Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6579 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

stop out thursday. i picked up some famous Bari Beef from south elgin, ill. when i was there visiting my sister after Indy.

I will be driving in from St. Cloud so I am not sure how long that is. I will be sure to let you know.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 07-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I will be driving in from St. Cloud so I am not sure how long that is. I will sure to let you know.

Will

What time are you leaving St Cloud? Our caravan (cornersonrails, me, and runbob1) should be stopping there around 12:30-1pm .
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
What time are you leaving St Cloud? Our caravan (cornersonrails, me, and runbob1) should be stopping there around 12:30-1pm .

My class goes until 4:30 PM so I will be on the road around 4:45 - 5:00 PM.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My class goes until 4:30 PM so I will be on the road around 4:45 - 5:00 PM.

Will

Last year we ran late, but not that late . Hopefully this year we stay on time.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What day is most everyone arriving ?
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately we are out for this year.. :-( some unexpected financial problems have came up but my wife said we will start planning and saving now for the 2014 show.. have fun everyone I really wish I could be there

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

less than 2 weeks away!!!! I got the fiero raffle quilt top done. not sure if i will have the actual quilting done by the show but i am sure going to try. if i dont have the quilting done i will mail it to the winner turned out pretty cool this year!

Daneele, that looks amazing! It is going to look SOOOooo nice next to my other one!

I could use a ride if someone has an empty seat. I will be arriving Thursday at 12:16 PM into MSP airport. Andrew (1984WhiteSC ) offered me a ride as he passes, but I would have to wait till around 5:00 PM or so. I CAN do that, but would rather not sit in the airport for 5 hours if someone else is passing by

If no one else is passing by, and something comes up with Andrew, I can catch a ride with Stu as he will be passing by on the way from Texas around midnight LOL!

I [plan] on bringing a few of my seals and front latch gaskets.

@Will: Bring an extra latch gasket, as I will buy one from ya while I am there! You GOT to talk JimmyS into coming up one year! They would have a blast!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-16-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
I could use a ride if someone has an empty seat. I will be arriving Thursday at 12:16 PM into MSP airport. Andrew (1984WhiteSC ) offered me a ride as he passes, but I would have to wait till around 5:00 PM or so. I CAN do that, but would rather not sit in the airport for 5 hours if someone else is passing by

If no one else is passing by, and something comes up with Andrew, I can catch a ride with Stu as he will be passing by on the way from Texas around midnight LOL!

I think we can do that John. Just don't lose your luggage this time . Will be in contact soon.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

What day is most everyone arriving ?

We head out Friday morning twards Frazee (From the Minneapolis area). If anyone else is we can probably join up and Caravan.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Who will be traveling the furthest?

My bets on Stu from Texas.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

We head out Friday morning twards Frazee (From the Minneapolis area). If anyone else is we can probably join up and Caravan.

Same here, what route are you taking? I was planning on going straight up Hwy 10 as it 20 miles less and 20min quicker than 94 (according to mapquest). If the timing works out, a caravan would be cool. I was figuring on hitting the road around 8 AM.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

My bets on Stu from Texas.

Dburger from South Carolina was talking about coming.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think we can do that John. Just don't lose your luggage this time . Will be in contact soon.

Hey now! I didn't lose it last time, Delta did! and that's only because I had to check a bag, because it had homemade pickles in it. I'll just have mycarry on bag this year.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HALLELUJAH! my vacation for this weekend was JUST APPROVED! I have been in full panic mode thinking i was going to have to work thursday and friday. the "raffle" for my house seems to be shaping up nicely with some egr parts from Rodney Dickman, fiero sails gift certificate, fiero store gift certificate and other items, pics from Jason 2.5, quilt, 3 tyler shipman caps signed by John Callies, 2 sets led lights. door prizes at the actual show are pretty limited but we have a nice haul here at camp shipman
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There will also be a Gift certificate for my complete set of Smooth LED side markers in the raffle. This kit is the same as the one on Tyler's Toy. Nellieship will email me the winner and I will send them directly to his home(Free shipping of course!!) . This kit sells for 175$ (Gift from the website http://www.tylerstoy.com)

Regards to all...... my wife and I will be there with the Black Widow for the fifth Annual in 2014 !!!!
Have fun all !!!!

Helene & Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Same here, what route are you taking? I was planning on going straight up Hwy 10 as it 20 miles less and 20min quicker than 94 (according to mapquest). If the timing works out, a caravan would be cool. I was figuring on hitting the road around 8 AM.

Yep thats the route we have done in the past as a Caravan, I think we hit the road later than that previous years. We stopped at a bar called JPs in Sauk Rapids and met others and had an early lunch on the way as a group. Depends if you have an arrival time in mind, we pretty much hang out and visit at the Shipmans when we get there.
I wonder how many Fieros we can get together to caravan Friday morning?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

need a ride

I get off work at Noon on Thursday, and will be leaving work to head straight to Camp Shipman. I plan to pull the teardrop if I can get it ready by then.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

There will also be a Gift certificate for my complete set of Smooth LED side markers in the raffle. This kit is the same as the one on Tyler's Toy. ....Helene & Danyel

Oo, I wouldn't mind some of these!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I live about 10 minutes from MSP airport... sadly we will be bringing up the 'other' Pontiac this year. I am guessing we will have extra storage space to haul stuff up if extra room is needed. I don't know about timing for the trip back however.

Would the Chi-town crew want to meet up in the cities and gather John, myself, and Synthesis (works till noon), to head up?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-16-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I live about 10 minutes from MSP airport... sadly we will be bringing up the 'other' Pontiac this year. I am guessing we will have extra storage space to haul stuff up if extra room is needed. I don't know about timing for the trip back however.

Would the Chi-town crew want to meet up in the cities and gather John, myself, and Synthesis (works till noon), to head up?

Sounds good. Where is a good place to meet, or do we just all want to meet at the airport like we did last year.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good. Where is a good place to meet, or do we just all want to meet at the airport like we did last year.

Is there a cell phone parking lot at MPS? That has worked here when I pick someone up at the airport. Just pull into the cell phone lot, and casually wait for a call from them telling what section they are at, and then pull up to get them. It saves a lot of getting yelled at by the airport police.... "you cant sit here, move along! "

My cell # is 561 too three 6 - 7 O two fore.

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a cell phone parking lot at MPS? That has worked here when I pick someone up at the airport. Just pull into the cell phone lot, and casually wait for a call from them telling what section they are at, and then pull up to get them. It saves a lot of getting yelled at by the airport police.... "you cant sit here, move along! "

My cell # is 561 too three 6 - 7 O two fore.

I do not believe that they have this convenient feature at MSP Int'l, they'd rather you paid for short term parking... There is a Super America gas station on Post Road we could wait at which is real close to the airport entrance... If you call as you're heading out to the exit and give me the door number and level I'll shoot over and bring you back to the gas station and you could then hitch a ride in a Fiero, if you'd rather... sound good?

SuperAmerica
5201 Post Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55450

I'll try to get a hold of Synth and find out what his plan is...
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the framed group pic from a local photographer that was donated for our shipman "raffle" with etched glass. it seems like this was just yesterday!

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a Super America gas station on Post Road we could wait at which is real close to the airport entrance... If you call as you're heading out to the exit and give me the door number and level I'll shoot over and bring you back to the gas station

That sounds like a plan! I will call just as I am about to go out the exit, so no waiting whatsoever on your part. PM me your phone number, or drop it to me in an email. JohnWPB @ my gmail.com account.

That also sounds like a good rally point for others that are wanting to caravan out of the cities northward.

LINK TO THE MAP

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-17-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That sounds like a plan! I will call just as I am about to go out the exit, so no waiting whatsoever on your part. PM me your phone number, or drop it to me in an email. JohnWPB @ my gmail.com account.

That also sounds like a good rally point for others that are wanting to caravan out of the cities northward.

Sound OK mrfred8?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sound OK mrfred8?

Yep should work out well. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Should be better then last year, when we had to juggle people. Not sure how many Fieros the Chicago Caravan will have, both Chris and I are trying to get our 3800's done. (we will see who finishes first, Chris or my mechanic, so far I think Chris is in the lead, but my guy is making up ground).

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-17-2013).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep should work out well. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Should be better then last year, when we had to juggle people. Not sure how many Fieros the Chicago Caravan will have, both Chris and I are trying to get our 3800's done. (we will see who finishes first, Chris or my mechanic, so far I think Chris is in the lead, but my guy is making up ground).

Sounds like your guy might need a raise so he will finish first
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are killin' me! By the time I get there you will all be "adult beveraged" up nellieship can you PM me directions (address that I can GPS) to your place? I don't think I can remember how I got there last time

See you next week!

Dr. W.

------------------

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the time I get there you will all be "adult beveraged" up [..................] I don't think I can remember how I got there last time
Dr. W.

Your words speak for themselves

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh come on Will... I can pull up Google maps and point you straight at it thanks to sat view... Don't know the address, but who needs it!

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hitch is on and the new aluminum radiator is in, I think I'm ready for Frazee.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-18-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Oh come on Will... I can pull up Google maps and point you straight at it thanks to sat view... Don't know the address, but who needs it!

Also a lookup of Shipman in Frazee on AnyWho.com will bring it right up

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
* Friday Minnesota Caravan:

There is a group meeting at JP's Grill & Bar in Sauk Rapids MN, Friday at 10:30-10:45, plan is to eat there and then head to Frazee. We have done this every year so far
(Hwy 10 and hwy 23)
http://jpsgrillandbar.com/

If you are heading to JP's from the south, a group will be Caravaning to JP's from Elk River, leaving approximately 10am from the Shell Station on hwy 10, address is 610 Proctor Ave NW, Elk River, MN 55330 Phone: 763-241-1550

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-21-2013).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,
if you want to drive a fiero you can use my daily driver. Carbon knows where I live.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are going to need an extra driver here too for cassie's car
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... if nellieship can get the LED markers in

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nellieship:

... if nellieship can get the LED markers in
[/QUOTE]

yeah yeah... i watched the video and think that is going to be a winter project. i have dew wipes to install in mine too which is giving me a migraine. ikeep saying if tyler were here i would just have him take care of all this stuff for me. I was able to get the fiero quilt done - or it is almost done and will be done. the house is a mess, the gardens are full of weeds, but the quilt is done so there you have it lol. i figure if everyone has enough beer they won't notice the weeds

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yeah yeah... i watched the video and think that is going to be a winter project. i have dew wipes to install in mine too which is giving me a migraine. ikeep saying if tyler were here i would just have him take care of all this stuff for me. I was able to get the fiero quilt done - or it is almost done and will be done. the house is a mess, the gardens are full of weeds, but the quilt is done so there you have it lol. i figure if everyone has enough beer they won't notice the weeds

Just one hint ......... you're gonna have a yard full of fiero fanatics soon.... Use their resources they'll get it done in a jiffy hihihi.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock