Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6581 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, Friday morning Stu, myself and a couple of others are sitting in the basement at Camp Shipman just chatting about stuff...

I look at Stu and say "You should Plasti-Dip your Fiero"... He responds "I'd love to, I'm just not going to pay for it."...
I said "It's cheap, I bet we could get people to chip in."

Next thing I knew, we had 50 dollars in donations, and JohnWPB and I drove into Detroit Lakes.

We picked up 8 cans of black at the local Menard's store (think green instead of orange like Home Depot) cleaning out their stock.
We discovered a second place in town had Plasti-Dip in several colors, so we picked up one more can of black and three cans of red, some paper and some tape.

With peeling clear coat in some paces, we had to strip some of the dip off of one panel, and just said to hell with it on the rest. We refer to them as "Easy Peel Tabs" so that Stu can peel it when he gets bored with it...

It took several of us right around an hour to paint, lay out the stripe and paint that up.

As one person said, we took a 200 foot paint job and turned it into a 50 foot paint job. And we had a blast doing it.

IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good guys!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, and one more thing....

I introduced Camp Shipman to Cards Against Humanity.... I didn't realize how sick and twisted all of these people actually are until last night.

I'll be bringing it back again next year.
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Oh, and one more thing....

I introduced Camp Shipman to Cards Against Humanity.... I didn't realize how sick and twisted all of these people actually are until last night.

I'll be bringing it back again next year.

hmmmm.. here i thought it was an educational game

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

hmmmm.. here i thought it was an educational game

That is way too close to the truth.... Having to explain to people what the word or phrase on the card means was awesome, especially when that explanation caused them to gag.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for a great time this weekend, especially the Shipmans! They are fantastic hosts! It was really cool meeting new Fiero people who I'd only seen here. See you all next year!

Blake

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was posted on a Facebook page by Mary W. Unsure of her forum name if she has one. Several great photos there. This is my favorite.
Click to show

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-29-2013).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB aka the Picasso of Plasti-dip really knows how to lay it down. One man's mistake is another man's masterpiece! Well done JP! Nick and Pete are providing tech support and evidence documentation of course

Dr. W.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Camp Shipman early Friday evening

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Rottinchop is soooo there next year!!! Now here is a question: How about the spray on protective clear film to protect the plastidip???

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-29-2013).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

The Rottinchop is soooo there next year!!! Now here is a question: How about the spray on protective clear film to protect the plastidip???

John, the best part about Plasti-dip, if you run into a power pole you don't get electrocuted!

Dr. W.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

John, the best part about Plasti-dip, if you run into a power pole you don't get electrocuted!

Dr. W.

I'm laughing loudly here at work. I just KNEW you couldn't get by without tossing this one up here.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm laughing loudly here at work. I just KNEW you couldn't get by without tossing this one up here.

It's a classic now Chris, it's 3 days old......
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu realizing he has a nose badge...

Dr. W(infinitewill) signing the Toy, finally...

Chris(cornersonrails) having a little one on one time with Matt...

I believe that Matt had sat on Chris without warning at the campfire the night before... and this was payback.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

There was an identical stack of bottles on the other side of the recliner too.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was an identical stack of bottles on the other side of the recliner too.

Holy crap! you're right again!

Dr. W.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Holy crap! you're right again!

Dr. W.

Wish I could "Like" this post...
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was posted on a Facebook page by Mary W. Unsure of her forum name if she has one. Several great photos there. This is my favorite.
Click to show

That's my wife, she took some great pictures definitely. Would love to see more from other people! And thanks for the great time, it was fantastic meeting other Fiero people!

Dave

------------------

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

That's my wife, she took some great pictures definitely. Would love to see more from other people! And thanks for the great time, it was fantastic meeting other Fiero people!

Dave

Hey, it was good to FINALLY get to meet and talk to you Dave !!!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got home an hour ago, and will post some pictures and videos later on.

I just wanted to take the time to thank Daneele & Jay, and all the people that made this year a HUGE success! Camp Shipman seems to grow a little bit each year.

I am always so excited to get there, and always a bit depressed when I get back home, and into the same ole daily grind.

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I am always so excited to get there, and always a bit depressed when I get back home, and into the same ole daily grind.

I know exactly what you mean, I start feeling depressed as soon as I start packing up the tent.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics

Some of the friday Caravan

Two sweet paintjobs at Stumpkins

Some Campers

Carter shares his wheelers

Passing Buggies

Carshow shot of some of the back cars

Stumpkins trophy

Carter vs Chris

Heading thru town on a cruise

Cruise leaves town

Cruise swings thru Billys Bar in Vergas

I had to get this shot, Tylers Toy at the place where many of the folks who worked on The Tyler Project met.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-30-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got home an hour ago, and will post some pictures and videos later on.

I just wanted to take the time to thank Daneele & Jay, and all the people that made this year a HUGE success! Camp Shipman seems to grow a little bit each year.

Yeah...

This:

Vs. This:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few cell phone pics of the Friday group hanging out at Stumpkins place on the way to Frazee, thanks again Stumpkin (Ray)!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i posted all my pics and a bunch from stu on my web page 4th annual tab www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i posted all my pics and a bunch from stu on my web page 4th annual tab www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

Nice ones

Someone must have been up on a forklift again!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John do you know who helped you with the roof/forklift pics? i would like to specifically thank him....
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Tyler would be very proud of this.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have another rooftop vid I will post when I get a chance.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
There was a lot of wind noise so I put a song in.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...7xU&feature=youtu.be

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John do you know who helped you with the roof/forklift pics? i would like to specifically thank him....

Stu Took those Aerial photos posted above, as I have not had a chance to post any of mine yet

Stu ran into Mouse and asked if he had the fork lift available, and he said yea, and went and got it. Stu and I rode it up as high as it would go to get the photo's. Stu lucked out, as Mouse had a nice enclosed basket this year, verses me getting in the for lift last time with just the forks to stand on!

So yea, a huge thank you to Mouse for getting the fork lift, and taking us up to get the shots!

Stay tuned.... I have a great "reveal video" when Stu got the first look at his new paint job

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-31-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Could someone please post a picture of Stuart's "Best one hour paint job" trophy? I totally forgot to get a photo of it when I finished it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I so have to make it up there next year... we'll see.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my t-shirt last night. What a cool shirt. I'll be wearing it to all the shows out here in Utah for sure. Looks like the show up north went very well and I sure wish I could've been there to honor Tyler's memory. Hats off to all involved in this great endeavor!!!!

I personally am going to try my best to get out for the 5th next year and know that Tyler is one happy fiero loving angel looking down proudly on all who worked so hard to make this happen and to keep his memory alive! Kudos to you all

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\
/\
/\
Not sure of anyone else got pics.

Could someone please post a picture of Stuart's "Best one hour paint job" trophy? I totally forgot to get a photo of it when I finished it

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

/\
/\
/\
Not sure of anyone else got pics.

Sorry, forgot to say thanks! Yea, I don't know either. I was hoping someone got a photo of the whole thing.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was impressed by the look of this Convertible, I think its the first fastback style convertible I have seen.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-06-2013).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next year for sure, I'll have the IMSA there
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock