Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6581 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Yes... no? it's very rough, but a start towards something I think

That looks great John.

If anyone else wants to work on that theme, here are some public domain images that could be a good start

http://pixabay.com/en/part-...ransportation-34620/
http://pixabay.com/en/icon-...us-truck-bike-35548/
http://openclipart.org/deta...ar-wheel-by-netalloy
------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 03-21-2013).]

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I had initially thought some of the text could BE the white lettering on the tire. Sort of integrating it. Otherwiase the tire is not needed.
Instead of good year polyglass for example:

Or even with some car body in it like this:

I do think the graphic Nellie found is good too, we could just make it solid colors. Or make it one tire, etc.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-22-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
I used to have an old version of photoshop on my home computer but that computer died and windows 7 wont run my old version.
I've been trying to learn "GIMP" which is a free version of a program much like photoshop, it seems much more limited.

I havent tried wrapping text yet. It could be skewed to match the angle of the tire if a straight side shot is boring. I would think though we could trace a photo of a tire or use a filter to simplify a photo to 2 colors or something, and then if I can wrap text, could make white lettering say something on the tire. Maybe just the words " 4th Annual CAR SHOW". I have pics I have taken to begin with so no copyright if we started with a photo.

What are our rules from last year?
No gradients? 3 colors only?
I cant remember.

Here is a pic I took at the 2011 show for example.

Anyway maybe I'll get some time to play with an image, otherwise you guys are doing cool stuff too!

nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chris has a connection to an artist guy who has done shirts for our group before - example the infamous fred shirt. he is going to share all the ideas so far and see what he can come up with. i wish i was more talented in this area but alas.... my talents are found elsewhere... or at least i hope so i keep looking for them I'll keep ya posted!
and yes it was 3 colors only, mandatory for name of show and at least month/year, the yellow cancer ribbon integrated with the pontiac emblem like the shirts years before, and that's about it. i do like the writing on the tire or at least some of the writing. maybe the web site should be on the tire? something...

here was another one i really liked - this is the john and i were talking about. wirting could be put on the tires here, i love the wings by the tires too
http://www.123rf.com/photo_...-written-inside.html

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 03-22-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

chris has a connection to an artist guy who has done shirts for our group before - example the infamous fred shirt. he is going to share all the ideas so far and see what he can come up with. i wish i was more talented in this area but alas.... my talents are found elsewhere... or at least i hope so i keep looking for them I'll keep ya posted!
and yes it was 3 colors only, mandatory for name of show and at least month/year, the yellow cancer ribbon integrated with the pontiac emblem like the shirts years before, and that's about it. i do like the writing on the tire or at least some of the writing. maybe the web site should be on the tire? something...

here was another one i really liked - this is the john and i were talking about. wirting could be put on the tires here, i love the wings by the tires too
http://www.123rf.com/photo_...-written-inside.html

Sweet the wings are cool:

If we pretty much used that it could say Tyler Shipman on top Memorial on bottom, carshow in the little oval, and dates ,etc in letters on the tires, or tire if we removed one. Fill the ring where it currently says "new tires" with yellow.

The infamous Fred shirt was awesome though... so many options. What ever we dont use is options for the next year.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks! Like that, especially cool its a wheel on the Toy!
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thanks! Like that, especially cool its a wheel on the Toy!

X2 - Id go with some variation of what JohnWPB or Gokart Mozart posted
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gona try and make it... we'll see

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

gona try and make it... we'll see

Hope you can dude
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here is one last design, just to solidify the idea every one seems to like. I originally did not put text as letters on the tire, as Nellie sent me a link to one like the first design I did, where the text was just around the picture of the tire.

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, here is one last design, just to solidify the idea every one seems to like. I originally did not put text as letters on the tire, as Nellie sent me a link to one like the first design I did, where the text was just around the picture of the tire.

That looks great John.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it...

Quick suggestion... Could you make the wheel inside of the tire a five bolt hub, and if you are feeling up for it, make it the same style drawing, only matching what is on the Toy?
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be going this year by splitting gas with Antuzzi. I'm purging a lot of my surplus possessions, including my Fiero, to pay off some bills and simplify my life but I'm keeping my '89 LeSabre T Type and would like to bring it eventually. I doubt I'll have it roadworthy in three months time so I'll probably be running the Civic again but we'll see.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I like it...

Quick suggestion... Could you make the wheel inside of the tire a five bolt hub, and if you are feeling up for it, make it the same style drawing, only matching what is on the Toy?

5 Lugs done. Not able to do the rim just like the toy, I used a Rites Free image that is as close as I could find that someone above linked to.

Talking to Nellie on the phone, she wanted wings, so she gets wings! Also at her suggestion, and rite fully so, Tyler's text moved to outside, and show info now on the tire.

There are 2 different ideas / designs that are at the front of what Danelee wants for the shirt this year. This drawing is NOT a design for this years shirt, it is just helping conceptually with ideas and such to give to the graphic artist and screen printer something to look at for reference.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

5 Lugs done. Not able to do the rim just like the toy, I used a Rites Free image that is as close as I could find that someone above linked to.

Talking to Nellie on the phone, she wanted wings, so she gets wings! Also at her suggestion, and rite fully so, Tyler's text moved to outside, and show info now on the tire.

There are 2 different ideas / designs that are at the front of what Danelee wants for the shirt this year. This drawing is NOT a design for this years shirt, it is just helping conceptually with ideas and such to give to the graphic artist and screen printer something to look at for reference.

Looks great. Wouldn't that be four color though (white, black, red, yellow). I thought the shirts were limited to 3 colors?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Looks great. Wouldn't that be four color though (white, black, red, yellow). I thought the shirts were limited to 3 colors?

Yes, you are 100% correct. This is really just for concept. In the final one, the rim could be done in gray using dithering. Dithering just uses black ink, with tiny dots closer and further apart to give different levels of darkness / coverage... (think newspaper photos).
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have such creative friends John you better send me that file for safe keeping - I LOVE it! This year's design is below. Chris L. had an artist friend work it up. Below is a rough draft... there will be some clean up done on it (the 2013 top got cut off namely), but you can get the drift of what it will be. I really like it and hope you guys do too. So the shirt sales are open - I would like to get as many pre-orders as possible. You don't have to necessarily pay me before you get here, but let me know what sizes are wanted to help me better pick how many of each I order. And... if you don't preorder you might not get the size you really want and that is always a bummer. If you want to prepay - you can paypal me. PM me for that information.

As in previous years, if you want me to ship it, just tack on 5.50 to cover a small prepaid box. Again, paypal me the fees.

The shirts are 12.00 up to XL and 15.00 for bigger. Shirts will be white. These are always very nice shirts printed by Chris Lewis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Did you say that was a draft? Maybe they could use the same red font as the black shadow is on the "Memorial carshow Frazee MN 2013" text? Could be a smaller size than the black shadow but same font. It would be more readable. I like the edgey font.

1 Xlarge and 1 small , (we'll have 2 cars at the show)
I might buy an extra XL.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-03-2013).]

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we there yet?! Sorry, just a bump to keep the thread alive. Cant wait for the show - looking forward to meeting all of you in person! -Ben
PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would go but it's a 21 hour drive each way...
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

I would go but it's a 21 hour drive each way...

Yep, it a long way. I would HIGHLY recommend you start planning for the 5th. It is well worth the effort. I promise you, the hospitality of Minnesota in general and Frazee in particular will at least equal if not succeed that of the great state of South Carolina. Do yourself a favor and put July 2014 on your calender. I'll see you there.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Yep, it a long way. I would HIGHLY recommend you start planning for the 5th. It is well worth the effort. I promise you, the hospitality of Minnesota in general and Frazee in particular will at least equal if not succeed that of the great state of South Carolina. Do yourself a favor and put July 2014 on your calender. I'll see you there.

I do plan to have a Fiero by then, and have looked at all the other past show threads. I'll be watching this one.

------------------
A Fieroless vegan

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is everyone waiting for the fifth show? Everyone needs to show up this July! Still plenty of time to plan.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Why is everyone waiting for the fifth show? Everyone needs to show up this July! Still plenty of time to plan.

Don't have a Fiero, but we could always bring the TR6...we'll see.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't have a Fiero, but we could always bring the TR6...we'll see.

Would love to see the TR6. Remember its a show for all cars, not just Fieros.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

1987 Buick Turbo T and my 1985 Grand National

I am looking forward to seeing these there
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes yes yes! all cars are welcome!!!! so if you haven't heard the news on facebook, we have CHICKENS! maybe we can do chicken poop bingo at camp shipman this year. i'm sure exactly how you do that but i have heard it is hysterical

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 04-19-2013).]

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am looking forward to seeing these there

Thanks 2.5! New trans is goin into the T, soon as that and a few other little odds and ends are set, its on to the body. I'm thinking about going with a tri-tone (black-silver-black) that was onthe 86 WH1 designer series cars. It'll look sharp I think, and be awesome for the show.

X2 what nellieship said - if its got wheels, bring it! Nothin wrong with bringin somethin from over the pond - especially if its a Triumph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes yes yes! all cars are welcome!!!! so if you haven't heard the news on facebook, we have CHICKENS! maybe we can do chicken poop bingo at camp shipman this year. i'm sure exactly how you do that but i have heard it is hysterical

Does that mean you have a rooster...?
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they should be all hens.. i wanted laying hens.. so they are brown chickens. who knows though.. i have no idea how to "sex" a chicken so i am just relying on farm and fleet's chicken signs LOL

Does that mean you have a rooster...?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

they should be all hens.. i wanted laying hens.. so they are brown chickens. who knows though.. i have no idea how to "sex" a chicken so i am just relying on farm and fleet's chicken signs LOL

Just pick them up by the scruff of the neck, like you would a kitten...

Males pull their legs up tight against their bodies, and females let their legs hang...

It works 100% of the time with a +/-50% margin of error....

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-19-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just thinking 4:45 am, Cockadoodledoooo!!!!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Take a piece of plywood, paint a giant Bingo card on it...
Lay it on the ground in a pen....

Take bets on numbers, drop chicken in...

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Take a piece of plywood, paint a giant Bingo card on it...
Lay it on the ground in a pen....

Take bets on numbers, drop chicken in...

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The TR6 should actually make it up there. It's the only presentable car we have anyway. Anyways, enough jibber jabber

------------------
A Fieroless vegan

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea how to "sex" a chicken.......

Ummmm...... I am not completely sure how things work in Minnesota, but that's illegal here in Florida!

We have CHICKENS! maybe we can do chicken poop bingo at camp shipman this year.

It doesn't look like I will spend as my time with my shoes off this year!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-20-2013).]

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The TR6 should actually make it up there. It's the only presentable car we have anyway. Anyways, enough jibber jabber

Everything Ive ever drove/rode in that came outta british leyland was a blast to drive/ride in. I'd really like to check it out in person for sure -Ben
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

Everything Ive ever drove/rode in that came outta british leyland was a blast to drive/ride in. I'd really like to check it out in person for sure -Ben

It's been sitting in storage because we had to move, but we drove it to the storage lot.

Question about ATV's/offroad go karts:

Are these brought up by Fiero owners or do they belong to the Shipmans? We've got an offroad go kart we can bring and a couple more presentable vehicles.

[This message has been edited by Dburger (edited 04-22-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock