Started on: 11-27-2004 07:24 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: stimpy on 11-29-2004 06:54 PM
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2004 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DelawareFiero:

Stimpy,
By choosing to go to the bizzaro forum you are in fact supporting them. The bizzaro members "were" members here who could not keep there mouth shut. They put themselves before the forum. There are plenty of things people want to say, but dont because its something called respect. Those banned members didnt have any. So by you going to the other bizzaro forum and trying to make it a legit place is derespecting this place by supporting troublemakers.

Why does the fact that some people have "information" to share exclude them from acting decent? Who cares how much someone supposedly knows if they are an as$hole about it?? Trying to make a good technical resource out of the bad kids tree house makes no sense to me. SH/JM were posting questions in tech just like anyone else. Well SH had some awesome DREMEL work They know so much yet they arent running anything special in there Fieros????

That's the thing. This forum has been taken over by newbs who want to tell the rest of us how to conduct ourselves. In reality, we were doing just fine in the 4 years before you joined. I think more people have been banned in the past month then all 5 years the forum has been going. I don't approve of people making attacks on people's family members, and you won't catch me participating in that. The folks on Howards forum know that, and I believe that for the most part they respect it. There are quite a few members there that are not banned members here. Just as Avengador1, Fiero5, and many more PFF members are participants at fiero.com. To say that anyone on Howard's forum is evil just because the have a name that is provoking is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. These are people that I have known on this forum for quite some time, and have gotten sick and tired of coming up on the unpopular (but in many cases- correct) side of an argument. If I choose to participate there, it's none of your business.

IP: Logged
DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

That's the thing. This forum has been taken over by newbs who want to tell the rest of us how to conduct ourselves. In reality, we were doing just fine in the 4 years before you joined.

If I choose to participate there, it's none of your business.

I joined in 2002 thanks. Just because someone has senority doesnt mean they can act a certain way.

Yeah Shaun was banned before....thats why is was sooo great.

You're right its none of my business.

shoulda said..........my .02.

------------------
PLANKTON FOR PRESIDENT 2008 :D

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Oh man, those were the days.......Good times.

Sigh, you remember them too, eh? Ahhhhhhhh

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Good point Formula. I didn't miss that, but you were able to put it words much better then I could. I look one step further in that progression, and offer that someone will see an improper message where there is none based on who the messenger is (or in this case who they think it may be).

Very true. That all goes back to the psychology I mentioned.
The way it was explained to me was to imagine our interactions based on a dart board. You start with a regular size board when you meet someone new. The more friendly you are with someone, the larger the board. If you don't like the person, the smaller the board. Any type of comment or interaction is like throwing a dart on the board. The more outrageous or objectionable, the farther from the center of the board. If you're friendly, the board is big enough and you still hit the target. If you're antagonistic towards the person, the board is much smaller and you miss the target.

If you think someone is someone else, then you have made an assumption and the board will be sized accordingly. This is the basis for many prejudices in society. It's not inherintly bad or evil. It's human nature. We all "pre-judge" things based on our experiences. In that regard we are all prejudiced to a certain extent. It's up to each of us to look beyond the initial assumptions and try to see the real message.

In the cases of John and Shaun, they both had lots of technical knowledge to offer, but their abrasive behavior and lashing out against people far outweighed any benefit they brought to the forum, IMO. Enough people agreed with me for them to be banned - twice.

I remember when Stimpy created the Maniak account. It was obvious to me he was just poking fun and being silly, so there wasn't any offense at any of his remarks. Had I not realized who Maniak was, I might have reacted differently.

You have to admit it's ironic that you used Maniak to make a point with Steve considering the first thing I remember Maniak ever posting was if he could put Nitrous on his Duke. (and that was years ago, before any of the recent crap)

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 11-28-2004).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DelawareFiero:
The bizzaro members "were" members here who could not keep there mouth shut. They put themselves before the forum. There are plenty of things people want to say, but dont because its something called respect. Those banned members didnt have any.

I'd like to expand on that point. I did some reading and posting over there in the Garbage Can Forum. They were whining and crying about how this forum sucks and they got banned because they couldn't speak their minds (because of the ratings bar/meter). You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned respect. They have NO CLUE about respect, restraint and decorum, and try to turn it into a lack of freedom of speech.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Well Stimpy, here I am sitting here red faced once again. It's the whole Darlene syndrome. Open mouth before you know all the details and insert foot very far into my mouth. Someday I should just realize I shouldn't open my mouth, or maybe I should just shove it way down there so I suffocate myself and can't make a fool out of myself once again.

Here is my apology. Stimpy, I'm sorry for coming out and misjudging your character. I did jump to conclusions and for that I am truly sorry. I actually didn't think you were trying to cheat money from people here. I did know in my heart that you wanted to do something for Jose out of the goodness of your heart but then my head seemed to kick in and put doubt in my thoughts. I should just go with my instincts and realize that you are a good person. Not many people would try to do that for a little boy. I'm ashamed that I thought of you that way and I am truly sorry. And boy do I type things that people can take two different ways.

I realize you probably don't want to get to know me.........but I guess I would like to get to know the real Stimpy if that's okay with you.

I'm sending you a pm.

A noble thing, this way comes.
True of heart, open mind.
One class act, Darlene.
Follow freely.

(would that be considered poetry? Some strange form of Haiku?)
Sure feels like it............

*Edited For: Wrong Emoticon

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 11-28-2004).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

This might be it...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20020208-2-011243.html

Notice that it took about 45 minutes for Black88GT to unmask me, and a couple more days for some other people to read all the posts before they replied!

LOL - those were the days. But hey wait, I thought you were trying to DEFRAUD the Fiero community with MULTIPLE handles thus creating a glitch in the matrix and ruining the world as we know it!!

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Oh my goodness Joe (Akursed) you're still here! Wow...who woulda thought!

Dar - you should send Stimpy cookies :-)

Jen

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Oh my goodness Joe (Akursed) you're still here! Wow...who woulda thought!

Dar - you should send Stimpy cookies :-)

Jen

Yeah, I'm still around, just don't post much anymore, not that I ever really have.

trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2004 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerDirect Link to This Post
i remember when stimpy built his first footwell sub enclosure and emailed me step by step instructions. he's always been a good guy in my book.

delaware fiero, who made you god? have you ever looked in tech on the other forum. there are posts in there that are really informative. they wouldn't fly here, because they talk about something other than v8 or 3.x swaps. we even talk about other types of cars. gasp. there are plenty of members over there who aren't banned members here. myself included.

------------------
88 fiero coupe. 2.8/5 spd (last driven sept 02)
90 eclipse. 4g63t, the replacement for displacement

PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Wheres that post where Maniak was saying something about not knowing how to type, and writing on the screen with crayon. One of my all time favorite Quotes.
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

That's the thing. This forum has been taken over by newbs who want to tell the rest of us how to conduct ourselves. In reality, we were doing just fine in the 4 years before you joined. I think more people have been banned in the past month then all 5 years the forum has been going. I don't approve of people making attacks on people's family members, and you won't catch me participating in that. The folks on Howards forum know that, and I believe that for the most part they respect it. There are quite a few members there that are not banned members here. Just as Avengador1, Fiero5, and many more PFF members are participants at fiero.com. To say that anyone on Howard's forum is evil just because the have a name that is provoking is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. These are people that I have known on this forum for quite some time, and have gotten sick and tired of coming up on the unpopular (but in many cases- correct) side of an argument. If I choose to participate there, it's none of your business.

First, I think it would be just as fair to say that some of you "oldies" have been trying to tell the rest of the members (new or otherwise) how to conduct themselves as well. It goes both ways in this case my friend. I remember the old days too and I would think that PFF wouldn't be the same without many of the older members like you Stimpy. But I also remember back when the few and far between nasty insulting posts were done just by the trolls too. Lately it seems that has changed a little as we have seen from time to time a few who would be considered by many to be "good" members saying things and acting at times as bad as the trolls did. Hopefully that too will change for the better as well.

Jeff, you state that you challenge anyone to find what you said as maniak to be any different than anything you ever said as Stimpy. If that is true, then why did you even post anything as Maniak at all and not as Stimpy? The reason is quite obvious. It was because you knew many members didn't know or wouldn't catch on it was you hiding under that "old" user id and you played the roll of troll to try and make a point hiding behind it. But in trying to stir up some trouble to make your point it backfired on you instead and you got your hand slapped and had your "other" id taken away. I'm sure many will agree that at some point in our lives we have all said or done something we later regreted. I know I have and will big enough to say so.
But now you seem to be all upset at anyone who speaks up about how they would like the forum to be or has ever ruffled your feathers. It's seems that lately you have been more edgy than usual, more abbrassive and preachy. Whatever the reasons why I would like to ask as someone who for the most part enjoys most of your posts on here to maybe step back for a moment, take a deep breath and then try and see again the big picture of what PFF is really here for. I believe it is not here just for mostly the older or what some might call "original" members to enjoy, but for all members new and old to enjoy. With more members though comes more diversity, more opinions and so more of a variety and depth in the forum which we have all seen more and more of in the past few years. But I'm sure you knew this allready, though maybe you had gotten a bit off track lately because of a few members like A1 who got under your skin. It's going to happen from time to time as PFF has continued to grow and so has become an even larger and diverse groupe. Growth is usually a good thing though sometimes at some expense too I guess.

Yes there was a lot of banning lately but the signs were on the wall for that to happen at some point anyway and I don't think anyone here was surprised at all by those who finally got the boot. Even those who got the boot I bet weren't actually surprised. I think everyone here still agrees good riddence to those few who were. I think we will all agree that PFF is now a much better place again because of it and maybe even a little bit more like the "old" days again in some respects?

Stimpy, you and I have had our differences in the past between us and have since come to understand each other better and were able to then move on. I hope that is still the case now
As for you and your recent dealings with A1 and I'm sure a few others, you have to admit that you did pretty much bring a lot of it onto yourself. As for the rest of what you got afterwards all I can say to you is take the same advice you kept telling me not that long ago when I had a few chasing me around. Be the bigger man (no pun intended in your case).

I think what we as a forum should be doing now is exactly what jetman stated above:

Personally, I say its time to give this a rest. The major trouble makers have decided to leave, we should be able to talk Fiero's and have some fun around here. C'mon everyone, lets drop this now already and be friends or at least tolerate each other here. Never think that I would long for an old fashioned knock down, drag out, flame war over politics or religion. May I please suggest moving on for the sake of some peace and relative quiet?

jetman

Now this is just my 2 cents on this whole recent escapade so don't anyone get all teary eyed or ruffled the wrong way by it

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 11-29-2004).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy, haven't you had enough fun at other people's expense for one month? Can't you and your alter ego give it a rest?

Avengador1 has been one of the most prolific and consistently good contributors to the forum. It's not like your bashing a dickhead like....nevermind.

Just end this now...please.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Stimpy, haven't you had enough fun at other people's expense for one month? Can't you and your alter ego give it a rest?

Avengador1 has been one of the most prolific and consistently good contributors to the forum. It's not like your bashing a dickhead like....nevermind.

Just end this now...please.

Uh, who's the thread starter on this thread? And on this thread? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/028379.html and on this thread? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/028232.html

I think your getting it backwards. Maniak is gone, and if you read my archived posts you'll see that I asked Cliff to deactivate Maniak 4 years ago.

What exactly am I supposed to end?

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

What exactly am I supposed to end?

You can stop posting on this subject. You like getting in the last word. Fine, whatever. Post a last post then let this topic die. Fair enough?

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
10 people posted on this thread since my previous to last post. Getting the last word in? Really Todd, you make it really hard to find some redeeming quality in you sometimes. Maybe you should give it a rest, too.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock