Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44275 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

updates?

Gotta follow this thread for a while longer:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130334.html

EDIT:
And now this one:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130689.html

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 10-30-2013).]

IP: Logged
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya lost me?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ya lost me?

Not that I know of!

Jonathan
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he means the bumper project is on hold til the engine project is complete
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jonathon just got his engine in, so things should start back on track.....

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

iGTO BUMPER SALE

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I have looking at for a while when coming up with a design for the bumper.
It is really looking good and can't wait to reveal it.

Bumper Grill Idea Page

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

would you have a thicker bar in the middle and use several rods like the picture? if so then im all for it...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm about to get my engine swap squared away. I have two problems to work out and hopefully, I've found the solutions to both and the car will be 100% very soon. I have gotten behind in my school work a little. Nothing late yet but I need to devote some time to getting that stuff caught up. If all goes well, I might be able to find a few hours this weekend to spend on the bumper. Right now, Jason and I are planning to get together on Monday morning to try to breathe some life back into this slowly dying project. That means we should have updated pics VERY soon!

Jonathan
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
Right now, Jason and I are planning to get together on Monday morning to try to breathe some life back into this slowly dying project.

geeze I wouldn't say dying makes it sound like ya lost all interest and we should start looking else where for our specialty bumper.
I know you guys will get back on track when you catch up with life...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, LOL. Jason is going to borrow the crash cart from the hospital and we're gonna SHOCK it back to life! Haha. It is amazing how quickly things change. The Formula was sitting in a nice, clean, and organized half of my carport. Now the hood is up, there is stuff piled over the rear, and the car is surrounded by tools, jacks, hoists, jack stands, piles of oil dry, etc. we're gonna have to start with some serious housekeeping before any sculpting gets done!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, LOL. Jason is going to borrow the crash cart from the hospital and we're gonna SHOCK it back to life! Haha.
Jonathan

YEP!!, YOU get an AED and YOU call 911 cause we are going to get it FIRED back UP!!!

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to hear
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason came over Monday and we got back on track. We reviewed what we were happy with and discussed what path to take on the rest. We spent a few hours on the lower half of the bumper. The sides are completed as far as this phase of development but the lower front still needs attention. We spent our time filling low spots and sanding high spots. We did some contour shaping on one side and we worked on making the "scoop" straight, level, and even. The air inlets to the radiator are getting a makeover also. So, as you can tell, we had a very productive session and we got a bunch done. I think we both got our enthusiasm re-kindled as well. We are planning our next session on Saturday and we should have pics worth posting next time.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 10-29-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just posted a link to my video on Facebook's Fiero page.

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to get some of the "thought" pics of the grill up, but I'm not posting the actual pics yet.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got together today for a session. We started a new phase today. We applied our first layer of Bondo! When it sets up, we can sand it smooth, fill in if necessarry, repeat. This is our final step in shape development. After we are satisfied with the Bondo work, we'll be ready to gelcoat and finally fiberglass!

While the Bondo doesn't look pretty at this point, I do have some sneak pics for you! We began work on a solid aluminum prototype grill insert! This is only one of our many ideas for grills and let me tell you, if we offer this option to the public, it won't be cheap. So far it has been very labor intensive and we were trying to rush it together! In these pics, the grill is NOT ASSEMBLED. The bars and spacers are only cut and stacked to give us and you an idea of what a final product will look like. Naturally, a completed grill will be uniform in appearance and the vertical parts will be properly aligned. This is just a sneak peak for feedback.

So tell us, what do you think?

Jonathan
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy Sh*t Batman...

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 11-04-2013).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are going to work some more on this and some of the finishing touches for gel caots and the forming the mould on thursday and friday.
More pics of completed grill coming up soon too.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you had a chance to figure the new increased cost with the grill... will make a big difference in if i can afford to stay in this dance or fade away.
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

have you had a chance to figure the new increased cost with the grill....

Well the cost of materials so far in THIS grill (the aluminum one) is around $45 per side. This does not include the labor of making them and putting them together for this is very labor intensive.
The good part is that this grill is an "option" and is not included in the bumper itself but may be able to be purchased however we have not come up with a fair price on this one yet.
There are other plenty of other prefabricated universal grill options out there which can be used and can be applied by anyone that knows how to turn a screw driver, those we may show a little later on after the fabrication of the grill we are currently working on.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so here i cut the rods and lined up some of the 5/8" spacers and added some primer after I placed tape on the front side so I wouldnt get paint on it before buffing.

This is after i painted the grill and took off the tape, i had not buffed it yet

This is after I buffed the edges

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would totally put that on my car!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually going to put this on my ferrari it car front bumper grill.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell yah !!! That is looking good and better then I thought it would on your first round. Keep it up !

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, on this photo we had not sanded the bondo on the front yet but just placed the grill on the front lip and added the turn signal so you can see that it is hidden but can be seen at the same time from the factory location. the bolts would actually not be seen for they would be in the bumper itself to hold in place. I personally think this is BadA..!

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 11-15-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AGREED...Might be asking you to do one for the front of my 308's opening...looks clean!
420ponies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, haven't been on the site for awhile.this is looking Great!! Are we getting close to a production of it? definitely looking at getting one of these when ready
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments, guys! Always good to get feedback, positive or negative, so we know we're moving in the right direction!

The grill is pretty much Jason's baby. His concept and work. I helped a little but this was mostly him. I think he did a great job and he may have begun a sideline business without even knowing it! PM him and let him know if he needs to start a new thread!

While he was working on the grill, I've been sculpting the radiator intakes and the lower half of the bumper. The lower half is very close to being done and the upper half and the sides are as done as we can get them. We're still not satisfied with the symetry. Both sides absolutely LOOK symetrical but it is hard to tell with a naked eye that is seeing both halves at the same time. To overcome this, I have sketched out a device that will allow us to pinpoint any point on the bumper and see if it matches the other side. I'll be collecting the building materials this week and hopefully weld it all together this weekend. Then we will have very close tolerances and a very high quality product as far as fit and mirror image. It will also help us to make each bumper exactly like the last. Even if the mould gets destroyed, we would be able to use the device to copy an original and start over.

Jonathan

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are all getting excited for it to be ready

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the photoshop! Looks cool!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the photoshop! Looks cool!

Jonathan

X2
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any side, corner shots?

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Got any side, corner shots?

Did you check out the video?

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more shots and a side shot, I re-arranged the grill a little

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for not so forgotten projects
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me, this is the last week of classes. Next week is finals. That weekend is my Christmas party and the following day I'll be pulling my engine out again! When that is done, I will be out of state for about a week. It doesn't sound like we will be able to do much more before New Years. After the 1st, I'll have about two weeks free before classes start again. Hopefully Jason's schedule will be open at that time also.

Jonathan
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well just make sure you take time to party a little
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock