Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Norm's offical build thread here! (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Norm's offical build thread here! by rverhalen
Started on: 04-14-2005 02:57 PM
Replies: 340
Last post by: whereatt on 11-07-2007 05:40 PM
MDFierolvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
Hey I was wondering if your going to add some skirts to the sides. From the pics the bottom of the norm nose in front of the wheel is lower than the bottom of the skirt on the other side of the wheel well.
IP: Logged
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I measured the nose drop to the side rocker panels and there is a 1 to 1 and half inch difference. I was looking for a add on to paint the flat black color. I have some ideas but still looking to what is out there.
Looking at side skirts ( some money)
Repainting the car to look better (Lot's of money)
Having my nose redone to look like Norm's (priceless)

Up and coming
Side skirts
My silver racing stripes
Installing my HID's
Installing my new 12 inch rotors and redoing the brake pads
drooling over other peoples cars for ideas
posting everything for people to see

And the best one, each time I do something take more photos so I can show the step by step process.
I have had many people email me "How did you do that?" and do you have pictures.

I guess the old phrase is true, "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
bump
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to see that thing this weekend...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
LZeitgeist,

That would be great, I have a friend that is going to let me borrow his truck and I will rent a car dolly so I can go and get my free 1985 Notchback V6 auto Fiero! I do not know if it will be Saturday or Sunday. I should here back from the call I placed today for you. I will let you know as soon as I know.

I will also be getting my WCF 12" rotors in this weekend and my new brake pads etc to put on the car. Also putting on the stripes this weekend also and finishing up a few little mods here and there.
I also ordered the laptop ECM monitor so I can see what my car does on my computer! Fiero store now sells this for around $100.00 dollars. You may want to play around with that also.

Norm's headlights should be here this weekend also so those will be going in too.

It will be a busy weekend again but all in good fun. Did any of the parts I gave you work out OK?
I will have more soon!

Talk to you later my friend

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good weekend lineup for you...

Got the rear wheels on my car now - passed inspection with flying colors.

The rest of the parts I got from you I'm saving for until after it's painted - they'll be the perfect finishing touches on it.

Thanks again for making the call for me today - if he's not able to do it, then I'll be staying home this weekend giving it a go at doing it all myself (except the alignment), so I'm hoping he'll be able to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Say, if your OEM rotors are in decent shape (nearly new, maybe, if I'm lucky? ), I might be interested in buying those from you... new brakes are on my list of things to do as well, so we might be able to work something out.

You just keep yankin' things off your car, and I'll keep givin' you some cash and stickin' 'em on mine... ::chuckle::

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I probably shouldn't butt in... I think the hood is a sweet piece of engineering, but I also don't think it fits with the rest of the stock bodylines. Needs something in the rear to make it work for me, my personal opinion is that with that huge deep vent in the hood, some similar vents would look better where the mecham style ones are, and a matching flare to rear. Maybe just a replacement for the rear bumper cover (something to compliment the front wheel well/air dam styling).

I don't think a complete redesign of the rear would be warranted, but the stuff under the trim from the doors back could make the whole look more 'complete'. Maybe Norm would be interested in doing a complete rear widebody peice that followed the same theme as the front. Then there could be huge deep vents for air intakes in the rear also... might be interesting to photoshop that nose onto a vehicle with the original widebody design... could work.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rverhalen:

I also ordered the laptop ECM monitor so I can see what my car does on my computer! Fiero store now sells this for around $100.00 dollars. You may want to play around with that also.

That sounds cool! I have an ALDL cable for my laptop and use WinALDL to monitor the ECM, but I'd like to see what the Fiero Store's version does. You'll have to bring your toys with you to our next Fiero gathering.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking of using an old laptop and somehow using the screen lower down to show me data on the car. Take some items out of the laptop and place it on the center console to mouse around and tap on for data. It is an old IBM think pad that will be coming apart to be a part of a Fiero!!!

So much fun.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Dang, Robert, that car's gonna be speaking in a British accent and calling you 'Michael' pretty soon...
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Toys for big boys, hell the GPS right now talks to me and tells me how to find my way home! ( in a girls voice of course)
PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Topcat,

Be watching this thread! You old car is going to be in a picture. I am going to put my son's 86 and my 88 side by side and snap a few shots with him grinning from ear to ear. He wanted me to make sure that you were watching. That car has come a long way!

Robert Ver Halen

Chewy_bjj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chewy_bjjSend a Private Message to Chewy_bjjDirect Link to This Post
Very very nice man. I am looking at this. My buddy who is starting to like my fiero was just like 0_0 hehe then again so was I.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Robert!
I'm almost tempted to drag my Formula up there to your guys to have it painted. (Well, It's not really practical, but it crossed my mind. )

The side ram scoops are home built fiberglass and I finished up the rest. They were free! That is a good thing. They came from Raydar here on the forum.

Before anyone gets the idea that I can make anything out of fiberglass other than a mess, and maybe a pile of dust, I need to jump in here and state that I bought these scoops off of a guy about 7 years ago, and they have been collecting dust in my garage ever since.
HE did all the fabrication. And then Robert did all the finishing. I just happened to remember they were down there when Robert said he was looking for scoops.

And I also got an absolutely "cherry" Formula fascia and hood in trade.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Raydar I guess I should have stated that someone else made the scoops (otherwise you would be a busy guy!)
The were a little rough but with some tender loving care and a good memory of Raydar they had a new home and some nice paint thrown on them to make them cherry.

Now Raydar let's see some pictures of my nose and hood doing some special things on your car!

I know your ride is going to be sweet after talking to you that day with Norm. I am glad that you got home safely and everything took the trip well.

Look forward to seeing you again and your car! Our home is always open to fellow Fiero lovers!

Take care Raydar and thanks again to your memory of those parts. (Saving them for me all of these years )

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I will be posting some pictures on Sunday! I have been hard at work doing the stripes up the car. Damn it is a lot of work but well worth it. I have had all the neighbors over her looking and expressing what a great looking car it is.
All the stripes are done up to the rear bumper now. It is 9:12 PM and I quit for the day I am tired. The car really looks nice. I will take pictures in the AM since the flash would ruin the racing stripes.
I received all my new detail parts in today and I talked to Norm and the headlights were shipped on Friday so anytime now and those puppies will be in.
After that the WCF brake upgrade to 12" rotors next weekend. The have been shipped also on Friday.
So this is what is left to be done
Norm's Headlights
finish the stripes tomorrow
put the detail items on
put on the 12" brakes

Wash and clean her up and then ready for some shows!

This is going to be a great summer

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great!

Can't wait to see it on Monday... you gonna bring it by the shop while I'm waiting there?

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
But of course, I will stop on my way to work and then at lunch. I may also bring my son's car there to have some work done also. I want him safe and sound.

I will see you on Monday, and you know to call me if you get lost I can guide you to them.

See you then!

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Cool beans.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Only thing left to do is add the Headlights that are shipping Monday to me (pictures here!)
Do the 12" brake upgrade this week
Put on the side molding to the nose
clean her up and that is all! Ready for show

My new headlights that are shipping Monday!!!!!!!

The front with the new stripes ( I like the different way I put them)

Down angle shot of the nose with the stripes coming out to the top

It looks like a wind tunnel test with the stripes going in and coming out of the top

Smooth lines of the nose

Rounded ends on the stripes to eliminate wrinkles from the bump on the rear hood.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Rear shot showing the hard to cut and place lic. plate area!

Right view of the stripes

Right side view

Taking it down the left side

Waiting for 12" Brakes from WCF this week

Looks like there are lights in there but no there is not! I guess the car is ready to drive at night (Ghost lights)
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
The word "Formula" across the windshield

Kiss me she says

Egine shots

more

Baby has a big ole butt! But I love her

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Sorry I could not spend more time talking with you Flyntus but the wife and family had plans to go to dinner. I am glad you stopped by to say hello. I am also glad you got to see her in person after all that cutting and body shop work. She has changed and will continue to do so until she is completed.

Just a few more things to go before I am finished for this go around.

Thanks for looking again.

Robert Ver Halen

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-08-2005).]

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
you should pick up the clear front marker lights from the fierostore, theyd look a lot better than the big orange ones. I think they run about $24.00. Also, i agree with the side skirts to even out the front with the rest of the car.

------------------

+ an 88 Caprice 9C1 Police Package
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Looking great!!

Did you decide what you're gonna do with your OEM brake rotors? I might be interested in them, depending on what shape they're in...

See you in the morning.
(I'll be at the shop at or near 7:30am.)

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

LZeitgeist

5662 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by GTFiero1:
you should pick up the clear front marker lights from the fierostore, theyd look a lot better than the big orange ones.

Hey, there's an idea - clear lenses with amber bulbs in them (for NC legal reasons)...
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Well off to the Fiero store again! Damn I must support that place! That's OK they will be there when I need more stuff. Support the guys that help us.

Anyway the brakes are yours if you need them (rotors) We can figure out a clean price between friends.
(Cut my grass for about 2 months, LOL) just kidding.
I will see you about 7:00 to 7:30 in the morning.

Thanks for Looking guys!

Robert Ver Halen

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

you should pick up the clear front marker lights from the fierostore, theyd look a lot better than the big orange ones. I think they run about $24.00. Also, i agree with the side skirts to even out the front with the rest of the car.

Shhh! I already sent those to Norm for mine.

Greg

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
FieroGTguy, did you see the lights I posted here? Boy they look sweet. And yes I am ordering my clear ones tomorrow.
You guys are killing me...... so much fun, so little money

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Anyway the brakes are yours if you need them (rotors) We can figure out a clean price between friends.

Sounds like a plan... we can talk about it more tomorrow.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

A Fiero meet guys?

Check it out here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/051639.html

Post on that thread though so we can keep it all in one place.

Thanks

Robert Ver Halen

PFF
System Bot
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

The front with the new stripes ( I like the different way I put them)

Wow! I love those stripes! Has anyone done that before?

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Not that I am aware, my neighbor thought of it. We were looking at the car and I thought what could I do differently then most people to give it a new look. So he came up with this. He stated that putting the stripes on the front took away from the "Fiero" badge and the headlights. So we went for the secret tube look. what that means it looks like arrows where the air goes in and comes out.

Not bad

The car looks so mean now that a ricer drove by me at an intersection and had to rev his fart can to show me how "Bad" he was! I just started to laugh. Then not two minutes later I had another one park next to me at a light reving his engine and wanted to race, again I started to laugh and said "When I get a fart can for my car look me up"

Needless to say he just drove away sort of slow. After spending the money I just did, I did not need to prove a thing.

My car will move, maybe not like a 4.9 or a 3800SC but for now she is good and until I get my new motor built I do not worry about a thing. Even with the motor built, it is not for speed but for my enjoyment. I love to tinker and work on my car. It is for the love of the Fiero not for beating one person at a time. To me getting the looks, and the praise from people who remember and say, that is one nice Fiero is worth more then beating some young kid on the street. When they grow up maybe they will understand that it is not about who is the fastest, it is how you go. Period.

A Fiero is a sweet car that is way ahead of it's time. Handles like they are on rails and will give you years of enjoyment if you take the time to work on them and fix the "little" things one at a time.

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
You must see this car in person, pictures don't do it justice. Randy (Robert's son) and I were given Robert a hard time because he had some dust under the rear decklid!!!!! WHAT A SLACKER
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
if you ask me norms nose looks best with something like archies rockers and a custom rear bumper

but that head on shot is amazing - I've thought about doing that stripe trick before but never did - now I know how good it would have looked

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Flyntus,

"WHAT A SLACKER "

Dem thar are fighting words! OK now raise your mug and let's drink till we do not remember what we were drinking / fighting for Yea yea I know, it needs a bath but I wanted the stripes to harden before getting wet. (that sounded sexual) how cool!

Anyway I am going to the Greensboro Pontiac show on Saturday and maybe Sunday to snatch a trophy or two....
Well at least try. Come along for the fun. I am also thinking about hosting a "Drive and Park" food bash at my house very soon. Open up the grill and invite everyone over for food / cars and telling stories.....

You have seen my back driveway, Hell I could hold 20 Fiero's back there.

Oh right boys, no charge for the food just good times. If you want beer then you bring your own. I supply the food.

Keep aware the details are coming soon. I can or could call it an IZA TOY birthday party!!!

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Saw it in person today... eh, it was O.K., I guess.

Actually, that paint needs to be seen to be believed.

From a distance, it's black.

Get up close, and it becomes this quasi-metallic/pearlescent bronzed charcoal grey color, and it's VERY sweet.

Thanks again for the shop guidance, Robert - I'm glad you got to take a break from work for a little bit so we could hang out.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
Wow those stripes look AMAZING!!! I love the way they route, not going over the nose, but "under" it. Truly AWESOME!!!! great job!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Needless to say he just drove away sort of slow. After spending the money I just did, I did not need to prove a thing.

Once I get my car back from Norm, I'll take much pride in more than making up for the conversion's image (speed wise). : ulls on driving gloves:: Very nice job with the stripes.

PS - In the front picture, it looks like the stripes are centered but the emblem is off center. Is that a camara angle error?

Thanks!
Greg

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Must be camera angle since I used that to start the measurements for the whole stripe project.
It was hell to do but nice once completed! I will not do it again. To much work but you have to do it once in your life!

Robert Ver Halen

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock