Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Lopsided chops? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lopsided chops? by jmbishop
Started on: 08-27-2008 12:19 AM
Replies: 1023 (17361 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-08-2008 08:55 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Hello, Mr. Pot.

Hi!!!
IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by GMGW3:

BZZZZT wrong... I have nothing to prove to you, I know what my chopper is capable of. and BTW my car can launch just fine from a dig .. it squats down and goes like hell and getting bit of rubber into second. The tranny is doing just fine. That SS had 2 chances to take me out and FAILED. The SS is a mid 13 second car easy, that would put me at least 13.2 or better putting that many lengths on him. Not to shabby for a pokey old V8 ehh? that is plenty fast for me for a street cruiser. FYI i do have a aftermarket TPI intake and LT1 injectors to mate to the Vortec heads, theres no issues in the breathing dept. This is pointless , like trying to argue with a brick with its own head up its a** I have nothing more to add, have fun Mr knowitall.

You have nothing to prove to me but you also don't want to prove to yourself that you have a high 13 second car. And if you think mid 13s is fast for what you have into the car then sorry for you. Like i said before you can't say what your car will run off of racing another car that runs XXX times. For all you know that Camaro SS could have been a V-6 Camaro with a flowmaster with some SS stickers.

But if the car is fast enough for you then thats all that matters.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

ROFL I was wondering also, now that you pointed it out... wait, does that mean your eating me?

LOL, you do taste like chicken, don't you?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

But the swaps I have done for myself are faster than your Ol' Boy' Archee and done for alot less.

What swaps have you done?
What are the 1/4 mile times?
What are the dyno results?

GMGW3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For all you know that Camaro SS could have been a V-6 Camaro with a flowmaster with some SS stickers.

Oh give me a break! I was going just let this thread lay and rot, but my morbid curiosity to see what sort of lame come back was waiting lured me in.. And i was right! You are really grasping at straws now if you think for one minute a V6 with a flowmaster sounds like a LS1 I feel sorry for you if you have a hard time telling the difference LOL, maybe you need to go back to autopower 101. Im no noob when it comes to cars or drag racing. Ive spent my share of time at the track with other cars when I was younger. I was the one my friends came to when they wanted there cars modified or hopped up, probably cause I worked at a auto parts store and got a discount lol. but thats besides the point. I know my cars, the Camaro I raced was a true blue 2000+ SS - hood and all. A well known 13 second car for those that are autophiles. We left the light at the same time, I pulled at least 4 cars on him and was still pulling before I shut down due the fact I was already 30 over the posted limit (in a 45) He was going balls to the wall as was I. Logic dictates I had the faster car since I was pulling on him that hard right?! what is so hard to understand about that? You are slowww arnt you..dee dee dee.. Yes as hard as it is for you to belive the Archie powered V8 Fiero blew its doors off, you cant argue with results! Im checkin out of this thread, I have a life and better things to do. You can play your little mind games with the others now. see ya
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

What swaps have you done?
What are the 1/4 mile times?
What are the dyno results?

Damn it man--What took you so long to get here? I thought you had jumped ship like some other members and went into hiding.

Edit:

I know we have been in these same type Threads many of times. You should know by know what swap I have and what it runs. All I got is a little Ol' V-6 swapped in with some 93 octane.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 09-11-2008).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by GMGW3:

Oh give me a break! I was going just let this thread lay and rot, but my morbid curiosity to see what sort of lame come back was waiting lured me in.. And i was right! You are really grasping at straws now if you think for one minute a V6 with a flowmaster sounds like a LS1 I feel sorry for you if you have a hard time telling the difference LOL, maybe you need to go back to autopower 101. Im no noob when it comes to cars or drag racing. Ive spent my share of time at the track with other cars when I was younger. I was the one my friends came to when they wanted there cars modified or hopped up, probably cause I worked at a auto parts store and got a discount lol. but thats besides the point. I know my cars, the Camaro I raced was a true blue 2000+ SS - hood and all. A well known 13 second car for those that are autophiles. We left the light at the same time, I pulled at least 4 cars on him and was still pulling before I shut down due the fact I was already 30 over the posted limit (in a 45) He was going balls to the wall as was I. Logic dictates I had the faster car since I was pulling on him that hard right?! what is so hard to understand about that? You are slowww arnt you..dee dee dee.. Yes as hard as it is for you to belive the Archie powered V8 Fiero blew its doors off, you cant argue with results! Im checkin out of this thread, I have a life and better things to do. You can play your little mind games with the others now. see ya

It's hard not to keep coming back to this Thread being everything else on the Forum now is boring. I know I tried myself but I just couldn't resist the temptation of coming back to reply to a post by someone else.

You keep adding more and more to your Camaro SS race story as this Thread goes on. It still doesn't prove that your car is any faster than a high 13 second V-8 powered Fiero. But like I said if you think high 13s is fast for a car these days and are happy with what you got then thats all that matters. Enjoy your car and have fun with it.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn it man--What took you so long to get here? I thought you had jumped ship like some other members and went into hiding.

That's right, even your friends aren't posting in this thread anymore.

You're sure carrying so much hate with you that they must be embarrassed by your rants.

Archie
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

You're sure carrying so much hate with you that they must be embarrassed by your rants.

Archie

This is not the Thread that all my "FRIENDS" where posting in there HERO. They are so embarrassed by me that they kicked me out of the club so I started my own club. You wanna join?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I stopped posting because I'm waiting on proof and people stopped slinging mud in my direction.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I stopped posting because I'm waiting on proof and people stopped slinging mud in my direction.

Yep, we're all waiting on the proof too.
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit:

I know we have been in these same type Threads many of times. You should know by know what swap I have and what it runs. All I got is a little Ol' V-6 swapped in with some 93 octane.

I've been here. Just had no need to reply since I don't have a choptop. But since you brought up the speed/power issue of your swap to a V-8, I replied.
Sorry, I wasn't interested in your swap before, So I never paid attention to what you did or what your car runs.
Anyhow, After a quick search I found your swap and the thread with your last run.

I always find it humorous when people start comparing modified engines to basically stock engines. Adding $1000+ mods to an engine and then comparing it to an off-the-shelf engine is like comparing apples and oranges. I really don't get why folks say V-8's are "slow". They all run in the 12-13 second range with a basically stock normally aspirated engine in a 2800-3000 lbs vehicle. A stock 3800SC runs in the 13-14 range. The slowest SBC that has a time slip is 13.8 driven by someone who had no drag strip experience when he ran it. There is a 3800SC that ran a 14.5. Using YOUR logic, 3800SC's are "VERY slow".

You have modified your engine and are running 12.0. While it is great that you were able to modify and match/tune your engine for more power, It required modification to get there.
For all your hard work modifying and tuning, You are .3 seconds faster than an off-the-shelf basic carb'd SBC, Congrats!

Most SBC V-8 Fiero's are just your basic SBC. (not to mention that there are many versions of basic SBC's so the power output varies greatly as well.)
If we look at modified SBC's you have Tina who added only nitrous to a 383 SBC and is running mid 11's, Troy Richie did the same thing and got into mid 11's as well. Nick Wagoner modified his LS1 and has a dyno-proven 508hp. Yes, I know that 3800's can be modified for huge power as well. What FieroX has done is very, very impressive. I really hope next year we see him getting close to or into the 9-second range. I applaud all the work he has done and wish him well in his quest.

Cost of the swaps is a moot point. Swapping in a used low mileage engine will always cost less than buying a new crate engine. The mods you have done to your engine to get the power required to get into the 12 second range cost more than the basic kit to swap in an SBC.

Point is comparing a modified engine to a basically stock engine, Then calling the stock engine "slow" is pretty foolish.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-12-2008).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been here. Just had no need to reply since I don't have a choptop. But since you brought up the speed/power issue of your swap to a V-8, I replied.
Sorry, I wasn't interested in your swap before, So I never paid attention to what you did or what your car runs.
Anyhow, After a quick search I found your swap and the thread with your last run.

I always find it humorous when people start comparing modified engines to basically stock engines. Adding $1000+ mods to an engine and then comparing it to an off-the-shelf engine is like comparing apples and oranges. I really don't get why folks say V-8's are "slow". They all run in the 12-13 second range with a basically stock normally aspirated engine in a 2800-3000 lbs vehicle. A stock 3800SC runs in the 13-14 range. The slowest SBC that has a time slip is 13.8 driven by someone who had no drag strip experience when he ran it. There is a 3800SC that ran a 14.5. Using YOUR logic, 3800SC's are "VERY slow".

You have modified your engine and are running 12.0. While it is great that you were able to modify and match/tune your engine for more power, It required modification to get there.
For all your hard work modifying and tuning, You are .3 seconds faster than an off-the-shelf basic carb'd SBC, Congrats!

Most SBC V-8 Fiero's are just your basic SBC. (not to mention that there are many versions of basic SBC's so the power output varies greatly as well.)
If we look at modified SBC's you have Tina who added only nitrous to a 383 SBC and is running mid 11's, Troy Richie did the same thing and got into mid 11's as well. Nick Wagoner modified his LS1 and has a dyno-proven 508hp. Yes, I know that 3800's can be modified for huge power as well. What FieroX has done is very, very impressive. I really hope next year we see him getting close to or into the 9-second range. I applaud all the work he has done and wish him well in his quest.

Cost of the swaps is a moot point. Swapping in a used low mileage engine will always cost less than buying a new crate engine. The mods you have done to your engine to get the power required to get into the 12 second range cost more than the basic kit to swap in an SBC.

Point is comparing a modified engine to a basically stock engine, Then calling the stock engine "slow" is pretty foolish.

I like to compare it in this way. I used a Ol' junkyard engine/trans, bought all my parts second hand except the cam/springs and thru it all together with some "Popular Mechanic" tools I got for X-mas about 9 years ago. Which by the way, Popular Mechanics is now owned by Stanley if you need your tools warranted still. I have a total of around $3K in my total motor/trans setup give or take a little. So for 3K I put together a 12.0 daily driven car using a junkyard motor/trans with some go fast parts compared to the 10K or more for a V-8 swap. I will bet my junkyard motor will still be running strong long after the V-8 Fiero has been sold to its third owner. Maybe someone should try using low mileage LSX for there swaps to cut down on the cost for the customer, I mean its been proven with the 3800SC that junkyard motors run pretty damn good. I mean if we are comparing engines to engines with swaps then lets compare money spent versus money spent on a swap. If thats the case then I will have about 7K to spend on my swap to catch up to a V-8 swap done by the master.

We can talk about price of this, cost of that, this many MODs to run that but in the end it all boils down to:

Run what you brung!!!!!!

If a car runs slower than mine then it gets called slow. But if the owner is happy with how it runs and the times it runs then thats all that matters.

One more thing:

It doesn't matter if the car is only .3 seconds faster than yours, it's still faster and cost me alot less.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 09-12-2008).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It doesn't matter if the car is only .3 seconds faster than yours, it's still faster and cost me alot less.

And it's still worth allot less...........If we put your car next to Oreif's and let 100 people pick which car they would rather have, I don't think many would pick yours.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So for 3K I put together a 12.0 daily driven car using a junkyard motor/trans with some go fast parts compared to the 10K or more for a V-8 swap.

Not all V-8 swaps cost $10K. There are many who bought the basic kit and a used motor for around the same amount of money you spent.
Just because some chose to pay someone for the labor and you did all the labor yourself is moot. How much of your time did you spend doing the swap and mods? What do you charge for your labor rate? In my case with my job and family requirements, I paid to have it all done (and done right) within 2 weeks time. Time = Money, I spent the money to save the time.

I will bet my junkyard motor will still be running strong long after the V-8 Fiero has been sold to its third owner.

What does selling a car have to do with reliability? Golden86 built a very nice 3800SC, Posted vids on how fast it was, Then sold it. And If I recall it's was sold again!
The car (from what the new owner has posted) still runs fine. Just because an owner decides to get another project does not mean the car is unreliable.

Maybe someone should try using low mileage LSX for there swaps to cut down on the cost for the customer, I mean its been proven with the 3800SC that junkyard motors run pretty damn good. I mean if we are comparing engines to engines with swaps then lets compare money spent versus money spent on a swap. If thats the case then I will have about 7K to spend on my swap to catch up to a V-8 swap done by the master.

I never said that used engines were bad, Just that many who do SBC's prefer crate engines. Used V-8 engines have already been done (including LSx engines) and done for less than the $10K you think.

We can talk about price of this, cost of that, this many MODs to run that but in the end it all boils down to:

Run what you brung!!!!!!

If a car runs slower than mine then it gets called slow. But if the owner is happy with how it runs and the times it runs then thats all that matters.

Out of all of your "boils down" the only thing that matters is what I bolded, And since you agree, Why is it you continue to disagree/flame others for their choice of what they do to their car or how they spend their money?

One more thing:

That may be true but one has to actually care about that statement for it to have any kind of effect. Personally I don't care. See what I bolded in your "boils down" quote.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-12-2008).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:
And it's still worth allot less...........If we put your car next to Oreif's and let 100 people pick which car they would rather have, I don't think many would pick yours.

Would that be 100 random people or a selected 100 people from certain area, countries, gender, race ect? This is information I would need to know before I could agree or disagree.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

That may be true but one has to actually care about that statement for it to have any kind of effect. Personally I don't care. See what I bolded in your "boils down" quote.

I really don't care myself either but this gives me something to do before I have to leave for work and when I get home in the morning.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unrelated to your V6 vs. V8 feud, I find it funny that "Independence has been declared", but you post here more than there.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unrelated to your V6 vs. V8 feud, I find it funny that "Independence has been declared", but you post here more than there.

Sure--Is it the 4th or something?

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really don't care myself either but this gives me something to do before I have to leave for work and when I get home in the morning.

Oh, I see. So you just troll certain threads just because it gives you something to do before and after work.
Glad we got that worked out.
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought this was going to be a thread about a type of hair style.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, I see. So you just troll certain threads just because it gives you something to do before and after work.
Glad we got that worked out.

This Thread is in the Trashcan. If you read the Thread you will see I didn't post but maybe twice before it hit the can. I then commented to Back that I would like my dumpster with a few MODs and then I got attacked for my comments and it went from there. I am not the one that started this Thread, I wasn't the first to attack anyone, I just went with it and wasted some time. If you go back and read the Thread you will see. 99% of the people that came into this Thread came in attacking me first and I just replied back.

But since I got all the V-8 people in here. Got a ? for yall. I have an OL' 307 that came out of my 72 Chevy truck that needs rebuilt. Thinking of rebuilding it, leaving it carbed and putting it on a 65E. Sound like it would be a good setup? Going with the 307 cause I already have it and its cheap.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I then commented to Back that I would like my dumpster with a few MODs

did someone request a dumpster pic?

i'm back in business photochopping I can sit down at the computer straight now that its been 9 days after my hernia surgery!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would suggest that you take some of your trolling time & go out to the garage & fix that lopsided LS4 swap that you've been working on for the last couple of years.

Now we can understand why you don't post pics of your own work or installs.

Archie
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would suggest that you take some of your trolling time & go out to the garage & fix that lopsided LS4 swap that you've been working on for the last couple of years.

Archie

I have the same problem, mine isnt as bad though... but it has some pretty nasty torque on the P/S tire. Once my easy projects are done and my hernia surgery heals, I'm going to work on it.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like to compare it in this way. I used a Ol' junkyard engine/trans, bought all my parts second hand except the cam/springs and thru it all together with some "Popular Mechanic" tools I got for X-mas about 9 years ago.

Good for you.

I guess you must think something like a new GT-R, ZR1, Enzo, or Veyron must be a slow piece of junk for the money because you've built such a fantastic ride for so little cash.

Not everyone wants to build with junk parts. There's nothing wrong with using salvage parts on your car - but some people prefer to buy a new engine. Compare your exact build with a new crate engine, new parts instead of swap meet finds, and go buy your own tools.

Having Archie build you a car does cost more than putting one together yourself out of used parts.
Buying a new car also costs more than buying a used one.
Eating in a restaurant costs more than McDonald's.

I don't compare a Big Mac to Prime Rib. When I want a burger, I get a burger. When I want prime rib, I get prime rib, and I don't freak out over the price. I pay for what I want. And in a full service restaurant, part of what you're paying for is the service and not having to cook yourself.

Part of what you're paying for with Archie is not having to build it yourself and starting off with a fresh engine.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I already did--It will be going back in tonight for another test fit and will take some more pictures. It was off by 1/4 inch in that picture, which didn't sound like much or look that off till I looked at the pictures. After seeing the pictures, I couldn't let it stay that way so it was corrected. I have only been working on the swap for about a year so not forsure where you got the quote"last couple of years". I agree it is going slow but there is no big rush in getting it done being I already have a fast Fiero that gets the job done. Takes a little longer when you don't pay for an overpriced kit consisiting of angle iron, 30# flywheel and a bunch of other junk. But in the end when it is complete, it will be faster than any of your swaps.

Foot in mouth quote by Archee:
"Now we can understand why you don't post pics of your own work or installs."

If I didn't post pictures of my work then where did you get the picture you posted? Not a very smart comment to make when you prove your own comment wrong. Not to mention I have build Threads on my other 3800SC swaps with plenty of pictures.

Have anything else you wanna say?

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Formula88:

Good for you.

I guess you must think something like a new GT-R, ZR1, Enzo, or Veyron must be a slow piece of junk for the money because you've built such a fantastic ride for so little cash.

Not everyone wants to build with junk parts. There's nothing wrong with using salvage parts on your car - but some people prefer to buy a new engine. Compare your exact build with a new crate engine, new parts instead of swap meet finds, and go buy your own tools.

Having Archie build you a car does cost more than putting one together yourself out of used parts.
Buying a new car also costs more than buying a used one.
Eating in a restaurant costs more than McDonald's.

I don't compare a Big Mac to Prime Rib. When I want a burger, I get a burger. When I want prime rib, I get prime rib, and I don't freak out over the price. I pay for what I want. And in a full service restaurant, part of what you're paying for is the service and not having to cook yourself.

Part of what you're paying for with Archie is not having to build it yourself and starting off with a fresh engine.

It really took you a long time to make it on here. You are usually right in the middle of every V-8 Thread preaching the word of "ARCHEE". I don't read what you have to say being you don't have a dog in the hunt.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

I meant about bashing the forum, I meant bashing the people on this forum. If you want quotes of that, let me know and I'll post 'em up.

Still waiting!!!!!

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still waiting!!!!!

Allright, for starters:

As posted on RFT"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Aaron wrote:

The forum has no purpose except for the dumb****s who need help on common problems that are easy to diagnose, and easy to fix.

Posted by MstangsBware:
You should sign back up over there then. You would fit right in.

So you basically called everyone here a dumbf**k. Nice.
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I already did--It will be going back in tonight for another test fit and will take some more pictures. It was off by 1/4 inch in that picture, which didn't sound like much or look that off till I looked at the pictures. After seeing the pictures, I couldn't let it stay that way so it was corrected. I have only been working on the swap for about a year so not forsure where you got the quote"last couple of years". I agree it is going slow but there is no big rush in getting it done being I already have a fast Fiero that gets the job done. Takes a little longer when you don't pay for an overpriced kit consisiting of angle iron, 30# flywheel and a bunch of other junk. But in the end when it is complete, it will be faster than any of your swaps.

Foot in mouth quote by Archee:
"Now we can understand why you don't post pics of your own work or installs."

If I didn't post pictures of my work then where did you get the picture you posted? Not a very smart comment to make when you prove your own comment wrong. Not to mention I have build Threads on my other 3800SC swaps with plenty of pictures.

Have anything else you wanna say?

At least your water pump isn't in the wheel well!

Zing!

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 09-14-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you basically called everyone here a dumbf**k. Nice.

Yeah--As you can see--Arron posted that comment and I posted my comment directed to him. Anything else there--Thats all you can find after weeks of looking.

So tell me Mr. Bush--Why not use the same screen name over on RFT as you do here?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

At least your water pump isn't in the wheel well!

Zing!

You might want to step into the 21st. Century. The waterpumps on my kits have been electric for a long time.

So zing you A$$

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You might want to step into the 21st. Century. The waterpumps on my kits have been electric for a long time.

[

Now that is a classic quote coming from OL' Archee himself. It only took 20 years for you to build a mandrel exhaust for a swap not crush bent pipe, put a CAI on a swap instead of a micro cone filter str8 off the MAF and acutally getting into making billet parts for your swaps. I have to admit, it only took you 20 years to figure it out but you are starting to step into the 20th century with some of your swap. Now if you could only make one fast, I don't mean mid 13's fast but low 11 second fast so you are up to speed with the rest of the speed shops out there.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is a classic quote coming from OL' Archee himself. It only took 20 years for you to build a mandrel exhaust for a swap not crush bent pipe, put a CAI on a swap instead of a micro cone filter str8 off the MAF and acutally getting into making billet parts for your swaps. I have to admit, it only took you 20 years to figure it out but you are starting to step into the 20th century with some of your swap. Now if you could only make one fast, I don't mean mid 13's fast but low 11 second fast so you are up to speed with the rest of the speed shops out there.

If you've read every build thread I have on this forum, you've only seen about 10% of everything I've built. So you have no freeking idea what all I've dome or not done.

I can tell you for sure, that I can put an engine in a car without it being lopsided.

Unlike you, when I say you did it lopsided, I bring proof. You only bring lies & accusations.

You want to see more?

How's that?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you've read every build thread I have on this forum, you've only seen about 10% of everything I've built. So you have no freeking idea what all I've dome or not done.

How's that?

I know one thing you haven't done---Built a fast V-8 Fiero in the last 20 years and counting. Which is what you are supposed to be the "KING" of.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know one thing you haven't done---Built a fast V-8 Fiero in the last 20 years and counting. Which is what you are supposed to be the "KING" of.

Wrong again, morons like you declaired me to be "King". I've never claimed to be King of anything.

Try again Hero

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wrong again, morons like you declaired me to be "King". I've never claimed to be King of anything.

Try again Hero

Well I am glad you admit to it.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Where are my mirror's?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock