Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44264 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
iGTO - Fiero GTO. The muscle car look to compliment your engine swap. Pontiac Excitement the way it was meant to be.

A video? Nahh. It was a bad idea. I don't think anybody wants it.

J

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 08-31-2013).]

IP: Logged
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

looks like we have one chiming in....

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 09-01-2013).]

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i wanna see the video
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a few hours on the bumper today. Still tweaking it. Maybe I'll shoot a video tomorrow.

Jonathan
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I spent a few hours on the bumper today. Still tweaking it. Maybe I'll shoot a video tomorrow.

Jonathan

It's " Tomorrow " ........Where's the video?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is all the other people chiming in wanting to see it................

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shot a three minute video.

I need a volunteer.

Whoever has an iPhone and the ability to post videos on YouTube, PM me. I will send it to your phone as a "text" message. You will get the first sneak peak of the video and then you can post it for everyone to see.

Go!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

Jonathan
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys are doing a great on job on this bumper! I personally think it would look a little better if the air dam went a little lower and scooped out more towards the front. Also the sides of the dam should come out a little wider or have a small flare outwards and match the fender wheel lip line spacing. But that is just my .00000002 cents worth and doesnt mean much! lol. keep up the great work!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks real good guys....
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

you guys are doing a great on job on this bumper! I personally think it would look a little better if the air dam went a little lower and scooped out more towards the front. Also the sides of the dam should come out a little wider or have a small flare outwards and match the fender wheel lip line spacing. But that is just my .00000002 cents worth and doesnt mean much! lol. keep up the great work!

KOS,

The bumper actually DOES extend a little lower. It is difficult to see because the car is on jack stands. Here is a horizontal view of the project seen over the hood of my GT. The GT is not lowered.

Comparison from the front:

The front stock suspension is completely extended and the tire is still several inches off the concrete.

Compare these next two shots. The sides of the spoiler are tucked in to resemble the factory Formula bumper. We tried to extend the body lines and contours from the side of the car to the front bumper. We thought it best to ignore the shape of the rocker panels.

This isn't a great shot but you can see the factory air dam on the Formula bumper does not extend to the outter edges of the sides.

This is a shot of a rough measurement of the height of the Formula bumper.

Compared to a shot of a rough measurement of the iGTO bumper:

So, I think we did get a bit closer to what you were wanting. This bumper will hang lower but hopefully not so low as to interfere with a lowered car. If that does become the case, the lower edge of the spoiler could be trimmed by the owner to a clearance height of choice. These pics also help make the case for our stated intention to attempt to make this bumper unique AND have a factory appearance at the same time.
------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-03-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just.. woo I do want. Told my girl today I'm going to start setting money aside for one. Lol
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ribbed point reproductions. I used semi gloss instead of matte paint by accident. Anyway, you get the idea:

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Ribbed point reproductions. I used semi gloss instead of matte paint by accident. Anyway, you get the idea:

You are the most awesome person in the world!!!!!

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those pieces really look great! I don't know how they could be any better! Looks like you have a thread to start in the Mall!

Thanks for working with us on this project! Your efforts have made our product even more appealing!

Jonathan
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I originally made a mold just to make a long 12" straight piece of ribbed molding. I them cut it into 2 pieces, the proper length, and cut the ends at the proper angles. Here is one of the molding pieces in red oxide. I still need to clean up the edges, polish it, and make a new mold just for the final pieces:

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will these make a gt nose fit a regular notchback?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cannot see any of the pictures you guys have placed on here. It just shows up as little red "X"'s. No I do not have parental control on this laptop on. Hmmmm

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

will these make a gt nose fit a regular notchback?

If your notchback has ribbed moulding, you will be able to use these on your Aero front bumper so everything matches.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates and eta to bumper being ready?
PFF
System Bot
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumper looks great! After you are done with it will you make some custom vmax body parts.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depending on John's class schedule next week, I would like to hit it again sometime next week for some final touches

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashmydaytona:

Bumper looks great! After you are done with it will you make some custom vmax body parts.

I sold my Max last year in order to buy my GT. I needed a car to carry tools and books to school. Next year, I'd like to buy a Transalp.

Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by coady:

any updates and eta to bumper being ready?

We are looking, learning, and shopping for grill materials and processes. I'm also taking three classes this semester that I hope will give me some additional knowledge. Quality inspection, blueprints, and pattern development. Can't hurt, right?

We are also talking about a new business that should be well received by many members. I hope to unveil it within the next two weeks.

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna meet this Wednseday, possibly put some final touches on.

Using Bondo then sanding for smoothness, then Gel coat, then start making the mould.

We should start seeing how many people want one about now, start sounding off so we will know how many moulds we should make
per each mould only produces about 50 to 80 products before needing to be re moulded.

We can put names of members wanting of the first page.....this is not ready to buy yet - just posting names of members who want it.

------------------

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in as long as the price that you mentioned a while ago hasn't changed to much.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was the price? Couldn't find it....
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still interested.
PFF
System Bot
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id really like to see this nose be done to a 3rd gen firebird. I think it would look badass!
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just stumbled across this thread and saw what you are doing with the GTO style nose, Its amazing! Do you think that you will be producing them for sale or just for your own car? I really like the way it looks and would certainly like to by it for my own car.

If you start a buyers list, put me on it....I'm all in !!!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, thanks for the interest and the comments. Glad you're watching.

The plan is to reproduce them for sale at some point. Unfortunately, it seems like every time we gain momentum on this project, something comes up that takes up all of our time. Jason has work and he teaches martial arts several times a week. I have a crazy school schedule this semester with classes morning, afternoon, and night at three different campuses. On top of the regular stuff, one of Jason's kids got married recently and he had a break in at his house. My engine in my daily driver GT just quit on me last week so I'm in the middle of an engine swap. If that wasn't enough, my wife's grandfather passed away yesterday!

Not sure when we'll get our hands back on the bumper but we'll post pics and updates when we do. For those of you who want to get on the buyer's list or want pricing information, PM Crazydragn for details. I think he's going to set up a dedicated PayPal account for the bumper business.

Jonathan
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boost... You guys have your hands full. We understand "LIFE" comes before toys and hobbies. Take care of business first. We will follow up when your on the grindstone again. Good luck bro.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting paypal account set up today. Looking at finals touches and getting into mould.

As Jonathon stated, someone broke into my shop at my house and stole ALL my tools - punks......Wait till I catch ya.......they really didn't know who they were taking from evidently.
Anyway, I need to get together a list of those who want a bumper:

If wanting to purchase one, state so here and I will put you on the list.

The list will go on page 1 on the Mall Section of the forum.
Here: iGTO BUMPER SALE

No payments excepted yet but we will allow for down payments soon...........We may be talking about a pay as you go account too (more to come)

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 10-03-2013).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by NetCam:

What was the price? Couldn't find it....

look at the iGTO BUMPER SALE at the mall

------------------

Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The idea of this was simply to mimic the 68 69 GTO / JUDGE if I read the thread correctly.

I will add my 2 cents and to keep it pure build it just like the GTO with GTO inserts and not try to incorporate anything Firebird. I owned a 68 and a couple of TransAm's so no offense to the Bird guys as I am still a super fan. When you are going down the road you are going to be snapping peoples necks as they look as you go buy. THIS WILL BE A MAJOR HEAD TURNER!

NOW IF YOU CAN BUILD A GREAT HIDE-A-WAY SYSTEM I WILL BUY THE ADD ON.

The truth is if it had the CUDA insert I wouldn't buy it.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Banshee:

The idea of this was simply to mimic the 68 69 GTO / JUDGE if I read the thread correctly.

I will add my 2 cents and to keep it pure build it just like the GTO with GTO inserts and not try to incorporate anything Firebird. I owned a 68 and a couple of TransAm's so no offense to the Bird guys as I am still a super fan. When you are going down the road you are going to be snapping peoples necks as they look as you go buy. THIS WILL BE A MAJOR HEAD TURNER!

NOW IF YOU CAN BUILD A GREAT HIDE-A-WAY SYSTEM I WILL BUY THE ADD ON.

The truth is if it had the CUDA insert I wouldn't buy it.

The idea was to make something different, retro, "muscle car", and Pontiac looking. The 68-9 GTO was one of the main inspirations that contributed to the design. Our bumper isn't meant to be an exact copy of any one car's bumper. We wanted to incorporate the wide, vertically narrow, aggressive styling that was found on many of the cars of the late 60's and early 70's. That list includes but is not limited to the GTO, Dodge Challenger and Charger, Ford Mustang, Mercury Cougar, Plymouth Barracuda and many more.

Our bumper isn't a copy because when you make a copy of one part and put it on another car, they don't usually work as well. Too many people have let themselves be limited by measurements, etc of original parts while trying to make something similar for a different car. For instance, we might have made our grill openings the exact size and shape to allow the use of some original GTO grill parts. While that sounds good in marketing, it doesn't always translate into a pleasing design when you have different lines to think about on your car. We basically did an old school tribute bumper that looks like something from the muscle car era. It looks retro and it looks like a Pontiac design while at the same time looking good on a 80's car that is still using all of its other pre-existing body panels. Adding this bumper can be a single-step body mod. No other pieces need to be changed to make it look "right".

As far as a hide-away headlight system, we won't be trying to do that with conventional sealed beam headlights. That would require cutting up the metal bumper bar. If anyone wants to make those modifications to their car we would love to see what you come up with but we won't be responsible for that. However, we are looking at different options for grill inserts. One of the things we are looking at is the possibliity of an LED system that is either true hide-away with a swing-away door or a back-lit panel that will mimic headlights behind a see-through panel.

As for the 'Cuda grill, that is just one of many possibilities that we may create and offer or that someone could do on their own to make a more personal statement with their cars. It is all a matter of preference and personal taste. To each his own!

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 10-13-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock