Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43545 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

The system sucks, small group of (-----) can speed ban a nice guy like Troy, who's NEXT ?

banned or not.....its a shame to see creativity leave the forum.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 06-01-2013).]

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I too enjoy all that Troy offers and shares with the community openly....I too just gave him a big GREEN "+" rating....his creativity will be missed!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope Troy changes his mind...has a + from me. One of the "good guys" for sure. Never seen anything negative from him about anybody. Don't know what happened, but hope it hasn't made Troy decide he doesn't want to be here!

HAGO!
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I hope Archie still has permission to update this thread.

This Enterra is at the cutting edge of modern customization avaliable to the Fiero community and shouldn't be lost.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What'd I miss??? Troy...Wat's up???

Bob
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope Troyboy decides to return to the forum, it would be a huge loss for this community...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

The system sucks, small group of (-----) can speed ban a nice guy like Troy, who's NEXT ?

Agreed.

I am sure Cliff had good intentions when he adopted the system but,...... it is now turning into more of a childish chess game with only a small group able to manipulate the ratings.

For troy to get negged for just stating the facts, is pretty ridiculous. It is a mild understatement to say he is disgusted.

i was looking for something else he may have said, but c'mon.

First Madcurl, then Troyboy, and i now understand two other prominent members plan to vacate as well,...this is getting stupid.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-02-2013).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

banned or not.....its a shame to see creativity leave the forum.

He's mot banned, (Note, comment withdrawn) I've always had nothing but respect for Troy. hate to see him be this way. This has always been one of the most civilized forums I've ever seen, but there will always be a few small minded people that want nothing more than to muck it up for everybody. Does anybody have a link to the thread that has put Troy in this frame of mind?

Archie, If you can, please keep posting on the progress, this will hands down be the coolest Enterra ever!!!

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 06-05-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that's true, Troy had enough and left, same thing as being banned ! The system sucks, get rid of it and the DIRT is gone.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DITTO ^ What he said!
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez man every time I get on this forum lately it is just going downhill quickly. Between the fiasco with Dean and now Curly and Troyboy leaving it really sucks. I know Curly was HIGHLY opinionated and was not afraid to voice his opinion, but he sure as hell at least had some interesting fiero stuff to say on here all the time. Troy was also quite interesting and their cars were the creme of the crop here in a lot of ways. I am REALLY sorry to see both of them leave. This place is just not the same without seeing Madcurl bumping his favorite choptop and lambo door threads LOL... Really starting to suck around here. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This what happens with + & - system, it failed big time to a great nice guy, haters with envy won.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

This place is just not the same without seeing Madcurl bumping his favorite choptop and lambo door threads LOL...

Pete

And that's a bad thing???

Joe
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup sure is...

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x2 it sure is!!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, some people just have no sense of humor, I seem to have picked up a neg over my joke, oh well!!! Being serious for a moment since it has been brought up, why is Curl's narsisistic tribute to himself, the Choptop Chronicals in the construction Zone in the first place???

Joe
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well ya didn't get the neg from me. I am QUITE selective about my negs LOL... Peace

Pete

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like you could pick up a couple more negs if you keep trying.

From what I read of the way the tracker works is that it is sensitive to ratings over the last few weeks. All it would take to show someone like you a big dip in your triangle would be for 4 or 5 people to give you a +, not all at one time..... they could slowly spread those +'s slowly over a few weeks. Then if all of them switched to a - all on the same day......you could see your triangle jump to the left a pretty good chunk.

The long term bar graph wouldn't notice that action but the short term triangle could see a big movement.

Archie

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Wow, some people just have no sense of humor, I seem to have picked up a neg over my joke, oh well!!! Being serious for a moment since it has been brought up, why is Curl's narsisistic tribute to himself, the Choptop Chronicals in the construction Zone in the first place???

Joe

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't give negs freely either (that means I did not neg motoracer838), especially for someone just trying to rattle cages. Mad curl has some cool ideas and while I don't agree with all of his opinions and or his demeanor at times, I support his right to voice them, his ,last car was one HECK of a build and probably why it is in the construction zone.
BTW aren't all of our build threads a little (ok a lot) narcissistic?
Now back to the dark shadow.....any more pics Archie?

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 06-05-2013).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I have been known to "rattle cages" once in a while, The conversation that has taken place over the last couple of days belongs somewhere else. Lets return this thread to the build at hand, providing Archie can.

Joe

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hadn't checked this thread for a while, and I'm quite surprised to see what's happened. I have no idea what's led to this.

I gotta be honest though... it really annoys me when people go back and delete their posts for whatever reason. It's just seems so pointless.

It's obviously rather disappointing to see this build thread go sideways. I had an opportunity to buy this Enterra from the previous owner (a friend of mine) before it was put on eBay (and bought by Troy), so I have kind of a special interest in this particular car.

Hopefully everyone involved will re-evaluate why they've acted in the manner they have. Nobody comes out ahead by walking out.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While all this drama has been going on, we've been moving along.

We've been working on getting the body closer to being ready to shoot a high build primer on it. While we are doing that we are working on the new design front bumper.

Here Kris is finalizing the decklid & spoiler (not pictured)

The grills were originally mounted with screws that went directly into the Fiberglass. We are working on getting the grills to sit just right in the openings & to change the fastening system to bolt the grills into something something a little better.

We also got a set of T/A? door panels in from JScott & checked them out.....

We've also been working on the front bumper...building up the thicknedd & shape.....

Sun cured fiberglass to add some Vitamin C for strength.

Also working on the rear facia to get it perfect....

Working on matching the slight curve that's on the backs of the tail lights.

Also the transmission came in.....

We hope tol be starting on mocking up the engine/transmission next week.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-08-2013).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, keep good notes on the transmission install. This is what I'm wanting as well (someday).
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so glad Archie can still update this thread!

All I can say is great work! That decklid is something else....!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Sun cured fiberglass to add some Vitamin C for strength.

Vitamin D...Great job Archie and crew. And thanx to Troyboy for allowing the build to continue.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, how did the front bumper come out?

Bob
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It belongs to a member here out of San Diego. We're putting a ZZ4 i it & fixing up a few things.

I haven't done a build thread on it because I didn't get permission from the owner.

Archie

REALLY? Hmm, I so happen to live down in San Diego. I will cross paths with him sooner or later....
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VF1Skullangel

190 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Jeez man every time I get on this forum lately it is just going downhill quickly. Between the fiasco with Dean and now Curly and Troyboy leaving it really sucks. I know Curly was HIGHLY opinionated and was not afraid to voice his opinion, but he sure as hell at least had some interesting fiero stuff to say on here all the time. Troy was also quite interesting and their cars were the creme of the crop here in a lot of ways. I am REALLY sorry to see both of them leave. This place is just not the same without seeing Madcurl bumping his favorite choptop and lambo door threads LOL... Really starting to suck around here. Peace

Pete

Madcurl got negged for belittling the Kitcar community. Guys like me will not put up with that. He shouldn't be bashing certain replica's for simply being a replica. Like Murcie-Me's car for example... Troy on the other hand I could see why that sucks.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's try to get this thread up to date.....

More work on the front bumper

The tail lights have a little bit of a curve in them, so we have to duplicate that curve in the rear facia.

As we are at this, we are trying to get the various body panels close enough to paint that we can paint it with high build primer.

With just regular primer for now, this panel is looking good.

We are also working on mounting the lights in the front bumper.....

Working on figuring out exactly where to place them.....

Also modifying the lower front valance to mirror the lower edge of the front bumper....

Then we determine how much of a pocket we want for the lights. Flush mount or set back into a pocket.....

Then building the pocket using 2 pcs. of wooden block shaped like the lights.

Make the pockets & mounting tabs.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Working on the front bumper towards the filler primer level....

Working towards the same goal on the hood & the rocker panels.

Making mounting for the front side markers.

Same thing for the rear side markers

Work on the 1/4 panel vents. These parts had several cracks & sanding scratches in the jell-coat, so they had to be sanded down to the 'glass. They also had a rivit style mounting. We also changed the mounting of them to hide all the fasteners.

We glassed a lip on the top to fit up under the rear trim on the "T" top......

On the bottom we installed an Alumium to keep the parts from going in too far & a mount so that the fastener can be put in from the bottom.

Also working on the filler primer finish with the rest of the rear clip & decklid fitting. And we aorked on the gas cap cover.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
At this point, we have the Rocker panels, nose, front bumper, hood, front fenders, rear tail light panel, rear spoiler & decklid pretty much ready for the high fill primer. And we are not far away on the rest of the body panels.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-02-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress is looking great!
Quick question- Do you use some type of small sander to to get in the corners and crevasses?
Im prepping my Diablo kit car for a respray and need some type of small sander to get in some hard to reach small areas?
Thanks
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wrapping sandpaper around a paint stick or ruler is how I always get in the small spots.

When will the car be ready for primer?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After almost another week of sanding, filling & fixing on the car, we finally neded the week by putting on the 1st of the primer coats.

The one body mod or fix was with the 2 triangle sections to either side of the decklid & behind the OEM engine grill covers. When installed, these covers were very loosely held on with the same fasteners that held on the OEM engine covers. When we got the car the covers were in the trunk.

Here are a few pics we took when the car got here.....
Notice the gap at the front end & the fit (or lack there of) to the decklid surface.

We had to fix them to make them look as good as the rest of the car.

We had to modify the fiberglass under the triangles to get them to sit in the right place...

The whole top of the triangles was the wrong shape to match up to the decklid & surrounding panels. There also was a valley in the middle from the fiberglass sagging in the sunshine over the years. Plus there were a lot of spyder cracks in the top surfaces of the triangles.

Here you can see that the gap to the grill has been closed up

With the triangle moved up to the grill, the tail is short, we'll be making it a bit longer.

The trick here is that with moving the triangle up we would have to make new mounting for the triangles & they would have to removed before the engine covers could be removed. with the old setup the engine cover fasteners held on the front of the triangles & a single self tapping screw held on the back end.

Kris had to come up with a mounting method that didn't include self tapping screws & wing nuts.

Here he has fabricated & glassed on 2 pins & one threaded stud. The 2 pics will slide into holes in the body 7 the stud will go thru a bracket & get a nut on it. You can reach that nut thur the trunk area.

Time to fix & fit the panels

All the time this is going on, while FGlass is curing, Kris is sanding & preping for some primer...

Piling up parts.....
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Piling up parts for primer....

Archie
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

you n your guys are doing a great job
that is going to be the BEST Enterra by far
I am looking forward to seeing the car all put together and w/ wheels
Keep up the good work

Thanks for continuing to update this thread

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 07-14-2013).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-14-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+ for the legend of Troy!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Superb work Archie!
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ANY chance of there being molds derived from this beautiful piece of work and offered to public as kit?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock