Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43522 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy , you guys order the wheels yet ?
IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no not yet

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-07-2013).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's problem & Today's question......

One of the 2 energy absorbing struts for the front bumper is broken. The front bumper was moving up & down quite a bit in the left side.

We finally got it apart to figure out why.

There are no manufacture, or part numbers on the part.

So the question is, does anyone have any idea what struts were used on the Enterra?

Thanks

Archie
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Today's problem & Today's question......

One of the 2 energy absorbing struts for the front bumper is broken. The front bumper was moving up & down quite a bit in the left side.

We finally got it apart to figure out why.

There are no manufacture, or part numbers on the part.

So the question is, does anyone have any idea what struts were used on the Enterra?

Thanks

Archie

looks very simmilar to the ones used on the 86 dodge omni hade to change them on mine in 87 brokem studs
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would expect that we might be getting into fitting the tail lights sometime this week.

Archie

I like tweaks. Lady Lisa, your killing them softly.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

looks very simmilar to the ones used on the 86 dodge omni hade to change them on mine in 87 brokem studs

Thanks, I'm going to see if If I can find 1 of them to compare.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Bring this up to date this week.......

Started mounting the tail lights.

We removed the rear muffler cover. It was a combination of bolts & the famous rivits.

The three ribs across the muffler cover are pretty weak & fragile. We think we might reglass them from the back to make them stronger.

And, we need to figure out what we are doing with the pockets in the rear bumper.

We started glassing in the tail light openings.....

We removed to rear bumper surround facia to work on the tail light openings from the inside.

Then we discover even more work to do...... you'll remember that the lower right rear corner showed a lot of damage.

Now we see that damage from the inside. Lots of the sloppy patchwork on the inside.

Patches that were installed over the inside like the ones we saw on the front nose only lots more of them....

We've kinda been taken away from the tail light mounting while we get all of the patches off & prep & clean up the fiberglass so we can repair it properly. We figure that we'll have to put a layer of glass on the outside surface before we can take all of the patching off of the inside.

In the meantime, we finished the mounting stand for the left side outside mirror.

Archie

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, Archie. Let's get this one over to the Construction Zone.

Bob
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bring this up to date this week.......

Started mounting the tail lights.

Archie

if it was my car, i'd mount the back-up lights somewhere else and make the all-red signal lights sequence like the 68 cougars and late model mustangs ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-11-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they are sequential

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you beat me to it - looks really good
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is very enjoyable to read build posts on Archies work. He does some amazing things with fiberglass and I am sure that this rare Enterra will look better than new when all of the bodywork has been completed and the paint goes on. The light upgrades should really make for a big improvement..
Is the powertrain getting an upgrade as well?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa wants a V8 auto swap.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Other than the "auto" (boooo!), this whole build is great.

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So is Archie going to build a LS3 w/ Auto for you? I'd like to see a V8 Archie LS based Auto kit. I'd love to have a daily driver that has a LS3 w/ 4T65E-HD trans. Now I say this because as far as I know, Archie does not have LS based auto kit. If he does, then never-mind.

Rob
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll let Archie answer that question.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

So is Archie going to build a LS3 w/ Auto for you? I'd like to see a V8 Archie LS based Auto kit. I'd love to have a daily driver that has a LS3 w/ 4T65E-HD trans. Now I say this because as far as I know, Archie does not have LS based auto kit. If he does, then never-mind.

Rob

Troy says I'll answer this one.......well, OK, we are still considering a couple of options.

That's the best I can do right now for an answer.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Last week, I had really hoped to have the tail lights fitted so we could see hgow they look.

However the amount of repair that the rear bumper surround facia is going to need is going to push that way into late next week.

Kris has got some work done on the pockets that the tail lights will mount into.

Archie
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

So is Archie going to build a LS3 LS4 w/ Auto for you? I'd like to see a V8 Archie LS based Auto kit. I'd love to have a daily driver that has a LS3 LS4 w/ 4T65E-HD trans. Now I say this because as far as I know, Archie does not GM Does have LS based auto kit. If he does, then never-mind.

Rob

Looking good so far.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

So is Archie going to build a LS3 LS4 w/ Auto for you? I'd like to see a V8 Archie LS based Auto kit. I'd love to have a daily driver that has a LS3 LS4 w/ 4T65E-HD trans. Now I say this because as far as I know, Archie does not GM Does have LS based auto kit. If he does, then never-mind.
Looking good so far.

Wow, never thought of that, thanks so much

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some progress on the tail lights today.

These are going to look a lot better than the '80's econo box stuff.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-14-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back on page three there was discussion regarding the color of the back panel. Seeing as how the trim around the new lights is black, it would seem to me that the rear panel should stay white now.

With the black trim around the lights and bumper being changed to black, I think there'll be enough contrast to look really sharp with the white body.

This thread is great. We all get to enjoy the process without having to pay for the restoration.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And as for you Patrick....

That hurt j/k but mama is worth it

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And as for you Patrick....

That hurt j/k but mama is worth it

Troy, since I have your attention...

I wanted to mention that I have a special interest in this particular car. Bill's a friend of mine and I had a chance to buy this Enterra from him long before you got your mitts on it. Although I love the Enterra Vipre (due to both its looks and its Canadian connection*), I basically turned it down because there's just no way I wanted a T-top car here on the we(s)t coast. (And I suspected it was going to be a much bigger restoration job than I could reasonably handle.)

However, it's obviously in the right hands. When I see what Archie and his boys are doing, I know this beautiful car is going to turn out great!

(*Enterra Vipres were originally assembled just five minutes from where I live.)
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still not 100% done with the tail lights yet. Kris has been home sick 2 days this week, but these should be done Monday.

Here we are building up the floors of the pockets & you can see a notch on the bottom & top. That notch is there to allow bolting both parts of each light together. The outboard light bolts in thru the back & is deeper than the inboard light. The inboard light has 2 little screws that originally fastened the two lights to each other. The inboard light also has 2 little screws that hold it's inboard end into the back of the pocket. It's taken a bit of planning to figure out how to attach the lights to the car & to each other so that they don't break or move out of alignment over a period of time.

Now with the rear facia off of the car again, Kris has made the last of the parts that make the pocket & has glassed the inside of the pockets.

In these pics. he is glassing the back side of the pockets. We also had to make a new mount in the center because the new tail light pockets eliminated the original mounting.

You may have noticed in earlier posts that tail light assemblies have a little bit of an arc in their mounting. Maybe 3/16" of an inch.

Here we are building up the mounting surface of the panel to allow for that curve.

You can see the arc here.

Here are the brackets for mounting the inboard part of the lights. They will be fiberglassed in.

I'll post some pics of the backsides of the lights later & you'll see what the 2 notches are for.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-18-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Refreshingly beautiful.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bored. Please excite me.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, never thought of that, thanks so much

Archie

I knew you knew that but my response was directed to the person who asked the question.

Sooo, what Engine/Trans R U going with?

Can we have a public vote?
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are going with an LSfur motor

with a matching ECO friendly Turbo boost

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Front or Rear mounted?

I heard they make a turbo carrot that is bolt on.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

with a matching ECO friendly Turbo boost

The Brown Mice are faster....... Let the powerplant flame war begin!

Archie and crew never cease to amaze me with their glass skills!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update before thread gets off track lol.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

update before thread gets off track lol.

LOL, it's only been 4 working days since the last update but, we do have a few things to update.....

After fitting the tail lights, we glassed the outside of the damaged area of the rear bumper facia so that something would be there to holt it together in shape while we too the facia off to get to the repairs of the lower right corner damage & "slap patch".

Parts of the "slap patch" hitting the floor as they are pried, pulled & ground off of the inside of the part.

Now laying in a couple of layers of glass.

On the rear bumper facia we need to add the flanges for the inner wheel well liners.

And repairing the flanges where the facia will mount to the rear clip & for the muffler cover. When we are done every flange where 2 body panels come together is going to reinforced & will have new mounting hardware (no pop rivits)

Because we didn't want to remove the rear clip Kris pulled out the rear suspension so the he could sit up inside the wheel opening to build the flanges that will be used to mount the wheeel well liners.

Here the cardboard tooling is in.....

Then he got up in there to lay in the glass then after ir cures pull out the cardboard tooling.

(note we use a coating on the cardboard so that the cardboard pulls out cleanly)

(more in a few minutes)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
On the front edge of the rear clip in the door area, there was a bunch of holes for fasteners that fastened the rear clip to the chassis on both sides. Because of the "T" top, we really don't want to remove the rear clip. So we're fixing this on the car.

We propped the body out away from the chassis & are glassing it from behind.

While doing this we are also repairing the flange that attaches to the rocker panel.

Glassing....

All during this time Kris has been having a fiberglassing marathon......

Glassing the outside mirror mounts that we roughed in earlier...

Finishing up the door mounting flanges...

Rocker panels.......

And glassing in all of the rivit holes that were in the edges of the wheel well lips....

So, I guess that we did get a few things done since the last update.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-27-2013).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Goood!

Ain't slingin resin fun?!

As always, outstanding work. That's gonna be another mighty fine automobile when you guys get done with it.

HAGO!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the update

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, it's only been 4 working days since the last update but, we do have a few things to update.....

in a few minutes)

Sweet!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock