Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero (Page 32)

Printable Version

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
12 year olds and cars - Kathryn's Fiero by michhiker28
Started on: 04-18-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 1742 (1027963 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-13-2024 03:58 AM
michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here are some new toys that the big brown santa truck dropped off for Kathryn today:

You'll note that center hub section is yellow and black

Those are going to look awesome when the Firestones are mounted. I think she did pretty well there.

-MH
IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Chevy volt?! No kidding, wow. $40k car for a week, nice.
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet wheels! Kinda reminds me of the new McLaren P1 wheels.
The KZ line is very nice choice! Can't wait to see them on the car!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, I so look forward to your and your father's posts. It is so uplifting to see a young woman doing such interesting things and then the amazing things that are happening in your life because of who you are just become more amazing. I love what you are doing with your artistic talent, your determination and drive and soon you too will be able to drive that Fiero you are putting so much love and effort into. Keep up the great work and enjoy the life that is unfolding in-front of you.
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone!!!
so i took down some of the new "shiny bling" to the engines-r-us place and he's finishing the bore...and then going to clean it all up.
he promised to call when it was finished!!!
Also i've been working on creating necklace holders for some people i know...i'm mostly in the designing stage.
and yeah....it's finally stopped snowing.....it's just been raining for like 3 days straight....lol
so yup...don't know what else to talk about sooooo.....if i missed anything just scream....not literally.
ask questions idk.....just let me know if i'm missing anything.
-kathryn
crateenginedepot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn,
Will you be painting your engine?

~Zep
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone would like a figurine created by Kathryn, mine had a little accident. The lights are on, but nobody's home. It's your turn to put a song in his heart and a swing in his step, with just a couple of spot welds. He will hold your rubics cube forever. He's eagerly awaiting his bus ticket to your house. Thank you all for understanding - It will mean so much to him. Shipping to anywhere in the world - if you pay shipping, and I'll even poke some holes in the top so he can breathe along the way.

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 04-17-2013).]

tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4186Nb:

If anyone would like a figurine created by Kathryn, mine had a little accident. The lights are on, but nobody's home. It's your turn to put a song in his heart and a swing in his step, with just a couple of spot welds. He will hold your rubics cube forever. He's eagerly awaiting his bus ticket to your house. Thank you all for understanding - It will mean so much to him. Shipping to anywhere in the world - if you pay shipping, and I'll even poke some holes in the top so he can breathe along the way.

Only crazy people find it next to near impossible to have fun in life.

Awwwwwe noo ! I carry mine around like its an egg, she made one for me similar to yours. I goes from coffee table to garage to my desk at work. I painted mine the same color I did my console plates in my White GT, ford mocha frost metallic. He likes it.

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, and he's in pieces over it. Literally. Thanks for the reply, tntcary, but you already have one! I'm sure some younger person would love to own one, and this one is free, (shipping excluded.) I have a link online for a secure payment with shipping attached to anywhere in the world.

PFF
System Bot
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previously asked: Does anyone know which picture website I could use to post a GIF image to so it will play here?

(Thanks to DBurger, I started using Photobucket, and it's working. I have an animated gif below too)

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 04-20-2013).]

hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4186Nb what did you use to do the animation and how did you save it? Should work as an amimation if saved as a GIF file.
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hershy314 I used Photoshop for the layers, and ImageReady to create the animated Gif. I can view it on my computer, but when I save it to Flikr, I don't think Flikr saves it as a gif. I guess what I'm asking is, Is there a website that allows me to save it as an animated gif, so I can post it? (It's an animation of this Fiero in several paint schemes - yellow and black.)
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hershy314 I used Photoshop for the layers, and ImageReady to create the animated Gif. I can view it on my computer, but when I save it to Flikr, I don't think Flikr saves it as a gif. I guess what I'm asking is, Is there a website that allows me to save it as an animated gif, so I can post it? (It's an animation of this Fiero in several paint schemes - yellow and black.)

Photobucket works great for me when I use smileys from other forums on another forum
hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What version of Photoshop are you using? If you want you can send me the psd file and I'll see what I can do
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photobucket works great for me when I use smileys from other forums on another forum

Dburger, I'll try it - thanks!

What version of Photoshop are you using? If you want you can send me the psd file and I'll see what I can do

hershy314, I'm using CS2, personal preference, although I have CS3, but the layers aren't a problem, it's the photo site. I'm going to try photobucket really quick, if that doesn't work, the file is 74 MB, so sending it might be a problem. Maybe I should make it smaller...
hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hershy314, I'm using CS2, personal preference, although I have CS3, but the layers aren't a problem, it's the photo site. I'm going to try photobucket really quick, if that doesn't work, the file is 74 MB, so sending it might be a problem. Maybe I should make it smaller...

I haven't used CS2 or CS3, I have CS6. Is there a save to web option or just a normal save as? (sorry of jackin the thread, just tryin help)
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, it worked! Thanks Dburger!

I'm not sure which front end you are using Kathryn, but I thought you'd like to see what your car would look like with different paint schemes. Let me know if you want to see it with flames or some other layout or design.) Click the image below to see the pic.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 04-17-2013).]

4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4186Nb

34 posts
Member since Jan 2013
No problem hershy314, I appreciate all the help, I did ask after all. Anyway, we got it to work. Thanks
hershy314

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hershy314Click Here to visit hershy314's HomePageSend a Private Message to hershy314Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem hershy314, I appreciate all the help, I did ask after all. Anyway, we got it to work. Thanks

I don't see the animation even trying to open it on a separate window doesn't work

nevermind finally works my bad, pretty cool

[This message has been edited by hershy314 (edited 04-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbSend a Private Message to 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4186Nb

34 posts
Member since Jan 2013
If anyone would like a figurine created by Kathryn, mine had a little accident; One of my friends came over with his son - and while I was not watching, my friends' son thought my figurine was a G.I. Joe, and moved the arms and legs until they broke.

I am sending the figurine back to Kathryn, as she has said she will repair it for free - and she will send it to whomever would like it - for the cost of shipping, (as I no longer need it, I no longer have a smartphone for it to hold).

This figurine (seen in picture above, holding an iPhone,) was custom-made by Kathryn to my exact specifications - and it worked very well. It holds any type of smartphone, while charging or while texting. Please feel free to request it from Kathryn if you would like it.

Thank you Kathryn!

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 04-19-2013).]

jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll buy it to add to my collection.
PM sent to mitch
Jim

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
4186Nb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4186NbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4186Nb

34 posts
Member since Jan 2013
the figurine is being shipped to Kathryn for repairs. Thank you everyone.

[This message has been edited by 4186Nb (edited 04-20-2013).]

mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathryn, Will you be painting your engine when it comes back?
~Zep
Shoshe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShosheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been watching this forum for quite some time now. Kathryn, you and your whole family are a inspiration. But I'm not telling you anything you haven't heard. I built my first truck at age 16, from the frame up, it wasn't the best truck in the world but it was mine, built with my hands. There's a special feeling between a car and its builder. I am 40 now, and still kick myself for selling that truck. Your story has inspired me to again start working on my Mustang (a 1990 GT) that has been neglected in storage for a few years, maybe my 7 year old will help. Maybe I should have him read this. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. Good luck from Maine!!!
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are still here, just been really busy with school. Some new parts are coming soon, and the block should be back from machining soon so then Kathryn can start working on putting that together. Also time to start the fiberglass. In the next couple weEks the fun part starts! Putting it all back together

-MH
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hellllooo everyone...
in terms of painting the engine....i think i might...not entirely sure yet though. Opinions?
i'm really happy that spring is here!! it's finally getting warmer!!! which means i can get moving along with the car stuff again...
winters just take away so much of my time...grrr.
thank you all for everything!!!
good luck with all your projects new or old!
-kathryn
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely paint the engine. I vote the late 60's Pontiac engine blue, like the '69 Pontiac GTO Judge. Or just gloss black.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you decide to paint your engine, pay a visit to your local "Automotive Painters Supply" Store (the guys who supply body shops), they carry metal prep solutions that will greatly improve paint adhesion. Typically is a clear liquid that you brush onto clean part, keep it wet for 5-10 minutes and rinse off with water. It sets up a crystalline bonded structure on metal surface. Let dry for a reasonable amount of time and it's ready to paint.

They also carry a different metal prep for aluminum which works the same way, in case you decide to paint any aluminum parts.

These preps are great for getting the longest life out of the paint job.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 04-29-2013).]

kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome paint it is...thanks everyone!
um...i don't know what else to talk about really other than i just finished a paper for english
my topic was automotive engineering...it was fun!! took forever to find all the info though!
still making my little people...as my dad said should be getting on with the engine soon.
any other questions that you want me to answer?
-kathryn
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to a poster here, Kathryn was able to update some pieces that needed updating, or at least won't have to try to fix, mend, repair some others. Thank you so much for thinking of her! Today the big brown Santa truck, brought some intriguing brown boxes...

Inside of box number one we find a nearly new clutch and flywheel....yummy!

Inside box number two, a new evap canister, air cleaner box, air hoses, and cruise control module....NICE! These were REALLY ratty on her class. She was working on cleaning the old ones up, but it would have never come out like this!

and some nice new lines!!

These arrived after Kathryn's last post, so I am sure you will be hearing a BIG THANK YOU from her soon!!!!!

--MH
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bubble wrap should keep dad busy making noise for a while if nothing else.

Shoshe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShosheSend a Private Message to ShosheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, just yesterday I was telling a friend of mine "people who work in bubble wrap factories must have the highest amount of self control on the planet"
kathryn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kathrynClick Here to visit kathryn's HomePageSend a Private Message to kathrynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah hi everyone!!!

loved those last two posts btw (i love them all tho!) they made me laugh quite a bit!!!

also yes...i really want to thank everyone who has offered support online, through the online store, or by sending me marvelous gifts of other sorts!!!

thank you so much to the poster who sent me those packages and thank you to everyone for all that you do!!
all of the support on this forum makes me feel like i have another family...thank you.
i wish you all luck on any projects (car related or otherwise)

now onto updates...soon i should be getting the engine back and then i'll be busy putting it all back together and praying i don't mess anything up...lol
of course now the weather's nice it's time for sanding again....uggg! ( i don't necessarily LIKE sanding...in fact i loathe it!) oh well it all needs done as my dad likes to tell me.

again thank you all...have a great evening!
-kathryn
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awww wait until tomorrow.. your going to be exhausted.

[This message has been edited by crateenginedepot (edited 05-02-2013).]

Shoshe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShosheSend a Private Message to ShosheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't agree more, sanding is the worst. But it's a necessary evil. The better the sanding job comes out, the better your paint's going to look. I remember back some time ago you had some friends and you were showing them how to do an oil change. Maybe it's time to show them how to sand, lighten your load just a little bit.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 44 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock