Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Show off your custom rims here! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Show off your custom rims here! by pacethis
Started on: 06-29-2005 01:29 AM
Replies: 814 (142320 views)
Last post by: Australian on 11-07-2023 03:10 AM
fierogt3800

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

What is the offset of these wheels?

I noticed that too. thats the fattest lip ive seen under a stock body. i like the style too. very lamboish, those would look great on my Artero. anyone know the brand and model?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd

thread here: [URL=//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058999.html[/URL] 85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible (sold to finish SBC swap)

IP: Logged
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt3800

1410 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

I noticed that too. thats the fattest lip ive seen under a stock body. i like the style too. very lamboish, those would look great on my Artero. anyone know the brand and model?

Ok i found them , they are Niche Shock's I just cant find a distribitor.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

Ok i found them , they are Niche Shock's I just cant find a distribitor.

Any idea on offset on a 10" wide wheel that will fit?
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Any idea on offset on a 10" wide wheel that will fit?

well one inch is 25.4mm and its a 254mm wide wheel. and looks like it has about a 4 inch lip. but i think the only real way to messure is from the hub its self

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 07-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snippets from the MI 2006 show.

Nice rollers:

FieroFarmGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFarmGirlSend a Private Message to FieroFarmGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ ^ ^ ^

Thats "theCage" 's car.

He took home the award for best wheels at that show.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nippon Light Stars ..only 17 lbs a piece
17x7.5 42mm 215/45/17 front, 17x8 42mm 255/40/17 rear

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 09-28-2010).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sneak preview:

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

sneak preview:

265s? Those are not wide enough

BTW, how much does the rim weigh?

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 08-05-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

265s? Those are not wide enough

BTW, how much does the rim weigh?

I know it's not a widebody

I don't know about the rim alone, but the rim + tire + 5 lugs weighs 63 1/2 lbs.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know it's not a widebody

I don't know about the rim alone, but the rim + tire + 5 lugs weighs 63 1/2 lbs.

wow ..thats almost 30lbs more than my rears weigh !! And you probably have huge rotors too..what are you running for an engine?

PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sneak preview:

I know what they are! Is it supposed to be a secret? I have a set here in grey. They are a tad heavy, but look great. The brand starts with a T and the model starts with a K! Right, Alex?

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

I know what they are! Is it supposed to be a secret? The brand starts with a T and the model starts with a K! Right, Alex?

Ding, Ding Ding! WE have a winner. Not a secret but this was just a test fit and they fit under stock 88 suspension with no problems.

Erik - these will be powered by a 4.9, but they handle just fine with a 2.8 too.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

. They are a tad heavy

Well at least they will offer up some stored energy once they get rollin ..oh and plenty of bling!
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Damn I was going to buy a set of tsw's but the offset was abit much at 50mm ..of course they were "only" 17s

what are the offsets?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what are the offsets?

The offset is 35 mm

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-05-2006).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The offset is 35 mm

So, as you get bigger and wider the offset gets less in general? Forgive me I am not clued in on big rims ..I do see that it comes with a price ..a bigger lip which can be a good thing depending on your perspective ..BTW I like them deep dish as well as flush..is it possible to get such a big rim that is flush?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, as you get bigger and wider the offset gets less in general?

In general I would say yes.

If the offset stayed the same then as the wheel got 2 inches bigger in width the backspacing would get one inch bigger. At some point the required backspacing would exceed what a normal car could accommodate. So the offset decreases and the wheel doesn't tuck in as much. That is also what allows the wheel to have a bigger lip, (everything else being equal).

For a big wheel to be flush it would have to have a massive positive offset, and it would have a hard time fitting, it would be hitting the strut.

By the way, wheel diameter doesn't really affect wheel fitment all that much. The key there is to keep the wheel/tire combo within a couple of percent the same as stock and you will be fine. On a Fiero, the 88 can accomodate up to about a 27 inch diameter tire/wheel combo. Any bigger and you are going to have problems.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-05-2006).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't afford them but I really like them

Here are my rims and they are 17" Devaj Ronin's

[/QUOTE]

But I have these
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
and
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Originally posted by flyingbob:
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jscott1:

In general I would say yes.

If the offset stayed the same then as the wheel got 2 inches bigger in width the backspacing would get one inch bigger. At some point the required backspacing would exceed what a normal car could accommodate. So the offset decreases and the wheel doesn't tuck in as much. That is also what allows the wheel to have a bigger lip, (everything else being equal).

For a big wheel to be flush it would have to have a massive positive offset, and it would have a hard time fitting, it would be hitting the strut.

By the way, wheel diameter doesn't really affect wheel fitment all that much. The key there is to keep the wheel/tire combo within a couple of percent the same as stock and you will be fine. On a Fiero, the 88 can accomodate up to about a 27 inch diameter tire/wheel combo. Any bigger and you are going to have problems.

thanks for the insight Jscott1 ..That is what I have on mine currently a 27 inch ..a 17 with a 255/50/17 and it fills the wheelwell ..I have had a 235/70/15 thats about as big as I could get within the stock wheelwell ..The main reason I go for the biggest diameter possible is because it gears up my 4.10 FD Muncie trans for mileage purposes..as I progressively move up in wheel size I gain a better aspect ratio which helps handling ..I am not unhappy with my current setup

Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Snippets from the MI 2006 show.

Nice rollers:

Those are two Canadian Fiero owners, the red 86 GT belongs to Gabe, and the 87 rag top is one I sold the wheels to and did the 3800 swap, hes the one hanging into hid trunk and his name is Lothar.

Thanks
Joe

------------------
Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, Racing seats, used Fiero parts, Authorized dealer for MOMO, SSBC, Powerdyne, Magnaflow Exhaust, Prothane, KVR Performance brake's and many more.....

Race-Tech now offers custom exhaust systems for any car or truck up to 3". You bring it we will build it.....

www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com ... NEW E-mail address racetech@bellnet.ca

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ding, Ding Ding! WE have a winner. Not a secret but this was just a test fit and they fit under stock 88 suspension with no problems.

I saw a preview of these and they look sweet! But of course I'm bias. Come'n and post those pics

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I saw a preview of these and they look sweet! But of course I'm bias. Come'n and post those pics

Well, if you insist...

These are the wheels for my chop top, but since it's back at the body shop I thought I would give them a test spin on the t-top...

Also the right rear center cap was missing in this shot...it was broken and I have since replaced it.

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i plan on going with 17 and i saw that miss tress had 17x7 40mm offset ..so if i went this way ..then i would be fine? i have an 86 SE ..i would assume they would fit fine since that is what miss tress used on hers and i read that they fit fine with no rub...so anyone? madcurl ..thanks

matt

i have some rims ..but there off a 91 sunbird i believe ..nothing speical

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to say to all !! Nice Rims and thx for the pic ..Its helpfull to look at them .to what would I would love to buy some day ..thx again ... Rob

Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Newbfiero

2989 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

I like to say to all !! Nice Rims and thx for the pic ..Its helpfull to look at them .to what would I would love to buy some day ..thx again ... Rob

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks great!
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Finnaly got these today.

ASA JS5's, nice choice

------------------

Fiero- mild 2.9 160hp
Caprice- wild 383 500hp
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

NewGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewGTSend a Private Message to NewGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since nobody posted wheels like these yet....

Konig Zeige 17x7's 225/45/17 Rear, 215/40/17 Front

[This message has been edited by NewGT (edited 08-05-2006).]

manofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for manofieroClick Here to visit manofiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to manofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone told you that someone stole all your trim?
NewGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewGTSend a Private Message to NewGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had just finished painting the car the day these photos were taken and hadn't put the trim back on yet. You can see the overspray on the ground by the tires.
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine

Joe
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My new rims fresh out of the box, shipped to Archies for mounting.

Rear 20 X 12

Front 19 X 8.5
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my buddy Roys rims.........18x8 up front and 18x9 rear 38 offsets with 225/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear running on Falkens K451's.

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

My new rims fresh out of the box, shipped to Archies for mounting.

Rear 20 X 12

Front 19 X 8.5

What is the offset on those?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dmancheno:

What is the offset on those?

The front rims have an 35mm offset, the rears were based off of madcurl's 20 X 11 rims with an extra 1/4" in and 3/4" out to give the extra inch. For some strange reason HRE does not give out the true measurements but they keep them on record. 345/25/20 will go on the rear and 245/30/19 will go on the front.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-06-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
245/30/19 on 19x8.5 35mm

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

235/35-19s on 19 x 8 /35 mm offset on the front and my steering effort is half what it was with the 17s. I can tell you with 88s offset is everything.
Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dunno what brand/make they are. They just say S4 in the middle. 17". Came on the car, i like them, but they could be shinier....

[This message has been edited by Disillusion (edited 08-13-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock