Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show - July 27, 2013 - Frazee, MN by nellieship
Started on: 02-28-2013 12:38 PM
Replies: 321 (6581 views)
Last post by: Oosky on 08-07-2013 12:14 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dburger,

The Shipman family has been kind enough to let us use their equipment for the weekends when we've been there...

BUT, and a very big BUT at that.... (har har).. I would not count on that happening this year....
My son broke his arm on one of their 4 wheelers last year due to his own inexperience and over-confidence.

While I can't personally make any decisions for the Shipman family about their own equipment, it would probably be wise to assume that you should bring your own if you would like to do some recreational motorsports...

TL R
The stuff is theirs, but don't expect to use it cause you might hurt your fool self. Bring your own.
IP: Logged
Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Dburger,

The Shipman family has been kind enough to let us use their equipment for the weekends when we've been there...

BUT, and a very big BUT at that.... (har har).. I would not count on that happening this year....
My son broke his arm on one of their 4 wheelers last year due to his own inexperience and over-confidence.

While I can't personally make any decisions for the Shipman family about their own equipment, it would probably be wise to assume that you should bring your own if you would like to do some recreational motorsports...

TL R
The stuff is theirs, but don't expect to use it cause you might hurt your fool self. Bring your own.

Didn't expect to see a TL;DR here If we can come we'll bring our own. I'll still try to get a Fiero so I can camp though
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi regarding below... we have a few ATVs and dirtbikes. you are welcome to bring your own. We usually don't fire up a bunch of ours when there are a ton of people here. But, of course if you bring your own or jump on ours it is at your own risk of course. so if you decide to play evil kienvel and jump 5 amish horses in a single bound and break something... well you get where i am going. we are definitely in the country where we are at with mostly amish neighbors and one crabby nonamish, 1/2 mile dirt road and fields surrounding. minnesota law does state no ATV on county roads but we ride them all the time and try to stick to ditches as much as possible i think gocarts would be fun too!

Originally posted by Dburger:

It's been sitting in storage because we had to move, but we drove it to the storage lot.

Question about ATV's/offroad go karts:

Are these brought up by Fiero owners or do they belong to the Shipmans? We've got an offroad go kart we can bring and a couple more presentable vehicles.

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
LOL synth - we must have been typing same time. I was thinking about your son! Like i said on previous post - its at your own risk. it was a bummer last year when we had an injury, although Synth's boy wasn't the only one... ahemmmm Andy

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Dburger,

TL R

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
you don't need a fiero to camp we take all manner of cars in our yard..... well maybe not a ricer but you might twist my arm

I'll still try to get a Fiero so I can camp though

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

you don't need a fiero to camp we take all manner of cars in our yard..... well maybe not a ricer but you might twist my arm

Not quite sure I could fit everything in the TR6 despite it having a trunk and space behind the seats. Don't own any ricers. We have a 66 grand prix, a 65 skylark 4 door sedan, and an 82 caballero we can take for towing/extra space. The skylark probably is the only one that would make it though. One more question: how do you know where to park at camp Shipman and at the show?
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
camp shipman is a first come first serve yard park where you want. if you need electric then you would have to park closer to the garage. seriously informal redneck campground, definitely no "glamping" happening around here. at the show, we'll have someone directing the parking. we have our show on main street in our town - which is a small small town so you cant miss it. if you get to our house we'll make sure you get to the show!

Not quite sure I could fit everything in the TR6 despite it having a trunk and space behind the seats. Don't own any ricers. We have a 66 grand prix, a 65 skylark 4 door sedan, and an 82 caballero we can take for towing/extra space. The skylark probably is the only one that would make it though. One more question: how do you know where to park at camp Shipman and at the show?

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

camp shipman is a first come first serve yard park where you want. if you need electric then you would have to park closer to the garage. seriously informal redneck campground, definitely no "glamping" happening around here. at the show, we'll have someone directing the parking. we have our show on main street in our town - which is a small small town so you cant miss it. if you get to our house we'll make sure you get to the show!

Thanks
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL synth - we must have been typing same time. I was thinking about your son! Like i said on previous post - its at your own risk. it was a bummer last year when we had an injury, although Synth's boy wasn't the only one... ahemmmm Andy

The one time I ride a bike without a helmet lol. I guess I was asking for it. Good thing I have a thick skull.
------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 04-22-2013).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks

Did I mention the hospitality before? Now all you have to do is pick a car and go. If it has wheels it's welcome. And then, once you're hooked on Frazee and if your life allows it, you make it an annual trip.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Did I mention the hospitality before? Now all you have to do is pick a car and go. If it has wheels it's welcome. And then, once you're hooked on Frazee and if your life allows it, you make it an annual trip.

Should be able to go annually since we don't do too much in the summer.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We do have a tent already as well.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to buy a tent this year and stay if I am welcome...........

I am not making the trip to Fargo-Frazee everyday/night anymore.

You will like it here for sure.
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've gotta dig around for my tent. I already got my sleeping bags at the ready - need a new air matress though. :/

Breakthrough! Got some free time commin up, so the new trans/converter should be in the T this weekend. Then its shocks, motor mounts, downpipe, turbo, then off for paint/body work.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I am not making the trip to Fargo-Frazee everyday/night anymore.

You will like it here for sure.

Might depend how loud ya snore
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

That's sarcasm right?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

That's sarcasm right?

Originally posted by 2.5:

Might depend how loud ya snore

I have been told I snore, but I have never heard it

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont snore, but I do sometimes talk in my sleep - and even get up and move about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jIYBatQyCM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on a final T shirt draft?

We're registering for the show and including sizes now either way, but curious if it is looking like the last pic posted, or altered some
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes! I think we've got our childcare details squared away for the weekend.

I hated missing this last year.

------------------

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just want to verify a registration paypal pmt goes to :

dshipman@loretel.net

Correct?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-06-2013).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't have a further update on the shirt pic. it will closely resemble what i posted with a little clean up. you can pay for preregister on my paypal at dshipman@loretel.net or just pay when you get here. doesn't really matter to me either way

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not my pic but I love it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was looking at what carshows are out there in my area this year and ran into an ad for teh show!
Nice!

"07/27, 13 - 4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show
Frazee, Minnesota
Contact Phone: 218-334-5268

http://www.festivals-and-sh...esota-car-shows.html

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have added or emailed so many web sites to stick us on their roster that it makes my head spin. i'm sure i sent it more than once to a few

Was looking at what carshows are out there in my area this year and ran into an ad for teh show!
Nice!

"07/27, 13 - 4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show
Frazee, Minnesota
Contact Phone: 218-334-5268

http://www.festivals-and-sh...esota-car-shows.html

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i have added or emailed so many web sites to stick us on their roster that it makes my head spin. i'm sure i sent it more than once to a few

Yeah, it looks like you hit a lot of sites

Google search for 4th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 05-16-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This event needs a June bump to the top. A great cause, a great time and well worth the effort. If you can't make it to Indianapolis then you need to get your tail pipes to Frazee. If you can do both, so much the better.

86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of now my wife and I will be arriving at camp Shipman Thursday night !! I can't wait.. but the car is gonna need some work before I make the LONG drive there.. this will be our first time so please take it easy on us..lol

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 toy:

As of now my wife and I will be arriving at camp Shipman Thursday night !! I can't wait.. but the car is gonna need some work before I make the LONG drive there.. this will be our first time so please take it easy on us..lol

We don't razz the newcomers too much lol. That's a long drive but you will never be the same after we are done with you! And I love that your wife is coming. We have a fun bunch of ladies that keeps growing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 toy:

What you will get razzed for is not attending!
Needs work eh?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe it's already the 4th Annual show and I STILL haven't made it to one! My goodness. Here's to hoping my bosses really like me after letting me off for five days for the 30th...
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be arriving early on Friday morning. I will however, be without my Fiero as I will be working in St. Cloud on Thursday and driving up from there. I will have a few trunk seals front latch seals and sunroof hold down gaskets.

Dr. W.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all - just a reminder if you want a shirt let me know - preorder or you might not get one. I order a few extras but the last couple years the extra pretty much sell out immediately and you might not get the size you want.

of those who have ordered shirts, curious to know who is going to be at the 30th also? i am going to try and sweet talk chris into making some of these up early.

starting to get excited.. i'm not sure where the year has gone. I am also in desperate need of door prizes this year - not much luck with this for some reason this year. does anyone have any ideas on this?

lastly.. the Fiero Quilt I don't know that i will have one made up for the show, but would do like last year and raffle it off to be delivered by Christmas. Jeff Jones won last year. I have pics if anyone hasn't seen one of these... definitely not something you can pick up at wal-mart lol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi all - just a reminder if you want a shirt let me know - preorder or you might not get one. I order a few extras but the last couple years the extra pretty much sell out immediately and you might not get the size you want.

of those who have ordered shirts, curious to know who is going to be at the 30th also? i am going to try and sweet talk chris into making some of these up early.

starting to get excited.. i'm not sure where the year has gone. I am also in desperate need of door prizes this year - not much luck with this for some reason this year. does anyone have any ideas on this?

lastly.. the Fiero Quilt I don't know that i will have one made up for the show, but would do like last year and raffle it off to be delivered by Christmas. Jeff Jones won last year. I have pics if anyone hasn't seen one of these... definitely not something you can pick up at wal-mart lol

Wife and I will be at both the 30th Anniversary Show and The Tyler Shipman Memorial Show.

For door prizes, if local auto parts places are slim, or nothing good is on clearance...

Some less expensive Fierostore stuff is usually on the tables at other shows, "apparel and novelty" for example.

Could also check with TLG to see if they want to be involved.
http://www.tlg-auto.com/Pontiac_Fiero_s/81.htm
(Oslo on the forum). I think they were at the show in 2010.

Maybe Rodney Dickman would like to be involved? I know he makes decals and shirts as well as parts.
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...g/index.php?cPath=37

Fierosails has some stuff.
http://www.fierosails.com/decal.html

If I find some frames I might be able to donate some framed 1984 magazine page size Fiero advertisements

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-11-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is even more spectacular in person.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

It is even more spectacular in person.

So many copies.... it sure is nice to own the original

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
So many copies.... it sure is nice to own the original

Did you get the original or did I ....hehe. I love my blankie. A Minnesota member was talking to me about wanting one today. That thing is a hot commodity,
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Did you get the original or did I ....hehe. I love my blankie. A Minnesota member was talking to me about wanting one today. That thing is a hot commodity,

I bet it was KEV...
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What you will get razzed for is not attending!
Needs work eh?

Yeah just a couple small things that need attention that I haven't gotten to.. oh and maybe some fresh paint! :-D
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock