Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42140 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got everything loosely mocked up on the Ferrario. Still have much to do. Lots of filling and sanding. But I can use these pictures as motivation. Could someone maybe be so kind as to photoshop it in Corsa Rosa Red to really get me motivated? That'd be suuuuuper. I haven't done any of the suspension work to it yet. I plan to have it sitting one to two inches lower than now. Whatdy'all think so far? Be gentle.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty good to me, so far. Why do you call it ferrario - looks like you're doing a GT ?

You might try JCWhitney for lowering springs - their prices seem OK, but watch out for the shipping charges.

Also, might be a good time to consider a t-top instal

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-10-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice man... i could do a lowering in photoshop but my rgb colors are not working for some reason.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I call it a Ferrario because it's a blend of a 355 and a Fiero. Not trying to fool anyone. Just kind of wanted my own thing. Here's the real thing.

and here's my car. With the nose, the side scoops and skirts, round tail lights, and lip spoiler, the style is similar.

Already have cut front springs (the cardboard box near the front wheels) and Rodney's one-inch lowering balljoints for the front and coil overs for the back.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-10-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you want it lower let me know...
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's about right. Thanks. I'm using the same setup that Zoom88 uses on his formula. His suspension setup was the inspiration.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry i tried doing the color for you but it didn't work... i guess i really need to learn how to use photochop. if you wanna buy me the photochop 8.0sc for dummies i'll get to reading and applying.
sostock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good to me.

are you going to keep it wingless? for some reason a lot of the fastbacks look better w/o. i didn't always think that either. oops that is a little fella back there. coudln't see it well. doh.

[This message has been edited by sostock (edited 02-10-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a wing so to speak. But SAGE made this great lip spoiler that I'm going to mold to the back. For now, it's just held in place with masking tape.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

looks good to me.

are you going to keep it wingless? for some reason a lot of the fastbacks look better w/o. i didn't always think that either. oops that is a little fella back there. coudln't see it well. doh.

Yep, looks like he has a lip spoiler in the mockup, so Richard have you started glassing that in yet?

Like the look, will definately be a looker when it's finished! So after the looks get taken care of are there any plans to back up the looks? May I suggest a 3800SC, would make a great finishing touch.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already have a 3800sc and a Getrag in the future plans. Gotta get the other parts of it finished first though. Thought about buying a 3800sc off of eBay but decided not to so I can finish other projects before adding others on.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-10-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if founds allow i would recommend buying the 355 nose Fiero1Fan has available, I has a much nicer slope to it and inst as long.

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have had I not have already bought the one from Fiero Warehouse by the time Fiero1Fan made his stuff available. I did get the scoops and side skirts from him though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I'm not too crazy about the paint scheme, but that's just me.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Personally, I'm not too crazy about the paint scheme, but that's just me.

its called calico.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its EXTREMELY hard to do a paint scheme on a multi color body...

but i cant wait to see it that color!
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:
its called calico.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... well, here's a key chain to go with it...

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whade,

What vehicle did the ground effect come from?

Thanks,
Mike
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Whade,

What vehicle did the ground effect come from?

Thanks,
Mike

HI all

PM forum member fiero1fan, and he can help you.....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic.
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looks awesome. I like the spoiler idea.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

its EXTREMELY hard to do a paint scheme on a multi color body...

but i cant wait to see it that color!

Everything's going to get a nice coat of primer first. Should help to even things out. Getting the parts on the car was the easy part. Now I've got hours and hours of body filler and sanding ahead of me. The spolier and the lower door molding still need to be molded to the car too. Then, once everything is to where I want it, the panels come back off and get painted. Then it's reassembly and on to the interior from Amida.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-11-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you going to glass the rear wing and sides?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LIKE IT!
Nice lines and I love the 355 nose.
I want one of those for my 87 GT so I'm hoping Fiero1Fan manages to get production going of the Dietmar piece.
Would like to keep the front markers integral with the nose.

Are you going to paint it Rosso Corso (Ferrari), red?
If so, you might take a tip from the Ferrari restoraton guys and use a pink tinted primer coat before shooting on the base color as this makes the red really *snap*.
A gray primer tends to dull the intensity of the red and a beige primer shifts it off toward the "orangy" side a bit. Just some food for thought, but I like what you're doing with the car.

Randy
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooo, never thought of that. Thanks.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having your car in "Mary Kay Pink" primer also gives you a LOT more incentive to get the color coats finished
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Having your car in "Mary Kay Pink" primer also gives you a LOT more incentive to get the color coats finished

True. Just so everyone knows, I will post no pictures of my car in pink primer. lol That alone would be cause enough for me to have to turn in my man card.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

87SEV6Reborn05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEV6Reborn05Send a Private Message to 87SEV6Reborn05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, was working on the same for mine but yellow. Picking up the fastback conversion stuffnext weekend, no nose yet. Fierofan has the rockers and side scoop? Are they deitmers, argh not sure on spelling. nice job, keep us updated.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

are you going to glass the rear wing and sides?

I'm going to glass the spoiler to the deck lid and the sides then cut it in three pieces. That way, one piece will stay with the deck lid and I'll also have end caps to give it a more molded in look. Kind of like the late seventies/ealry eighties Camaros and Trans-ams.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nicey-nice^_^ i want those rockers too, when i have money.
i want a ride in it when it's done. i'll bring the penguin, and we can dangle him precariously out the window at 120MPH while he curses at us, only to hear us shouting in Italian back at him to "fly, Mortissimo, fly!!!!"
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the moment, I'm keeping the stock four-banger in it. So 120 is only going to be possible downhill with a tailwind. But we could still torture the penguin at that speed methinks.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^ gotta catchhim first! lol
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know but the concept applied here seems familar :-)

Originally posted by whadeduck:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice side by side shots !

Wadeduck it is really coming along. The rear lip spoiler really adds something.

Yellowstone your car is fantastic as always, but i can't help but wonder how it too would look with the lip spoiler and some lambo doors.

Great job both guys !
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:
True. Just so everyone knows, I will post no pictures of my car in pink primer. lol That alone would be cause enough for me to have to turn in my man card.

Real men would be confident in their pink primer.

I like the car. It looks great! Gonna be stunning when it's completed.
Sorry I can't help with the photochop.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could take pictures of it in pink primer, but then I might have to put it in "the hidden gallery."

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Ride
87SEV6Reborn05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEV6Reborn05Send a Private Message to 87SEV6Reborn05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coming along nice
FieroFinatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFinaticClick Here to visit FieroFinatic's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroFinaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how do you feel about your f355 front nose from Fiero Warehouse??? was it an easy installation or what b/c I was thinking of purchasing 1 from them as well since Dietmars are currently not in production
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It required a little tweeking here and there to get it to fit the way I want it to. But I'm very much a perfectionist.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock