Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 11)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027959 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Posted by ne1245 on Jalop...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn: Congratulations on being on Jalopnik. Just so you know that it is also on Gizmodo which has links to Jalopnik. Here is a link to that http://gizmodo.com/

It is at the bottom of the page under the Jalopnik postings.
michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much, whoever was responsible for putting this together, and for bringing it to our attention!

-MH aka Dad
FieroFan81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFan81Send a Private Message to FieroFan81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Kathryn, you are on Jalopnik.com. And yes, that's awesome! That is where I learned of this thread... and I look forward to following your progress over the next few years as you continue to build what will undoubtedly be a really cool Fiero. I spent the last several hours enthralled and amazed by this thread, catching up on what you have done so far... and might I add that you are doing an awesome job.

I am amazed and inspired by what you are doing with your Fiero. I think that you are a pretty awesome kid, and are certainly a shining jewel of your generation. The dedication you are putting into every step, making sure things are done right, is inspiring. I'll admit you have humbled me, as I have always wanted to do what you are doing, but have always found reasons to not do so, and now I'm being shown up by a 13 year old girl (no offense meant)! I have no excuses now (lol)!

Keep at it, I can't wait to see the day when the car is finished!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:

Thanks so much, whoever was responsible for putting this together, and for bringing it to our attention!

-MH aka Dad

Glad you and Kathryn are happy with the Jalopnik story. I sent them a link to this thread last week via their tips email. Then I was worried you might not want the attention.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
88 Yellow GT

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 04-16-2012).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With over 30,000 hits on this thread, why worry about another 100K on Jalopnik? You're already popular, Kathryn.
DanielAndrade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielAndradeSend a Private Message to DanielAndradeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Kathryn, you 're doing a great job with your Fiero.
I see your history in jalopnik and I very surprised how you 're doing the restoration and I can't wait to see the car is finished
You and the car are AMAZING!

**in fact im a little bit jelous, 'cos in brazil cars are too expensive, new or used. Old cars (90's ~~ 80's) cost around 6500 dollars. My dream it's restore a car, just like you, and I expect do something like this one day!

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you're still working hard on this car! Keep on going!

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! This is really a great story. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration. Keep going! With determination an a vision any goal is possible.

I'm just really impressed.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the story on Jalopnik as well, it's nice to see someone in your generation so dedicated to a project! This brings a cool "new" light to our beloved "Fiero" family and heritage.
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for their kind words of encouragement for Kathryn. I thought you all might like to know as well that she has been invited to do a radio interview with Bob Rivers tomorrow 4/18 at 7:35 PCT on the project. She is excited and nervous all at the same time.
http://www.bobrivers.com/#v11974

-MH aka Kathryn's Dad
PFF
System Bot
SweetMacaroni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SweetMacaroniSend a Private Message to SweetMacaroniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I created an account just so I can tell you how amazing this all is!

@michhiker28: You did a good job raising your daughter, can be proud

@Kathryn: You are by far the coolest 14 years old I've ever heard of! The project is just plain amazing!! Wish you all the good luck, Quebec City is looking forward for that car!

[This message has been edited by SweetMacaroni (edited 04-17-2012).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really cool to follow, Nice Work!

Terry

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

michfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Karthryn...way to go!

Greetings from Plymouth! We're a two Fiero family and I have a few parts laying around...you or you Dad can PM me if you are looking for something in particular.

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everybody!
thank you all who have supported, continue to support, and those who just joined for all of your encouragement and help.
i just want to let you all know that i don't think that i have done this all my self, everybody on this thread, at home, and hundreds of others have helped me along.
Thank you.
Very soon i will be welding some stuff in my trunk...don't ask me what i'm not really that sure...but my dad knows so it's all good...
Thanks again everybody, and thank you for all your posts and assistance!!
-kathryn
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, what's it like to be famous?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Kathryn,

Congrats on making it onto Jalopnik!
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen

Thanks to FieroSTETZ for finding the Jalop post.

Nice score! Congratulations Kathryn!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh. Found an article on Yahoo! linking here. Very nice.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs...-16th-222215394.html

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 04-17-2012).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great stuff! Really awesome job for someone such as yourself, at 14 I sure wasn't as into cars as much as you are now. But when I got my first Fiero at 16, I became obsessed with it and here I am now, 4 years and 4 engine swaps later. It's a really awesome feeling, to drive around in a car that you can say you built yourself. It gives a feeling of pride and accomplishment that very little else can give you, and certainly makes all the hard work, money, and frustration worth it. That is my piece of advice, if you ever get so incredibly frustrated from things repeatedly not working or a big let down on something, just walk away and do something else. It happens, I have been there more times then I care to remember with these Fieros, I have times were I wanted to sell everything and/or destroy it from such frustration. But I dealt with it all, and I'm glad I never did anything drastic like that.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 04-18-2012).]

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kathryn:

hey everybody!
thank you all who have supported, continue to support, and those who just joined for all of your encouragement and help.
i just want to let you all know that i don't think that i have done this all my self, everybody on this thread, at home, and hundreds of others have helped me along.
Thank you.
Very soon i will be welding some stuff in my trunk...don't ask me what i'm not really that sure...but my dad knows so it's all good...
Thanks again everybody, and thank you for all your posts and assistance!!
-kathryn

Hey pretty cool that you are wrenching and doing work on your own car. For some reason the pictures are not showing up for me, but I look forward to seeing the finished product.

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

FieroFan81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFan81Send a Private Message to FieroFan81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:

Thanks to everyone for their kind words of encouragement for Kathryn. I thought you all might like to know as well that she has been invited to do a radio interview with Bob Rivers tomorrow 4/18 at 7:35 PCT on the project. She is excited and nervous all at the same time.
http://www.bobrivers.com/#v11974

-MH aka Kathryn's Dad

Is that 7:35 AM or 7:35 PM? I'm assuming PM...?

[This message has been edited by FieroFan81 (edited 04-18-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Heh. Found an article on Yahoo! linking here. Very nice.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs...-16th-222215394.html

Which is why the image server is currently down. The extra traffic to this thread (and all its images) brought the image server to its knees!

(I temporarily routed the images back to the PFF server so at least the images in this thread show up)
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's great that an individual in the Fiero community is again being recognized for dedicating their time to keep another Fiero on the road. You're going to really enjoy the car when it's completed, now that it has the attention that it has since everyone will now know "Kathryn, the girl with the Fiero."

And Cliff, I think you're about to get a burst of new forum account creations

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 04-18-2012).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It goes without saying.... The view count for this thread would jump a bit with the publicity you are receiving Kathryn...

You had approximately 30,000 views when the story broke on Jalop, as of this post, you are at 64744 including my view so I could post this.

More than double within a few very short days.

Good luck on your interview this morning.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff I am sooo sorry,
I didn't know, that this was going to happen it just came up out of the blue!!! I'm truly sorry for making the pictures not show up!!
Thank you for saving my pictures for my thread, still sorry about the server though.

Also thank you everybody, it's cool to see this project take off like this.
And it is at 7:35 AM PCT by the way for those who are wondering.

Thanks and Sorry!!!
-kathryn
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today is the First Anniversary of this thread. One year for 30,000 hits and one day to double it. Just keep the dedication you've had and don't let the notoriety distract you. I previously mentioned my 12 year old Granddaughter latching claims to my yellow 86SE. She turns 13 next month, and I'm using you as a role model for her. Thank you.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
In the Immortal words of Dude Crush......"You So Totally Rock Squirt!!" Keep on keepin' on and finish that car. I look forward to reading about your first drive in it and can't wait to see your smiling face from the drivers seat going to school or whatnot in your custom built fiero....way to go...peace

Pete

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff I am sooo sorry,
I didn't know, that this was going to happen it just came up out of the blue!!! I'm truly sorry for making the pictures not show up!!
Thank you for saving my pictures for my thread, still sorry about the server though.

No worries Kathryn.

I'll think of something to make sure the servers can handle the load.

You just enjoy your new celeb status!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next time I send a thread to Jalopnik, I will give you a heads up first Cliff

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
88 Yellow GT

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw the frame rust pics a few pages back, here's what I did to fix mine, might give you a few ideas:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121544.html
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you
I'll be sure to check that out.
well i better get off and get ready to get interviewed
-kathryn
p.s. wish me luck
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot all about this thread. Keep it up and don't get discouraged. I got my first Fiero when I was 17. Once you've put time into a fiero you can work on anything. It's a great car to get "creative" with. Good luck!

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well i better get off and get ready to get interviewed
-kathryn
p.s. wish me luck

Good luck with the interview. Jay Leno will probably be calling next.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be interesting to see what the viewer count does while she is on the show.
FieroFan81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFan81Send a Private Message to FieroFan81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the interview, Kathryn!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonderful job! If my math is correct, you'll be 16 in 2014. It's not too early to begin planning your trip to attend the 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Car Show. Feel free to extend the invitation to your parents as well, even if they are Corvette fans. They can put a sign in the window that says: "My other car is a Fiero." Keep up the great work.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 04-18-2012).]

COUNTIBLIS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for COUNTIBLISSend a Private Message to COUNTIBLISEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to come back and say awesome job. Way to represent and keep up the good work!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Four hours later, and the view count has gone up by another 20,000 people.

83958 as of this post.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My daughter just sent me this link http://www.tecca.com/news/2...tiac-fiero-teen-car/

The story seems to be everywhere!
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock