Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43540 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
IP: Logged
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man, that looks great! You guys need a sign to put up when you're working on that thing....."Artists at work, please don't drool on our project"

Thanks for the updates and pics. Gonna be another gorgeous ride from the A-mans shop!

HAGO!
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie, and thanks for painting the doors black and adding the white vinyl until we get a chance to have them upholstered. Lisa is now giving me specific details on how she wants the finale door upholstery to be . a lil more black and a lil less white, she is also paying close attention to the final G1 door panels that Amida is making ..... just shoot me. Oh well cant put a price tag on the wishes of my High School sweetheart .
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO....Don't feel bad Troy...it is both are faults (issue). I think we were both wanting the panels that I drew up and suggested, but he wasn't ready.
It took me forever to get him to build the G1 dash itself...so I should be thrilled it only took so little time on the door panels.

You know I went another direction as well and had EVM_Rob recreate the Zimmer Quicksilver panels...which are just being finally finished up now.

Glad I have multiple Fieros...will end up one with Zimmers and a few with the new G1 door panels...I completely understand why Lisa is looking and understand the other side of the coin and why you are frustrated.

I think there is some lesson about patients all tied up into this...but I am in too much of a hurry to figure it out.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures Troy!
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

she is also paying close attention to the final G1 door panels that Amida is making ..... just shoot me.

Is there info posted on this somewhere? I have seen several mentions of these door panels but I don't remember ever seeing a sketch or anything indicating what they will look like.

Edit: BTW Troy, thanks for coming back to the forum. I've been loving being able to watch this car come together!

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 02-13-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Is there info posted on this somewhere? I have seen several mentions of these door panels but I don't remember ever seeing a sketch or anything indicating what they will look like.

Edit: BTW Troy, thanks for coming back to the forum. I've been loving being able to watch this car come together!

Yellowstone is getting the first set, he leaked these photos on his thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091367-5.html

Can anyone guess why lisa loves these?
Hint:

I'm not sure when and if she will get these but Archie knew he couldn't send it home with the new dash and old Enterra doors.

old doors:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-13-2014).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! the ride is really coming together, nice engine bay.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been following this thread for a long time now and the car is looking amazing, it is going to look so unique and it is so clean it could be a factory car. Really really nice work.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok its time to get ready for paint!! Can someone please photo shop these pics with the bumpers, and the vents that line up with the T-tops just behind the door glass black and the mirrors white.

then can you do one of these with a white bumper and one with a black bumper both with the area around the tail lights painted black

Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-20-2014).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok its time to get ready for paint!! Can someone please photo shop these pics with the bumpers, and the vents that line up with the T-tops just behind the door glass black and the mirrors white.

then can you do one of these with a white bumper and one with a black bumper both with the area around the tail lights painted black

Thanks!!

OK I think I got it all

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-21-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks bro!
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks bro!

Welcome

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote is for the middle one!

Want to see how the front is going to look as well
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to play it safe we are going to paint it all white except the vent that matches up to the t-tops. We can always add the black later
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White bumpers black border, but black may be easier to repair chips/cracks.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Lisa keeps the bumpers white I will have the clear 3m protective film put on them. I also like the Black around the tail lights but the boss is up in the air about it until she sees the car . Even if she says black I'll have it wrapped in black vinyl first to make sure .
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SMART MAN!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car is coming out great !!!!

I love the engine
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot has been going on the last few weeks, I'll try to bring this thread up to date.

The day after Troy left, we got back to work.

We still had to open up the area under the new scoop we made for the decklid. The original Decklid had an inside & outside skin, so we had to go thru 2 different fiberglass surfaces.

At the back end of the scoop cutout, we had to close off the 2 fiberglass (inside & outside) skins. So we made a Fiberglass "U" shaped channel & glassed it between the 2 exposed layers of fiberglass.

We needed to glass in along both sides of the scoop opening.

While that was going on, Rob made the radiator ducting for behind the front grill. He made it out of ABC that was bent & cut for a perfect fit. This is a one pc. item.

It was decided that the 2nd trunk area needed a fiberglass cover over it. So Rob also made a cover for it from some flat fiberglass sheet that he made up.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finishing work on the underside of the decklid scoop opening.

More to come.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-26-2014).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Right after Troy left here from his last trip, it was decided that we were going to do the final paint on the body. We are not a paint shop & have never painted a Pearl paint job. The only Pearl we've done is Lisa's engine & front compartments. I have to admit that they did come out pretty good.

Originally Troy & Lisa had planned to have the car painted when they got it home. But, they'd have to make an appointment with a paint shop near them. Then, after waiting for the appointed date, they'd have to wait a month or more to get it back from paint. We would have also had to put together some instructions for the paint shop on how to take the car apart & put it back together & Troy would have to pay their labor rate for that too.

So, for a good customer & friend, we agreed to do the best we could here. While it might not be 100% perfect when we get done, we think we can get it to 95%.

So, prep begins for that part of the project.

Since we are going to paint the underside of the hood & decklid, that means that we are working on a lot of different surfaces. Going over all of the surfaces with 220 grit. getting into all pockets, like the hood louvers into all corners & lands & the long slots in the muffler cover etc.. Also in all the vent slots.... we have to sand to make them uniform & straight with good radii in the corners.

Then we inspect the surfaces for pin holes or imperfections & fill those as we find them. Then we sand those areas again with 220 G. Once we have all the pin holes eliminated, we will be priming them & then sanding the primer with 600 Grit. Filling any new pin holes we find & repeating the process as needed. Then we'll be ready to put down the paint.

On Fiberglass parts, you get pin holes that show up as you sand the surfaces. You can't help but get them....... you only hope is that you find & fill all of them.

As we surveyed the project, we find that the body consists of some 29 Fiberglass parts. Some of them will have to be painted inside & outside.

So, that amounts to plenty of work.

Continuing from where we left off, we began by preping the undersides of the decklid & hood.

Working on the outsides of the hood, decklid & muffler cover.

Filling pin holes then sanding again.

Then we did the proper primer on the 1st batch of parts.

More to come...

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Then it was on to the 2nd. batch of parts. Including the Door panels, front fenders, rocker panels, the nose & the outsides of the hood & decklid.

After the prep work, we set up to do the 2nd round of primer.

Then, yesterday afternoon, we shot the primer.....

Today, We got the car in a position where we could start preping the rest of the parts & main body sections.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are planning on using a downdraft paint booth to spray the top coats, right? What kind of spray equipment do you have access to? Sata or equivalent?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

You guys are planning on using a downdraft paint booth to spray the top coats, right? What kind of spray equipment do you have access to? Sata or equivalent?

You know, when I was writting the above posts today, I considered, putting in a line that I Don't care to answer a bunch of questions like those you have above. I didn't want to put that line in because I didn't want to be rude.

I'm not really interesting in having this thread turn into a bashing session on garage vs booth paint jobs.

WE don't like (or want) to do paint jobs here & the only reason we are doing this one is out of the direct request of a dear friend & customer. My customer & his boss know exactly what they're getting & how it's going to be done.

So, the answers to your questions are No, I don't know & I don't know right now.

Thanks

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie! everything is looking great and Lisa is very excited about the paint job.
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie. Now that you have one Enterra under your belt. Would I be in Ferrari land if I wanted you to do mine? I wouldn't need alot of the repairs as that car from Washington. Basically I would be happy with a few slight modifications. Mine is basically in good shape. A few rust areas but nothing as bad as what your finishing up. Now that you have your head wrapped around it do you have a ballpark for the body work? Ireally like the interior. It grows on you . I'm thinking green car with gold pearl overlay with my black interior. Call me sometine soon.
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Diamond Dave

81 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Hey Archie. Now that you have one Enterra under your belt. Would I be in Ferrari land if I wanted you to do mine? I wouldn't need alot of the repairs as that car from Washington. Basically I would be happy with a few slight modifications. Mine is basically in good shape. A few rust areas but nothing as bad as what your finishing up. Now that you have your head wrapped around it do you have a ballpark for the body work? Ireally like the interior. It grows on you . I'm thinking green car with gold pearl overlay with my black interior. Call me sometine soon.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-07-2014).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

You know, when I was writting the above posts today, I considered, putting in a line that I Don't care to answer a bunch of questions like those you have above. I didn't want to put that line in because I didn't want to be rude.

I'm not really interesting in having this thread turn into a bashing session on garage vs booth paint jobs.

WE don't like (or want) to do paint jobs here & the only reason we are doing this one is out of the direct request of a dear friend & customer. My customer & his boss know exactly what they're getting & how it's going to be done.

So, the answers to your questions are No, I don't know & I don't know right now.

Thanks

Archie

Archie, I have seen some very nice paint jobs come out of garages over the years, keep doing what your doing.

Joe
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Thanks

Archie

Don't misunderstand, I have no intention of bashing this thread, this build, or you or your shop.

The only reason I brought it up is because you are planning on using a high pearl paint which are usually applied in a tri-coat system. The paint is going ot have to be wet for longer than normal. I am confident that you know about the benefits of paint booths, I don't need to explain that.

I just want to see this car get finished up the best way possible, and pearl finishes can be so sensitive and are really hard to fix if there is an issue.

Just want this car to realize the fullest extent of the potential that you guys have brought out.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem.

We used this same paint system when we painted the engine compartment & when we did the front storage compartment & it actually came out pretty good.

This body consists of some 29 different fiberglass parts of various sizes. We will be painting most of the parts off of the car, so that we can cover the mating surfaces where the panels bolt together. That way all surfaces, that anyone can see, of each part will have the base, Pearl & clear coats on them. So it's going to be a much bigger job & we won't be able to paint all the parts on the same day.

The good part is that it is White & should be more forgiving than something like Pearl Orange or Green or anything like that.

Any pointers you might have are welcome, if you want to share.

Archie

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

Don't misunderstand, I have no intention of bashing this thread, this build, or you or your shop.

The only reason I brought it up is because you are planning on using a high pearl paint which are usually applied in a tri-coat system. The paint is going ot have to be wet for longer than normal. I am confident that you know about the benefits of paint booths, I don't need to explain that.

I just want to see this car get finished up the best way possible, and pearl finishes can be so sensitive and are really hard to fix if there is an issue.

Just want this car to realize the fullest extent of the potential that you guys have brought out.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-27-2014).]

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for an in-shop paint job, I would section off the area you are going to spray as much as possible, and get some air moving in there. Dampening the floor will cut down on the dust you will kick up off the floor.

As for the paint, you need to be REALLY careful and consistent with the pearl coat. You need to have the exact same overlap, as well as distance from the panel or you will end up with tiger stripes, dark spots, or mottling especially on the hoods and roof. Paint the car assembled as much as you can, so that the pearl is the same on every panel. Spray the whole side at once, not fender/door/quarter like a lot of guys do, or you will end up with dark spots on all the panel gaps. Keep in mind that pearl jobs and just under Kandy on the difficulty scale of paint jobs, and a lot of the same rules apply.

See about getting a desiccant and air filtration for the air that you are going to spray with, if you don't already have one.

I always recommend using the best spray equipment you can get your hands on. Maybe use you contacts to see about having a paint shop loan you a Sata or equivalent BC gun and CC gun. Good guns make a world of difference.

Maybe see about watching some Youtube video's about spraying pearl, there are lots of good ones out there that the paint manufacturers put out.

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 02-28-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint that they are using doesn't stay wet for any longer than any other color. The base is a simple easy white and the pearl is a really nice mixture that isn't any harder to spray than any high metallic they have sprayed in the past. Even though they are painting the car in pieces the only real concern with this particular paint color mixture is to be a little more careful with the spray patterns. This color will lay out really nice and should be only a moderately difficult paint to lay down and match.

I've sprayed some of Archie's cars in his shop and he does a really nice job of turning the spray area into a paint booth and the paint work comes out very nice. The guys have been spraying for quite some time now and have turned out a lot of really beautiful work and even though they are shooting a pearl on this car they will do just fine. The spraying of the other components have already taught them about the characteristics of the paint so they already know what to expect. They have great equipment and know how to use it.

The car is in great hands.

Good luck, guys....

Mark the paint guy

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 02-28-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok time for a small update, Lisa has asked for the new door panels that Amida is making. This change requires us to relocate the window and mirror switches back to the center console . I do not like the look or color of the old switch set up when paired with the G1 dash so..... This is what we just ordered to fit into the center console

to control the 2013 Camaro mirrors

and this should look nice with the Blue dash lighting

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-01-2014).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda putting it on a little heavy there Mark LOL.

Thanks for your confidence.

We will do as good as we can.

Archie

Originally posted by Firefox:

The paint that they are using doesn't stay wet for any longer than any other color. The base is a simple easy white and the pearl is a really nice mixture that isn't any harder to spray than any high metallic they have sprayed in the past. Even though they are painting the car in pieces the only real concern with this particular paint color mixture is to be a little more careful with the spray patterns. This color will lay out really nice and should be only a moderately difficult paint to lay down and match.

I've sprayed some of Archie's cars in his shop and he does a really nice job of turning the spray area into a paint booth and the paint work comes out very nice. The guys have been spraying for quite some time now and have turned out a lot of really beautiful work and even though they are shooting a pearl on this car they will do just fine. The spraying of the other components have already taught them about the characteristics of the paint so they already know what to expect. They have great equipment and know how to use it.

The car is in great hands.

Good luck, guys....

Mark the paint guy

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great build.
I love the v8archie under the fender on the frame. Every work of art needs a signature

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyrtime I look in this thread I want an Enterra.
Good work guys.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok time for a small update, Lisa has asked for the new door panels that Amida is making. This change requires us to relocate the window and mirror switches back to the center console . I do not like the look or color of the old switch set up when paired with the G1 dash so..... This is what we just ordered to fit into the center console

to control the 2013 Camaro mirrors

and this should look nice with the Blue dash lighting

Troy...I knew that was coming...don't feel bad...I am purchasing a set for BluDrm...even though the Zimmer Quicksilver door panels were book-marked for BluDrm and are just about finished as well...it is the way it goes!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the 3rd.(last) batch of parts.

The line between the top & bottom of the R. side door was not as defined as it is on the L.Side so we decided to fix it.

Start masking it off for the Primer.

Then we shot the primer

Beginning to wet sand the primer.

WE found that the OEM hood skin has a slight flaw in the accent lines right up towards the front. So we fixed it.

Then we reprimed it.

Rob & Kris

Have a nice weekend.

Archie

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was some discussion about the Enterra's origins. The Enterra was indeed made in Canada from1985 to 1987. It was then sold to a company in California who produced only 2 1988's. They were allowed to build bodies for the fieros but also were only allowed to be sold through a Pontiac dealer. The molds were required to be destroyed so someone could not produce copies. In all only 38 were built, 36 from Canada. There are no know spare parts available. Aldino is walking a very close line in reproducing such close replicas that are so close in shape to the Enterra. There is only one other known Enterra ever produced and that was made for an invester in the Enterra Company. They used his 1984 4 cylinder Fiero. It was upgraded with a V6 and has a 4 speed tranny. It was made with the 2nd generation body which was known for it's improved fitment. So far I have only heard of 3 that had V8 upgrades. Mine I hope will be the forth. I almost bought Lady Lisa's from Bill but got scared of from all the damage. Troy has deeper pockets than I. ;-))

This has trurned out to be the best build in my eyes by far. I am so happy for LL and hopes she drives it and enjoys this car to the max. Archie pulled out all the stops on this one. What a build! Way to go Archie and crew. Whooohooo!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading Diamond's post....Troy, Lisa, Archie...you should make molds of these panels now...it truly may be one of the last times to make a clean set of molds!

I think after this build thread...there are a few more people who would consider having one as well!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-08-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock