Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Norm's offical build thread here! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Norm's offical build thread here! by rverhalen
Started on: 04-14-2005 02:57 PM
Replies: 340
Last post by: whereatt on 11-07-2007 05:40 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Is Norm finished with the front clip....heading back home? Can Norm give me a jingle on the tele.

Hmmm...? I guess I "own" page three, hehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-19-2005).]

IP: Logged
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Is Norm finished with the front clip....heading back home? Can Norm give me a jingle on the tele.

Hmmm...? I guess I "own" page three, hehehe.

I dare you to put that front end on the new widebody car!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl I just sent you a PM on Norm, He left last night around 7:00 PM and drove straight back to Ind.
You can reach him at the office.

More updates coming soon and she is ready for the paint shop in the AM. So much work in so little time! (But fun!)

Soon as I get out of a shower I will post some pictures. Not a lot tonight but some of the scoops mounted and the car getting the wing taken off and mirrors and sail panels etc. ready for paint.

stay tuned!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Here are this evenings updates to the "Norm" project.

The start of today with baby in the garage

Down the side before the ram scoops from Raydar (PFF Member)

Just a little taller then a coke can so just the ride height for traveling down the NC roads

Different shot of the coke can and how up in the air it is. Which will settle a little once I drive it around, it has been up and down on Jacks for the fenders are sitting a little high right now

Nice shot, only two and half fingers from fender to wheel, that will drop with a little driving and the battery relocated to the front.

Another view of the same thing

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
More

Nice fit on the wipers, they have to be bent a little to make them work but they work well

Before shot of the fender linning

After some trimming they fit and look great.

A little wash since she was covered in dust and other things, you can see the new side ram scoops from Raydar

A closer view. They look nicer in person

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
More

Cleaned and ready for the paint and body shop now

Nice view of the ram scoops and some molding gone and mirrors and rear wing
They are all in the car ready for the ride to the paint and body shop in the AM

The last and final shot for the evening

More pictures in the AM from the paint and body shop!

Thanks for looking!

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 04-19-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Can't wait to see it in person.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
now for some serious ground effects to flow with that nose...
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
you def. need some side skirts on there. The front nose is going to look a lot lower then the rest of the car.

other then theat, it looks pretty damn good!

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Questions: Does it appear that the front clip is wider vs. stock? It seems that the area in front of the tire is less revealing now?
Can you take any pics with the new lights in..just for fun? Thanks.

I know that 88's show more tire in the front due to newer suspension making the tire stick out. IMO this a good feature especially if your fronts are after-market rims or wider than stock. Having a lower front lip is a plus too.

PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Norm is finishing up the new HID lights and they will be shipped out to me in a week. The picture of the lights is on page One or two I think. So they look the same. Once on the car they will be posted for reference.

The front wheels did stick out on the 88's but Norm's nose is a little wider and covers that flaw well. The offset for the front is 38 MM so it would be perfect for the new nose.

I will be showing more of the car during this process and yes side skirts are going to be in my future just not right now.

Thanks for looking!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Holy schnickies!

Your car looks great! I can't wait to see it after the paint job.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I've got to get a second job...
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I've got to get a second job...

Boy do I know that feeling!
But that is why we do this to have something that not everyone has / to be different / to stand out in a crowd / to drive a bit of history / To own the only mid engine America made car / The best is last..........because we want to!

I have spent a lot of money on this car, but you know it was all worth it. Still cheaper then buying a new one and losing it in a shopping mall. "Now which one is mine.....hmmmmmmm"

When I was at the paint and body shop, 4 guys were staring at the car and asking questions. Damn I was ashamed since she had no interior, sail panels off, new mods still in primer, no passenger seat (that was where the mirrors and stuff that I took off the car was sitting) No headlights, no taillights. And these guys still loved her! Great moment for me if you come to think about it. Even one older gentleman stated "I use to own a Fiero, nice car, keep up the good work on her, they are a piece of history!"
Very cool to hear that.
Anyway no pictures today since she is getting sanded down and ready for paint. I will try to go by and get some photos taken so I can show you what she looks like now!

the garage is empty, (tear drops to floor)

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

I dare you to put that front end on the new widebody car!

I have been assimilated. Resistant is futile.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Some new shots today of my baby in the body shop!

The shots are a little spotty since so much dust was flying around while I was taking pictures

Norm knows that there are little bumps that had to be shaved down so I filled the holes with bondo and the body shop is filling in the rest.

Bondo on the rear since I had a little chip that I wanted perfect and the rear "Pontiac" is now gone and yes I saved it for a certain person in Raleigh that should be calling me soon once he reads this and yes I have two free lunch's coming from him for that part!

Same picture just a close up and the body man taking good care of my little girl!

Nice side view before they sanded down that side! Scary SHI$

She has nice company to talk to while she was there, at least there was a car older then mine!

He she is flipping her lid! Boy does she need a good bath when she gets home.

Thanks for looking, no more pictures till Monday since the wife and I are leaving for vacation tomorrow. Will not be back until late Sunday night.

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Update on some great people here

LZeitgeist
I saved the word "Pontiac" for you on the rear of the car. Contact me tonight at home on the cell 336-462-1040
or email me your address so I can ship it out to you. Now I know you are happy. It came out without issues and all in one piece!

Raydar,
Special thanks to you for the side scoops, free is always a damn good thing. I just hope the parts I traded you for work well on your baby

Norm,
Outstanding product, nice person, works damn hard, traveled a long distance to do this for me and I can not say enough of this man.

Madcurl,
For the Inspiration and being such a good role model (you and your car) to guide along. And the chop top #15 with the updated redesign of Norm's tilt front end is great looking. Nice update.

LZeitgeist,
For buying me wheels and tires off me so I could pay Norm to travel down here (by the way did they work for you on inspection?)

Everyone else here,
You knowledge and help with my questions has helped me put my baby in the condition she is in. Thanks to all

Once last picture and this is my other baby
A BMW K1200LT

Updates soon!

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 04-21-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rverhalen:
LZeitgeist
I saved the word "Pontiac" for you on the rear of the car. Contact me tonight at home on the cell 336-462-1040
or email me your address so I can ship it out to you. Now I know you are happy. It came out without issues and all in one piece!
LZeitgeist,
For buying me wheels and tires off me so I could pay Norm to travel down here (by the way did they work for you on inspection?)

Yay! Great news! - sorry that I hadn't yet seen this thread yesterday - was a busy evening after work.
Was nice chatting on the phone with you yesterday - thanks again for the emblem. Just hang on to it there for me, and I'll pick it up when I come to check out our car in person - I'd hate for the Post Office to mangle it or lose it on the way to me. And yes, your next two Fiero gathering lunches are on me!

And thanks for the wheels/tires/other stuff, too - haven't inspected it yet - gotta be done before the end of the month, though.

Have fun on the bike! Come home safe!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
As promised, these were the last pictures of my baby before she went into the paint shop!
We were away in the Blueridge Mountains on a small vacation while she was getting painted.
I get to pick here up in the late afternoon, so more will be posted Monday night.

Here are the last pictures that I have before paint.

Back "Pontiac" Emblem is now gone and so is the word "Fiero"

Each panel is getting sanded down and smoothed to perfection

Passenger side door is as smooth as glass now

Nice shot of the right front (Norm's tilt nose)

The second body shop man is hard a work working on smoothing the edges just perfect. There is so much dust in the air that the camera picked up the air borne particles

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
No more till later Monday night

The nose is almost perfect now

Getting rid of little body imperfections

The word "Pontiac" is gone and so is some minor body imperfections too

Thanks for looking
Robert Ver Halen

PFF
System Bot
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Going over to the paint and body shop at 3:00 PM today to pick her up!
I will be taking photos for everyone to see what she looks like now.
Norm will be shipping the new headlights this weeks. Now to put her all back in one piece again.

Hold your breath, I have not seen her yet so I do not know what to expect!

Ebony Black with slight "Silver" in the car for higlights.

Thanks for reading and getting back with you soon (Today)

Robert Ver Halen

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow, that was fast!!!

Mine's going to be in the paint shop for two weeks... of course, I'm having the custom fenders Bondo'd and smoothed out and doing a complete panels-off color change, so that's probably the bulk of the extra time...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOLKS!
Baby came home today and I started to put her back in one piece, one thing at a time. Here are the pictures. Enjoy them!

Just pulled into the driveway
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Side view of my baby getting parts put back on her

Very glossy new nose

Another shot

If you look close the paint is Ebony Black with little silver flakes to set off the silver emblems on the car!

Nice frontal view
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Before the work begins again

Fender emblem is on so is the marker lights up front

New sail panels and 2M6 below the ram air intake

Nice side shot

Now you can see the flake in the paint

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

New sail panels (painted) and the word "Formula"

No "Pontiac" emblem on the rear anymore

Nice back left rear view

Nice left front of Norm's nose (Sounds funny huh?)

Down the hood, drivers side (you can really see the flake in the paint now)

Left side shot of the nose

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Close up of the Nose

Down the hood

Right side ram air scoop showing 2M6 and the flake in the paint. The flash does bring it out to much!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post

rverhalen

1289 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Thanks for looking,

More to come in the next few days. I will show the car with everything installed and the new HID headlights installed.
Oh by the way the windshield wipers stopped having issues. I found the problem, I got the "Under the hood" wet when I was washing her and that is when the problems started. Since she has had a chance to "dry out" no more problems.

Thanks again for looking and more to come till she is completed!

And yes Flyntus I will have your sail panels ready by this weekend.. So much to do and such little time.

Robert Ver Halen

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW!

------------------

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Holy cats!!! That looks fantastic! The black paint really makes that thing look MEEEEAN...

Whoohoooo!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the nice comments! It was a labor of love

[This message has been edited by rverhalen (edited 04-25-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
HOLY COW!!!
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
NOW Damn that was funny! You owe me a new keyboard! I am still laughing (that was a good one)
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
ROFL!!!
USFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFiero1Send a Private Message to USFiero1Direct Link to This Post
That is gorgeous I love it.. This thread has made me decide to purchase Norms front end for my 88 GT.

Thank you for all the pics/updates. That car looks amazing.. Some nice finished day time shots I'd really like to see. Be a nice addition to the modded Fiero's pic's I have on my backup hard drive.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I will keep posting till the following are done

New racing stripes are on the car (in silver)
Headlights on installed
Mirrors are installed
Interior is back in
Door panels are back on
Fiero badge is on the front
and everything works again (LOL)

I will have more pictures for all to see coming up tomorrow!

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wow !!

Is anybody else amazed at how fast they were able to prep and paint his car ??

Fantastic job, ..your car came out really, really well !

I do have to concur with a couple others in the thread who suggested ground effects to balance things out, heck i would also throw in a GT rear bumper with the ground effects to round it out.

Just my 1/2 of cents hehehehe

Again great job, the car looks awesome.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Holy schnickies!

That's beautiful!
As others have mentioned, I'm also surprised at how quickly it all came together. Nice job. I like the 'flaked' paint.

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Raydar,

Your side scoops are just perfect, I told you they were going to work!

Thanks for the trade.

Robert Ver Halen

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry about the sail panels now, get your car finished first. It looks great. Might stop by this afternoon to see it in person.
Are the people who painted your car open on Saturdays? I'd like to get an paint estimate.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock