Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43488 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates Archie! Updates! We need more Enterra!
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates are kind of hard to get around to lately.

With Troy not participating in this thread, it's kind of quiet.

Troy & I communicate all the time & I send him pics & updates.

But, here goes....

The day after we shot on the Primer Sealer, we put on a coat of High Fill primer. At some point, when we get back to the body, this will need to be blocked out then inspected for pin holes & sanding scratches & finished up to be ready for the final paint job.

Finally once we got to this point Kris allowed up to pull out the old engine.....

This engine was kinda LOUD

Working at the LS engine mounting

Headers are wanted but, since they will only exit on 1 side of the cradle, the exhaust pipe routing is going to get complicated.

Once we did a couple of fittings of the new engine. We decided to take a short break on the car for some evaluation. So we put most of the panels on the car. Note that the panels are not aligned or attached with more than 1 or 2 fasteners each.

When attached properly, they will line up & look good.

In the meantime, the center console & woofer thingie came in......... they look great.... good stuff from a good guy

(Kris is trying the headgear on)

We are coming along pretty well on the engine/trans/cradle but not much to really show you yet.

We have taken the front crossmember out so that we can midify it for the P.Steering rack.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Considering how torn up & abused the body & running gear was on this car & considering how wasted the interior is/was......

The chassis on this car is 99.9% rust free........

Archie
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe i missed it, but what are you guys doing to or with the suspension and brakes ?
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie: We need an update, please?

Bob
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, it's been about 7 weeks since I've had a chance to update this thread. So, let's see if I can bring you up to date today.

We've got a lot done in a lot of different areas in the last 7 weeks & we'll see if I can make all of the updates make sense.

It'll take most of the day to get this all caught up but the last few pictures I post today are real cool. However, I must post all this other stuff so that those pictures can be shown in context.

YOU are NOT allowed to jump ahead in this thread to see the pics. YOU MUST read thru all this other stuff before you look at those pics.

I'll try to keep this in order however, a lot of the different things have been going on simultaneously. So let's see how I can do.

Mounting the engine to the cradle wasn't so bad. I bought some mounts from one of the guys here on the Forum. (I don't know if he wants me to post his name, so I'll let him do it.) The mounts were for an '88 cradle & this is an earlier cradle. So we used some of his parts & made some of our own.

Once we had the engine on the cradle, we had to figure out an alternator mounting. We wants a low mount Alt. But it was clear that mounting the Alternator low on anything but an '88 cradle could be a problem because of the 84-87 rear tie-rods being in the way.

We finally found a location where the alternator would clear everything & started making parts out of Aluminum blocks & flat stock on the Bridgeport.

In the meantime, Kris was making the bars & brackets. (Including glassing the brackets inside the new front bumper) to mount the bumper on the car.

We removed the front crossmember to mod it to mount the Power Steering rack.

After a bunch of measuring & welding it's coming along.....

Another (hopefully final) trail fit of the engine in the car.

Among other things, we are checking for clearance of the intake & the P.S. Res. to the decklid.

The Res. tank cap is clost to the side of the decklid rib, we will be modifying that area for a little more clearance.

Hard to see but we have about 1-1/2" clearance above the top of the intake.

Working on a plan for the exhaust routing......

With the collector for the headers coming out in the middle of the car.....

.....A lot of guys (myself included) would just put a "Y" in to split the exhaust to both sides & install cats & a 90* turn to go out to the back of the car. This is hot rodding but it can be too pretty loud.

But Lady Lisa, while loving some performance & a certain sweet V-8 rumble, knows that she is less likely to want to drive the car if it is louder than the Hot Rodded Camaro the 17 year old High Scool kid drives to school..

So it's gotta be something she "wants" to drive without waking up everyone in the neighborhood.

Normally we would make the trunk smaller (shallower) & put in dual spun cats & dual mufflers & resonator tips.

But, this car also has "T" tops & we want enough room in the trunk to store the "T" tops.

So, we have to find a compromise where we have enough room for the "T" top storage & yet can mount a good sized crossflow muffler & Cat. under the trunk floor. We want to have the 3" pipe from the collector going thru a 3" spun Cat. & into the muffler then dual 2.5" pipes coming out of the muffler & going out thru the exhaust pip locations in the rear facia.

Figuring out room needed to stroe the tops.....

Cutting to begin building the new trunk floor

A few pics of the new floor after we finished it..

More to come.......
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Over the last 7 weeks, we've worked on several areas of the car. These include Door panels, dash fitting, copnsole fitting, mounting seats, exhaust configuration, partial engine dis-assembly & re-assembly, cam install, timing set, lifters, pushrods, POR15 engin & trans. & powdercoating.

Hard to figure out how to post the details & not be confusing people.

Let's try the exhaust building. Here are some pick of the actual building of the exhaust.

The header collector had long pipes goingdown to the collector.....

We had to shorten it up.....

We put the car on the rack to build the exhaust.

To clear the muffler, we had to take about 3" ioff of the front edge of the muffle cover.

Some exhaust build pics.

We also were working on the door panels.....

This is what we started with

IMHO, the best way to do this was to locate the door handle. In a post by JScott (I believe) he posted up some dimensions for the handle location, so we tried that location first. It turned out to be the best advice on the whole process.

From there we started cutting the perimiter

We put green tape on the inside of the door frame where the door seal would contact it.

You can see how the edges of the door panel stick out from the inside door frame. That means that the door panel will actually extend a little farther into the passenger compartment thant the OEM panels. So you need to make sure that the trimmed edges of the door panels are cut back far enough to clear the hard plastic inside "A" & "B" pillar trim & the sill plate trim. There will have to be a return made all around the door panels to close off the ends & bottoms of the panels.

There is a "Hump" on the right side door panel near the top & front. This interferes with the new dash & will have to be flattened out.

No "Hump" on the drivers' side.

More to come..........

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
More on the door panels......

As you may have noticed, Troy don't settle for any of the parts on his cars not being well thought out. After trimming down the door panels to fit the Fiero door frame, we found that the panels were way too flexible & weak to put good quality upholstery on them & have them look & function good when completed.
These don't even look strong enough to properly upholster.....

Since we don't do upholstery here & since the door panels are made up of 4 distinct different parts. The only way to be able to have someone upholster the parts was to make it so that they could be disassembled, upholstered then re-assembled.

We identified the parts of the panel as Perimiter, Arm Rest, Map Pocket & the board.

The door panels were assembled originally with melted down plastic tabs (as indicated by the Red Dots) to hold the 4 parts together.

We determined that the board on the door panels was way too weak to support the other 3 parts. So we glassed up the board to make it bigger & stronger. Here Kris is working on attachment points for the arm rest on the new board.

Map pocket

Perimiter

It's taking shape

Then we needed to make walls around the outsides of the perimiter pcs.

He also had to make end caps for the arm rests.

While doing all of this, he's also removing the "Hump" in the right side door panel.

I also did a video for whoever upholsters the panels to explain this to them. http://youtu.be/kJCOYMslqIA

more later....
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Installing non-Fiero seats into our cars is always a special challenge.

Sometimes you just have to switch over the rails but other times you have to re-enginer the whole thing.

On these seats the drivers side had power with adjustments in about every direction, including up & down. The passenger seat is all manual & doesn't go up & down.

Here's the drivers seat next to a Fiero seat.

Lots of motors under the seat & none of them can be repositioned to make any room.
Notice how the mounting bolt holes one the seat rails have the bolt going in horizontally instead of vertically (like the Fiero).
Also notice that there are no horizontal flanges on the rails where you can put a vertical bolt. You can't put the vertical bolt in the "U" of the rail as there is not clearance for the bolt head when the seat is moved forward or back.

The good thing is that the drivers seat does have a power lowering deal that can lower the seat by about 1.5".

There is a lever on the right side of the drivers seat. It's a "Firm" "Soft" on/off type lever.

The Sub box part of the center console is a bit wider than the Fiero unit & the lever would have rubbed it. Sonce the lever is just a 2 position lever, we decided to cut it off just inside of the hole in the material of the seat cover. It can still be adjusted to Lisa's preference & yet it won't rub on the sub box.

Anyway, all of this ment that the seat location is critical left to right. It took some time to find the sweet spot as far as location.

The pictures I took of the seat mounting brackets were lost, so I'll have to take more pics when we take the seats out of the car the next time.

more to come..........
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Other things we've done over the last few weeks.

Worked out the shifter, cable & bellcrank for the transmission.

The Cam, Lifters, Lifter trays, rockers, push rods, timing set, head bolts & gaskets came in, so time to take the engine apart.

Button it back up......

Some of 57 parts going out for powdercoating & ceramic coating.

Using a couple of POR15 engine opainting kits, we cleaned, masked, primed & painted the engine & transmission.

The powdercoating came back in less than a week. I have the BEST Powdercoater.

Well that's it.

Here is the last few pics. Chrome Holley valve covers, coil covers & Intake being installed for the last time.

Thanks

Archie
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! What size camshaft did you end up going with?
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truley inspiring build, Im really enjoying watching this project come together....
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got finished reading all of the updates and looking at the pics that V8 Archie posted. All I can say is WOW. Archie, you and your guys are doing a phenomenal job with my build! Everything looks fantastic and the engine looks SICK ! Thanks so very much for the work you all are doing and for the updates. I have got to get out there to see it in person. Who knows, maybe I can get Troy to post on the thread again...
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!
Great job Archie n crew
I am really looking forward to seeing the car w/ the wheels n tires on

I really like the door panels

Lady Lisa, you must be very happy
Also since you are the boss, have Troy post here again tell him we miss him
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Wow !!!
Great job Archie n crew
I am really looking forward to seeing the car w/ the wheels n tires on

I really like the door panels

Lady Lisa, you must be very happy
Also since you are the boss, have Troy post here again tell him we miss him

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Alright, I too.

Troy, it's time.........

chant POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! /chant

Archie
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Alright, I too.

Troy, it's time.........

chant POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! /chant

Archie

Thnx Archie.

Troy, chant POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! POST!! /chant

Bob
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure by now you guys know what Lisa wants she gets we've been together since 11th grade and I still can't say no.

Archie thanks for all of the great work on her car and the great update over the weekend.

And for the chanting guys in the back ground thank you for all of your support on Lisa's build as your input has guided her and I throughout the build.

Ok Archie now don't make us wait another 7 weeks for an update

EDIT: lol, one post and my cliff triangle thingy is already in the red.

Great system you have there cliff , anyway this time I'm back for good and I'm not going to let a few "A"wholes chase me away so......
guess who's coming to dinner

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-08-2013).]

turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back Troy .
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all, thank you Lisa !!!! for getting Troy back here

Troy

Welcome back man, we miss you

Congratulations on being w/ Lisa since 11th grade, that is admirable
She must be a great lady

I am glad you are back for good
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa did not like the way the gray powder coat looked on her dash so I had Archie send the metal parts to me for a face lift

this is what I used

it worked fast

The aluminum had a textured look to it and needed a lil TLC

So off to the polisher it went and this is what came back

Lisa loves the look of the bling but the thought of having to polish it once its installed on the white ..... so off to chrome it goes
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Lisa's new shift knob with start button.

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, welcome back, don't worry about the triangle, without getting any ratings up or down, I think it sets in the red, never seen mine in the green,

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa's reupholstered steering wheel to go with her G1 dash
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added a little green to your bar, I'm glad to see you posting as well. -Jason
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This got good real quick! Troy I must have that shifter!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First let me say thanks for the welcome back post and PM's.

info for the shift knob
http://www.car-lab.com/shif...tart-button-red-led/
it was made for a manual shift but we will convert it to a Auto shifter with this manual to auto shifter adapter:

"Made for automatic shifters with a button. Enables the application of an aftermarket shift knob to the floor mounted shifter. Once installed the shifter is activated by pushing down on the shift knob instead of pressing a button. "

https://www.speeddawg.com/taxonomy/term/57

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-09-2013).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

lol, one post and my cliff triangle thingy is already in the red.

It looks pretty healthy now. (Okay, I helped).

Welcome back.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It looks pretty healthy now. (Okay, I helped).

Welcome back.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
now time for a few more goodies, Lisa and I always felt the Enterra needed a nose badge but could not think of what to use. Then this came our way

it's a solid bronze Pontiac Masters metal and should work just fine because at the heart of every Enterra is a Pontiac. We also like the fact that it can not be traced back to a specific model.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure Troy can handle an update in just 3 days but He'll have to take a pill.

Over the last couple of days we've been putting together a lot of black & chrome parts.

We've attached trhe engine to the transmission, painted the Alt. & the Starter & some other parts. Then mounted the assembly onto the engine cradle. Planned & ordered mostly Fragola Black anodized fittings for the fuel rails, P.S. steering pump connections, fuel lines, trans. cooler lines & fittings & P.S. hose hardware & fittings for the ZR1 P.S. rack.

The headers got back today from being Ceramic coated. The plan for tomorrow is to install the headers then dry fit the engine into the car one more time. We need to layout the wire harness, fuel line locations, locations for the other lines as they connect to the driveline. Then we can design & build the front bulkhead cover. Once that's done, we have to paint the engine compartment & we can install the engine for the last time.

Here's some pics.

Installing the powdercoated front crossmember

Painted all the AL parts of the new Alt. mount.

Assembly on cradle

Got the tires mounted on the wheels

It's hard to get good pics of the details when almost everything is gloss black.

Putting the radiator back in with the newly powdercoated mounting brackets

Kris woirking on modifying the wheel well liners.

New front shocks, Poly bushings & ball joints being mounted with the powdercoated "A" arms.

Headers & crossover pipes

Archie

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe it or not a double post from yesterday....

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 10-10-2013).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Welcome back.

Guilty too
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Looks great! What size camshaft did you end up going with?

I also would like to know, also did yall change up the torque converter also?

That LS4 is nice looking!!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

I also would like to know, also did yall change up the torque converter also?

That LS4 is nice looking!!!!!

The cam is a Comp cams 54-456-11.

The trans & Convertor were built by Triple Edge Performance

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK,

We had to buy like 36 different fittings & braided lines to hook up things like the fuel lines all the way to the tank, the P.S. fittings for the engine & the P.S. rack & the transmission cooler lines.

Here are a few.

Fuel

Vacuum

We put the exhaust back together for the last time...

It was decided that we want a front bulkhead cover & we had to make it before we could work on painting the engine compartment. So, another trial fit of the engine into the car so we could fin out how much room we had & also figure out where the wireharness, fuel, vacuum lines & cables were all going to be located.

The take the engien back out.

Building & trail fitting bulkhead cover.

Trial fit again to see how the cover fits.

Also been finishing suspension assembly.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie! Looks like we are on the homestretch.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

No boogers on the shiny parts!

Thanks for the updates and all the pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates seeing the work that's being done to this car.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock