Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34947 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 42693036901:

I have to get my hands on that body kit!!

The first picture is a stock Fiero body with a V8 Archie chop top, a closed mouth chin spoiler, extractor hood vent and matching side vents. The wide body is being added to all of that.

But it's amazing that 90% of the improvement in looks is due to the chop top. In my humble opinion it is the single biggest improvement in looks you can make to a Fiero.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion, but if u are adding a widebody to the front side, isn't it going to look funny unless you flare out or widen out the side of the nose to match ??

Archie any pics of the front widebody from a frontal view as if you were looking at the car standing a few feet in front of the nose ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-04-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just my opinion, but if u are adding a widebody to the front side, isn't it going to look funny unless you flare out or widen out the side of the nose to match ??

Archie any pics of the front widebody from a frontal view as if you were looking at the car standing a few feet in front of the nose ?

Not yet, we've only fabricated one of the front fenders.

The new front fenders will stay the stock width where they meet the nose. They will woden out to 3/4" wider per side at the wheels well. Then hold that width back to the door.

You gotta remember that this body kit is designed to be an entry level kit that can be assembled at home to give the owner/builder a good platform so that they can begin to build their own special Fiero. So we are trying not to put in any design feature that forces the owner/builder to go in a direction that limits his future personalized tweaks.

Archie
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
I have a couple of ideas, PM sent. I will also try to call Monday morning and see if they are feasable.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

We've mocked up a little wide body thing for the front.

It widens the width of th car at the centerline of the wheel by about 3/4" per side.

What do you think?

Archie

Edit:Although this isn't Leroy's car; rather the mock-up car.

If Leroy is going to use 19x9's up front, IMO I'd flare the bottom outward using flat aluminum and fiberglass over the area like #015. Otherwise, #013 will end up like most using 7.5 or 8" front rims.....sticking way out.

#015:

Adding 4 inches to the fender well lining.

Done

Bottom

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-05-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jscott1:

I vote for a raised and moved back wing. You won't regret it. The rear visibility is bad enough, a bow tie wing is going to make it worse.

Hehe. Too late.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehe. Too late.

Somehow I'm not surprised... Where are the pics?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Somehow I'm not surprised... Where are the pics?

Pic's will be posted soon, it is still under construction. There is also been a late edition to the back besides the wing...
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Pic's will be posted soon, it is still under construction.

No problem...we LOVE under construction pics.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I spoke the the wheel guy's today and they are not doing "black chrome" finish due to the inconsistancy of the plating. I will have to go with powder coating or paint. Any input would be appreciated.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
powder coat should be fine. I recently am starting to like the blacked out wheels, as long as they have a shiney lip.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I spoke the the wheel guy's today and they are not doing "black chrome" finish due to the inconsistancy of the plating. I will have to go with powder coating or paint. Any input would be appreciated.

Correct. I'm not sure of HREs chrome processing, however HRE did agree to separate the parts (center piece) and have it shipped to another company that specializes in "black chrome" plating. I did some research on this very subject on the "Going Black DUB" thread.

Edit: thread pg located here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/052624-5.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-08-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... HRE did agree to separate the parts (center piece) and have it shipped to another company that specializes in "black chrome" plating.

Yea, I spoke with Jim at Custom Auto and he called HRE and they told him they would not do that anymore due to the inconsistant quality. It kinda sucks, so I think I will have them powder coated.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea, I spoke with Jim at Custom Auto and he called HRE and they told him they would not do that anymore due to the inconsistant quality. It kinda sucks, so I think I will have them powder coated.

Jim may have thought you were referring to HRE performing the "black chrome" task? My past conversation with HRE about "black chrome" about them not doing black chrome is true; that is why I bypassed HRE and choose another company to perform the 3rd piece task. The "Black Chrome" company is in area of HRE headquarters to which I was going to check out prior to sending out my parts.

Remember, I talked directly with the head person in charge of production/assembly at HRE and he gave me the "go" to continue; although it was going to cost extra (s/h) , w/o a warranty on the part that was contracted out, and longer to finish....I decided to not too. Despite my decision, my second course was as difficult due to the various items I wanted changed, but it cost less and less time to change. Maybe some other time I might go this route, but it is very hard when there's a lot of money on the table and too many Fiero projects.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i had put my order in this morning for the back wheels and I just had to cancel it. I got some really crappy news regarding my restaurant financing and a separate investment so I need economize for a while. I guess I will just have to have small wheels at Fierorama this year...oh well thats the way it goes...
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got some really crappy news regarding my restaurant financing and a separate investment so I need economize for a while. I

Sorry to hear about that...we all have had the "Check Wallet" light flash at us from time to time. Mine has been on for a couple of years now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well i had put my order in this morning for the back wheels and I just had to cancel it

As they sayin New York, "Don't worry bout' it." Your car is and will be a spectacular car and will no doubt attract attention where ever it go. I too rolled out of Archie's shop in #011 on shop rollers and primered (under darkeness, hehe). At least yours will be all one primered color and most importantly...widened. I can't wait to see it!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie should be posting more pics soon of the wide body completion...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello...... Archie....... anybody home!!!!!! Post the pics already.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Hello...... Archie....... anybody home!!!!!! Post the pics already.

Sorry, I've been bad, I took the day off today.

Not really a lot of neat pics to post this weekend. We've got all of the WideBody panels attached to the car now. However the door panels, that we had planned to have back on the car by late Friday, Needed a little more glass work than we could get done in the heat Friday. So the door panels are still off of the car & we have the front fenders off right now waiting to the new optional WideBody front fenders.

It's like WideBody City around there right now.

Here are a few shots from Friday....

Here is one of the fender bucks, they're both covered in Dura-Teck. gotta sand & buff & wax them to take molds off of them this week.

Here is one of the doors we're still working on....

This next week is going to be a big week for this car, there will be a lot of parts going onto it for the last time this week.

Then the week after that should be the finishing it up week, including the surprise items we worked on this last week but haven't showed to anyone.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would the Lebaron brake system interfere using Troy's 541 rims? The 547's hub (backside) surface is the same as the OEM rotor vs. the Corvette C5 rotor surface. That was an issue using the OEM rotors on #020 during a trial fitment I'm assuming it wouldn't using the Lebarron.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you call them?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you call them?

Yes, It looks like they will be able to deliver in time... nothing to do now but wait and see.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent. Don't forget to give him another jingle just in case he happens to forget to place the order. I can give you the head dept main guy's number for additional emphasis "..."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Yes, It looks like they will be able to deliver in time... nothing to do now but wait and see.

No ETA, No ETA, No ETA!

I just got off the phone with the head guy in charge and I asked him some important questions; is the order in? He said yes, but there was no ETA listed on the placement and they're waiting on the confirmation. I contininue my questioning, "If no ETA is listed, what then does this mean?" He said, Sept 10th. However, he said your order placements are in stock w/o any issues; he just needs a ETA and confirmation from Jim.

You'll need to call ole' Jim and make sure he's placing the confirmation and that it contain a ETA, hopefully around the last week of August and definitly prior to Sept 8th! Geezs, this sounds like a repeat of what happened with Troy, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure if I want to bring the wing back or remove it in favor of the bow tie wing.

Did you decide on the wing yet? If your going with the bow tie did you place your order with sage yet? Time is running out Leroy!!!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you decide on the wing yet? If your going with the bow tie did you place your order with sage yet? Time is running out Leroy!!!

I have something in the works...Should have pictures by this weekend! Hopefully!
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this monster is still planning on passing through Albuquerque!

------------------
1988 GT Wingless Fastback 5 Speed Purchased 8-4-07

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Twice so far this year we've taken a wing like this....

and spent 40 to 50 hours to split it into 3 pcs. & blend it in to make it look like this......

& this........

We just don't have enough time to do that again & again..........

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-14-2007).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha I love how madcurls rims just get passed around the shop... hehe
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

The good thing is that each time they've been tried on other cars, it's been with his specific approval.

In the process, he has helped many people here. As measurements from his wheels has directly helped several PFF members & that accumulated data has been made public to anyone who reads PFF.

So, it's all good.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If curly had not shipped his rear HRE rims to Archie from CA just for me to try them on for size, we would not have the new wide body kit. #20 just had shop rollers on it when he drove it to Archie's, but once I was done with his HRE's and they were put on #20 he said what the hell and had Archie do the wide body.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Twice so far this year we've taken a wing like this....

and spent 40 to 50 hours to split it into 3 pcs. & blend it in to make it look like this......

& this........

We just don't have enough time to do that again & again..........

Archie

Archie sounds like you need to make a mold of that ASAP
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe me I can understand and appreciate the work that goes into finishing most fiberglass.

My original plan for that lip spoiler was to be a 3 piece bolt on unit. Had the plug done and everything.

After consultation, it was decided to cut it back and make it bond to the decklid as one piece. It could still be made into what Archie's crew did, but it would take some work. 40-50 hours? I'd say somewhere along the way, somebody took the long way around.

If you glass it onto the car as one piece with the deck closed, then cut it into 3 pieces and finish the ends, I can't see having more than 10, 15 hours in it at most, and that's with coffee breaks.

But everybody works differently, either way it looks good in the "after" pics. Still have plans to do the 3 piece, but I have about mmmmmmmmmmmmm400-500 hours of other work to do first.

Kits look great Archie!

I probably don't belong in this thread, but just couldn't help myself from commenting on 40-50 hours to blend in a spoiler.

HAGO!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Believe me I can understand and appreciate the work that goes into finishing most fiberglass.

My original plan for that lip spoiler was to be a 3 piece bolt on unit. Had the plug done and everything.

After consultation, it was decided to cut it back and make it bond to the decklid as one piece. It could still be made into what Archie's crew did, but it would take some work. 40-50 hours? I'd say somewhere along the way, somebody took the long way around.

If you glass it onto the car as one piece with the deck closed, then cut it into 3 pieces and finish the ends, I can't see having more than 10, 15 hours in it at most, and that's with coffee breaks.

But everybody works differently, either way it looks good in the "after" pics. Still have plans to do the 3 piece, but I have about mmmmmmmmmmmmm400-500 hours of other work to do first.

Kits look great Archie!

I probably don't belong in this thread, but just couldn't help myself from commenting on 40-50 hours to blend in a spoiler.

HAGO!

10 to 15 hours would be about right ot throw it onto a stock Fiero. The wings in the configurations they are now on Curley's & Troy's car are at least 80% modified from the wings we started with. Just like the IMSA body we put on Troy's car has had every body panel modified to get it to the configuration it is in now.

Actually it was a lot more than glassing it on to the decklid and then cutting off the ends & glassing them on. The wing had to be widened for both the cars. Both ends of the wing & both of the wing cutoffs had to have ends made to close them off. The wing tips were reshaped along the top & rear edges to match up with the body they were going onto. The leading edge & front face of the wings blend up into the decklid about 4 inches forward of where the wing originally contacted the decklid. Additionally the rear of the wing was trimmed down to lower the angle of the wing & to bring the back face of the wing into a line with the flat areas on either side of the tail lights.

In these pics you can see it's a bit more than a throw it on deal.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-16-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

As you can see, it took a lot of work to get from this ........

to this..........

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-16-2007).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great expo! Gives folks a better understanding, appreciation for the work involved to make things the way you want them.

Guess you better add making molds for the widebody decklid lip spoilers to your growing "to do" list!

Thanks Archie.

Carry on.

HAGO!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for looking out for me, but Troy and Leroy both asked me. The only things I requested was to not scratch my rim and to use my lug nuts.

If curly had not shipped his rear HRE rims to Archie from CA just for me to try them on for size, we would not have the new wide body kit. #20 just had shop rollers on it when he drove it to Archie's, but once I was done with his HRE's and they were put on #20 he said what the hell and had Archie do the wide body.

The actual rim that Troy was eye balling was the Foose 5-star for his chopper. The Foose is a really nice rim, however it has it's limitations. In the 5x100s the Foose is offered only up to a 19" and 9" wide. As you can visualize, a 9" rim isn't going to cut it so I suggested to Troy about going up and wider. Me being the kind of guy who loves to up the bar, asked Troy if he'd wait and allow me to ship the rim (at my cost) to Archie's.

Once the rim arrived, Archie placed my rim onto Troy's car and the rest is RIM history...well not yet. Instead of going 20x11 in the rear, I suggested Troy go at least 12" thus raising the bar. However, Troy made the choice of rim model and picked the R541s thus raising the bar not only in width, height, but also....rim lip.

The same situation happened to Leroy, but twice; once in IL and here in CA. Once Leroy seen the 547 rim placed upon his chopper and the 547R blackened here in CA he too was hooked; thus Leroy too raised the bar by adding a black center in the R547 series.

The good thing is that each time they've been tried on other cars, it's been with his specific approval.

In the process, he has helped many people here. As measurements from his wheels has directly helped several PFF members & that accumulated data has been made public to anyone who reads PFF.

So, it's all good.

Archie

Thanks Archie.

As some who don't know, I really wasn't "feeling it" Leroy leaving Archie's w/o a widebody; as we already know, #013 has the suicide doors and the rims just so happen to fall into play, hehe. If the "Crew" could figure out a way to make it work, Frank Dragon would be bought into the fold. There is more to this story as it unfolds, but for now...stay tuned.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality and Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-18-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As some who don't know, I really wasn't "feeling it" Leroy leaving Archie's w/o a widebody;

Thanks to Curly for the many phone conversations we had and the words of encouragement...

Thanks to Archie and the guys in the shop for turning ideas into reality and make them look good in the process!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz wanted a custom made Decklid scoop that matched the style of the one of a kind hood scoop.

So after talking to him I mocked up what It would look like for his approval.

We made a little mold to make the 5 tips so they would all be the same shape. We also used a section cutout from a Stock Fiero hood to form the top of the scoop.

Here's what it looks like right now, there is still a bunch of filling & sanding to finish it up.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-18-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay