Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  TLG Product Announcements: Cool New Stuff For Your Fiero! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TLG Product Announcements: Cool New Stuff For Your Fiero! by Oslo
Started on: 07-26-2011 02:59 AM
Replies: 269 (17501 views)
Last post by: BlackTopRacing on 07-28-2014 10:40 PM
pcwentworth

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep thinking this and a turbo from TLG would be sick!
IP: Logged
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A note about the dyno results, we found a bad sensor, and a suspected bad MAP and have come to a conclusion that the reason for the dip in AFR at 4,100 RPM is due to the computer coming out of closed loop and actually running off of sensor data.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 09-01-2011).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New product announcement!

We didn't want to make the 4 cyl guys feel left out, so here's some love for the 2.5L crowd!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
This open air filter intake kit will fit 1984, 1985 and 1986 Fiero 2.5L 4cyl engines, but not 1987 or 1988 - if there is enough interest, we will make one for later years as well.

The kit includes:
K&N Air Filter
Chrome Top Hat
Stainless Steel Hardware
Custom Aluminum mounting bracket
Lower Air Filter Basket

The install should take no longer than 15 minutes (Maybe less) and will really make a difference in how your engine sounds, and how your engine bay looks! We do not have a 4cyl Fiero to test on the dyno with this setup, but I'd be willing to give someone a good deal on a setup if they're willing to do a dyno test for us.

OPTIONAL: Chrome Edelbrock Top Hat:

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
I don't think people are looking here anymore... Maybe I should start a new thread for each new product...
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Breathing hot air from the engine bay instead of cold air from the side intake is not going to make your duke run better. But it looks cool.
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered making a cover plate for the space between the upper plenums? Something black or out of brushed aluminum, possibly engraved, would look awesome!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Have you considered making a cover plate for the space between the upper plenums? Something black or out of brushed aluminum, possibly engraved, would look awesome!

Yes.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Breathing hot air from the engine bay instead of cold air from the side intake is not going to make your duke run better. But it looks cool.

It is arguable that the benefits of additional flow this system allows will outweigh the con of the incoming air temperature.

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we finished up another V6 DTB Intake Manifold, from www.YourStreetSolutions.com

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This one is headed to New York!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOT!!!
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea the engine bay of the duke doesn't get hot enough to make a difference. But whats the cost for one if those?
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

This open air filter intake kit will fit 1984, 1985 and 1986 Fiero 2.5L 4cyl engines, but not 1987 or 1988 - if there is enough interest, we will make one for later years as well.

The kit includes:
K&N Air Filter
Chrome Top Hat
Stainless Steel Hardware
Lower Air Filter Basket

The install should take no longer than 15 minutes (Maybe less) and will really make a difference in how your engine sounds, and how your engine bay looks! We do not have a 4cyl Fiero to test on the dyno with this setup, but I'd be willing to give someone a good deal on a setup if they're willing to do a dyno test for us.

So how much for the kit??

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my pic IS NOT the TLG product offering, but I just wanted to throw out a pic of how it might look installed.

I need to clean my filter!...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work on the dual TB setup. That was always my beef with the 2.8 the darn thing was always choking for air. Looks like a must have for the 2.8/3.4 pushrod owners.

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Powdercoated DTB intake looks nice. Could the welds be ground smooth or would it weaken it too much? How much is the setup as shown? Still waiting to see some idle to 5500 rpm power/ torque comparisons between this and a stock intake on a 3.4.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Powdercoated DTB intake looks nice. Could the welds be ground smooth or would it weaken it too much? How much is the setup as shown? Still waiting to see some idle to 5500 rpm power/ torque comparisons between this and a stock intake on a 3.4.

If you want to see how much a system like that would cost, please go to the website and "Build Your Own" setup

http://www.tlg-store.com/Hi...nifold_p/4010104.htm

As for the look of it, the welds can be smoothed out for a completely flat surface finish. The method of achieving that look will not weaken the structure.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 09-17-2011).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:1985 Fiero3.4L V6 with Auto-Tranny slush box with stock exhaust system and stock lower intake manifold.

+16 RWHP+28 RWTQ

No tuning. Bolt on and go.

There is more power to be had because for some reason the computer sent the car into an extremely rich condition at 4,200 RPM every time. Went from a nice 12 AFR down to a below-10 AFR!!! Need to figure that out, then I'm sure we'd see even bigger power gains.

A note about the dyno results, we found a bad sensor, and a suspected bad MAP and have come to a conclusion that the reason for the dip in AFR at 4,100 RPM is due to the computer coming out of closed loop and actually running off of sensor data.

I'm a bit unsure about what some aspects of your comments which I've quoted above actually mean.

More specifically...

• Do you still feel the DTB manifold is a "No tuning. Bolt on and go" project, or do you now feel it very likely will require some electronic tuning by its potential customers in order to start and run well?

• Have you had the opportunity to actually confirm through your testing that the 3.4L test engine with its new DTB manifold was running rich at higher RPMs because of a bad sensor or sensors, or does that remain a theory?
Regardless of your responses to my questions, Oslo, I look forward to hearing them because of what I believe to be your historically well-deserved reputation for honesty and candor.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

I'm a bit unsure about what some aspects of your comments which I've quoted above actually mean.

More specifically...

• Do you still feel the DTB manifold is a "No tuning. Bolt on and go" project, or do you now feel it very likely will require some electronic tuning by its potential customers in order to start and run well?

• Have you had the opportunity to actually confirm through your testing that the 3.4L test engine with its new DTB manifold was running rich at higher RPMs because of a bad sensor or sensors, or does that remain a theory?
Regardless of your responses to my questions, Oslo, I look forward to hearing them because of what I believe to be your historically well-deserved reputation for honesty and candor.

Project34, thank you for your questions, I appreciate the interest. I will try to answer your questions.

1. "Do you still feel the DTB manifold is a "No tuning. Bolt on and go" project,"
I feel like someone could bolt on the intake manifold and go, without tuning, and the system would work. The car will have more power, and no adverse effects would be had. However, by tuning the computer for this system you will be able to realize even greater gains and performance. So the short answer is "yes and no".

2. "Have you had the opportunity to actually confirm through your testing that the 3.4L test engine with its new DTB manifold was running rich at higher RPMs because of a bad sensor or sensors"
I was not involved in the troubleshooting process but Street Solutions looked at the car and said we had 2 bad coolant sensors. One for the fan and one for the ECM. They said that with the fan running all the time it may have kept the engine too cool during testing and the faulty ECM sensor for the coolant would provide skewed readings as well. Both sensors have been replaced and we have not had a chance to bring it back to the dyno.

We plan to go back to the dyno some time in October and find out some new numbers for this setup before we look into any tuning. I want to know what the most benefit someone can have is by simply installing the manifold and running it with no tuning.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your clarifying responses to my two questions above.

Also, I think the "next steps" you plan for additional dyno testing of the DTB intake manifold make sense, and likely will be appreciated by most of those interested in this intake manifold:

We plan to go back to the dyno some time in October and find out some new numbers for this setup before we look into any tuning. I want to know what the most benefit someone can have is by simply installing the manifold and running it with no tuning.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to update this thread: I ordered a LED light package and the complete DTB intake package (incl. ported middle and lower intake manifolds) from TLG and Dean an Whodeanie Customs should receive everything soon! :-)
------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, 13" Viper/Corvette brakes. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, battery relocated to front. Rebuilt&overbored 2.8 V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store HD front and rear swaybars, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, Ultimate Getrag shift kit, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.
Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes.

Does that mean you are going to offer it?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does that mean you are going to offer it?

It is on the white board right now as a project to look into when we get some other priority jobs completed.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like this?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The kit includes:
K&N Air Filter
Chrome Top Hat
Stainless Steel Hardware
Lower Air Filter Basket

We have an 86 2m4 with under 50k miles on it, I could see if my wife would let you borrow it to play with on the dyno.
Would any power increases come from the K&N alone, or the fact the air is not being pulled thru the factory ducting? I have always heard the intake of a duke is restricted so that any opening up of the airflow before the intake is a nil chance of HP gain or better flow. Not true?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this?

Very similar, but probably flat and the raised sections would match the valve covers design better.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by 2.5:

We have an 86 2m4 with under 50k miles on it, I could see if my wife would let you borrow it to play with on the dyno.
Would any power increases come from the K&N alone, or the fact the air is not being pulled thru the factory ducting? I have always heard the intake of a duke is restricted so that any opening up of the airflow before the intake is a nil chance of HP gain or better flow. Not true?

Yes the intake on most vehicles are very restrictive, and a lot of potential is left unmet with the factory air filter systems.

We do not need help with testing the product any more though, I am pretty sure we have someone lined up to help out.

Thank you!!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any possibility that TLG will make brake conversion kits?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

Is there any possibility that TLG will make brake conversion kits?

That is very doubtful
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this?

I'm pretty sure that is off of a Quad 4 engine
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:
I'm pretty sure that is off of a Quad 4 engine

It is.

I have also seen this same engine without the cover. It's an extremely sanitary installation. I don't think it needed the cover at all.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40720 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Today we finished up another V6 DTB Intake Manifold, from www.YourStreetSolutions.com

This one is headed to New York!

That's just damned sexy.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have some more cool things to show you tonight:

Fiero Main Gauge cluster LED bulb upgrade kit:

http://www.tlg-store.com/product_p/fieroled020.htm

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 11-05-2011).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Fiero LED Aux. Gauges Bulb Replacement Kit:

http://www.tlg-store.com/product_p/fieroled021.htm

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see they don't come with replacement sockets. Do you have a source for those twist in sockets, or at least know where I can get some?
sprnt96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the chance of coming up with a cold air intake for the 4 cylinder? A couple yrs ago at Fierorama i saw one on a car, was a pretty neat idea.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the leds were red or yellow or something would the guages retain their redness better?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If the leds were red or yellow or something would the gauges retain their redness better?

I have done this myself in the past before I moved to aftermarket gauges, and high power red LEDs make them really red, I liked it alot better then the white I tried at first, which washed things out and the gauges appeared really yellow. I'm sure yellow LEDs would get the same effect, except it might not wash it out as much.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-07-2011).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on that turbo kit? I'm going to be in the market for one in the spring.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday we looked at what it would take to create a turbo Y-Pipe, but I doubt we'll put together a full kit.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock