Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44247 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so here is John as we are taking off the cardboard and getting the angle on the top of the foam bumper.

Here is the cardboard off the foam bumper and John trying to rush out of my way when I took the picture,
Sorry buddy - still gotcha - LOL

Another angle, sorta looks like a nascar front end right now, lol

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

IP: Logged
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's starting to come together pretty nice......I like all the progress so far...AWESOME..
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were also talking about putting the forwazrd lip spoiler on the front just like the 69 Mustang, really adds to the look!!!

------------------

seth1972

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seth1972Send a Private Message to seth1972Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awwww yea that chin spoiler is just what it needed!
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea. Keep up the good work.

I vote for the black style.

-Michael
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seth1972:

Awwww yea that chin spoiler is just what it needed!

X2!! Great photoshop work, Terry!! Thank you very much! I definately want to put that shape at the bottom!

> Question: Do you all like it to look like a separate black piece or would you like it all molded in and body color?

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I prefer it to be black

-Michael
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets let terry apply it to same color and look at it then,

------------------

seth1972

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seth1972Send a Private Message to seth1972Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been toying around for a while of creating a 3d model using Autodesk 3ds Max of a 70's Fiero. As in, what if Pontiac made the Fiero in the mid 70s instead of mid 80s, and I think this nose is exactly what I needed for inspiration to go ahead with the modelling. I started it today, and hopefully I'll finish the entire car before too long. I'm just doing this for fun in my spare time because I love making 3d car models. I've made 3 or 4 models now in the past year or so, and all of my cars are concept muscle cars. Here's an early render of the front bumper. The cool thing about the 3d model is I can render it in any angle and easily change the colors/proportions once it's done.

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think molded in and the same color would be my preference.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, here is the cool part, it will all be fiberglass so you can paint it whatever color you want!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome great work... cant wait to see how it looks when you cut into the foam...
seth1972

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seth1972Send a Private Message to seth1972Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Well, here is the cool part, it will all be fiberglass so you can paint it whatever color you want!!

Well, there's that, and the fact that it's real!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been toying around for a while of creating a 3d model using Autodesk 3ds Max of a 70's Fiero. As in, what if Pontiac made the Fiero in the mid 70s instead of mid 80s, and I think this nose is exactly what I needed for inspiration to go ahead with the modelling. I started it today, and hopefully I'll finish the entire car before too long. I'm just doing this for fun in my spare time because I love making 3d car models. I've made 3 or 4 models now in the past year or so, and all of my cars are concept muscle cars. Here's an early render of the front bumper. The cool thing about the 3d model is I can render it in any angle and easily change the colors/proportions once it's done.

Holy heck !!! that looks really cool I am still behind the times I looked up the software and my mouth dropped and thought I'll stay behind the times http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...17282&pf_rd_i=507846 great 3D rendering though

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vents in the red one need to be wider. not longer.

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Here it is with the lower lip same color. Thanks again Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-23-2013).]

seth1972

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seth1972Send a Private Message to seth1972Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Holy heck !!! that looks really cool I am still behind the times I looked up the software and my mouth dropped and thought I'll stay behind the times http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...17282&pf_rd_i=507846 great 3D rendering though

Wow that's expensive!!! I have Autodesk 2009, which is a bit outdated I guess but works fine for me. I got the student (non-commercial) version of the software free in one of my college classes last year (well, not really free with the ridiculous cost of tuition, but not $4,000...)
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gee they both look good ... now i dont know which i like better both are awesome

[This message has been edited by coady (edited 05-23-2013).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's one nice CtopTopped, suicide door, LT1 Fiero there.

I'll bet the driver is just as sleek & handsome as the car.

Might you have any other information on it?

Archie
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Wow, that's one nice CtopTopped, suicide door, LT1 Fiero there.

I'll bet the driver is just as sleek & handsome as the car.

Might you have any other information on it?

Archie

Imma take a shot in the dark on this one, is it ARCHIE!!!!
I like the car, we had an idea of the bumper thought it looked good on our chop top, heck might even send business your way!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-23-2013).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the look you guys are after. Where will the turn signals go?
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my thought on the black spoiler and you look fantastic Archie

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I really like the look you guys are after. Where will the turn signals go?

We are going to try and ghost them, meaning you will not see them until they turn on. We are contemplating placing them behind the grill plates hidden.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-24-2013).]

retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!! Honestly, I was quite skeptical about the project until you added that chin spoiler (looks better in black btw). I love the GTO, but I wasn't sure a big mouthy grill would compliment the Fiero's sleek aerodynamic lines. Keep up the good work and PLEASE PLEASE post more pics so us non-body guys can learn from your awesomeness !!
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the grills going to be made from?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

What are the grills going to be made from?

Not 100% sure, we were thinking of some type of fiberglass but we have some other options we are not going to reveal on that just yet. We have to get the bumper ready first before we go to that step.
(hint - maybe carbon fiber).

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wanna see
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the pics I took during our last session. More soon.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good lord! That is awesome! Want to send me some renderings of Fieros? :P
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That nose looks great on the Fiero. If you could use the GTO grills and hidaway lights that would be sweet.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

That nose looks great on the Fiero. If you could use the GTO grills and hidaway lights that would be sweet.

No room for hidaway headlights without cutting some metal. We'll leave that to the individuals who might want to take it to the next level. Sorry.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

I meant to say earlier that this does look great! I hope ours turns out as well. Nice work.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, here are some pictures of some more progress. Johnathon will post some more later as well. I didn't have as many pics this round but he has more.

This is where we got the angle of slope of the hood:

Here we are shaping the front nose and angle of the front side of the bumper lip:

This is where we were marking the lower side of the bumper to find out how much space we have for the front grills and how we are planning to make the front bottom lip forward spoiler so that air will flow better into the radiator:

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 06-02-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few more. We only spent a few hours working but made a lot of progress. I'm really happy with this foam and the way it is looking so far. Many thanks to Crazydragn for his help, encouragement, excitement, ideas, and financial support. Without him, this would still be a photoshop dream.

This shows our "test hole" that we cut to find the bottom of the crash bar. We didn't think to mark it before it was covered with foam. Then we did a test chin spoiler. These things will be "pushed back" to the planned positions and will not remain where they are now.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Here is another shot with a tweak to the chin spoiler. This is how I want mine. All blended in and body color.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 06-03-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a big fan of the style you are going for, but i absolutely love watching the process and the creativity on display.

I wish you guys nothing but the best in reaching the design you seek.

It looks like you are on the right track.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-03-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Not a big fan of the style you are going for, but i absolutely love watching the process and the creativity on display.

I wish you guys nothing but the best in reaching the design you seek.

It looks like you are on the right track.

I'm glad you're watching! Many sets of eyes help develop a good product. You might point something out to us that we never thought of! We can always use more objectivity, especially since we are starting to gush over this thing!
------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 06-03-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for sharing the process. Please take lots of photos along the way. I have been wanting to see how someone creates a new fiberglass part in this fashion!

I think the front end will be a very cool one-off! But you may want to consider incorporating the same feel & style into the rear as well in some form or fashion to unify it all together.

Please keep posting!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Thank you for sharing the process. Please take lots of photos along the way. I have been wanting to see how someone creates a new fiberglass part in this fashion!

I think the front end will be a very cool one-off! But you may want to consider incorporating the same feel & style into the rear as well in some form or fashion to unify it all together.

Please keep posting!

I have plans for the rear also. I want to do a "shorty" fastback. No plans for a rear bumper mod at this time.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock