Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Norm's offical build thread here! (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Norm's offical build thread here! by rverhalen
Started on: 04-14-2005 02:57 PM
Replies: 340
Last post by: whereatt on 11-07-2007 05:40 PM
rverhalen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

The headlight are really bright and look good on the road at night! Damn nice product Norm

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

IP: Logged
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
I will post tomorrow some daylight shots of the hood up and looking down on the car. Other things for everyone.
I have had a lot of requests for above shots / side shot / angle shots etc.

So We are almost done with this thread except for the 12 inch brakes coming from WCF, they should be here tomorrow and then I will install them and this is done for a while. (yea right)

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments and words of encouragement. You guys are the best

Talk to you soon,

Robert Ver Halen

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely stunning especially the dash .
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rverhalen:

Should be a fun time for both Norm and I during this process. We are putting Norm up at our home during this. Yes my wife will spoil him while he is here. She is like that!

WOW! I don't know how I missed this thread up until now... 2 questions

1) does Norm make house calls now? and
2) are those headlights part of the deal now with the kit?

That front end completely rocks now!!

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
jscott1,

I just asked Norm if he could do the work and for a fee plus travel expenses we had Norm to ourselfs! The reason I wanted Norm here is he knows his product and could do the work faster and better then I could.

Now for the lights, I think he sells them both ways, one for the Nose you already have or with the Nose that you order all at one time. I do not know the price of the headlight by themself's, but with the kit it was a little more then just the hood itself.

The best person to ask is Norm himself.

Beside, it was nice meeting the man himself and talking about future products and what the new trends were in our hobby etc.

Well worth the money to have Norm come down and do the work. One fine person to deal with. Very professional and great house guest.

Let me know if you need more information

Thanks

Robert Ver Halen

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-16-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I've met Norm and he as an awesome guy. I'd like to bring him to Texas, but I would also have to import someone to cook too

That front end is on my future projects list. Thanks for the info.

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn...!!!

That's gorgeous, Robert. You have every reason to be proud.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
LZeitgeist,

Thanks for the nice words. As you know I am waiting for the rotors now, so the 9 inch rotors will be yours soon

Did you need anything else? Let me know, I also have the amber turn signals I just took out also.

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Can't think of anything else off the top of my head... you've already hooked me up pretty darn good as it is... ::chuckle::

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

LZeitgeist

5662 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Hey there, bud... picked up your new engine stand today.

I'll be bringing it with me on June 4th, so save room in your trunk for the box - it's about the size of a bag of golf clubs.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Man that sure looks good. I know you must be really enjoying it.
PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Black-Azz-GT
Oh hell yes! (that is an understatment)
I just have a lot of ricers wanting to race me at every stop light. Damn that is not what I built her for. I just keep laughing....

LZeitgeist
Sounds good, I hope to have everything done this weekend!

More good times to go!

Robert Ver Halen

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I've met Norm and he as an awesome guy. I'd like to bring him to Texas, but I would also have to import someone to cook too

That front end is on my future projects list. Thanks for the info.

At the Last Daytona show Norm wanted to install a flip kit on #15 but due to my pressing issues I had to pass on it for now. On the other hand, Norm will no doubt be at the next Daytona show? Maybe if several people wanted it done then, he might do it? Other than that, going to the FieroRama or the Dell's show would be a good 2-part adventure.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
That car keeps looking better and better every time I look at it. Nice work Robert .
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
GODFATHER,

Thank you, it has been a lot of work but still more to go. I am getting the white 85 V6 notchback home this weekend that I got for free. Anyway the motor is coming out and I am starting a rebuild on that one and the rest is being sold or thrown away.
Then I am going to cut the car up and make a trailer to match IZA TOY so we have room for the long drives to the shows.

So much to do in such little time. At least it keeps me happy and off the streets. ( My wife just pops her head out the garage door and asks if I am coming to bed tonight )

At 47 I am really enjoying life with my cars and job, life could not get much better.

Thanks

Robert Ver Halen

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Same here. I'm in the garage working on putting my panels back on my car that I just got back from the body shop and my wife peaks in and yells at me to stop drooling . I think she's jealous .But I enjoy it and it keeps me out of trouble.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
THE NEW 12 INCH BRAKE ROTOR'S ARE IN!!!!

Now I would have posted pictures but we are having the floors done in new poly tonight so I can not get to my office to down load the pictures from the camera. Anyway, the parts just arrived and I have 4 new C4 Rotor's with the center hole plugs with the caliper stand off's. I want to paint the centers and the edges before they go on so everything looks perfect.

LZeitgeist,

The rotor's will be coming off this weekend, right after I get the white 85 back from Boone. Costing me a hundred bucks but what the hell the car was free.

The new rotor's are heavy but very nice looking. I did not have them cross drilled since I do not race that would have been a waste of money. I have the new brake pads in and new bolts for the calipers plus the springs and retainers. If you do it, do it right!

I will post pictures of the upgrade on the car and what it looks like. Like I stated before the only thing left is an engine rebuild.
As you already know, LZZeitgeist is bringing me my new engine stand. I wonder what ole Rverhalen is going to do now?
Hmmmmmm only time will tell. All I can say at this point is, it will look sharp, give great gas mileage, fit very well in the back of the Fiero and be full of power for the street. Not too much but enough for daily driving and power.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve for her...

Stay tuned.

Thanks
Robert Ver Halen

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-17-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

LZeitgeist,
The rotor's will be coming off this weekend, right after I get the white 85 back from Boone.

Sounds great - just bring them on June 4th to the Fox & Hound and we'll make our trade.

Not gonna need them before then, and right now dealing with a different problem anyway... waiting for a clutch master cylinder rebuild kit to come in so I can finish rebuilding the clutch hydraulics that crapped out on me over the weekend so I can get my baby back on the road again.

But things are under control... life is purty darn good.

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

That is so sweet. Love the stripes. Got any pics with the nose up and the decklid open?

Pics of the nose tilted?

------------------

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Bonzo,

Sorry you did ask for those pictures.... I got so wrapped up in the new brakes that I was like a kid at Christmas... forgot.
I promise to take pictures of the hood up and trunk and doors and even roll her on her back to scratch her belly....LOL

Could not resist that one

Till tomorrow

Robert Ver Halen

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep this at the top.

Dave

PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
OK another update,

The rotor's are going on in the AM so anyone that has requested pictures will see her in her full glory tomorrow.
New 12" rotor's / New pin's / New bolt's / New pad's / New center ring's / New lug's....

Can not wait to test those puppies out, so much fun.

Watch for the video coming up also, one of those R-Cam's mounted while driving show angles of the car and shots.
Short Video, just long enough for a song....

Have done this with my motorcycle but now I am doing it with the car.

Thanks
Robert Ver Halen

fierolover3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolover3800Send a Private Message to fierolover3800Direct Link to This Post
i have a question as i can not tell in the night shots. but why didn't you have the stripes on the front of the nose? and when you drive the car does the whole clip kinda shake around at high speeds? i have the nose installed on my 88gt. and at high speeds at the windshield it shakes around? but awesome car

James

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
fierolover3800
I wanted the stripes to look like air flow instead of racing stripes. The silver stripes on a black car accent the whole car and it makes the eye follow the stripes, it shows where the air goes in and comes out over the hood which brings the eye's attention to the cutout on the hood. Also by adding stripes to the very front of the car it takes away from the HID headlights and makes then get lost in the busy look of the stripes.

You want to add detail but not the point of busy. I put them over the nose at first and with everyone that saw her loved the look without the stripes on the nose.

now you know the whole story and why she looks the way she does. I also did some homework in Grass Roots racing mag and a lot of the older cars tried to accent the lines and the body style to display a flowing look. I think the way the stripes came out adds to the overall look of the car and gives it an air of Distinction

Now for the hood itself. The hood on this car has been up to around 85 to 90 MPH and no shake what so ever. Even over bumpy roads the hood is solid. Once the hood is put on the car you can adjust the latch / the nose / the bumper under the hood and the latch points on each side to get a sticky effect to the car. It is very solid.

I am looking into what it would cost to have it raise itself with a push of a button. (more on that later)

Thanks for looking.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Well the NEW 12" Brakes are on, but on the way home baby took a bath during the rain this afternoon, so no pictures of the hood up and the trunk lid etc. That will come this weekend. I am going to get stainless steel (braided) lines next though...

Here are the shots of the new 12" rotors...

Before the new rotor's were put on (Corvette C4 Rotor's with fitting o-rings for the center and all new bolts and pads too)

What they would look like installed compared to the 17inch wheels

The new rotor's on the car now (Looks better by far)

Baby got a little wet on the way home but the new rotor's were worth the extra work to clean her again

Have to repaint the calipers again since they got all scratched up during the process. What color should I paint them?

RED?
BLACK?
SILVER?
something else?
Let me know

All for now, hope you enjoyed

Thanks for looking

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
Silver to match your stripes.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
You have great taste my friend, I was just thinking the same thing
Going to the store now to get it!

Thanks for your input!

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Instead of silver paint, you could bead blast the caliper bridge and leave them bare. They're aluminum anyway.
Maybe even polish them?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Looking very good Robert!!!

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

Kee Haskins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee HaskinsSend a Private Message to Kee HaskinsDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see this ride sometime, mabye at the fox and Hound. lol B4 long Randy will have his on here.

Edit:spelling

[This message has been edited by Kee Haskins (edited 05-19-2005).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
either alum, or black..... i think black would look really nice and complement the car.
PFF
System Bot
By_The_Ounce

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2005 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for By_The_OunceSend a Private Message to By_The_OunceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Instead of silver paint, you could bead blast the caliper bridge and leave them bare. They're aluminum anyway.
Maybe even polish them?

No they are steel.

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

either alum, or black..... i think black would look really nice and complement the car.

I think Black would go good. The rotors are already "silver metal like" so black will look neat.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Kee Haskins

We are working on Randy's now, and yes come to the Fox and Hound and you will see her in person.

Besides you are welcome to come over to our home or ask for help etc if needed. Besides, now with you living so close Randy has another person to share his hobby with.

Post some pictures of your car....

Talk to you soon

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

Emc209i

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Ok, first thing though. Kee is my dad, lol been using his account, I now have my own. And I'd love to get to know you and Randy. I'll post some pics right now....Mabye you can help me some with my tranny prob, that's why it won't be ready for fox and hound is because the release bearing is either wrong or I over torqued the pressure-plate. Thanks' for the invite though I'll def. be there! Here are a few pics.

Me a month ago with it up on blocks.

Sitting in the bay

Interior shots

Emc209i

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Emc209i

3091 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Engine shots

Wheels

Random Shots

I've been working on this thing since last fall, and it;s been pretty hard this being the first thing I've EVER done at this scale, being 17 and having no one in the family who knows anything more than I first did doesn't help but o well. I look forward to meeting you Mr. Halen and Randy.

The Best
Paul Haskins

------------------

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Are those real HIDs? How much for the kit? I'll go for a set now!!!!!!
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Have to repaint the calipers again since they got all scratched up during the process. What color should I paint them?

RED?
BLACK?
SILVER?
something else?
Let me know

I say go silver. I use Alluminum engine paint. I spray the edges of the rotor and the middle as well as the sheilds in the back too. I think we obviously have the same tast, liking the "clean" look. So, take a look at mine.

I think that any other color will take away from the cleaness of your car. Either way, glad you are enjoying your so to speak, "New Baby".

[This message has been edited by Black-Azz-GT (edited 05-20-2005).]

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Very nice car. We have all shop manuals and in this area are many Fiero lovers. We can help in almost anything that you need. I also have a very good friend whose husband is a transmission expert. Just the guy you need to know! (will introduce you)
Come over anytime and just check out the rides etc. If you need a ride over to the fox and hound let me know. Will stop by and meet your family and let them see what "IZA TOY" looks like. Randy would be excited to meet another young gun with a Fiero.
I will PM you with contact information.

Formula88, BobadooFunk
Going with silver and starting it today!

California Kid
Thanks for the kind words

Kee Haskins
Randy will be driving his 1986 SE there to the meet. He is soooo proud
Just got his new radio in the car last night with remote now he is in hog heaven.

Wipe0ut
I am not really sure the amount of the kit since it was a package deal from Norm's Fiberglass and I did trade in my old recessed headlights for them and some cash. The best person to ask would be Norm.

Black-Azz-GT
We must have the same tast in cars! I love what you have done to yours over time. They say that "Great minds think alike"
How is the engine issues coming? She still looks sweet.

Thank you all for the comments and ideas, this is the place to come to for answers.

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-21-2005).]

HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
Awesome car. The only thing I would change is the ferarri emblem on the steering wheel. I just think it's in poor taste to take such a beautiful mdified fiero and make it a poser ride with that logo. Opinions vary, it's your car, but that one emblem will really cost you at car shows.

To recap, this post is advice + compliment, not a flame.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock