Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6581 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly am counting on everyone taking lots of pictures and posting them somewhere so we can all see. Please take a group shot of the "Fiero Weed Pullers" in action; supervised by the "KBeck lite Kids". We want a video of working StuWipes.....have John toss a glass of water as Carter is rolling up the driver's side window. See you all at the 5th Annual.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 07-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what is the plan for Thursday? Am I heading over to the gas station? Is John driving someone else's car or riding with me?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

So what is the plan for Thursday? Am I heading over to the gas station? Is John driving someone else's car or riding with me?

Head over to the gas station. Can you be there by 12:30? Cornersonrails and I should be there by around noon. Carbon is picking up John from the airport (plane scheduled to land at 12:15).

John is probably riding with either Carbon or me but we can figure that out at the gas station. No Fiero for me this year .

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-22-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Head over to the gas station. Can you be there by 12:30? Cornersonrails and I should be there by around noon. Carbon is picking up John from the airport (plane scheduled to land at 12:15).

John is probably riding with either Carbon or me but we can figure that out at the gas station. No Fiero for me this year .

I would ride with Jeff... he's gonna have a nice ride.

Chris K.: If it would work better for us to meet you over on the west side after gettin' John we could probably stage a touch & go somewhere over there on 494...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Chris K.: If it would work better for us to meet you over on the west side after gettin' John we could probably stage a touch & go somewhere over there on 494...

That would work best as I will have my camper.....
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would rather have my 3800 Fiero done, but assuming Avis doesn't screw up I will have a Camaro SS Convertible.

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would work best as I will have my camper.....

I'll give you a call after we get John and we'll pick a spot...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a nice ride too... Fiero with working air conditioning!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would rather have my 3800 Fiero done, but assuming Avis doesn't screw up I will have a Camaro SS Convertible.

hmmm, Fieros VS SS on the backroads
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

hmmm, Fieros VS SS on the backroads

ooohhhh... can i watch this pretty please

thursday night campers and campettes... when you arrive you may have to be entertained by my dear husband until i get home at about 715. cassie has turkey day dance practice and since she is going to dance i decided i was not going to cancel my zumba class. besides it makes me feel less guilty for all the eating and adult beverages i will consume in the 3 days to follow if i at least start out the weekend with a little workout. i have a crew coming around 7ish to work on putting together my registration bags and sort shirts. i may give some instructions to a victim at the house to assist with starting this task if they show up early. we have italian beef from south elgin, ILL which is as easy as throw in the crock pot. i'm sure jeff or chris L know how to cook it up right guys? that and chips so it will be a serve yourself night. that is unless everyone wants to head to billy's in vergas or another local bar/pub to grab burgers and beer later at 8:30ish. totally up to you guys.. I am game for just about anything.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris, I just finished your seal and I will have front latch seals as well. I should be there Thursday eve about 7:30pm (ish) as I will be dropping by my hotel first then heading over to Camp Shipman.

See y'all Thursday!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John and Stu,

Don't forget your long underwear.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

John,
if you want to drive a fiero you can use my daily driver. Carbon knows where I live.

Sorry! I did not see this post / offer till it was mentioned about me driving a Fiero LOL! Thanks so much for the offer, but I personally do not want to be responsible for another persons car on such a long drive.

If it is Ok with you, I would LOVE to ride shotgun in the Camaro! Sorry Chris, think of Rock, Paper, Scissors.... Convertible beats working A/C LOL! I had a convertible years ago, and miss it every time I get in a hardtop car.

Carbon is picking up John from the airport (plane scheduled to land at 12:15).

I just checked, and the actual arrival time is 12:27 pm on Thursday. I have no checked baggage, just my carry on. I will call when I am just about to the curb.

Originally posted by nellieship:

i may give some instructions to a victim at the house to assist with starting this task if they show up early.

I'll take care of them.... by the time I am done with them, they will wish they just went to your Zoomba class!

John and Stu,

Don't forget your long underwear.

51 Degrees!!!!! WooHoo! I usually have to wait till late January and just HOPE that it gets that cool!

Speaking of Stu, I actually just got a text msg from him about a half hour ago: "T-43 Hours" To which I replied, "And Counting!"

Actually Stu, T Minus 43 hours till the Thursday meetup? Doesn't that mean that you have to leave in like the next 10 minutes or something? HAhahahh

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-23-2013).]

stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those traveling in caravan up on Thursday and or Friday I would like to ofer you a free lunch. Simple hamburgers brats on the grill. Beverages of course. I live three miles south of Little Falls 1 mile off u.s. hwy 10 paved road all the way. I may not be able to make it Saturday to the car show as my health is day to day due to my cancer. I would really enjoy serving my Fiero friends if I could.

Ray

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris... you know that wasn't a dig on your car.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stumpkin:

Those traveling in caravan up on Thursday and or Friday I would like to ofer you a free lunch. Simple hamburgers brats on the grill. Beverages of course. I live three miles south of Little Falls 1 mile off u.s. hwy 10 paved road all the way. I may not be able to make it Saturday to the car show as my health is day to day due to my cancer. I would really enjoy serving my Fiero friends if I could.

Ray

Ray, you offered lunch during Year 1 (or 2) a long time back, and I never got the chance to take you up on it.
I'd love to this year. Would anyone else in the Thursday caravan be interested in swinging in for a little bit?
Ray was telling me about a project he had been working on before the big C visited him. Sounds like it'd be something cool to look at for all of us.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray

I wonder if we could make this work? I am caravanning Friday.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-23-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray, you offered lunch during Year 1 (or 2) a long time back, and I never got the chance to take you up on it.
I'd love to this year. Would anyone else in the Thursday caravan be interested in swinging in for a little bit?
Ray was telling me about a project he had been working on before the big C visited him. Sounds like it'd be something cool to look at for all of us.

I am just following this year, so whatever everyone else wants to do. We would probably end up at Little Falls around 3:00-3:30pm. Assuming an hour visiting with Ray, would put us into Frazee around 5:30 or 6 pm (how late is the Amish cookie bakery open )

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-23-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just want to be in Frazee before it's dark... I hate setting up tents in the dark.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just want to be in Frazee before it's dark... I hate setting up tents in the dark.

Don't worry... I'll be bringing along some lights.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be starting out at 4:30 am, so I just want to get in before I fall asleep

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay, I'm just along for the ride. but I do think it would be nice to stop by for a little bit at Ray's house. Its entirely up to everyone else that is driving but it would be okay by me

I just asked Google and the sunset in Frazee is 9:05 pm.

I would also like to be at camp no later than say... 6:30.
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About lunch for the caravaners

Offer is good for both Thusday and Friday. I just need to know about how many & approx arrival time. I'm talking about simple hamburgers & brats on the grill with chips and beverage.

It's more about meeting and or seeing you all again. Not to pull the big "C" card but this is most likely the last opportunity I will have to serve you, my Fiero friends.

If I feel good Saturday I will be in attendance at the show.

Ray

------------------

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About lunch for the caravaners

Offer is good for both Thusday and Friday. I just need to know about how many & approx arrival time. I'm talking about simple hamburgers & brats on the grill with chips and beverage.

It's more about meeting and or seeing you all again. Not to pull the big "C" card but this is most likely the last opportunity I will have to serve you, my Fiero friends.

If I feel good Saturday I will be in attendance at the show.

Ray

I hope you can make the show, festivities at the Shipmans. I would like to stop at your place Friday, I'm not sure who all I can get together, I emailed Pete who sort of organizes the Minnesota Friday caravan too. I'll PM you a phone number maybe you can send me, or post yours.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Stumpkin, if you could you share your address and such with us all, or click on PM and send a message to some individually so we know exactly where wed be heading. Thanks
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take pictures for those of us who can not make it.

Thank you!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished Reverse Bleeding the brakes on this car and still mushy... Ah well I've dealt with it this long what's a little longer. Only thing left is the brake lines...

Cool weather.. GREAT! I could use some, but I am already used to the humid heat down here.

T - 18 hrs and counting...

IF the trip is continuous and smooth WE (Myself and RixtheTrix FROM AUSTRALIA!!!) Will make the Airport on time to meet everyone else.. We can usually make the St. Cloud meet by 1pm each year... We'll see.. Rick will be driving a 45th Anniv. Camaro behind, beside or in front of me.. He is sooooo PUMPED to go and is likely in Abilene, TX right now...

Time to Pack up the CAR!!! and MY BAG!!!
Stu
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done with work for the week as of 3pm today!!! Tomorrow pick up my car and pack. Can't wait to get going on Thursday!!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T'would be nice to make it one year... hopefully I'll be able to swing it in 2014.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thursday Summary - does this seem right to everyone?

mrfred8 and cornersonrails - meet 6 am Loves Park Road Ranger Gas station (same place as last year)

mrfred8 and cornersonrails - arrive at SuperAmerica on Post road between 12:15 and 12:30
Stu and RixTheTrix - arrive at SuperAmerca on Post road between 12:15 and 12:30
Carbon picks up John at airport at 12:30 and heads to SuperAmerica on Post road.
Hopefully leave SuperAmerica by around 1pm

Meet up with Synthesis somewhere off of 494 (do you guys have this worked out?)

Stop and see Ray near Little Falls around 3:15 (does anyone have Ray's address or number?)

Arrive in Frazee around 5:45
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thursday Summary - does this seem right to everyone?

mrfred8 and cornersonrails - meet 6 am Loves Park Road Ranger Gas station (same place as last year)

mrfred8 and cornersonrails - arrive at SuperAmerica on Post road between 12:15 and 12:30
Stu and RixTheTrix - arrive at SuperAmerca on Post road between 12:15 and 12:30
Carbon picks up John at airport at 12:30 and heads to SuperAmerica on Post road.
Hopefully leave SuperAmerica by around 1pm

Meet up with Synthesis somewhere off of 494 (do you guys have this worked out?)

Stop and see Ray near Little Falls around 3:15 (does anyone have Ray's address or number?)

Arrive in Frazee around 5:45

Sounds good to me...

Have what worked out?

Chris, where we be meetin'?
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started working on getting things arranged in the trailer (thanks Chris!) to see what will fit and what won't. I'm really getting excited, this is my 1st time and I'm really looking forward to meeting all the people I only know as screen names and avatars. Gonna be part of the Friday morning caravan, how many are meeting in Elk River? Sent Pete an email to figure out which Shell station (mapquest lists 2) to meet at.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-24-2013).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meeting point on the West side of the Cities on Thursday....

Carlson Parkway, Exit 20 just off of 494. Take ramp, turn right into Holiday Gas Station.

Holiday Stationstore
189 Cheshire Ln
Plymouth, MN 55441

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Started working on getting things arranged in the trailer (thanks Chris!) to see what will fit and what won't. I'm really getting excited, this is my 1st time and I'm really looking forward to meeting all the people I only know as screen names and avatars. Gonna be part of the Friday morning caravan, how many are meeting in Elk River? Sent Pete an email to figure out which Shell station (mapquest lists 2) to meet at.

Friday a group will be Caravaning from Elk River, approximately 10am from the Shell Station on hwy 10, address is 610 Proctor Ave NW, Elk River, MN 55330 Phone: 763-241-1550

Crusing to JP's to meet more people, and I talked to Pete and the plan is to head to Rays place (Stumpkin) from there.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
I talked to Ray, he's excited to have us stop by. Carbon, Mrfred, Synthesis, of the Thursday group you have a PM with his address. Pete of the Friday group has been emailed the address.

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathy and I will be meeting the group at JP's on Friday.

We hope to be there by 11:00am.

We will be going to Ray's place too.

What is the address for JP's and Ray's please?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

Kathy and I will be meeting the group at JP's on Friday.

We hope to be there by 11:00am.

We will be going to Ray's place too.

What is the address for JP's and Ray's please?

JPs website says:
Hwy 10 and Golden Spike Road
Sauk Rapids, MN
phone 320-230-8899

I pmd you Rays.
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just P.M. a few folks with my Address & Phone #,s

If you are all gathering @ J.P.'s call me as leaving otherwise give me an est. time of arrival.

Let me know how many & how many want a burger or Brat lunch. Will have beverages (Beer & Soda (or Pop depends on where your coming from!).

Most importantly travel safely!

------------------

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray,

There should be eight in our group on Thursday... by my count:

DIY_Stu
RixTheTrix
Synthesis
JohnWPB
mrfred8
cornersonrails
carbon
mrs. carbon

With an ETA of around 3PM I think it will just be a visit, not a meal, but I'll let others give their final say on that...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-24-2013).]

stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's fine will be a good place for a potty stop after your lunch and a fresh fill on beverages. As I said it's more about seeing some of you again and meeting some others.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave