Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44268 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now I'm trying to relocate my Martial arts school, I think I have a place. I had one and went to the guy to get started with first payment and he wasn't there. the next day he calls me to inform me that someone just walked in the morning that the phone call and paid to the place with a check.
Now, I'm out looking for another place and have about 9 days to find it and get a form of curency exchange.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

iGTO BUMPER SALE

IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Right now I'm trying to relocate my Martial arts school, I think I have a place. I had one and went to the guy to get started with first payment and he wasn't there. the next day he calls me to inform me that someone just walked in the morning that the phone call and paid to the place with a check.
Now, I'm out looking for another place and have about 9 days to find it and get a form of curency exchange.

Well how much does that suck?!!

I have an idea for our next project! I'll need a Jeep/Hummer style front bumper for my Fiero dune buggy. How cool would that be?

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I found a place for my school. This time I went ahead and bought it for the rest of the month out. Now it's just a moving of stuff things.
Should be moved in by this thursday night, ready for Friday night classes. yeah!!

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out this Plazma with the iGTO bumper! Now everyone will want a Plazma!

Photoshop courtesy of 85SEnochie

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 12-18-2013).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Check out this Plazma with the iGTO bumper! Now everyone will want a Plazma!

Photoshop courtesy of 85SEnochie

Jonathan

This looks real good
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wouldnt want to have to keep buying those rear tires $$$$$$
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofinatic84se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it, I definitely am interested, although, did you decide on inserts and what kind, I would be one without inserts, I'm planning on fabricating some out of plexiglass
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinatic84se:

Love it, I definitely am interested, although, did you decide on inserts and what kind, I would be one without inserts, I'm planning on fabricating some out of plexiglass

We do not have any particular grill insert design that will be our "basic" pieces included in the price of the kit. I have an idea for a plexiglass grill but I haven't moved forward on it at all. I haven't even done any drawings of it yet.

Jonathan

fierofinatic84se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about plexiglass or wire frame, or both, btw I'm new here, this was actually the project that inspired me to join
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinatic84se:

I was thinking about plexiglass or wire frame, or both, btw I'm new here, this was actually the project that inspired me to join

WOW!! That is a huge compliment! I appreciate it. I hope that when it is completed, you will think it was worthy of your interest.

As for an update, my GT is all back together and running without codes! School starts again in three days but I don't have classes Friday-Sunday or any evenings. Depending on what my homework load looks like, I should theoretically have some work time available. Jason is busy settling into his new business location. We'll be talking soon about when our free times might coincide. I doubt we'll do much until it warms up a bit anyway. My carport is open on three sides so there's no way to heat it. It is probably more important for the materials to be warm than it is for us. We have had to re-do lots of work because of uneven drying which caused big cracks. No sense in trying to work under those conditions. It would just be more wasted time.

Thanks for watching

Jonathan

Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a target date on when you may be offering these to the world. Couldn't find anything for a date you were shooting for.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Banshee:

Do you have a target date on when you may be offering these to the world. Couldn't find anything for a date you were shooting for.

We wanted them to be available before this past Christmas but that obviously didn't happen. There really isn't any way to project when we'll be done. We work on it when we both have spare time, at the same time. Life gets in the way.

Sorry, this is is more of a hobby build than a professional operation. We have limited funds, materials, tools, space, time, and talent. We ARE both still stoked about this project but again, life gets in the way.

Thanks for watching and being understanding!

Jonathan

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO APOLOGIES NEEDED!

All great products take time....look at anything AMIDA or EVM_Rob produces.

Amazing quality and workmanship, but don't expect the prototype to ready over night.

Anyone who has followed or read one of their threads...knows exactly what I am talking about.

Take your time and get exactly the way you want it!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-16-2014).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

NO APOLOGIES NEEDED!

All great products take time....look at anything AMIDA or EVM_Rob produces.

Amazing quality and workmanship, but don't expect the prototype to ready over night.

Anyone who has followed or read one of their threads...knows exactly what I am talking about.

Take your time and get exactly the way you want it!

Thank you for understanding.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what he said!!!!! take your time get it right and then release it to us as you intend it to be
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

what he said!!!!! take your time get it right and then release it to us as you intend it to be

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The semester is coming to an end! The days are getting warmer but it's time for that mad scramble to get everything completed and turned in. I thought I was going to do an engine swap in May but I've not gotten that call yet. The job I'm shooting for won't begin until June so we may be back on this project very shortly and May just might be very productive! I know CrazyDragn is "itching" to get covered in sanding dust again!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's no the sanding dust I'm worried about, it's the sticky resin from fiberglass

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are very close to the final procedure steps. just an update.

------------------

iGTO BUMPER SALE

timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

This is sick!!!!

Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still want to see pics of the real deal on a fiero before I add my name to the list. But once it is, I am good.
fierofinatic84se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, im waiting as well, im very excited to see what this product looks like on the car, super stoked, looks great though
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see this project is still generating interest! We will post new pics as soon as there is enough change to be worth showing.

Thanks for watching!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been almost 8 months since a picture of the prototype nose has been posted in this thread........
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4-day weekend starting Friday. Wanna get together, CrazyDragn?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

racingfortheson

377 posts
Member since Aug 2013
In all of the photoshop pics the middle fin is mounded into the bumper smooth. In the prototype it just kinda pops out from the front. Love the look, just with the way the middle just pops out of nowhere it looks kinda.... huh..... Lego-ish. Just my 2c.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

In all of the photoshop pics the middle fin is mounded into the bumper smooth. In the prototype it just kinda pops out from the front. Love the look, just with the way the middle just pops out of nowhere it looks kinda.... huh..... Lego-ish. Just my 2c.

I'm going for an older Pontiac look. Back in the day, the center popped out.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 07-20-2014).]

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I'm going for an older Pontiac look. Back in the day, the center popped out.

O ok, now I see what your saying. Well I'm sure like most everyone else on here I want to see it finished. So quit your job, stop working on everything else and get this done. LOL

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any recent pictures available?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Any recent pictures available?

Nothing to report. We just can't seem to get the weather and our schedules synchronized. Sorry everyone!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about posting a picture of how it currently looks so that people's interest will be piqued, and we won't have to dig through several pages to find a picture?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a big hail storm here. Baseball sized hail. Cracked the windshield in my DD GT. The iGTO is fine. I also just went back on five tens so my time and energy just got reduced.

CrazyDragn's custom fastback was recently broken into while waiting at a shop for an engine swap. I don't know the extent of the damage or loss.

We have both had very tight schedules that have been impossible to synchronize.

I will go out and take a few shots and post them today.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is looking AWESOME...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a sad day in the development of the iGTO bumper. CrazyDragn and I have both come to the conclusion that our personal lives will not allow us to complete this project at this time.

However, hope springs eternal because this car and all rights to our work and design is for sale! Someone please buy this car or at least the bumper portion and continue pumping life into this well-received concept!

Posted for sale in The Mall section:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070070.html

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-01-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock