Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43545 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, we finished putting the front end back together to where it was when we started the front compartment paint project.

To keep it all looking good enough to compliment the Pearl White front compartment, we cleaned &/or painted just about everything.

We also worked on getting the FBird armrest controls to work with the Fiero windows & door locks..... That was pretty straight forward.

Then getting the power mirror control to work with the 2011 Camaro mirrors took some serious time.

First we had to do some testing to make sure the FBird controller was a good one. (the 1st one we had was corroded inside & was not going to work)

The FBird control, would operate the Fiero mirrors just fine. But it wouldn't work the Camaro mirrors correctly. It took a bunch of testing & charting the test to determine that for the Camaro mirrors to work with the FBird control. We had to modify the Camaro mirrors to have 4 wires (like the Fiero mirrors have). The Camaro had only 3 wires, with the center wire connected to both motors.

Being careful not to damage the control switch or the Camaro workings, we finally determined that we needed to split the one connector & have a seperate wire for each of the motors.

Guess what, it worked ....... No Damage

Everybody is happy.

We even got a chance to fit one of the new windows.

Archie
IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feed back needed!
we wanted to add an emblem to the enterra that still had something pontiac in it. This is what we found, different but still Pontiac:

Should we do it?
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Feed back needed!
we wanted to add an emblem to the enterra that still had something pontiac in it. This is what we found, different but still Pontiac:

Should we do it?

I love it! Go for it.
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it special car special badge.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say do it! Be unique as usual. But, recess it into the nose so it can't be popped off by vandals.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the feed back guys! We are going to have Archie recess it into the nose (great idea IwannaIRM) .
Archie maybe we should add a post to the back of it so it doesn't pop out like the one on the choptop did a few years back.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the feed back guys! We are going to have Archie recess it into the nose (great idea IwannaIRM) .
Archie maybe we should add a post to the back of it so it doesn't pop out like the one on the choptop did a few years back.

Great idea...Love it...

Bob
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the original car, is there any indication that this rebody was a canadian design ?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 |Work done 13-14 | 4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

On the original car, is there any indication that this rebody was a canadian design ?

I haven't seen any I.D. plates that I can recall.

As I can recall, We do know that it was done in Canada because it was on the brochures that came out while they were still in Canada.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
In the couple of weeks we've come a long way.

We wet sanded the paint & buffed out the clear coat that we put on the "T" top parts

Mounting the Radio to the dash....& working on the mounting of the chrome console plate etc.

We did a lot of the put it together, figure out if it'll fit in the car & fit to all the surrounding parts then dis assemble & do what it took to make it all work.

This dash is hands down, the best Fiero interior product I've ever worked with.

Trial fitting into the car to prove out the radio mounting & how the back of the radio will attach.

Chrome radio surround

After some discussion we decided to not use the Fiero ODO reset button. (the GPS system can take care of that function) The hole for the button goes through the upholstery right at a line of stiching. We didn't want to take a chance of screwing that up so we didn't do it.

After modding the the Enterra instrument pod for this dash & putting the white faced gages in it, We found that a mod was done for the Enterra was a mod that kinda hurt the mounting of this dash. So, we had to take it back apart & replace the white plastic housing with another one we had laying around. The Enterra had 2 of the bossed cut off of it.

Enterra

Stock Fiero

The Enterra center console skeleton was a bit broken up & it had been modified. We didn't have a good one to replace it so we had to make some mods to it. The Alum. plate that goes around the shifter & up under the console had to be custom mounted to get it at the right level.

We also raised the entire shifter up about 1/2"

We did mess around with the door speakers but I'm not ready to post about that yet.

More test fitting to find mounting locations & wiring for the NAV, Sirius, Amp & this thing up front.

Also started installing the carpeting.

Troy bought the good stuff from ACC. While it takes a little longer to install, it is very plush & is heavier than the studd I ususally get from them.

Also notice that we remounted the NAV system under the passenger seat.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job, team. She's a beauty.

This dash is hands down, the best Fiero interior product I've ever worked with.

That says a lot. Great job, Rob.

Bob
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

The Enterra Vipre was originally built in Canada, about five minutes from where I live.

The designer was Joe Palumbo. You can read some of his history HERE. I don't know where he's from, but he's obviously a talented guy.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The Enterra Vipre was originally built in Canada, about five minutes from where I live.

The designer was Joe Palumbo. You can read some of his history HERE. I don't know where he's from, but he's obviously a talented guy.

Thanks Patrick

There is also this site http://www.86enterravipre.com/history.html

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 |Work done 13-14 | 4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie... you've GOT to ask Santa for a new camera. It's not too late.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the great info Patrick, and falcon_ca. lol Bloozberry not a bad idea.
I'll look to see if I have a few teaser pics to hold us over until the next update.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gorgeous!
HAMC!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's better! This thing is lookin' really nice.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an update please Archie!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a month. I'm running out of popcorn...

Bob
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update coming soon, but for now a few pics on the grill. Archie has better pics after it was cleaned up a bit maybe he'll post them .... hint , hint

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-25-2014).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy that is killer !!

The wife is putting some serious, serious heat on for top car in the garage !!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony and thank you for your input on the grill. Archie and the crew are doing a great job as always.

I just picked up a nice set of Daytime driving lights, when I'm at Archie's in two weeks we will have to find a spot to mount them, I'm looking at the "shark gills" on the side of the nose or in the grill what do you think?

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Troy that is killer !!

Archie and the crew are doing a great job as always.

True ! True !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time at Archie's yesterday, and the pictures don't do the car justice. The work they have done is incredible and for the first time I have left his shop without any tweak request.... well maybe just one or two he he. many pics and videos were taken ..... time for an update Archie!! Cant wait to get this thing painted
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy...I can't wait and I am so glad you are happy with the work he has done...the car is looking sweet in the pictures thus far!

When are you looking to get her back and into Lisa's hands?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hopefully before mothers day.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

more with Archie's update tomorrow
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of an update.

Troy was here Thursday to see the car. On Wednesday, we reassembled the car to get it all assembled so that he could decide what we still needed to do.

As I was getting ready to post this update, I realized that Wednesday was the first time we had the interior all together at one time. I also realized that neither one of us took any pictures of the assembled interior. I'll do that on monday & update this thread with those pics.

For Curley, It's not a ChopTop but it was cold enough for these pics.

Then on Friday......

Troy had decided that, in addition to the 'Vette rollers under the front nose, he wanted a steel "splitter" that could protect the underside of the nose.

We attached the splitter to the steel frame we made to support the 'Vette rollers.

We will be getting this assembly powdercoated gloss black.

We also mounted the Reflectors in the rear bumper. The reflectors are in the same position as the steel for the rear bumper mounts. So we had to counter bore the mounting hols so that we could use the clips to hold the reflectors in place.

They fit & look good.

Interior pics Monday

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie ! I had a blast at your shop as always, but I still say NY makes the best pizza .
A short vid from the vist as it goes out for a test drive, she still needs a final tune on the Dyno. I like the sound of the cam lope

next this was us testing out different tips for sound (we liked it better with the tips off)

tips on:

tips off:

BTW the reason the outdoor videos are so short is because it was -2 degrees and windy in Chicago .

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-09-2014).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

This is probably going to be the best fitting / looking Enterra ever done, good work.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Damn, I love it when I'm right. Can't wait to see it in paint.

Troy, I agree, no resonators.

Joe

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely sounds better w/o resonators!

Looking forward to seeing some engine bay pics with the aluminum intake.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Definitely sounds better w/o resonators!

Looking forward to seeing some engine bay pics with the aluminum intake.

X2
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh man, that's sweet.

Looks good, sounds good, love the tail lights...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, Archie and I were so busy going over the check list and chewing the fat that we forgot to take pics of the interior and engine compartment , lol. We also love the lights but just wish they were brighter in direct sunlight.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for no resonators. Looks great Troy... I know you've mentioned it, but what color are you planning?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pearl White.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock