Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34900 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I was not sure how it would look, but once I got it off the camara I liked it.
IP: Logged
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I recieved the stock spindles from Archie when I got back from the California Coast Run. I did not have time to install them as I left for Austin TX two days after I got back in town. I should be back the 19th and will look at putting them on then. I did just read a thread about air bags which I find intrigueing...???
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2007 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, did you purchase the special rim cleaner and polish? The longer you wait, the harder it will be to clean those puppies.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Would love to see it in person when you have a chance.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hey Leroy, did you purchase the special rim cleaner and polish? The longer you wait, the harder it will be to clean those puppies.

No because I have not been back in town long enough. I plan on doing it next week when I get back next week.

Originally posted by GT86:
Very nice! Would love to see it in person when you have a chance.

Well I will be polishing wheels for a couple of days next week if you want to come over
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost not looking forward to seeing this car get painted.
That flat black looks so sinister.If it were mine I'd be half tempted to have the wheel centers painted the matching flat black,and just leave it that way.
I'm kinda strange like that though.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is not that crazy because I have thought about doing a nice flat black paint job also I will probably end up painting it bright red, but you never know...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

It is not that crazy because I have thought about doing a nice flat black paint job also I will probably end up painting it bright red, but you never know...

Gotta be Red. It looks cool in Black but black is so hard to get good pictures of.

Red

Archie
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
either a good red, glossy black, or a deep blue
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. I think the color "black" is normally associated with "death" and not the color red or any other color IMO. Besides, #013 is called "Blackdeath."
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it will always be #13, but "Blackdeath" was GT-X's name for the car. I have not decided what I want to name the car, I even thought about starting one of those often ridiculed "what should I name my car threads". Only the future will tell...
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just PAINT IT !!!!!
still red huh....

How about calling it the BBQ sauce mobile????
or
MO' better!

lol I could go on forever Leroy
Need a name? just ask me......haha
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on a special project that was inspired by Centexindy at the Red River Ruckus...I will hopefully get it done before christmas as a present to my car.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are so many red fieros...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

There are so many red fieros...

But not one Red GT Chopper.
StoicMe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StoicMeSend a Private Message to StoicMeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz, you have a PM.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it is going to be red! The only decision now is which red??? I have a couple in mind but am open to suggestions.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FordGT Red or go with the original Pontiac Fiero Red
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ford_gt.asp
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop #4 is eventually going to be red also.

I am going with torch red as seen on this show winning GT below.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is about the color I was thinking of doing also, here is a pic:
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Choptop #4 is eventually going to be red also.

Also?? There has yet to be a fastback red choptop, homebrewed, Archie, or otherwise. The curse of the red car? Maybe chopped and Red would be over the top?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Also?? There has yet to be a fastback red choptop, homebrewed, Archie, or otherwise. The curse of the red car? Maybe chopped and Red would be over the top?

I was saying also in reference to Taz possibly doing it first.

BTW Taz, got any new pictures of your beauty ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-27-2008).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a red notchie chop that Archie did a couple of years ago ( a red version of the Stinger ) and there is a home brew chop notchie here in Wisconsin, but no fastbacks.......

Who's first?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I was saying also in reference to Taz possibly doing it first.

Yeah, I figured that out after the fact... Taz is on the fence, Tony, you might still be the first Fastback Red Choptop.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He might be the first Red ChopTop fastback but mine will be the first Red ChopTop "true" fastback ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahah. Converting doesn't count! LOL

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

He might be the first Red ChopTop fastback but mine will be the first Red ChopTop "true" fastback ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahah. Converting doesn't count! LOL

I disagree...my car started life as a coupe and now it's been converted to a fastback. As long as you use original parts and not that horrible PISA kit or some other method it counts.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remembering the "good times" how soon we forget. A different shade of red, hehe.

A group shot.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish my chop top had a sun roof
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish my chop top had a sun roof

Thanks to #13 @ CTHC2 is what made me realize I need to get a sunroof

Thx

Now the good thing is you can go with a wide range of after market ones...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-28-2008).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have a factory sunroof on my '86 parts car but I don't feel good about cutting up my roof.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I have a factory sunroof on my '86 parts car but I don't feel good about cutting up my roof.

There's no cutting involved. Just remove the sunroof skin from the donor and put it on your car. The hardest part is peeling the old roof off with all that black gunk on there. If you do it in the summer in the hot Arizona sun it might be easier.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll also need to modify the outer skin's A pillers since you have a choptop. Otherwise you'll have the dip in the middle.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-29-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True, the donor skin will need to be trimmed a bit and the A pillars reshaped, but that's pretty easy. The point is that all Fiero space frames have the hole for the sunroof you don't have to cut the hole. You will also need a new headliner. Still I think it's worth it.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No new pics of the car but I was cleaning my wheels...

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the guy in canada who did the real low chop had his in red.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No new pics of the car but I was cleaning my wheels...

How long did it take you to clean each rim? Are you buffed now, hehe.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
How long did it take you to clean each rim? Are you buffed now, hehe.

The one on the right was done in about an hour then I had to do the one on the left and the two fronts. All in all it took about 4 hours to clean them including removing and installing them.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The one on the right was done in about an hour then I had to do the one on the left and the two fronts. All in all it took about 4 hours to clean them including removing and installing them.

Any more pics of all four?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you use to clean them?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
What did you use to clean them?

The same stuff you are using
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave