Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm ready to take orders for the New Fiero Auto Badge! (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm ready to take orders for the New Fiero Auto Badge! by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 01-12-2006 04:54 PM
Replies: 408
Last post by: Raydar on 11-26-2006 01:11 PM
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Having made a few custom things I thought from the beginning Andrew had too many choices. When you are farming out the work you are left at the mercy of your supplier. I think he had good intentions but I never saw a request that he didn't say he could come up with.
Remember Henry Ford?
You could have any color car you wanted as long as it was black.
I think he would have been better off with less choices.
Not that I'm an expert------just a thought. Cliff
IP: Logged
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to post here, to say that I have emailed Andrew, explaining that I will do my best to help him, and/or his customers, out of this predicament.I haven't had a reply yet.
The decision to try to fulfil my words about backing Andrew as a good guy, now has another meaning. I DO still believe Andrew is a bona-fide person, and hope he can come back again, and continue with his extraordinary artistic and designing ability.But now, it comes down to me coming through with my promise.I am NOT going to hand out cash to anybody, until I can verify that they have paid, and not received their orders. That isn't going to be easy, unless we hear from Linda or Andrew. I am sure you will all agree that that is fair.I believe the majority of Members are honest, and wouldn't try to take advantage of this endeavour..but I want to be sure.So, anybody who hasn't recieved their orders, please pm me, or email me with the details of your order.I will give 101%commitment to fulfill my promise.
I am also going to try to locate the Company that made the badges for Andrew, and see if they still have the prototypes, and whether we can get the outstanding badges made, and delivered.
Nick

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Growing old is harder than growing up.
Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-30-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
OK, I have sent an email to one of the Producers of badges Andrew mentioned for details of availability for more badges . . Perhaps the prototypes are still available, and they might produce some more....we'll see.If they will, I will arrange to pay for them, and sent on, if you don't mind waiting...??
Nick

------------------

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Have gave you a plus for your efforts.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
This is a shame. I really would like 3 of the 3800SC badges and I almost odered them from his site. Glad I read this first before I placed the order. Hopefully he will return and I can order them in the near future.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2006 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
No replies yet, from either Andrew or the Fabrication Company. .Will try again..but it is difficult to explain to the Company that makes them, as to why I am trying to get information about Andrew's project, without explaining why..Diplomacy ..hmm. Don't want to say ANYTHING that might imply something which is just not true.And maybe this wasn't the Company which finally made the badges..Will keep trying.
Nick

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Still no replies from either I am sourcing some button and badge-makers in the UK and here in Spain..)If I don't get any results from producing the badges, or a call from Andrew, I guess it will be hand-in-pocket time!!
Nick

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have been talking to these people in the UK..
http://www.rocketbadge.co.uk/
We have a lot of discussion to get through, but they are interested in helping me/us.
My biggest dilemma...will I be in trouble if I submit Andrew's designs to them to reproduce them??Wow, this is getting complicated...maybe I should just paypal the amounts outstanding...Comments, please?
Nick
Edit to add: I am sure the People with outstanding orders would prefer to receive their badge, rather than the money. If that is not the case, just let me know.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-01-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2006 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Just out of curiousity, I googled F-i-e-r-o's name..I think there IS something amiss..he hasn't added anything to this site..
http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr&id=1809184

and we all know Andrew is a compulsive 'poster'...I hope that He and his family are ok...
Nick

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-01-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Bump for opinions on questions asked above
Nick
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Over thirty hits since I last posted.. and not one reply..come on ..help me out here If F-I-E-R-O has a copyright on these designs( either applied for, or by implication) and I am successful in getting somebody to make them, both myself, and the maker COULD be in deep doo-doo..
so I am going to wait until the end of next week (Sunday 10th September), get some legal advice, and then decide whether to refund or go ahead and re-manufacture, if possible.It will be one or the other, depending on any advice I get between now and then.
My God..no good deed goes unpunished, does it???
Nick

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-02-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Atr this point I really could not care less about the badges - I'm just worried about Andrew.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
And by tacit implication,you think I'm not??????
Nick

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Nick, check yor PM

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 09-02-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks topcat..I have replied
Nick

Originally posted by topcat:

Nick, check yor PM

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Forget it...too much haste.

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Great news... I got your pm.

Thanks
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

And by tacit implication,you think I'm not??????
Nick

Christ, Nick. Keep your panties on. I'm just saying I'm worried about Andrew. Nothing more, nothing less. Sheesh.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
You have two PM's Cliff, second related to the first..and my panties are fitting quite nicely, thanks
Nick

------------------

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Well if you want opinions I think you should just leave things as they are ………..Andrews problem.
Don’t get involved with trying to get these badges made, and don’t send Your hard earned money to anyone. I don’t think anyone bought badges because of your offered to back Andrew. You were just defending someone you thought of as a friend. I don’t think anyone expects you to pay out hundreds of dollars. I hope Andrew is alright and I hope he comes forward to explain what happened.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 09-02-2006).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
BigRed88 and Gordo have a phone number for Andrew could someone contact them and see if they can find out if he is ok?
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Fiero1Fan has been trying to ring them, pm and emails too, but to no avail
Nick
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Is there no one local to Andrew that could go and check that he and his family are okay.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I checked the obituaries from the local paper, he hasn't died.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Gordo is trying to call him.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I think I may have come up with a better (read CHEAPER ) way of doing this...
My idea? Simple..The only way the front emblem ever gets read, is when it is stationary..The rear one gets read by anybody behind you...soooo...How about a single front emblem, which will fit ALL cars, and a separate logo for the rear, which could include another front emblem, but with a word or words, made up from separate letters in chrome, for instance, which would qualify WHICH Fiero it actually is? I have found a place which produces letters in chrome finish, self adhesive , in quite a few diferrent fonts.This way, you can chose the letters that are already in existence, which overcomes the problem of so many different variations, in small numbers?? Apparently, they also produce the letters in several colours too, as well as size and font.
I think that the basic front Fiero badge would be in the region of $50 shipped, and the letters are not that expensive.
If anybody thinks this is a good idea, let me know.If it does work for everybody, when Andrew returns, I will give him the idea, and let him use it.There are endless possibilities here...
As already stated above, I am waiting until next Sunday, to let people who have outstanding orders with Andrew contact me, and then will settle up with them, as the opportunity arises.
Thanks for reading.
By the way, two Members have contacted me with VERY generous offers to help me resolve the problem.I thank you BOTH for this kindness.God bless
Nick

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-03-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Still no news, comments or contact from anybody else!! The Badge Companies seem to have enough work to do, without making Fiero badges.I have spoken to a Company in our local town (Reus), who has a plasma cutting system, and can probably fulfil most requirements.They can cut a number of blanks, which can then be profiled by plasma cutter. Googled plasma cutting systems available for small businesses. A small unit, which can do this sort of profiling, costs about $9000
But I must overcome the obstacle of copyright etc., even though I intend to hand it all back to Andrew upon his return.
Nick
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
Hey Nick, did my email get through to you?

Thanks

David Heinke

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2006 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Sorry not to have posted before now..as some will know, I have a very erratic ISP connection, and have not had access to the Internet for a few days.( result of living in the sticks here in Spain )
I am disappointed to report that NONE of the 5 businesses I contacted about making badges for those whose orders are still outstanding have bothered to come back to me, other than an initial auto-email acknowledging receipt of mine.Due to complications about copyrights etc, I have decided to not try any more to get badges made using Andrew's designs.
Neither have I had any contact from Andrew, or directly from anybody here who has Andrew's current contact info although.I did receive an email, saying that contact had been made with Andrew, and that he would be posting here in the near future, but unfortunately that hasn't transpired yet, either.
I have been informed of two peoples' outstanding orders ( just opened your email David), and one posted in this thread since I confirmed that I was going to try to honour my commitment.Those two people will be contacted privately this week.
Two people here made very generous offers to help out, but this is my responsibilty now: I made that commitment.Thanks anyway to you guys
I still believe that Andrew was not trying to be dishonest. His sojourn at the pleasure of the US Law department must have severely disrupted his plans, and the apparent non-delivery of other orders sent but not received became a burden he could not deal with. He did post to the effect that he was overdrawn a considerable amount, and I am sure that would preclude him from paying for more replacements.I am very saddened that he has been unable to come through.I am SURE he feels worse than all of us.
Now it is my turn to honour my word.It WILL take time: I am not rich . But I do believe in being honorable to my word.I wish I could find the original Manufacturer of the badges already supplied.They must have the jigs/dies/tooling available to make some more, but the Company Andrew first mentioned at the beginning of this whole thread has not replied to me at all. That is sad, and not very business-like. I sent them an email explaining that some of the outstanding orders to customers here on PFF were still being waited upon, and that I was trying to help resolve that situation, but no reply,as I stated earlier.Thanks Steve
Thanks for reading, and I appreciate your patience in waiting for my attempts to put things right
Nick
------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-11-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2006 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
One down, three to go..
Nick

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
David, you have a payment from Paypal
Nick

------------------

PFF
System Bot
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
Well, thank you very much Nick. Again, I didn't at all think this was your responsibility but you truly are a man of your word and if you ever need a reference for anything, feel free to count on me for a positive one.

Don't know what to say. Just kinda speechless.

Thank you again.

David
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
David, I am just hoping that Andrew will be back here soon, and you will be able to get your badge in the end, and the others too.
I would like to chat to Andrew about his plans..I have found some very interesting tools that can produce the badges, leaving just the enamel colouring to be applied by the new owner..it is a very simple plan, and once the initial finances are sorted, there is an endless array of opportunities to produce all kinds of different things.
Anyway, glad to have helped out..please keep an open mind about Andrew...I still don't believe he is dishonest
Nick
Still trying to sort out the other Members here..be patient Guys!! I will be in touch..
Nick

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-14-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
It seems that all the problems have been resolved for now, and that everybody is anxious to see Andrew come back and be ok.We have some wonderful, kind and helpful people here, as if we didn't all know anyway.I sincerely hope everybody is happy, and hope Andrew can return when any/all problems he might have experienced lately are resolved.I look forward to that day.
Nick

------------------

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Damn... you did that out of your own pocket??? Very nice.
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I would like to thank Nick (fierofetish) for all his hard work in trying to resolve the matter of the outstanding badge orders.
Nick offered to refund the money that I had paid, After declining his offer Nick found someone who was willing to sell one of their
badges. So big thanks also go out to topcat who contacted me and shipped out my new badge straight away, which arrived here
in the UK today. A big plus for you both. Hopefully Lyode will come across soon with my engine so I can have a car to put my neew badge on.
Thanks Carl.
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know if these badges are available again now that F-I-E-R-O is back on the forum?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
post visited 12345 times- COOL! I have to say that I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for Nick and Timo. I've spoken to them many times and it was with their and many others encouragement that I came back here and have been able to deal with some things that I'd rather not discuss. Again, I can't say enough about the people on this forum. I can honestly say that so many of you are better than my family and local friends.

When I was released from the "big house" I had to struggle not only with looming foreclosure and possible bankruptcy, but the huge disappointment that what I had done for others around me and in my life was quickly forgotten.... I'm a very giving person. I do things for everyone and anyone who asks. I used to do things for my neighbors without wanting anything in return- such as using my snow blower to clear out sidewalks, driveways and plowed in aprons up and down my block. I never expected a thank you, and never stopped by to let them know that I had done it. When they got home it was done and they didn't have to worry about it.

When I got home, our yard was a field, and I discovered that no one had stopped over to ask Linda if everything was OK. We live in a nice neighborhood, and the front lawn is a big hill making it difficult for Linda to mow. To see that none of the able bodied men stopped by to see if Linda and Em were OK, to learn that no one had stopped by to ask if they were alright based on the fact that one of the houses in the neighborhood with one of the nicest lawns and landscaping had turned into a disaster- that alone should have thrown up red flags.

So I understand the disappointment here and will do everything in my power to turn that around. I appreciate not having to face one or a few of those "XXXXXXX is a JERK!" threads. I am going to post the three badges that I will take reservations on. They will be the standard badge, a V8 badge, and an SC badge that Timo and I were talking about last night. BTW, having SKYPE and being able to talk to anyone in the world for free is AWESOME! The pricing will be a little more for the badges than before because the cost has gone up a bit and I didn't charge enough to cover the first run, so sorry about that. Also, when I do this in the next couple weeks, I will only take reservations. No money. When you receive the badge, then send the money. I really don't see much difference in trusting others vs myself and am more than willing to do business this way.

Thanks again for letting me be a member here, for letting me be a part of this great community, and never forget that if your life seems like it's going through a blender that this is the place to be for people you can truly count on.

ps: SHOP AT MY STORE FOR SOME GREAT CHRISTMAS STUFF! BUY LOTS OF GIFTS FOR EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

------------------
Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Here we go folks, here is the "Supercharged Fiero" badge that will be one of the three badges to go into production. I hope you like...

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Here we go folks, here is the "Supercharged Fiero" badge that will be one of the three badges to go into production. I hope you like...

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Very nice!
How much are you getting for V8 badges? Paypal okay? What is the turn-around time?

Just curious... Who is the model? Looks like Kirstie Allie, about 15 years and 50 lbs ago.

Edit -- I also am happy to see you back. I hope everything is working out for you. Unlike some of the other posters here, I'm not one to "wax eloquent" but I'm glad you're well, and getting the things in your life back on track.
Take care of yo-seff! (That's a southern thing. )

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-21-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock