Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34943 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now thats the kind of tweaking I like! Great job guys in matching the front with the back. I'm not the owner, but I do own pg. 3, hehe. I can't wait to see Leroy's car in 21-days.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-18-2007).]

IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Now thats the kind of tweaking I like! Great job guys in matching the front with the back. I'm not the owner, but I do own pg. 3, hehe. I can't wait to see Leroy's car in 21-days.

Wow that is looking great!!! I can't wait until next week (Friday) to see this creation in person. Hey Leroy that rear hood scoop would look sweet with a clear window on top to show off that LT1.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Wow that is looking great!!! I can't wait until next week (Friday) to see this creation in person. Hey Leroy that rear hood scoop would look sweet with a clear window on top to show off that LT1.

Hey Troy, don't forget to bring with you the Corvette front brackets. That'll save me some change on the S&R end. Thanks for selling them to me.
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i cant believe i missed this thread. great looking car
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
... Hey Leroy that rear hood scoop would look sweet with a clear window on top to show off that LT1.

Yes, it would, but I want to get me car back! I am starting to hear the same thing you were hearing from family and friends ( sure you have a fiero with...)
I should send you a PM on Monday with the tire info Curly asked me for...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Yes, it would, but I want to get me car back! I am starting to hear the same thing you were hearing from family and friends ( sure you have a fiero with...)

Someone else (not me) is purchasing some big beef and maybe the Nittos are cheaper?

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone else (not me) is purchasing some big beef and maybe the Nittos are cheaper?

I will send you a PM with the information I am sending Troy...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Send me a copy of that too.

Did you & Curley talk about front wheel fitment after I fitted his front wheel on your car with the Srop Dindles?

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

I don't think a window in the top of the scoop would work out too well. The scoop, in the area where the window would be, is about 1" higher than the stock GT Decklid was. That combined with the fact that the top of the LT1 intake is about 3 to 4" lower than a TPI system, means that the top of the intake would be quite a ways below the window. Someone would have to lean far over your fender to look thru the window & be able to see the engine.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget to take some pics. I'm looking forward to viewing the tread design.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-19-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Send me a copy of that too.

No problem.

Did you & Curley talk about front wheel fitment after I fitted his front wheel on your car with the Srop Dindles?
Archie

Yes, and I think it will be ok, but we will have to wait and see when the wheels and tire arrive since they are a little different.

Don't forget to take some pics. I'm looking forward to viewing the tread design.

Here are a couple of pic's of the tread design, I will send you the final pricing info as soon as I get it.

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 08-19-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those directional or asymmetrical?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are not listed as being unidirectional, but they are asymmetrical
Nitto has a very nice sight, you can check out the Invo here:
http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Emicrosite%2Einvo
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are not listed as being unidirectional, but they are asymmetrical
Nitto has a very nice sight, you can check out the Invo here:
http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Emicrosite%2Einvo

Got a better link from here and the cost from Discount Tire---funny how I never checked them for Nittos; I will from now on, hehe. You're correct about them being asymmetrical (from Discount site), "The asymmetrical, non-directional, tread design with twin water-dispersion grooves and lateral slits effectively provide wet traction while the silica-reinforced tread blocks deliver superior lateral and longitudinal grip in dry conditions. The asymmetrical tread pattern also gives the owner the ability to rotate tires on staggered fitments. " (end of quote)

http://www.discounttiredire...pc=40407&rd=20&ar=25

I typed in 255/30/19 but no Nittos appeared, however the 245/35/19 did.

http://www.discounttiredire...pc=40354&rd=19&ar=35

Examples from others regarding the 345/25/20.
http://forums.viperclub.org...wthread.php?t=604971

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I typed in 255/30/19 but no Nittos appeared, howver the 245/35/19 did.

I was looking at the 255/35/19

Examples from others regarding the 345/25/20.
http://forums.viperclub.org...wthread.php?t=604971

Pretty good revues from these guy's
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty good revues from these guy's

If 255/35/19s is the size you were viewing, that won't work. You'll need the 255/30/19 @ 25.1 height vs, 255/35/19 @ 26.0. Anything over 25.1 diameter you'll run into problems especially with a lowered suspension. Unless I'm missing the link that displays 255/30/19s cause couldn't find them.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Son of a .....
Good catch Curly, I did not realize I turned the 30 into 35. I did look up the tires and that makes a one inch difference in the height. I have Steve looking for tires the right size so we will see what happens, but I am going to stay with the Nitto's on the back.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Son of a .....
Good catch Curly, I did not realize I turned the 30 into 35. I did look up the tires and that makes a one inch difference in the height. I have Steve looking for tires the right size so we will see what happens, but I am going to stay with the Nitto's on the back.

You wouldn't be the first to have mis-matched tires on a Fiero widebody, hehe. At D5 I too rolled with Conts on the rear and Pzeros on the fronts on #015 cause the Pzeros were back logged; granted the two companies tread design were similar. Don't worry, you'll wear out the rear Nittos way before the fronts.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Son of a .....

Hey Leroy look at the bright side, you found this out before you purchased the tires, I was not so lucky . I just replaced my front tires from 245/30/19 to 255/30/19, much better ride and height. With the 255's on the 8.5 front rims, the side wall is straight up and down and the fit matches the rear.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-20-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thankfully I am working with a local guy at discount that is ordering what I need and he canceled the order on the wrong tires and is trying to get me the ones I need. But yes, at least there was no money lost.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thankfully I am working with a local guy at discount that is ordering what I need and he canceled the order on the wrong tires and is trying to get me the ones I need. But yes, at least there was no money lost.

You have come a long ways since The Dells show. Remember this...

2/9/07

As far as the kits go I would definitely be interested in one of these kits! .

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the nice pics of nice wheels & tires, I guess I'll put in a couple of pics of a car still being worked on.

We've been filling & sanding for 3 days now with 2 people.

The fine sanding & filling on the decklid scoop seems to take forever.

And check out those new front fenders.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-21-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have come a long ways since The Dells show. Remember this...

originally posted by Fierotaz:
2/9/07
As far as the kits go I would definitely be interested in one of these kits! .

Yes, that was before I was put under the evil spell of Madcurl the widebody mad scientist

Archie, the car is looking really good! I almost don't recognize my own car!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The deck vent is looking pretty good.

drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've been filling & sanding for 3 days now with 2 people.

The fine sanding & filling on the decklid scoop seems to take forever.

Archie

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad taking 1 1/2 weeks to complete my decklid for the IMSA by myself. Maybe I should have taken you up on that offer of Troyboys decklid way back when
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, the car is looking really good! I almost don't recognize my own car!

That's because every body panel on the car, except the nose, hood & roof, has been replaced since you last saw it.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like good news....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well it looks like good news....

What? Speak man, speak!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What? Speak man, speak!

As of today, it looks like my wheels will be delivered in time to make the show!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats Grrrreat! Have you decided on the front tires being used?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-24-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jaw dropping. I love this car. Excellent.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros aka. Airspeed, at fieronews.net and ferrarichat.com

SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn you people and your money...
Wish i had the spare fiero, time and money to do a widebody kit of my own as i would never be able to afford having someone else do it.

Archie: If you ever decide to go all "overhaulin" or "pimp my ride" feel free to swing over to Iowa and pick up my car ; )
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, Troy and I wanted to know your arrangments to thus avoid the pitfalls of S&H from CA to AZ to IL. Troy (no fault of his own) the CA shop inspected (required I believe) the rims and then by mistake had the rims shipped to Troy's home instead of Archie's; later Troy shipped the same rims to Archie's (over night) for mounting which the cost could have been avoided if the shop had mounted the tire/rim or shipped directly to Archie's.

I believe you mentioned performing this task for the fronts at the AZ shop, right? Are you having the rear rims shipped to you via CA shop to you in AZ for mounting or directly to Archie's from the CA shop? Remember, due to the limited time involved, insured over-nighters are very costly.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-24-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get HRE to ship the rears and fronts together to the AZ shop where the tires are and they will mount them the day they get in and ship them to Archies.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:

Archie: If you ever decide to go all "overhaulin" or "pimp my ride" feel free to swing over to Iowa and pick up my car ; )

Nope, we can't do any of those shows. We don't set unrealistic time tables, We don't have constant bickering among the people who work here, all the engines we put in run right from the git go & everything we make &/or install fits right the 1st time.

No drama here.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now thats the ticket! Geezs with 15-days left, whats type of ETA is it?

1."Nail-bitting,"
2. "Hair spliting,' or
3. "James Bond/Gold Finger-locked up to a nuclear time bomb- fighting with the Asian hat wearing episode" or,
4. All above?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy $hit!!!!

That is f-ing amazing!

Archie you and your guys just.... there are are NO WORDS to describe the AMAZING hands at work at your company! Astonishing!! You continue to up my wildest dreams of what the Fiero could be!

I cant imagine what it would have been like if Pontiac would have released the Fiero in STOCK format looking like what you have built countless times (including/especially above). A whole new dimension of Kick Azz!!

Remind me to shake your hand at the next show! lol!

Sorry for all that... im just... blown away!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

3800 SuperCharged Series II Swap, Rare BTTK Intercooler, Thrasher MPS, Fastback Swap

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
100% better than before.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock