the market nervously watched the price of oil, which passed $96 a barrel overnight for the first time before dipping on profit-taking. The Fed, which cut interest rates a quarter point, said in a statement that inflation remained a concern, and oil's ascent to another record raised the possibility not only that the Fed might stop cutting rates, but that it might even consider raising them if inflation accelerates.
Meanwhile, Wall Street also had to contend with concerns about a slowing economy. A report from the Commerce Department indicated consumers scaled back their spending in September as worries mounted about a worsening housing market and further credit market turmoil. And a trade group reported that manufacturing in the U.S. grew in October at the weakest pace since March.

Ya we are doing just great.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8sl4npo0&

You don’t need a degree in economics to see what is happening and has been happening ever since I started this thread.

I think the important part of this link is right here.

Christopher Cordaro, chief investment officer at RegentAtlantic Capital, said Wall Street remains anxious about the possibility of recession. He also believes the market is devoid of enough positive news "to have any type of sustained rally."

But then I don’t know anything. I don’t understand the economy because I don’t have a degree.

You know what? I hope all those who have been praising the economy all this time and saying just how good we have it now. Take it right up the ass, just like the rest of us have been doing, because of the housing crunch, credit crunch, employment crunch.

Some will always be doing well, some. But when the majority of Americans have been getting the shaft all this time it just doesn’t look good.

OK now all you guys who have been saying we are doing just fine, flame me. I’m just not educated enough to understand something that I have been right about all along.

------------------

jerry455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
around here in south east mich. the economy is terrible. chrysler just anounced more cuts , foreclosures are up 110% from last year. on top of all that our wonderful gov. 2 penny jenny is raising our taxes again. just what is needed to help struggling families and attracting new business , typical democrat.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
360 points = less then 3%

Not that big. It was also a light trading day. Meaning a relative few people took money out.
You do need a degree in economics or at least a remedial refresher course.

But thanks for hoping I "take it up the ass". Your a bitter fool. I hope if I have to take it up the ass you wind up a broke homeless bum and your woman leaves you for some one competent and employed. And the majority of Americans haven't been getting the shaft.

To bad you haven't been right all along.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See that’s the problem with you and others I have been right all along. The economy has been going down hill all this time, slowly but surely.

The US dollar against the Canadian is now worth less.

Rising bankruptcies still.

The feds have tried to prop it up by dropping the interest rate and all they have succeeded in doing is devaluing the dollar.

Funny thing is, you are not the majority of Americans, you are the minority. Most Americans still are working for someone else. They don’t own their own business.

You and others have all said so many derogatory things against me I just thought I should return the favor.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You ignored the article posted:

The economy is up!

The economy is more than Wall Street and more than the housing market and ultimately, it's more than the "little guy's" bank account.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

The economy is up!

The economy is more than Wall Street and more than the housing market and ultimately, it's more than the "little guy's" bank account.

But he's been right the whole time when he says its down down down!!!!!!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee that was yesterday ace. But then you do look for what ever make your argument even if they are late and wrong.

Originally posted by aceman:
The economy is up!

Ya that’s why the dollar is at an all-time low to all other currency.

Spending Growth Slowed in September

Thursday November 1, 5:49 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — The growth in consumer spending slowed to a crawl in September as shoppers, worried about a deepening housing downturn, stayed away from the malls.
A different gauge of manufacturing activity slipped close to recession levels last month.
The latest economic data is likely signaling that a sharp slowdown is under way over the next two quarters as the housing slump, this summer's severe credit crunch and now rising energy prices take a toll on economic growth, analysts said.
The Commerce Department reported Thursday that consumer spending rose by 0.3 percent in September, the smallest rise in three months and lower than the 0.4 percent increase analysts expected. The 0.4 percent gain in incomes was in line with expectations.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8sl4kh80&

Ace think what ever you want the economy is going down, slowly but surely. every time the fed drops the interest rate wall street looks up and then drops.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres no place like home.. click click... theres no place like home.. click click... theres no place like home.. click click...
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the devaluation of the dollar always that bad, Steve? Tell me your views from your education in economics. Maybe you could tell me your views from your extensive investment background. Or, maybe you can tell me that from your background as a businessman.

Oh! You don't have ANY of that! So, tell me why I should take stock in your words? Ya know , I'm not too smart in talking economics, but I can at least swim in the deep end because I do have some investments, I've owned successful small businesses and I do have a few classes in basic, micro and macro economics. I may disagree with Toddster on many issues, but I don't discredit the man for his input on economics. He has stated he has a Bachelors in economics. He hasn't stated anything whacked in this area, so I tend to believe that.

How far has Wall Street fallen since you posted your first post that was disguised as you trying to get educated in economics. Remember that first post? Then you got all pissed because everyone said you were completely off-base in your views.

Do you skim over the word GAIN in any article you post?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how over the last year over 75% of all you posts on here are in threads to antagonize, intimidate, demoralize and just plain make fun of me.

You say what you want.

Lets see the dollar is down that means what we buy costs us more, or am I wrong?

You like picking on people ace, go pick on one of your enlisted men. Them you can get away with it.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Australia ASX 100 -98.10 -1.80% 5,415.20 11/2 12:42pm
Australia ASX All Ords -118.50 -1.75% 6,735.10 11/2 12:42pm
Australia ASX Mid-cap 50 -130.30 -1.91% 6,773.00 11/2 12:42pm
Hong Kong Hang Seng +140.30 +0.45% 31,492.88 11/1 5:59pm
Hong Kong HSCC Red Chip +39.09 +0.56% 7,000.88 11/1 4:25pm
Japan Nikkei 225 -334.42 -1.98% 16,535.98 11/2 11:00am
Europe
Index Change %Change Level Last Update *
Belgium Bel 20 -80.53 -1.81% 4,361.29 11/1 6:07pm
Europe DJ Stoxx -69.34 -1.78% 3,815.78 11/1 7:00pm
Europe Euronext 100 -17.26 -1.65% 1,027.41 11/1 6:08pm
Europe Euronext 150 -19.81 -1.03% 1,902.82 11/1 6:08pm
France CAC -117.03 -2.00% 5,730.92 11/1 6:10pm
France SBF 80 -106.94 -1.54% 6,848.17 11/1 6:12pm
France SBF 120 -82.45 -1.94% 4,176.80 11/1 6:12pm
Germany DAX -138.37 -1.73% 7,880.85 11/1 6:31pm
Germany MDAX -162.16 -1.52% 10,477.85 11/1 6:31pm
Germany TECDAX +0.60 +0.06% 1,017.27 11/1 6:31pm
Netherlands AEX -6.93 -1.26% 540.92 11/1 6:07pm
Norway BRIX +7.07 +0.18% 3,841.43 11/1 3:56pm
Norway OSE Industry +2.65 +0.16% 491.02 11/1 4:28pm
Sweden OMX -14.71 -1.24% 1,168.49 11/1 5:42pm
Sweden OMSX All Share +4.41 +1.16% 384.15 10/31 12:00am
UK FTSE 100 -135.50 -2.02% 6,586.10 11/1 4:35pm
UK FTSE All Shares -64.74 -1.87% 3,389.38 11/1 4:36pm
UK FTSE Eurotop -56.49 -1.69% 3,279.39 11/1 4:45pm
UK FTSE Techmark -12.73 -0.72% 1,753.24 11/1 4:36pm
Americas
Index Change %Change Level Last Update *
Canada TSE 300 -252.46 -1.73% 14,372.54 11/1 5:05pm
Canada CDNX -3.94 -0.13% 3,131.68 11/1 5:05pm
Canada S&P/TSX 60 -16.36 -1.93% 832.46 11/1 5:05pm
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny how over the last year over 75% of all you posts on here are in threads to antagonize, intimidate, demoralize and just plain make fun of me.

You say what you want.

Lets see the dollar is down that means what we buy costs us more, or am I wrong?

You like picking on people ace, go pick on one of your enlisted men. Them you can get away with it.

That doesn't answer how far the stock market has fallen since your first post.

And spending growth typicaly slows around sep-oct. Do you know why?

[This message has been edited by Phranc (edited 11-01-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WASHINGTON (AP) — The growth in consumer spending slowed to a crawl in September as shoppers, worried about a deepening housing downturn, stayed away from the malls.

A different gauge of manufacturing activity slipped close to recession levels last month.

The latest economic data is likely signaling that a sharp slowdown is under way over the next two quarters as the housing slump, this summer's severe credit crunch and now rising energy prices take a toll on economic growth, analysts said.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8sl4kh80&

------------------

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10-01-2007 Dow 14,087.55, hits record after FED 1/4 point drop.

11-01-2007 Dow 13,567.87 after another FED 1/4 point drop.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL and is that why it dipped last year? Two years ago? 3 years ago? 5 years ago? Typically means it happens alot. Now use some of your critical thinking powers and try to imagine why spending slows every year around sep-oct. Every year. Typically.

And how much has the market fallen since post #1?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again just for you ace, my first post was not just about the stock market, for some reason you are stuck on the idea that was all that was in that first post.

It wasn’t.

The best part of this last quote was.

I think I made my point ace. But ya we are just fine.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I made my point ace.

Yes, you have. Time and time again.............That you are a frikken idiot that lacks comprehension skills.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again just for you ace, my first post was not just about the stock market, for some reason you are stuck on the idea that was all that was in that first post.

It wasn’t.

The best part of this last quote was.

I think I made my point ace. But ya we are just fine.

Quoting articles isn't using those critical thinking skills. slipped close to isn't a recession. And you didn't make your point you parroted an article. And the housing slump is regional thus not indicative of the whole picture. What kind of slump has new home sales up anyway? You did know new home sales were up didn't you?

Since you can't think for your self I'll tell you why the spending dips every year sep-oct. Its because people put off spending so they can buy for christmas. Every year chump. Not just this year. Every year. A remedial understanding of the economy would have let you figure that out by your self.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7/27/2007 Dow close @ 13,473.. Lest see what the future holds.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

7/27/2007 Dow close @ 13,473.. Lest see what the future holds.

11/1/2007 Dow Closes at 13,567

That over 3 months into the future. I guess the Dow is steady even to up.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know what? I hope all those who have been praising the economy all this time and saying just how good we have it now. Take it right up the ass, just like the rest of us have been doing, because of the housing crunch, credit crunch, employment crunch.

Somehow I am not surprised you have been taking it up the ass. :-)

You are petty ignorant buffoon! wishing misfortune and anal sex on people surely shows your true nature, a bitter, spiteful and jealous fool.

You use terms like "the rest of us" pretty loosely when you do not even have a job! I believe you told us you have paid off your house already too. Just how is the credit crunch or any of the other fantasy crunches hurting you exactly? Is your hobby farm suffering? have your disability checks stopped?

Why don't you go back to calling the fire victims and all Californians idiots in the other thread and leave the basic thinking to people that still have working brains, the vast majority of Americans are in fact doing just fine, and you call others idiots! hahahaha
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
52-Week Range (Low - High): 11,939.61 - 14,198.10
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock