Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 43)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027962 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
DotTC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dejanira:

The pictures asking to identify wiring connectors were interesting. However in 5 - 2015 pictures of the car were promised. There have not been any to date, 12 - 2016. I understand the opportunities of living and things taking time. I also know the meaning of the word "promise" and would have no problem if the "promise" had been delivered, it hasn't.

Do you have a copy of the contract to the two of ya'll signed to require her to put the rest of her life on hold to delivery these pictures on a internet forum? I agree with Formula88 on this one.

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

IP: Logged
bulldog85043

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Since you feel you're not getting what you have been "promised" I recommend you stop following the thread. It clearly has not met your requirements and you should not be expected to follow a thread doesn't provide you the material you require.

Plus 1!
MiseryLou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiseryLouClick Here to visit MiseryLou's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiseryLouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dejanira:

The pictures asking to identify wiring connectors were interesting. However in 5 - 2015 pictures of the car were promised. There have not been any to date, 12 - 2016. I understand the opportunities of living and things taking time. I also know the meaning of the word "promise" and would have no problem if the "promise" had been delivered, it hasn't.

For one thing, no one here is obliged to provide you with any updates at all. K is a student. She is not here for your amusement; she is here so that we can help her with her project. She owes us nothing. We owe her a lot for being an inspiration.

But more importantly, on what planet do you live where trying to publicly shame a teenager you don't know is appropriate? Or likely to work?

I suggest you examine your life choices, friend.
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
mjnyc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjnycSend a Private Message to mjnycEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it has been more than three months without any news. Has Ms. Dimaria abandoned her project? While she doesn't deserve to be taken to task for such, it would be quite disappointing for those following this thread for all these years.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I look in on the thread whenever it pops back to the top, I really don't have any hope of ever seeing the car finished. At least not in the foreseeable future. Since she's not posted any progress in a long time, I think she's moved on to other things.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Even though I look in on the thread whenever it pops back to the top, I really don't have any hope of ever seeing the car finished. At least not in the foreseeable future. Since she's not posted any progress in a long time, I think she's moved on to other things.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. This thread has gone a bit South, though, so maybe she just quit posting. I think that she may have done what I did with my first Fiero, and tried to tackle too many things at once. As the project drags on, enthusiasm wanes, and other things take priority.

78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching this thread since before I owned a Fiero, and I know that sometimes a project just takes time.
I've been doing a frame off resto mod on my El Camino for 3 years now, and the thread I have on LS1tech gets neglected for months at a time because life gets in the way.
I can't imagine doing such a big project (even with help) while in highschool. There is so much going on and obligations its not surprising things get neglected.
I hope the project gets completed if that is what she wants, and if it doesn't then maybe it will be revisited in a few years as these things sometimes go.
Jessica
mjnyc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2017 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjnycSend a Private Message to mjnycEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we all agree that this thread is as good as dead, the project abandoned or at least more than two years past deadline?
dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would think that someone in the family would understand courtesy and post a comment saying that the Fiero is off.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To anyone posting anything negative I quote this, which was posted before:

Originally posted by Formula88:
Since you feel you're not getting what you have been "promised" I recommend you stop following the thread. It clearly has not met your requirements and you should not be expected to follow a thread doesn't provide you the material you require.

PFF
System Bot
MiseryLou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiseryLouClick Here to visit MiseryLou's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiseryLouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I as going to say: It's clear someone has some misunderstanding about what "courtesy" means.

No one owes you anything, friend.

I would guess she's too busy with life as a college student to move forward with it right now. Her project car is not as important as her future.
In any case, trying to shame her into providing you with an update is sure to be super effective.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is disappointing to the many of us who actually contributed technically and materially to her project.

I'm sure that many of you sports fans out there that go hog wild for your team when they're on their way to the playoffs, throw up you hands and curse them when they blow it in the final stages. Neither do they owe you anything but you get upset anyway.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She may have become very busy with...life.....She may have health concerns.......She may have run out of patience for her project (I know a lot of us have at times run into that problem!)......Or the Fool runnin' his mouth about "Owing us some pictures" may have just scared her off......I don't understand why management on here did not immediately ban that guy for life! (He sounded exactly like a pyscho-stalker nut job)
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can understand the frustration that some have. It has been over a year and a half since the last "official" update about this project. Many of us did donate parts, money and information to see the project to its completion. So quite a few people have a vested interest. No, none of us are owed ANYTHING in any way, but none the less it is still very disappointing. That was a very good analogy above about the sports teams. Think when your team loses, you get upset. I see the rants and raves all over Facebook about how such and such is a lousy player ect. That team owes you absolutely nothing, the same as Kathryn owes us nothing. That does not mean we can not be disappointed and express it.

I do understand that life gets in the way, people get busy, and things happen. It is very hard to use that as the reason for not taking 2 minutes, out of the full year and a half since the last update, to at least say something.

I do hope all is well with Kathryn, and things are going good for her. I have checked this thread each time I get an email that there is a new post in this thread. Since it seems to have come to a standstill, I am taking the advice above, and have un-followed this thread.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-16-2017).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a feeling this wouldn't go anywhere so I never really followed the thread.

I read about it, am a familiar about it, but never invested any time in following it hoping for an update.

I can understand why people are upset, but its a girl who probably is more interested in other things now

Maybe someone who knows them better should offer to buy the car and finish it, would be a shame for the car to just sit after all these years.
dejanira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejaniraSend a Private Message to dejaniraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

To anyone posting anything negative I quote this, which was posted before:

Ooooo, Captain America has spoken, sorry guy I don't live in a fantasy world.
dwc309

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dwc309Send a Private Message to dwc309Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To those who have contributed parts to this project, I commend you.

For Kathryn, I also commend you for taking this project so far. Whether or not you ever complete this project, what you have done is extraordinarily impressive. Congratulations.

[This message has been edited by dwc309 (edited 02-17-2018).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[i][/i]

Originally posted by dwc309:

To those who have contributed parts to this project, I commend you.

For Kathryn, I also commend you for taking this project so far. Whether or not you ever complete this project, what you have done is extraordinarily impressive. Congratulations.

Yes I think it is very impressive given the work load that young lady has!
SolarDragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SolarDragonSend a Private Message to SolarDragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There comes a time in every adolescents life where the focus of priorities can change. Social patterns, family status, going away to college, starting a business career, buying a new car etc can all have a bearing. While I do not believe Kathryn owes most of us anything, it would be nice if she just posted the end result of her project. If she does fine and if not just consider this post closed and move on.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has take me an average of 6-7 years to do a full restoration on a project car so why should I be surprised if other people take a while to complete their own projects. I hope that Kathryn can eventually complete her project but she is at a point in life where things are subject to rapid change, money may be scarce, and time is limited. I wish this enterprising young lady the best whether or not she ever completes the car build.

Nelson
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2018 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
? THE END
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had communicated with them via email and phone back when this project first got off the ground and provided some material assistance to them, so I felt that I wasn't just an onlooker and had some personal involvement and there was no problem in contacting them again.

Shortly after Nelson posted, I sent Mitch and Kathryn each an email asking them to give us the status of the project so that everyone who had followed and supported them could have some closure. Their response was......................................

Sadly, for the project, yes, it looks like it's THE END.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had communicated with them via email and phone back when this project first got off the ground and provided some material assistance to them, so I felt that I wasn't just an onlooker and had some personal involvement and there was no problem in contacting them again.

Shortly after Nelson posted, I sent Mitch and Kathryn each an email asking them to give us the status of the project so that everyone who had followed and supported them could have some closure. Their response was......................................

Sadly, for the project, yes, it looks like it's THE END.

See and here's the thing for us older members on here, new people ask "what has changed"? "This forum is the same as it has always been". The thing that has changed is that newer members on here subscribe, ask a handful of questions, MAYBE start a build thread, and then disappear. It's actually sad. Back in the day, you couldn't even miss a day without a thread being shifted to the 2nd page. You had to literally chase a thread if you wanted to keep up. Now, it sits on the main page for days. Sad

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-01-2018).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reasons for the decline in activity are posted many times on this foru , but likely nothing to do with what happened here. I wonder what they did with the car?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-01-2018).]

SolarDragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2019 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SolarDragonSend a Private Message to SolarDragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
Just a guy with a stalled project hoping for a smile.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's unfortunate that this popular restoration thread appears to have just petered out, but none of us should be too harsh in our perceived assessment of the situation. We don't know what goes on in the private lives of other people. Maybe there have been serious health issues, perhaps even a death in the family. We just don't know.

In the grand scheme of things, tinkering on an old car (and posting about it here) can become pretty low on a list of priorities when life (and/or just spare time!) becomes more of a challenge.
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

The reasons for the decline in activity are posted many times on this foru , but likely nothing to do with what happened here. I wonder what they did with the car?

If it's anything like my project, I'm trying to sell it off.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing how this thread still has tons of interest, I'll just put this link here. This is her home phone number.
https://kathryndimariaportf....com/contact-me.html

I don't really understand why she would post all of her personal info on the internet but someone can feel free to call and ask what happened with this project.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-26-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I don't really understand why she would post all of her personal info on the internet...

Yeah, probably not the best idea for anyone, let alone a young woman. I hope her family owns a very large dog with a nasty disposition towards strangers.
PFF
System Bot
montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just let it go! Even though she has this info posted, I hope no one bothers her or calls her. There are people on here who feel they are owed something and I hope they don’t bombard this young lady.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT, I had sent emails and called her and her father (left voicemails) some time ago and asked them to give us some closure because of all the PFF folks wanting to know what happened. Never got a response from either.

Maybe something did happen, as was previously suggested, or maybe they're just too embarrased to discuss a failed project after so much publicity and product support.

It is best that we just let it go. I doubt we'll ever find out anything unless someone runs across something elsewhere.
mjnyc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjnycSend a Private Message to mjnycEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To find out what Ms. DiMaria is doing nowadays, see https://www.hercampus.com/author/kathryn-dimaria
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2019 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The family left this hanging. It is what it is. MANY builds go south. Eh.

The young lady seemed to move on to other things. Political and all.
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
The young lady seemed to move on to other things. Political and all.

Nobody saw that coming (Said no one ever)
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reading her bio, she feels that the United States of America does not treat her fairly because of her dual citizenship status. Not my words, but hers. 😑
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is this car restoration thread all of a sudden becoming something that belongs in O/T?

The young lady has moved on. She has that right. No need to start criticizing her now.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT, I had sent emails and called her and her father (left voicemails) some time ago and asked them to give us some closure because of all the PFF folks wanting to know what happened. Never got a response from either.

Maybe something did happen, as was previously suggested, or maybe they're just too embarrassed to discuss a failed project after so much publicity and product support.

It is best that we just let it go. I doubt we'll ever find out anything unless someone runs across something elsewhere.

I agree just let it all go and move on with life. Even with all of the assistance given, the project was likely never completed. Guess: Kathryn got a new car from her parents and lost interest in working on the Fiero.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2019 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly wish her and the family the best. I have no pony in this game, just relaying information. Carry on...
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock