Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34900 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Thanks to #13 @ CTHC2 is what made me realize I need to get a sunroof

@ D5 you would have witnessed the demonstration in person, hehe.

IP: Logged
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I heard back from my paint guy and he is working on finding the color I want for the car. I have also commissioned a special piece for use at show-n-shines. What could it be Well only time will tell...Centexindy if you remember you had better keep it to yourself
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you're keeping #013.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I took her out today and she ran great and got a lot of attention, here is a pic I took with a convertible!

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Well I took her out today and she ran great and got a lot of attention, here is a pic I took with a convertible!

Choptop is looking good .So is Rollands car! Did yawl have a meet today?

------------------
79 Corolla. ......K&N, polished alternator, high output powersteering pump,
lightweight floormats, NOS stickers, CSS stickers, matching seatcovers, 6in Tip,
racing tape on taillamp, and a personalized front plate Beyotches!!!!

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm glad you're keeping #013.

LOL, I'm not. I'd like to own it, but my PM never got a courtesy reply.
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

Choptop is looking good .So is Rollands car! Did yawl have a meet today?

//images.fiero.nl/pffimages3/Azrun1.jpg
Do WORK son, DO WORK!! That GT is baller.

------------------

'87 GT *Show winning* sold
'89 BMW 325I Zinnoberrot, 5-spd Stock
'96 BMW M3 Cosmos sold

[This message has been edited by SLAMMED87GT (edited 02-24-2008).]

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I heard back from my paint guy and he is working on finding the color I want for the car. I have also commissioned a special piece for use at show-n-shines. What could it be Well only time will tell...Centexindy if you remember you had better keep it to yourself

Please say its a hood with some special air brushing! I've been wanting to find someone local who can do "real flames" and do a Fiero emblem like so on a hood but no luck so far
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:
Please say its a hood with some special air brushing! I've been wanting to find someone local who can do "real flames" and do a Fiero emblem on a hood but no luck so far

It is funny that is exactly what I was going to do, and I have a guy locally that can do it. The only problem is I can't figure out how to make it look on the car the way it looks in my head. If you have any ideas I would love to hear from you, the problem I am having is vent on the hood shrinks the usable area.
This is not however the piece I am speaking of
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah I see your point. I have a hood without a vent and was planning on having it for the airbrush work (for car shows and what not) and a second hood with a vent for when its not doing shows. A possible idea to kick around for your hood would be the real flames coming from the vent and forming into the emblem possibly? With the vent it sort of disallows the possibility of a full hood image. I'd have to stare at it for a while and see if I could come up with any other ideas.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought about this idea some time ago and I think it would be cool to have the flames coming out your deck lid vent and out the side vent. IMO this is the logical place for the vent since our engine is in the back, right?

On the deck lid have the flames appearing to be blowing backwards toward the bow-tie wing. This will appear as if the car is moving foward. The same could be done on the Mad-Arch side vents with less of flames appearing to be blown backwards towards those meaty 345's.

I wouldn't over-kill the flames in either location and only in the true flame-like fashion. Those fake biker flames are cheapish.
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't over-kill the flames in either location and only in the true flame-like fashion. Those fake biker flames are cheapish.

That is the BIG key. Don't over do it and if you're gonna do it do it right with the "real flame" technique. Any chance you have some head on shots of the hood to get an idea of how much room is above the vent? Use it to kick around some ideas
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this guy's flame art looks pretty good.

http://www.angelfire.com/su...brush/Real_Fire.html

edit: he's in northern arizona.

[This message has been edited by 88White3.4GT (edited 02-24-2008).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the guy I am going to use as he did some work for me on my '55 Ford Truck.

http://www.shawnwilken.com/custom%20paint.htm

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:
... Any chance you have some head on shots of the hood to get an idea of how much room is above the vent? Use it to kick around some ideas

This is the closet thing I have to the pic you are asking for, I will try to take a head on shot from above tomorrow.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the guy I am going to use as he did some work for me on my '55 Ford Truck.

Must see pictures of said truck.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
Must see pictures of said truck.

I am in the final assembly of the truck, so I don't have pictures yet, but here is one of the tailgate he did.

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing... just wow. I'm honored to have had a very small part in the making of this spectacular car. I'm also very glad that it went to someone who has taken it so far. It truly is one of the top Fiero's out there now, something I had dreamed for it from the begining. I love everything that you've done to it.

On a humorous note, I still have, sitting in my garage, a mock up of a deck lid vent that looks near exactly like the one you put on. Excellent work there!

I told you once, a long time ago I would send you my full set of pics of this car. Well life got in the way and I never got around to it. My apologies. However I do still have them and I still have your address in my P.M.'s if it hasen't changed, I can get them sent out. Please let me know.

I'll see if I can dust off PIP and post an old school teaser or two.

Once again, truly fantastic!
Tyler

P.S. I hope you keep it black and I want to see pics of it painted!

P.S.S. Archie, you ever do anything with that crazy spoiler?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

P.S.S. Archie, you ever do anything with that crazy spoiler?

Not yet, it's still up in the loft.

Archie
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:
...Once again, truly fantastic!
Tyler

Tyler thanks for the kind words! It is always hard to look at something you started not knowing what the next yayhoo might do to it, so I am glad you like the direction I took the car in.

P.S. I hope you keep it black and I want to see pics of it painted!

I am getting more and more requests to keep the car black and if Tony paints his CTGT red then I just might.

PS #13 was choosen for the Fiero Deck of cards being made and it will be the King of Spades!

Tyler, yes please send what you have on the car, the address is still the same. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 04-07-2008).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I finally got my stock spindles powder coated and they are getting installed today!

I am also cleaning up a bit while I have things apart
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is how she sits right now before I adjust the coil overs...It is much easier to get it in my drive way with this wheel gap

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Please take additional pics using a Coke can for comparison.
kyp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coke pish u need to use a pepsi can. great work i only hope to have a car that looks 1/2 as good as yours. o and i think im stealin your rims i LOVE them.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, did the mailman arrive?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Leroy, did the mailman arrive?

Just got it about 5 minutes ago.
Thanks!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get around to lower the chopper? Pepsi can pics?

Edit: while you at it, before Pepsi can pics (I forgot to do this on mine).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-06-2008).]

BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to chime in and say I think this car is amazing!! Good job!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:
I just wanted to chime in and say I think this car is amazing!! Good job!

Thanks, if you make it to the 25th you might be able to take it for a drive.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, if you make it to the 25th you might be able to take it for a drive.

wow... im not even kidding... reading that sent tingles down to my feet

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:
wow... im not even kidding... reading that sent tingles down to my feet

Well it is nice that while I no longer have that effect on women my car still can
PFF
System Bot
Crazy Fiero Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Fiero KidClick Here to visit Crazy Fiero Kid's HomePageSend a Private Message to Crazy Fiero KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT-X, i'm diggin that wing man.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Crazy Fiero Kid:
GT-X, i'm diggin that wing man.

Thanks, but GT-X didn't do the wing...the hood is his though.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you get around to lower the chopper? Pepsi can pics?

Edit: while you at it, before Pepsi can pics (I forgot to do this on mine).

Lowered pics
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lowered pics

Don't have the lowered pic's yet, but here are the Coke can pics you asked for:

Before

After

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leroy, you have a PM.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After

Sweet. Thanks Leroy for visuals; it gives me a reference point for #020. I need to get #020 to the height of the "Coke" can.

How much lower are you going to drop #013?

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet. Thanks Leroy for visuals; it gives me a reference point for #020. I need to get #020 to the height of the "Coke" can.
How much lower are you going to drop #013?

I am planning on dropping it to the height of the coke can and see how she handles in the corners.
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always use the neighbor's cat Fluffy.

He's about curb size
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:
I always use the neighbor's cat Fluffy.
He's about curb size

So is an Armadillo! See the crack over the cat's head? That is what an Armadillo did doing about 75 on a Kansas Turnpike.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock