Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm ready to take orders for the New Fiero Auto Badge! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm ready to take orders for the New Fiero Auto Badge! by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 01-12-2006 04:54 PM
Replies: 408
Last post by: Raydar on 11-26-2006 01:11 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.....chromed raised lettering

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth # 20

IP: Logged
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I can do that! We just need to get Archies' approval... I'll put a more "realistic" version of that together tonight and post it shortly.

Pricing for the...
Standard Badge: $35 single, $60 for pair
Standard Badge Plus (custom colored using Pantone chart): Add $12 each
Custom Badges: $159 single, $191 for pair
Custom Badge Group Buy: $35 single, $60 for pair
Custom Badge Plus Group Buy (custom colored using Pantone chart): Add $12 each
Super Custom Badge Concept Design Service: $35

Pantone Color Chart

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-14-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
Super Custom Badge Concept Design Service: $35, any pain in the butt alterations: Add $35, super pain in the butt alterations: go away

What is mine? "Pain in the butt" or "Go away"?

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post

I will both email and PM you my design requirements.

Thanks

David

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:
What is mine? "Pain in the butt" or "Go away"?

You're still here? Just kidding! Those are for people that keep changing their mind over and over and over again, and the others that call the house in the middle of the night all exicited about totally new idea. As many of you should be aware by now, I love taking an idea and running with it, and will stay up all night (just look at my post times!) to work on a concept.

Custom Fiero Badges ........................................ Fiero/PFF Member Store

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-13-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm.....chromed raised lettering

Hey curly maybe Fred Bartemeyer (RareW66) can do one of these ? He did this stainless steel logo for mr fixit (and i believe tellron ?).

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Sample...

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Archie idea...

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I'm really interested and will probably order two. Any ideas on how to make these babies harder to steal? I don't really want to have mine ripped off the first time I park it somewhere. I'm not in a high crime area but something that nice will find its way into someones pocket just about anywhere. Thanks

-Tim

MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post

Sample...

Perfect.
I just emailed you the final details but I will be getting two of them.

Thanks for coming up with these,

David

CalicoDreams

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CalicoDreamsSend a Private Message to CalicoDreamsDirect Link to This Post

Archie idea...

Now that's a classy looking badge. I give you mad props.

PFF
System Bot
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
What category would this come under and is there an extra postage cost to the uk

Thanks.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CalicoDreams:
Now that's a classy looking badge. I give you mad props.

Personally, I think it's perfect for Archie. I sent him a sample that had Fiero across the top but haven't sent this version yet- guess I'll have to. The font for Archie goes well with the "V" and gives it a nice modern look with an accent on good old fashion quality remeniscent of a time when cars where works of art, somehting more than just curved lines.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by northeastfiero:

What category would this come under and is there an extra postage cost to the uk

Thanks.

This is the style in red and black with the adjusted font for "Fiero" which was approved over the previous version because it was easier to read. The price would be considerably less (if we can get more people to order this style) then adding $12 for the all black combination. The goal to keep this at a decent price is 25 badges. I'll check into the shipping to England and let you know shortly.

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks just let me know I will take a pair.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
This is the V8 version...

Fixit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FixitSend a Private Message to FixitDirect Link to This Post
F I E R O,

I am in for one badge, sending you a check.

Fixit

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Here's an idea for a custom badge... I've got to stick with one style, so the one shown at the start of the thread will be the only style offered as the standard badge- that way I can do group orders and keep the pricing reasonable. This is probably the one that I'll order for myself.

On second thought, I prefer the original design in all black... man, it stinks to sit at the computer and look at these things as long as I do then try to decide which one I like best.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-15-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I need your opinions, there was a point made by Aus that many members would be more interested in the badge if it was the same size and shape as the original. I can see this with a badge that has something underneath the "Fiero" but it wouldn't look right on the plain badge. So, I can make the custom badges to match the exact size and shape of the original, but I would leave the standard size that I designed the way it is. Here's an example...

All I need is to keep some consistancy on these, and have no problem making the custom badges to match the exact dimensions of the original. Like I've always said, I want to make you happy, because when you're happy, I'm happy.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-17-2006).]

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to do the following one: https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/Black-Badge.jpg

I'd love to have an all black with silver badge for my black fiero.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Not a problem. When I send the order in for the standard badge, I'll send in the color adjustment and have it made. Mine is going to be the same- all black, and it only costs a few bucks more. $47 is the total. I was jsut looking at the badge that came off another Fiero to compare sizes and can't wait to replace the plastic one with the metal one. There's something about it that looks kinda cheap.
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Pricing for the...
Standard Badge: $35 single, $60 for pair
Standard Badge Plus (custom colored using Pantone chart): Add $12 each
Custom Badges: $159 single, $191 for pair
Custom Badge Group Buy: $35 single, $60 for pair
Custom Badge Plus Group Buy (custom colored using Pantone chart): Add $12 each
Super Custom Badge Concept Design Service: $35

Pantone Color Chart

Probably should add:

Paypal account: Andrew-Rogers2stny.rr.com

Check/money order:

Andrew Rogers
534 Verna Drive
Endwell, NY 13760

Feel free to call me if yu have any questions: 607-754-0815

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-17-2006).]

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Archie idea...

That right there.. that is just dead seksie....

well done.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

This is the style in red and black with the adjusted font for "Fiero" which was approved over the previous version because it was easier to read. The price would be considerably less (if we can get more people to order this style) then adding $12 for the all black combination. The goal to keep this at a decent price is 25 badges. I'll check into the shipping to England and let you know shortly.

How much for the Red 3800SC badge right there? I'm very interested in that if the price is right.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

JaxDomino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JaxDominoSend a Private Message to JaxDominoDirect Link to This Post
Hey, yo...F-I-E-R-O! I couldn't resist. Any idea on the number of GT guys we have on "The List"?

------------------

'87 Fiero GT Fastback Auto.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Here's the update:

First, I'll produce the Standard badge with just Fiero on it at the size I quoted earlier which is the same height as the onld badge but slightly wider. All other custom badges will be exactly the same size as the original. The reason for this is that there is something to put between "FIERO" and the Pegasus making it not as gangly lookin'. Here's the count I have so far for the badges:

Standard: 9 (color variations are included with this as the only real issue is the basic design)

3800sc: 8 (color variations are included with this as the only real issue is the basic design)

GT: 3

Custom Requests:
SSEiGT (1)
Cadillac (1)
SE (1)
Badge minus "FIERO" (1)

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

This one is awesome! I would like to request that one.....

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested. I/m in need of replacing the front badge on my 86 GT. I seem to have trouble keeping the nose badge. I've had three stolen in the past year.

In addition, if there is an availability of a slightly larger size, then I'm interest in two (2). My thought is to place those just forward of the doors. Pretty much where most high end cars have placed their badges.

JaxDomino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JaxDominoSend a Private Message to JaxDominoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

I'm definitely interested. I/m in need of replacing the front badge on my 86 GT. I seem to have trouble keeping the nose badge. I've had three stolen in the past year.

In addition, if there is an availability of a slightly larger size, then I'm interest in two (2). My thought is to place those just forward of the doors. Pretty much where most high end cars have placed their badges.

Now why would anyone go a still a damn Fiero badge!?

Midshipman Easy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midshipman EasySend a Private Message to Midshipman EasyDirect Link to This Post
My front end is buried in the storage unit for the moment.. can one of these badges replace the one on the front fascia? Or is the stock one curved.. Id like to get 3.. one for the nose and two for the fender wheels, you should make a 'ferrari' package.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Ken

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

How much for the Red 3800SC badge right there? I'm very interested in that if the price is right.

Thanks,
Amir

So is this badge $160? Just was curious.

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
So is this badge $160? Just was curious.

I want to make the order date Jan 25th. At this point, I should have enough to do the Standard Badge without any problem. The 3800sc badges at that point will be $95/total members who want that style plus $35. At this point it comes to about $47

THIS SHOULD MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY:

The badges come with the same adhesive backing that auto mfgrs use PLUS for an extra $2, you can have the adhesive and posts welded to the back of the badge for extra security! So... adhesive + studs= missing hood.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

The 3800sc badges at that point will be $95/total members who want that style plus $35.

Any chance you're updating a thread around here somewhere? I just want to be sure I'm on the list.
Thanks.
Beautiful looking badge, btw!

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I want 2 standard badges with the studs on the back. Is that $62 or $64? I will pay as soon as I know. Thanks, and awesome work. Really glad this worked out.

-Tim

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Well, this is what I have right now...

Standard Badge: ..........$35, $60 for two
2- ToonTownfiero
1- 8Ball

2- TD37 (studded) +$2 each
1- Fixit
1- Scythe (black)
1- J Garner
3- Cajun
3- Midshipman Easy

3800sc Badge: ..........$43 each so far
2- northeastfiero (black)
1- topcat
1- Cheever3000
2- Fiero1Fan (black/yellow)
1- IwannaIRM
1- Rare87GT
1- Amir

GT Badge: ..........$64 each so far
1- FieroGTguy
1- KEV
1- JaxDomino
1- Rare87GT (?)

Custom Badge Requests: ..........$127 each at this point, less the more people that jump in on a single design
SSEiGT- mcaanda
Cadillac- FieroMaster88
SE- Tinton
Standard badge minu "Fiero"- MP5Na3

I'm currently working on a site that will explain everything without having to scroll through the thread. Who knows, maybe this will turn into something bigger. Right now, my only concern is you guys.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-18-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by TD37:

I want 2 standard badges with the studs on the back. Is that $62 or $64? I will pay as soon as I know. Thanks, and awesome work. Really glad this worked out.

-Tim

Tim,

Studs on each badge are an additional $2 each. These are welded onto the badge and include the 3M adhesive backing attached. Once the badge is stuck whereever you want it, and screwed onto its location, it's not goin' anywhere!

Andrew

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, hold on. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get one or not. I may even get two, but I need to think about it. You say you need to know for sure by the 26th? And how exactly are these studs 'welded' on? Is it like the originals with a plastic stud?
JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
When will the company send you a proto-type? Either that or some other expamples of their work. I just want to see the quality.

Never mind. I saw it. Doh!

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 01-18-2006).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Custom Badge Requests: ..........$127 each at this point, less the more people that jump in on a single design
SSEiGT- mcaanda

Andrew:

I will have to rescind the desire to get the "custom" one unless the cost comes down to a point where they are going to be about the 45'ish range that the other 38oo SC one is at.
If they are not going to be able to hit that mark on the 25th, please forward my request for one to the 38oo SC list, and I can get w/ you here in a bit w/ a color scheme if you think that is going to be the case.

Please let me know.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:
Whoa, hold on. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get one or not. I may even get two, but I need to think about it. You say you need to know for sure by the 26th? And how exactly are these studs 'welded' on? Is it like the originals with a plastic stud?

I'll have to double check on the welding (probably spot welded?) part but I have no doubt that it is professional and not a half-assed job. These are going to be quality. I've spent too much time and effort to design this and to find the right process to make them with. There are plenty of places that sell badges that are flat enameled "jewelry" that look too silly to put on a car. I'm looking at the badge that came with my Fiero refuse to put it back on my car. The quality of the plastic says cheap to me and I want something that will reflect the hard work that I'm putting into the whole car. I am very critical of the work I do and will not be satisfied until it represents something I can be proud of. If you are worried about someone taking this badge off your car, then I would suggest keeping the plastic one on, if a person is determined enough it will not be worth the risk of having someone damage the finish and or body of the car to try and get this off. The commercial adhesive used is very adequate to keep the badge on very firmly- as securely as any auto badge affixed to manufactured cars on the market today.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock