Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Norm's offical build thread here! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Norm's offical build thread here! by rverhalen
Started on: 04-14-2005 02:57 PM
Replies: 340
Last post by: whereatt on 11-07-2007 05:40 PM
rverhalen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Yes they are open on Saturday, and I will be home from work around 4:30 today.
The car will be wet sanded within the next two months.

Just give me a call 336-462-1040

Thanks
Robert Ver Halen

IP: Logged
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
No pictures for today, it is going to rain so I did not want to work on the car.
I guess I am a little tired at this point. Bed early and hit it tomorrow again.

sorry guys but I need some rest now.

More pictures and updates soon

Oh one update for you, I called Norm today and he stated my new HID lights will be shipping out to me next week on Wednesday so I have no headlights until then

Thanks for looking again and again and again!

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I decided to wait till the weekend before knocking myself out again. Saturday and Sunday will be very busy and I promise to take more pictures of the inside and out. The only two items left will be the stripes and Norm's headlights. They are being shipped out next week!

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Robert -

The paint shop that was going to do my car shafted me (long story that I'll share another time) so I need to find someone else - who did your car? Are they PPG-Certified? Do they do full color-change repaints, or are they merely a collision shop that did you a favor?

Just curious... tring to check out what options I have on various fronts.
Thanks.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Give me a buzz and I will fill you in!

336-462-1040

Call sometime after 9:00 AM tomorrow and I can tell you all. Really a great price too.
Also you need to see my baby in person to really know what they did. I can promise you that it cost less then what you were talking about with your paint shop. I really did my homework before I let anyone touch my baby

And yes they do repaints to different colors and PPG also

Thanks

Robert Ver Halen

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like I may have to hit them up to do my Formula, too, then.
Now, where did I put that piggy bank?....
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rverhalen:
Call sometime after 9:00 AM tomorrow and I can tell you all.

It will probably be sometime tomorrow after 4pm - gonna be a busy day at work tomorrow. But I'd love to know what your research came up with.

Thanks!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Anytime is fine with me, Nice guys, great work, they did take their time and they treated her like I would have.

Talk to you soon,

Robert Ver Halen

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

they treated her like I would have.

That's probably the best recommendation I've heard yet.
Can't wait to see the finished product. We'll have to have another Tarheel Fiero meeting once you get her ready.

I'll be sure to bring an extra pair of sunglasses to protect against the glare off the paint.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean, I still look at her in the garage and wonder why I waited so long! Damn she looks nice and will even look better once she is wet sanded!

I am ready once the headlights come in from Norm. I will be working over this weekend to finish up the little things and do some cleaning and paint the calipers one more time and other small items to bring out her full luster.

Talk to you soon my friend!

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I had to take a break for a minute so here I am, I have completed so far the following today
The door panels are on
The mirrors are on
Fixed the automatic door locks
Cleaned the inside again (damn dirty after a paint job, lots of dust)
Mounted the GPS system again so I looks nicer
Fixed some broken clips that I needed to fix
Doing a lot of cleaning

Pictures later today!

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I haven't called, Robert - got tied up after work last night, and this weekend's been busy as heck.

I'm leaning more towards finding a local shop, 'cuz having it done two hours away in W-S would be a PITA, but I'm still keeping an open mind.

Gonna check out a couple leads here first and then get more info from you to see how it compares... thanks.

Can't wait to see it in person!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
No problems, I am just stopping for the night now damn tired. It comes apart fast but putting it back in one piece takes time.
Coming up with new ideas and taking my time and doing it right. Just painted the calipers again since I nicked one putting the wheel back on from detailing! So much fun but I am very proud of my little girl.

Tomorrow I will be working under the new hood detailing and cleaning. It will be a nice day on Sunday so I will be taking more pictures. Sorry guys I am too tired to down load the pictures tonight I will do it Sunday. The wife is even impressed with the Fiero so that says a lot. She thinks the new tilt nose makes the car.

Well anyway, time to clean up and get some sleep. It is fun but slow going now. I think I will find someone to put the stripes on the car since I do not want to mess it up, not at the last minute.

That is all for now, talk to you all in the AM

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
TIME TO MEET "IZA TOY" AND HER NEW FACE LIFT.

The only thing missing is the HID headlights and the racing stripes up the hood, so I will have a few more pictures to take.

Anyway here she is!

Doing a little cleaning up while I was down there so I thought I would post

Front view minus the new HID headlights that are being shipped this week

A Nose shot
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Another Nose shot

A nice side view

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
By the way Formula stands for

"Which stands for Fathers Old Racing Machine You Leave Alone"

Anyway I will post in a few days when the new HID lights arrive and I have the racing stripes put on, after this I am going the break upgrade and looking for a new motor, maybe a V-8 or a 3800 You guys tell me which one will give me the best for the buck and the easiest to change plugs and buy parts for......

Thanks for looking and as always ( I love this car!!!)

Robert Ver Halen

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 05-01-2005).]

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Later I will rubber-ize the bottom of the hood so I will show black and use the word "Formula" under the hood.
Plus add some final touches to the front end and clean every damn thing.

Now she waits for a car show near us! Or maybe some lunch at the "Fox and Hound" how does that sound guys?
Want to meet, maybe Greensboro at Hooters?

Let me know, I am almost ready.
I have had a lot of people email about the conversion and any issues and requesting pictures.
If you see anything that you want better pictures of just let me know. Glad to send them to ya!

I have nothing but nice things to say about this redesign and the product that Norm builds, top quality!
The paint and body shop loved the nose and they stated that it was not much work at all to get it just right.
I still retained the orignal type of design of the Formula but added some touches to an already great design.
I drove her for the first time in over 2 weeks and the stares I received were worth it, now I have to put the windows up just to
sing along with the radio again. Sitting lower then everyone else and having a car that no one can figure out what it is.

It is nice when it all comes together perfectly!

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeeeeeet... can't wait to see it in person.

Great talking with you on the phone tonight, too. Definitely gotta plan a meet again soon...

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks Awesome! I would love to see that nose with the Imsa widebody kit on your car. It would put it over the top! Hint, Hint! ;-)

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Gee thanks! Right after I got it painted now you tell me (LOL)

Anyway, more to come and then..................................... who knows?

Life is good when the Fiero likes you

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a really quality paintjob. The new front end looks great as well.
I have noticed with the front end. The sides and back bumper dont match anymore. It could be even better if finished off with some ground effects, and some custom rear bumper work.

------------------

- Mack

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
That thing is really awesome looking. That has to be my most favorite notchie now. Are those the Fiero warehouse side scoops?
CalicoDreams

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CalicoDreamsSend a Private Message to CalicoDreamsDirect Link to This Post
I really love the front end on that thing... is Norm's front end actually lower then the stock? it looks like it. That would be a nice alternative to a front chin spoiler.
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to be negative and get a bunch of minuses here...

Does anyone else not like the look of it? I don't know, just seems to not fit the body lines as well to me. Or I'm stupid...yah...that too

But, I respect the INCREDIBLE work and time, and it looks good, and I'm glad it was done right, and done by a Fiero-lover, becuz when it comes down to it, its another Fiero saved.

Great work, and I'm glad you like it, cuz that's what counts!

------------------

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
zMacK
I do have some more ideas in place for around the bottom of the car but that will take a little while, so much to do and so little time. It has taken over a year to get this far. But as with all of us it is a labor of love. Thanks for looking.

daniel87fierogt,
The side ram scoops are home built fiberglass and I finished up the rest. They were free! That is a good thing. They came from Raydar here on the forum. Also thank you for thinking she is special and worthy of your favorite pick!

CalicoDreams,
The front end does sit a little lower then the stock and makes the nose look wider. I love the design and the style of it. Now just get my HID installed and I will be fine

AaronZ34,
No one should give you a negative! You are just expressing your feelings about your likes and dislikes. I have seen many cars here that have custom things done to them that I would not do, but that does not make them any better or less then anyone elses. I respect your opinion and welcome it. That is what makes this board such a great place. We can express and share ideas. Some people would never chop the tops on their cars and others do it.
Your opinion is safe with me and thank you for sharing. (No one should give you a negative)

Thanks for the opinions and comments!
All are welcome here.

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
That car looks so clean you could eat off it. Class act also. Keep the pics coming.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Thank you,
It has been a lot of work. Some pictures still coming of the headlights and the racing stripes also.

As always, thanks for looking!

Robert Ver Halen

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. The first I believe in "black"?
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
It was the only choice since the headlights are going to be black and the "Eyeliner" around the plastic covers are black also it just need to all match.

I am taking a break tonight with the car since I worked on her all weekend long, time for a nap now.

Robert Ver Halen

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, I like the Momo sterring wheel and shifter, You have good taste, hehehehe.
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Ummm..............WOW!

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, sorry didn't get your call I was out of town. Any idea when your going to have the lights installed?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello Im making the first parts out of the mold now, need to test fit and trim. Trying to get them out this week. Plus I had to make a close off piece behind the lights which meant to make two more molds. thanks Norm
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I just got in myself, the headlights are shipping this week and should have them in by the weekend.
Then the stripes are going on and then.......... who knows LOL

I will call you in the AM, just beat tonight I have been burning both ends of the candle for awhile and need some down time.

Talk to you soon

Robert Ver Halen

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

I just got in myself, the headlights are shipping this week and should have them in by the weekend.
Then the stripes are going on and then.......... who knows LOL

I will call you in the AM, just beat tonight I have been burning both ends of the candle for awhile and need some down time.

Talk to you soon

Robert Ver Halen

Talk to you then!

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello Im making the first parts out of the mold now, need to test fit and trim. Trying to get them out this week. Plus I had to make a close off piece behind the lights which meant to make two more molds. thanks Norm

Leave it to Norm to go out of his way like this!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
No kidding, the kit for the headlights should be first class. Everyone here is looking forward to it.
Hell, even with the lights not in the car I have people walking around it and asking questions and drooling, thank God the paint already looks wet with all of that drool I could not tell (LOL)

The fun is in building her, like I did when I was a kid working on models. Now the parts just cost a little bit more.

Robert Ver Halen

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock