Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34947 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Yes, I decided to go with cameras for my side view mirrors after checking out some cars with Curley at SEMA. I am interested in any opinons or ideas to make this mod flow. This will complete the shaved look I was trying to accomplish.

If I may suggest, why not make the part similar to the concept Camero? Instead of leaving them as-is why not continue the gradual slope (north to south), but less. Then pull outward (aggressively) from the car to make the area appear as though it's a mirror, but smaller? In this way, it fulls the general public into believing it's a actual mirror and too maybe less noticable to law enforcement. Otherwise, it's a nice design you have.
IP: Logged
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My suggestion would be to put the cameras in the spoiler end caps! The ones on the rear edge of the car. Then you can smooth out the side mirror areas for the TOTAL smoothed out look

Oh and Curly, forward that monitor link to Leroy please. It could look better than the monitor on the dash.

Just fly on down and you can ride with me no car needed ...but wanted!! lol
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I decided to go with cameras for my side view mirrors after checking out some cars with Curley at SEMA.

That's one of those things that looks really good on show cars, but in real life I know I wouldn't like it very much.

Cameras have improved a lot in the last 100 years, but they haven't designed one yet that even comes close to the human eye in terms of light sensitivity, resolution, and not to mention being able to see in 3 dimensions.

In other words that camera is not going to show you anywhere near as much information as looking at a simple piece of glass. I don't know the laws in AZ either, but I don't think we could get away with that here in Texas.

But as I said it will look cool and definitely be an attention getter.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more pics showing the whole car...Thanks for the input and suggestions, I carved this while watching sports center so I know it can be better

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a shot I took from the balcony that I thought looked kinda cool...

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first glance, I thought you painted it!
That looks better everytime I see it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taz that picture from above is SWEEEEET !!

Personally i like the mirrors better, but the smooth look also does look really good and it does give your car a uniqueness no other choptop has ! Go for it !
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, here's one vote for the cameras. I put countless hours into making a pair of custom billet mirrors, then decided to compare my work to some of the top show cars just for kicks. Not one of them had mirrors!!! I looked through hundreds of pics and couldn't find one with them. I am talking million-dollar plus cars, built by the nation's top builders for millionaires. One of the owners told me that his builder hates mirrors and pretty much refuses to put them on a top car he builds. He said they looked at every conceivable option and eventually decided - no mirrors.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:
At first glance, I thought you painted it!

It is funny because I did not notice that until I moved the picture to my computer, then I thought the same thing.

Thanks for the comments guys, it is good to get differing opinions since so many people on PFF have varied backgrounds and experiences. I will still probably do what I like best but I do value and consider all input that is given, and it helps shape the final product even if just a bit.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its wet! It looks real sharp glossy black!

Are the cameras supposed to be mounted on the same spot as the mirrors? Mirrorless looks so sleek.
PFF
System Bot
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My opinion...
That car needs to be in my driveway instead of yours.lol.

I think the camera option is cool...but I have to agree with Jonathan that in a real world situation...I'd rather have conventional mirrors.

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:
Are the cameras supposed to be mounted on the same spot as the mirrors? Mirrorless looks so sleek.

No, they will be mounted in that ugly triangle area between the A-piller and the top of the door, that way the cameras won't get shock abuse from the door closing. The mirror mounting holes will get glassed over.

Originally posted by dcfox:
I think the camera option is cool...but I have to agree with Jonathan that in a real world situation...I'd rather have conventional mirrors.

I quit living in the real world a long time ago
I am going to put the cameras in and try them driving around before I glass over the mirror mounting holes...just in case.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to installing the shift knob that Carver1 made for me..

I still have to adjust it so the star faces to both sides when tightened
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Glad I could have a small part in it. Let me know if you need anything else.

------------------
86 SE 4 Speed 2.8 "The Short Bus"

88 Coupe 4.9 "Hibernating"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spring bump!

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to business debts that I personally guarnteed...

My car will be up for sale in the next few weeks...I will go ebay if no one hear wants it for what I need.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be hard to get a fair price on a project like this, even during good times...I'd sooner keep mine as an oversized paperweight rather than be ripped off selling it. Then again, if I knew it was going to a fellow fiero enthusiast, maybe it wouldn't sting so much.

Anyway, I hope you find a way out of it! Good luck!
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My car will be up for sale in the next few weeks...I will go ebay if no one hear wants it for what I need.

Don't do it! I almost did the same thing with mine. keep it. it does not cost you anything to keep it and you will not get enough to justify the regret you will have for doing it.
Things are tough everywhere and I understand what you are going threw. keep the dream alive.
it will get better.
just my thoughts!
Good luck!
Dean

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
Don't do it!
Good luck!
Dean

I know I will regret it, but I have no choice, all options have been exhausted and when it comes down to it you are only as good as your word. So better a man of my word with no car...at least in my view

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 04-06-2009).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am posting the car in the mall in the morning... It will be posted for $18K for one week and then if it has not sold it will go to e-bay
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am posting the car in the mall in the morning... It will be posted for $18K for one week and then if it has not sold it will go to e-bay

I truely hate the fact that your selling the car, but business is business. I hope #013 finds a choptop home.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man.

Brad
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s a shame you have to sell such a nice car. Good luck, hope it finds a nice home soon.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any news? I hope things turned around.

Memories:

Here are a couple at the gas station on the way out of town...BTW I averaged 27 mpg on the round trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff

Hang in there buddy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-25-2009).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man you guys can eat alot!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Man you guys can eat alot!

Yeah, we sure do. Leroy (at the Dells 2006 or 07 show) treated seven or eight people to dinner upstairs. That meal was over $500 bucks. You should've seen the loads of food the waiter bought to the table.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yeah, we sure do. Leroy (at the Dells 2006 or 07 show) treated seven or eight people to dinner upstairs. That meal was over $500 bucks. You should've seen the loads of food the waiter bought to the table.

And it goes down very well when you're dining with friends.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 04-25-2009).]

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would seriously considering buying the car if it could be made legal in CA. Seriously. I have a good amount of cash, and would have already offered... but I live in San Diego.

Whats the price 15K-20K and could it be smogged and certed in CA.
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkpearl:
I would seriously considering buying the car if it could be made legal in CA. Seriously. I have a good amount of cash, and would have already offered... but I live in San Diego.
Whats the price 15K-20K and could it be smogged and certed in CA.

From my discussions with Curley I do not believe that this engine/trans combo could be certed in CA.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are loopholes. I have a friend who lives in Pomona, CA. He rents a PO Box in Phoenix, AZ so he can "Title" his barely street legal Mustang there. I'm not sure of all of the details, but I know he has been driving that car in California for 2 years now. I'll give him a call and see if I can find out more.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did anybody here on the forum snatch this car up ?

Anybody know what happened with the sale on ebay ???
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:
Did anybody here on the forum snatch this car up ?

Anybody know what happened with the sale on ebay ???

Never mind, i see it sold. 14 K ! Man somebody got a steal !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&_trksid=p2762.l1259
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure about the e-bay acution. Ya someone got a good deal but I think they piad $2000 more than they could have. The car started of at $12,000 no reserve. There was only 1 bidder and he bid $14,000 a few days before the acution ended.........he could have bid $12,000 and won it.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Never mind, i see it sold. 14 K ! Man somebody got a steal !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&_trksid=p2762.l1259

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I'm not sure about the e-bay acution. Ya someone got a good deal but I think they piad $2000 more than they could have. The car started of at $12,000 no reserve. There was only 1 bidder and he bid $14,000 a few days before the acution ended.........he could have bid $12,000 and won it.

I thought that was odd as well. I am glad he got an extra $2k out of the auction though. Hopefully that will help ease the pain of selling!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for pics
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have the car...but I will always have the memories

Good friends were made and great cars were built, glad to see everyone is continuing on. I hope to be back some day when things straighten out
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have the car...but I will always have the memories

Good friends were made and great cars were built, glad to see everyone is continuing on. I hope to be back some day when things straighten out

Taz good to see you are still around ! You will always be considered one of the super friends (hehehe), keep your head up.

You will be back !!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock