Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34953 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's official,.......... widebodies are now king !

IP: Logged
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I really like the way the deck lid vent looks, is seems to flow right out of the hood vent. As usual the work out of your shop is fantastic.
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, its beautiful. i cant wait to see it will all the paint on it and some wheels
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Oh SNAP! that looks good. How much can I sell a kidney for?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think from this point forward, this car sets the standard for all choptops that come forth from Archie's shop especially if you're looking to modernize and update the over-all look of the Fiero.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I think from this point forward...

This car needs a new number... It's no longer #13.

But at least there is a lower number than mine that isn't finished yet.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

This car needs a new number... It's no longer #13.

But at least there is a lower number than mine that isn't finished yet.

Call it, "Evolution." Starting with the radical Purple Pavement Eater to what "choptops" have evolved into; we've come a long way, baby! Who knows, even #011 could be "revitalized"...not! Ya gotta have different choptop horses in the stable. Then again, I've been known to change my mind, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-26-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#13 is a beauty...Curley you are wearing me down...maybe if you find an alernative to the HREs I might someday consider it. Nothing wrong with the HREs but they are a bit pricey.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

#13 is a beauty...Curley you are wearing me down...maybe if you find an alernative to the HREs I might someday consider it. Nothing wrong with the HREs but they are a bit pricey.

Our friend who owns the notchback wide body will cue us in on the 3-piece OZ rim details at the CTHC/2 show. Tire Rack and [our] friend is personally handling the details. We already know that our Canadian friends has the cheaper 1-piece route @ $430 per wheel. I'm sure once you arrive at Archie's you'll succumb and join the "collective." Resistant is futile...assimilate darn it! It is your destiny, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it me or am I more excited than Leroy? I can't wait to see the deep black rims; I just might black out!
547 non-R series (w/chrome trim bolts)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-28-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it me or am I more excited than Leroy?

No! It is just hard to type when you are holding your breath for 2 weeks waiting for the wheels to arrive!
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz, what are you going to do for the side markers (turn signals)?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going without right now because I like the clean look. If I get a ticket I may go with the late model Neon or '01 Maxima marker lights.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean... I was looking at the Acura TL markers but hey are LED and my require a relay.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-29-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at the LED lights you are talking about and they could work.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Archie, I really like the way the deck lid vent looks, is seems to flow right out of the hood vent. As usual the work out of your shop is fantastic.

That is a really subtle, but striking tweek to a basic mustang scoop. Very, very sharp Taz.

Do i detect a strong madcurl influence ??

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is a really subtle, but striking tweek to a basic mustang scoop. Very, very sharp Taz.

Thanks! I really liked the extractor hood GT-X made for the car so it made sense to carry the design from the front backwards.

Do i detect a strong madcurl influence ??

Yes, I really liked the way Curly's car looked with the wing so I decided why not...I was already so far in that one more thing wasn't gonna kill me.

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 08-29-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too bad for a scratch built scoop.

Mark came over & put some primer on it today, we'll put it back together tomorrow & show you what it looks like.

Archie
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
That is looking real nice, looking forward to seeing the whole car put together....and then we will only need the wheels

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 08-30-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
by far my new favorite fiero =)
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeviM:

by far my new favorite fiero =)

Wait 'til the wheels come in.

A
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow real nice, you guys are gifted!
Cant wait until paint

------------------
cars, i build em, drive em, and brake em
www.suburbangorilla.com
thats the car my father, brother and i built
My Myspace

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the deck vents and the uniform primer "Gray" color scheme.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, six 6-days before the show; are you getting a little antsy?

I love that deck lid. You should be able to see clearly now

Hey Archie, any pics with the sail glass window installed?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-01-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I heard from my wheel guy today and it is going to be close...veerryy close. He is trying to get HRE to ship on Tuesday, but more than likely it will be wednesday at the earliest. If he gets them Thursday he will mount the wheels and ship them over night to Archies the same day.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I heard from my wheel guy today and it is going to be close...veerryy close. He is trying to get HRE to ship on Tuesday, but more than likely it will be wednesday at the earliest. If he gets them Thursday he will mount the wheels and ship them over night to Archies the same day.

Here's hoping it happens in time.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget the lug nuts and the center caps!
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at first i honestly did not think that the car would look very good with the widebody, but now i think it looks great. it would be a shame if it wasnt ready for the show =/

best of luck,
-levi
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When they add the HRE wheels this car is going to be unbelievable.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've come a long way baby from a old drawing

to this reality

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-02-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl, did you get my PM?

We've come a long way baby from a old drawing

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Madcurl, did you get my PM?

Yes. The one from 8-13-07? Pm me again for the details.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just sitting around waiting for Thursday when we head down to Archies...I wanna drive my car!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we have her cleaned up & looking as good as we can for the weekend.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW !

With HREs this car will cause many wrecks.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-06-2007).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one looks sharp plus a v-8!!! Some nice paint and all will be perfect.
Have fun on the drive.
Gary
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it will stay black wont it? it wouldn't be right if it didn't.

looks great btw
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so tomorrow is the big day is it not? any news?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to have some news on Monday...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock