Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  '68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-03-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 591 (44267 views)
Last post by: jagwinn on 04-02-2019 08:39 PM
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello there.. new to PFF but I must say I surely hope somebody saves this concept. It is a real shame you guys couldn't finish it and it would totally suck to see it go to the scrap yard. Of all the noses I've seen available for the fiero in the aftermarket this one needs to be a reality. The only other one I've seen other than this one that really caught my eye was the one Amida made. Maybe he should pick it up and finish the GTO design.. He is amazing but Whomever does decide to finish this nose please leave a link so we can follow it and hopefully see it be produced so all who want one (including me) can get one.
IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The iGTO bumper car was sold and it fell off the trailer at its destination. The bumper was damaged, possibly destroyed. I don't know how bad because I've not seen pictures. The buyer stated that he doesn't think he can fix it.

Jonathan
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear that.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2015 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any updates on this ? Would be a shame.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have my mock up front clip on a stand yet, Perhaps when I get done with Johns car i will tackle trying this.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

The iGTO bumper car was sold and it fell off the trailer at its destination. The bumper was damaged, possibly destroyed. I don't know how bad because I've not seen pictures. The buyer stated that he doesn't think he can fix it.

Jonathan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Copy Rights to this is up for grabs, just contact me.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

[URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128333-3.html]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was this not sold and then damaged beyond repair during transport? Is there a copy right filed for this design, if so what is the amount your looking for? It was looking good and almost complete and I know you had a lot of time invested so I hope someone takes this idea to production.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 09-23-2015).]

dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes this was destroyed while transporting I am still running over parts of it with my mower. Turns out it wasn't water proof either.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I don't doubt that it wasn't water proof, you took the production at only half stage and had not even made a mold of it yet.
So, you statement, though true, is yet a statement that shows you had no idea what you had, nor how to protect it. The foam was not meant to be a finished product by any means but a sculpture of something to come.

If someone wants the copy rights, they can email me or boostdreamer a price.a price.

------------------

[URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128333-3.html]

Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was quite the build, I'll shoot a pm
PFF
System Bot
slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't think someone can claim and sell a copyright on this.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

I really don't think someone can claim and sell a copyright on this.

Take that to the copyright office.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anything, the purchaser of said bumper would have rights to sell any copyright on said product.... Or GM would have copyrights and patents on their design styles.

------------------

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn: Take that to the copyright office.

The copyright office doesn't judge the validity of copyright claims. Just because they issued a copyright, that does not guarantee it's enforceable. That's something that would need to be determined in court. Unless you have plans or blueprints that are copyrighted, you're going to have a tough time enforcing that copyright.

That said, why someone would want to enforce a copyright on an unfinished body part for a car is beyond me. But whatever...

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-05-2016).]

slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

That said, why someone would want to enforce a copyright on an unfinished body part for a car is beyond me. But whatever...

If someone got swindled into actually buying this "copyright", I'd imagine they would have to enforce what little worth there is in it else the copyright is lost. Just seems like a dirty cash grab for an unfinished idea to me.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

If someone got swindled into actually buying this "copyright", I'd imagine they would have to enforce what little worth there is in it else the copyright is lost. Just seems like a dirty cash grab for an unfinished idea to me.

I completely agree. I enjoy reading new posts to this thread simply to see where the silliness takes it. The concept of an enforceable copyright on what is now lawn fertilizer is comical.

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 04-08-2016).]

jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this went to crap.... I was super stoked at this product. I wish there was a collaboration to build another for the furtherment of the fun and excitement that we are all supposed to be here for. Set aside the money for a minute guys and just help a larger whole benefit.
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish this went into production.
I think its it's much better than the ferrari style looks
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for future reference, anyone who wants to take this on is more than welcome too. We had fun making it. Our supllies and Demands of our families had to come first. Plus the donor car was sold so...........you have our permision.

We would like to see this go forward too....

------------------

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

for future reference, anyone who wants to take this on is more than welcome too. We had fun making it. Our supllies and Demands of our families had to come first. Plus the donor car was sold so...........you have our permision.

We would like to see this go forward too....

Challenge accepted. Fiero Fiberglass has been contacted by a Fiero owner who would like us to build and produce this. We are in discussions right now about it.
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Challenge accepted. Fiero Fiberglass has been contacted by a Fiero owner who would like us to build and produce this. We are in discussions right now about it.

I have spoke with fiero owner and he has let me know what all is taking place, awesome!!
I let him know that I can send him the copyright for the build as he is in contact with you.

This will be awesome.
So:
There was a list of individuals who were interested in this being produced. I or Boostdreamer could reset the list up here if you would like.
BassClefJeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BassClefJeffSend a Private Message to BassClefJeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! I am looking forward to this. Can you tell us which style you are going for? (chin forward vs. nose forward)
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loading ............

Any progress?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I know at this point is that Fiero Fiberglass is working on a few variations of the front end design. They have about $3k into this already.

Still waiting for the forum member to call me back for updates; we are willing to help with some of the costs. - It's not cheap......

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 08-27-2017).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2017 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still interested in buying a copy.
420ponies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[b][/b]Woo Hoo!! I'm Glad someone has taken this on! Now I can get back "to work "on my Fiero
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Ok, I'll be waiting for mine!

420ponies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard how this is going? I 'd thought this would be getting back off the ground.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 420ponies:

Anyone heard how this is going? I 'd thought this would be getting back off the ground.

Fiero Fiberglass is now up for sale ($25,000) due to the lead fiberglasser (Dan) retiring for health reasons. So I doubt this project will be progressing unless another vendor is found to take on the effort.

http://www.fierofiberglass.com/

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-13-2018).]

420ponies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word about this front bumper being resurrected ? Man, I'd like to add this to mine.
PFF
System Bot
jagwinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jagwinnSend a Private Message to jagwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-70-GTO-Front-Bumper-Nose-FIBERGLASS-NEW-Glasstek-/252400154987?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3AGTO][/url]

Just sayin'....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock