Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44267 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will keep her in our family's prayers. Please pass our best to her!
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You both are in my thoughts & prayers!
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
prayers of healing going out to your family my friend.....
mcguiver3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We wish her good luck and a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted on her condition

Bob
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:
Praise GOD!! there are no signs of heart attack or heart desease. Heart cath went well.

We go Monday to have Gallbladder looked at, for it is enlarged and may be the culprit.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

UPDATE:
Praise GOD!! there are no signs of heart attack or heart desease. Heart cath went well.

We go Monday to have Gallbladder looked at, for it is enlarged and may be the culprit.

That's good to hear.

Joe
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news,
Hope all continues to go well
prayers do help

Bob
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news indeed. You are also in my prayers.

Nolan
CaptDale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDaleSend a Private Message to CaptDaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear she is doing better. I hope everything goes well. I love your thread.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE:

Wow. Sorry to hear about this. Glad it's not what ya'll originally thought. Will add to the prayer list, 'Dragn.

Hopefully soon I'll bring the family down and over for a weekend visit to see the project........oh, and to visit Jonathan and yourself too of course .

Paul
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Hopefully soon I'll bring the family down and over for a weekend visit to see the project........oh, and to visit Jonathan and yourself too of course .

Paul

Paul, you are welcome here any time! Just let us know when to expect you. The iGTO bumper may be officially on hold for a little bit while Jason is taking care of his family but I'd be happy to show you our work. I didn't want to upset Jason by working on it in his absense but he's assured me that that will never be an issue. I may get out there and work on it a little bit more in a day or two. I know you guys want to see some progress and we have set a deadline goal for ourselves to push toward.

By the way, this is an OFFICIAL open invitation to any member who finds himself in this area and wants to come by. We'll look at the bumper then sit on the deck drinking a cold Coke and talk Fieros!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

Went in monday for check on gallbladder and now have another scan set up for friday morning at 9am.

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did more work on the nose today, can't wait till jon posts the pics up!!

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason and I got together today for another work session. We did some minor shaping and then covered most of the foam with mud. This is also sandable so we are still far from finished. We had some low spots in the foam so this was used to level those areas. It will also harden so it will provide some protection to the foam. I've been worried about it since it is for the most part out in the open. You just can't tell when a basketball might take an ugly bounce against it or a dog leash might get rubbed down the side. You just never know what MIGHT happen so this will give us some peace of mind.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now it just needs some black honeycomb inserts.
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lookin good
what do you think is a realistic time that you will pull the first complete one out and have it ready to mount? 6 months? a year?
just wondering as i have a few other expensive purchases to make but want to keep some cash freed up for this.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were pushing for September but I think end of October is more realistic.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and do you have a ball park figure for price?
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

We were pushing for September but I think end of October is more realistic.

That's AWESOME.....About the same time my new Center Console Skeleton's will be done..

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were discussing the question about price. I think that is still up in the air due to the need of knowing how people would like one made. Let's see how people want one before we make a price, so now is your time to speak up or get your friends involved.
Make your voice known, the more people speak up = the lower the price.

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 07-13-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are still variables to work out and they will have costs associated with them. The grills alone can have a number of different features. There is also the matter of how to address the different beltline mouldings. Then we will have to see how many pieces the master mold will have to be divided into, etc.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

There are still variables to work out and they will have costs associated with them. The grills alone can have a number of different features. There is also the matter of how to address the different beltline mouldings. Then we will have to see how many pieces the master mold will have to be divided into, etc.

Absolutely.

Start Sounding off

------------------

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was considering the F355 nose until I saw this. I'd buy yours for the same price and quality.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nose is looking great guys!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI, the body putty isn't very durable either. Even after it dries, you can gouge it with your fingernail. So you should still be very careful around it. It will also absorb water. So keeping it dry is important.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I was considering the F355 nose until I saw this. I'd buy yours for the same price and quality.

That says a lot! Thank you for your interest and support! The level of quality we are shooting for will set the bar. Can we accomplish that? Only time will tell but just be assured that it is a HUGE consideration for us.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ang84Indy:

The nose is looking great guys!

Keep the encouragement coming! It really does help!

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Just FYI, the body putty isn't very durable either. Even after it dries, you can gouge it with your fingernail. So you should still be very careful around it. It will also absorb water. So keeping it dry is important.

Thanks for the tip!

The season change is working for us in this respect. It has been a very wet spring and hopefully we'll see some dryer weather soon. Also this is a transition step so hopefully we will be able to get to the fiberglass step soon and eliminate all moisture concerns.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not bondo or gel coat. : :

------------------

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gel coat won't absorb moisture, but Bondo putty will.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gel coat won't absorb moisture, but Bondo putty will.

All we are doing currently at the moment is flatening out all the surfaces so that when we start applying all the chemicals and fiberglass, we will be able to pull off a mould that we can make multiple copies of.

We are off to a great start getting all the measurements almost done in all, but we still have a ways to go.

The main thing now is that we are looking into plexan and joint fiberglas for the grill with multiple options...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep it up!! looks great!!!! have changed the direction i was going with my project to better suit your nose so DO NOT give up on it. LOL
But on a more important note how is your wife feeling now?
coady
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

keep it up!! looks great!!!! have changed the direction i was going with my project to better suit your nose so DO NOT give up on it. LOL
But on a more important note how is your wife feeling now?
coady

She feels the same right now, however she is very grumpy. Going to have gallbladder surgery on July 30th and have it removed. Maybe things will get back to normal (I hope).
Thanks for asking Coady

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 07-18-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tell her not to worry i had my galbladder out last year and was back to work the next day
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

coady

934 posts
Member since Aug 2012

shave that goatee down a bit and from that angle we could be twins or at least closely related.......
all i can say is what a good looking man...lol
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not my style but you guys are doing great work.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

Not my style but you guys are doing great work.

Thanks for the comps

------------------

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All we are doing currently at the moment is flatening out all the surfaces so that when we start applying all the chemicals and fiberglass, we will be able to pull off a mould that we can make multiple copies of.

We are off to a great start getting all the measurements almost done in all, but we still have a ways to go.

The main thing now is that we are looking into plexan and joint fiberglas for the grill with multiple options...

That's cool. I'm not trying to poo-poo your project or anything, just offering advice.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been thinking about the design and these two photoshops since the last time we worked on the bumper. I'm not satisfied with the top "horizontal" surface in the middle, just above where it comes to a point on the front. On the yellow car it is just too flat. That's the way the bumper is looking now.

I think it is time for an eleventh-hour change and add more of an upward pointing point in that area and blend it down to the front. I don't know if that makes any sense but I promise it will make it better.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 07-20-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what would be a nice addition to this bumper?
A Pontiac emblem shaped sidemarker like on the old GTO's.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock