Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  TLG Product Announcements: Cool New Stuff For Your Fiero! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TLG Product Announcements: Cool New Stuff For Your Fiero! by Oslo
Started on: 07-26-2011 02:59 AM
Replies: 269 (17496 views)
Last post by: BlackTopRacing on 07-28-2014 10:40 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to talk about some cool new stuff happening with Top Line Group Automotive!! We've got a lot of cool stuff happening right now and just need to share it.

First, here is a new LED reverse light product from GTR Lighting. If you cannot afford the $185 for HID Reverse Lights then hopefully you can still upgrade your reverse lights with these:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Click Here For More Information on LED Reverse Lights For Your Fiero!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 07-26-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are offering a new updated Performance Upgrades section of the new TLG website and there are lots of cool things to find here!

***Including!

Shaved Thermostat Housing
Clean Up Your Engine Bay!

Ported and Polished Upper, Middle and Lower Factory Intake Manifolds
Increase V6 Performance!

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators for the 2.8L V6
Fine Tune Your Engine!

Also we are planning on debuting a new product at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show this coming weekend: Street Solutions High Performance Dual Throttle Body Intake Manifold for the V6 Fiero!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
In the lighting department we are excited to add new LED headlights, THAT ACTUALLY WORK! These are brand new and made in the USA. We are currently working on getting a set for the shop Fiero and the GTR Lighting Tru-Projector HID headlights will be replaced by these LED units! These LED headlights produce 1,620 Lumens!

Click Here for More LED Headlight Information

In the lighting department at the new E-Store we have more LED and HID products for your Fiero than ever! Click here to see!

Some of the things on the drawing board for Fiero LED upgrades are a new LED third brake light replacement, speedo/tach gauges LED upgrade kit and a rally/aux gauges LED upgrade kit. Look for these things and a whole lot more cool new products soon!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 07-26-2011).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fan-freakin-tastic.

Will be placing an order soon for those small items I PMd you about.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do my eyes deceive me? Is a vendor finally offering dual throttle body intakes for the Fiero?!?!
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Do my eyes deceive me? Is a vendor finally offering dual throttle body intakes for the Fiero?!?!

care to point out where you see that?

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320:

"Also we are planning on debuting a new product at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show this coming weekend: Street Solutions High Performance Dual Throttle Body Intake Manifold for the V6 Fiero!"

It helps if you read, and not just look at the pictures.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Also we are planning on debuting a new product at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show this coming weekend: Street Solutions High Performance Dual Throttle Body Intake Manifold for the V6 Fiero!

edit: I can't believe that it took me 7 minutes to put that together, wtf? Way to be quick Matt.

Should be pretty sweet, thanks for providing these items Oslo!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 07-26-2011).]

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

It helps if you read, and not just look at the pictures.

The help was much appreciated. thanks buddy. A simple " the text is right after his adjustable fuel pressure regulator in his post and not on his website" would have been better received. I poured all over his website looking for the non existant information.

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 07-26-2011).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I read that correct, you're trying to market $1000 headlights to fiero owners?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Did I read that correct, you're trying to market $1000 headlights to fiero owners?

I loled.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea, no kidding. I'm sure many fiero owners have that sitting around for LED healights. Lol.

The help was much appreciated. thanks buddy. A simple " the text is right after his adjustable fuel pressure regulator in his post and not on his website" would have been better received. I poured all over his website looking for the non existant information.

More information and pictures are on the TLG facebook page.
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone else think of Johnny 5 here?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Haha, that's pretty good. These headlights are not for everybody, but the guys who want the newest, coolest gadgets and technology may be interested. We're just making them available in case anyone is interested. We plan on putting a set on the shop Fiero before too long. Just gotta finish up a few other projects first.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oslo, LED headlights aside , thank you for the products you are offering for our cars. Keep up the great work!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has the complete ported intake assembly been flow tested compared to the stocker? Do you have CFM measurements you can post comparing it to a stock set up? At $600 for a complete ported assembly will it outperform a Truleo on the same engine?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Has the complete ported intake assembly been flow tested compared to the stocker? Do you have CFM measurements you can post comparing it to a stock set up? At $600 for a complete ported assembly will it outperform a Truleo on the same engine?

Rick, good questions! These are new products to our lineup and are currently working on getting a full, finished set ready for just this type of testing. It will probably be next week some time before we've got all 3 parts together and ported/polished. The only thing I can tell you for sure at this point is that they will flow better than an unmodified set, just not sure exactly how much.

I doubt the stock ported pieces would flow as good as the Trueleo, or our new Street Solutions DTB intake manifold, but it is a way to achieve higher performance with a stock look. If someone wants a crazy new intake manifold design, then there are options, but if they want a faster Fiero that appears stock and classic under the decklid then the comparison is almost moot.

The other thing to consider is that if you buy our new DTB intake or the Trueleo, you should still get the lower intake ported anyway. If you don't open up the lower intake by having it ported and polished then you are not getting all the gains out of your new intake manifold anyway.
I'll keep you posted! Keep the questions coming!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 07-28-2011).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump for a great Fiero supplier. There are some shady dealers in this world, and TLG Automotive is definately NOT one of them. Oslo keeps coming up with some impressive ideas for our passion, and has a proven track record on reliability, product developement, and customer care. Perhaps $1,000 for true, legal LED headlights is a bit out of the park for most of us, but let's say that sentence again..."true, legal LED headlights." I know that Audi is at the forefront of LED headlights, and so now can we. :thubmsup: Not a bad time to be a Fiero enthusiast.

Tony
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a pic of the LED headlights on viewing from the front? I'm interested to know what oncoming traffic would see at night.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick, good questions! These are new products to our lineup and are currently working on getting a full, finished set ready for just this type of testing. It will probably be next week some time before we've got all 3 parts together and ported/polished. The only thing I can tell you for sure at this point is that they will flow better than an unmodified set, just not sure exactly how much.

I doubt the stock ported pieces would flow as good as the Trueleo, or our new Street Solutions DTB intake manifold, but it is a way to achieve higher performance with a stock look. If someone wants a crazy new intake manifold design, then there are options, but if they want a faster Fiero that appears stock and classic under the decklid then the comparison is almost moot.

I own an 88 Mera 5-speed that I have installed a mildly modded 3.4 PR . I want to keep the stock appearance, and great sound, of this style engine and enhance the breathing capability. In order to justify a $600 investment, I would need to see an actual compairson of the performance increase between a stock intake and the ported version on a similar engine. Please keep me posted when you have results.
PFF
System Bot
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headlights may be worth it if he planned ahead and made the lens removable and replaceable. I'd hate to spend $1000 on headlights, when in 5 years they are getting faded and/or chipped and need to be replaced completely. LED's are meant to last a long time.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a picture of the Dual Throttle Body Intake TLG now has for sale on their Fiero today at the Frazee Car show. Looks awesome!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony K, thanks for the kind words! Customer Service is very important.

Rallaster, I don't think I have a picture of the LEDs from oncoming traffic views, I'll work on it.

Rick 88, maybe we can work something out if you're willing to do some dyno testing... what do you say? 3 pulls with the stock intake pieces, then 3 pulls with the ported/polished pieces while doing the intake manifold swaps on the dyno. Send me a PM if you're interested in something like this!

Shill, the LED headlights use a polycarbonate lens that is more durable than most stock headlights. It would be wise to cover and protect the lenses with 3m Clear Bra, or LaminX Brand protective lens coverings. However, the headlights have a 4 year warranty against defects, and the lenses are designed to be replaced if they get damaged somehow, perhaps by age and pitting, or a rock "attacking" the lens on the road. I think a replacement lens is something like $24.

Here is the product spec sheet on these new LED headlights:

http://www.jwspeaker.com/pr...-5x7-rectangular.pdf

10 reasons to upgrade your headlights to LED

Superior Visibility
Reduced Fuel Consumption
Zero Maintenance
Plug & Plan Installation
Brighter, Whiter Light Output
Extreme Durability
Unmatched Longevity
Fully Street Legal - DOT Approved
More Light Out, Less Power In
Save Time & Money

And MattWA: Thanks for the support man! It was good to meet you today!

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 07-30-2011).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oslo, that intake looks pretty sweet, like something you'd see on a race car. It's hard to see from the photos, but is it a complete upper/middle manifold replacement (like the Trueleo), or a pair of plenums bolted to a stock middle intake?
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, this on a 3.4 conversion would be boss....
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took a picture of the Dual Throttle Body Intake TLG now has for sale on their Fiero today at the Frazee Car show. Looks awesome!

Everytime I look at that, I keep hearing "turbo 3.4" in the back of my head...

I wonder how well that setup would handle a turbo..?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no reason why this setup wouldn't dominate with a turbocharger setup. It would handle the pressure very well.

To answer the construction question, this system uses a modified and port/polished stock middle intake with the two new plenums welded on the top.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at that intake made happy time in my pants. Very sexy. I want to drop a dollar in between the uppers like back in the day.

It would be great to see somebody with access to a dyno test them out for you. I remember talking with you about this a while back, and it is nice to see another alternative to the few that we have for the 2.8.

And incase I didn't thank you enough Oslo for what you have done for my Fiero.... THANK YOU! You guys have a life long supporter of TLG Automotive.

Tony
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like someone finally built a good looking dual throttle body option! I love it and although I am not in the market for the moment, or honestly for a good long while it will always be floating around in the back of my head.

If you need anyone to test it out, I have a 3.4 turbo car that I think with a few tweaks to the intake plumbing would hook up to that quite well, That coupled with the appropriate tuning adjustments would make for a real fun ride. I could even head over to my old university for a dyno day at the end of the process and get some real numbers... If you ever need promotional material or want another car like Tonys to use for advertising id volunteer any day!

Good work, keep it up!
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought of you Damian for the testing. Probably no better candidate.

Turboed
Easy access to a dyno
Proven tuning experience
A shop to work in
Reliable
Katie takes the sweetest photos

I am sure there are many more reasons...

Tony
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The intake looks awesome!! The only question/issue I have with it is why are the filters in the engine bay and not behind the quarter panel to pull fresh air??

Are you planning to make a tube(s) that will put the filters down behind a Fierowarehouse scoop for instance?

It will be very interesting to see the dyno numbers and stuff after testing, very cool product.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

The intake looks awesome!! The only question/issue I have with it is why are the filters in the engine bay and not behind the quarter panel to pull fresh air??

Are you planning to make a tube(s) that will put the filters down behind a Fierowarehouse scoop for instance?

It will be very interesting to see the dyno numbers and stuff after testing, very cool product.

I don't think we're going to be doing that as the cost would be pretty high. However what will be available is a heat shield/duct system that will draw air from the stock intake opening and create a sort of air box under the filters where they are currently located. This will allow the filters to draw up cool air and block the exhaust from the aluminum piping.

The DTB intake is now available on the website here:

http://www.tlg-store.com/Hi...nifold_p/4010104.htm

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think we're going to be doing that as the cost would be pretty high. However what will be available is a heat shield/duct system that will draw air from the stock intake opening and create a sort of air box under the filters where they are currently located. This will allow the filters to draw up cool air and block the exhaust from the aluminum piping.

The DTB intake is now available on the website here:

Gotcha, was just curious, thought I would ask, and I am sure some of the other gurus on here could make their own duct system if they really wanted to. Ducting would definitely be the easy part, since you've done the hardest part of designing and producing already.

It definitely looks like a cool product, hopefully I will be able to afford it one day.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I don't think we're going to be doing that as the cost would be pretty high. However what will be available is a heat shield/duct system that will draw air from the stock intake opening....

Oslo, if by "the stock intake opening," you're referring to the Fiero's stock cold air induction inlet at its body's rear lower left quarter panel, a body shop can marry that to a Fiero Warehouse side scoop of the type zmcdonal mentioned.

I'm not saying TLG should offer that as an option. I merely note that type of set-up can be done by your potential customers --- even before having a dual throttle body set-up. I know that only because PFF member Mike Murphy outlined how to accomplish that trick within the archived thread titled, "pictures of side scoops-please post yours ". Just FYI and nothing more, to view his explanation re how to do that, one can start by scrolling about one-third of the way down on the page that comes up after clicking on this link to the aforementioned thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-085430.html .

By the way, that's a nice-looking dual throttle body set-up in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 08-02-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That intake system does look nice. The extremely anal part of me would want the welds ground smooth and the intakes powdercoated in the factory red. Then it would look like a production piece. Are the dual TB's stock or bored out? I would love to see a dyno test on this, and the factory ported parts on a stock 3.4.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That intake system does look nice. The extremely anal part of me would want the welds ground smooth and the intakes powdercoated in the factory red. Then it would look like a production piece. Are the dual TB's stock or bored out? I would love to see a dyno test on this, and the factory ported parts on a stock 3.4.

While I imagine the HP increase would be significant, I'm going to guess the biggest gain from the twin throttle body setup is going to be in the area of throttle response. Fieroguy123's 2.0 Turbo had a dual TB setup and the throttle response was insane. The throttle seemed to only have "on" and "off", gradual power application was very difficult to achieve and the turbo had almost zero lag, with both TB's opening up, airflow into the intake was virtually unrestricted and the turbo started to spool very quickly just off idle and never seemed to run in vacuum.

I would think this could put a 3.4 really close to a similarly built 3800, if not on the same level completely. Add to the fact that a 3.4 is a relatively easy swap to do, I'm going to guess that once these hit the market and 2-3 people get them installed and running, the 3.4 with this setup is going to become a very common transplant.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 08-02-2011).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

While I imagine the HP increase would be significant, I'm going to guess the biggest gain from the twin throttle body setup is going to be in the area of throttle response. Fieroguy123's 2.0 Turbo had a dual TB setup and the throttle response was insane. The throttle seemed to only have "on" and "off", gradual power application was very difficult to achieve and the turbo had almost zero lag, with both TB's opening up, airflow into the intake was virtually unrestricted and the turbo started to spool very quickly just off idle and never seemed to run in vacuum.

I would think this could put a 3.4 really close to a similarly built 3800, if not on the same level completely. Add to the fact that a 3.4 is a relatively easy swap to do, I'm going to guess that once these hit the market and 2-3 people get them installed and running, the 3.4 with this setup is going to become a very common transplant.

I agree with everything you just posted.

They are on the market:
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

We are working on building one for someone right now and we're going to do just this, the welds will be ground smooth and it will be painted red.

There is no reason to spend the time/money on boring out the throttle bodies because what you get with the DTB intake is essentially a 104mm throttle body opening.

We are currently planning a dyno test for the very near future.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock