Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42156 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I'm using the side skirts from Dietmar. The widebody rockers in one of the pictures belong to War Hammer. The fenders I have are stand-alone wider fenders from Fiero Warehouse.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-21-2008).]

IP: Logged
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Just saw the last time I updated. Anyway, here's a little something I did today. Won't get a chance to work on it tomorrow. Gotta go outta town for training. I finally got the tail light panel back with the carbon fiber on it. Got the LED tail lights all hooked up too. I also have Fiero1Fan's third LED brake light. Everything's REALLY bright.

Also got these hooked up today. Sounds a little more fitting now than the wimpy stock horn.

Hopefully my next update won't take so long.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got a shot of the tail lights on?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see what I can come up with when I get back into town tomorrow. I'm in Rock Hill, SC right now. I have training in Charlotte tomorrow.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

AquaHusky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the air horns play La Cucaracha or however it is?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where did you get this from? I have a complete 355 int but I want the controls for the center like yours.
do I have to go to the F-store to get it? and how much is is it?
thanks for any help.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Where did you get this from? I have a complete 355 int but I want the controls for the center like yours.
do I have to go to the F-store to get it? and how much is is it?
thanks for any help.

HI all

Great car, keep up the good work!!!! Contact forum member "Amida", he makes this center console, and would most likely hook you up on the controls.....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. The center console came from Amida (Rob). But the HVAC control came from Riceburner98.
Here's a shot of the rear lights with just the parking lights on.

And here's the brake lights. No one will be able to say they didn't see them.

Oh, and no. The horns are just more of a European sound.
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-25-2008).]

MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it's looking amazing. Good on you!

[This message has been edited by MarineFiero (edited 08-25-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be me at: FieroInteriors@Juno.com

I like those LEDs. Been seeing jumbo LEDs on Audis lately.

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
FierOvation
Seattle, WA. USA

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-25-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If ya like the LED third brake light, talk to Fiero1Fan. It's a little pricey thanks to the exchange rate, but it was worth it to have all of the tail lights matching. While I'm thinking about it, can someone PS this to show me what Ferrario might look like in black?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo! I gots me a 3800SC! I'll post pics later.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Behold! The future heart of Ferrario!

64K and the oil looks clean. Came out of a Buick Regal.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great choice for an engine.. but I am biased

When does the engine swap start?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

When does the engine swap start?

Once I finish with some of the other things like the electronics and mechanicals.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Behold! The future heart of Ferrario!
64K and the oil looks clean. Came out of a Buick Regal.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wadeduck,
I just looked threw your thread. very nice build the car is going to look great when you get it done.
I can't wait to see more i just saved this thread.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grrrr. I swear I'm getting so frustrated with the wiring on this car. I spent six hours working on it today and actually went back a couple of steps. I had a hood plunger hooked up and operational to trigger the alarm if someone tried to get under the hood. Today, I tried to wire up another plunger in the trunk area to work as a trigger there. Now, not only did I not get the trunk trigger working, now the hood trigger stopped working too and the doors will unlock but barely lock. I hooked up the switch in the console to check the door-lock solenoids and they're working fine. So it's in the alarm system. I'm about ready to rip the damned thing out and take my chances with someone stealing it. If I ever finish the bloody thing that is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 09-06-2008).]

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Advise: Bring it up here, and we'll finish them at the same time.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I cooled down a bit and went at it again today. Found out the problem with the doors (I think) is the battery was below charge. It was at around 9.5 volts or so. I left the charger on it for a while and all was good again. Worked on the triggers again too. Found out part of the problem with the trunk trigger is, not only does the switch have to be grounded, but so does the switch housing. Weird. But I grounded the bracket I made and that started working. I just have to make a stronger housing. I made it out of some thin aluminum bar stock (hense the grounding issue) and that just won't hold up. But now that I know the idea works, I can go from there. Then I started to work on getting my headlights installed. I bought the twin round light kit from Fiero1Fan. Finally painted the housing and started to install them. Then I found out that I should have covered up the parts immediately around the holes for the adjusters. I ended up grinding the paint away from there so the adjusters would fit. All went well until, while trying to install the lights, I broke one of the adjusters. So now I have to hunt down one of those to finish it up. Oh well. Not too bad I suppose. I just hope I can find another adjuster. Then I have to trim up the headlight housings and make them look all purdy. Got the driver's side working anyway.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whadeduck... Were did you buy the Steel Pegasus that you have on the taillights in this picture ??

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's progress on the interior?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pegasus on the back came from F-I-E-R-O. But he's not making them anymore. Progress on the interior is slllllllooooooowwwwww. Got sick for a little while and other things keep take up my time like my job and family. But I should be able to get back at it soon.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the alarm finished?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost. I have to wire up a backup battery that I'm picking up this weekend and finish making a braket to mount the trunk trigger. Then the alarm will be finished. At least I think so anyway. I keep finding little things to do on it.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's new on the Eastern front?

Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

Bump.

X2

I cant wait to see your interior in the car.. Rob is like some mad scientist making these complex interior bits and pieces.. I would love one of his interiors..
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr Ferrari:

X2

I cant wait to see your interior in the car.. Rob is like some mad scientist making these complex interior bits and pieces.. I would love one of his interiors..

What are you waiting for? I won't be making interiors forever ya know. I'll bet I can fab one for you & you install it before Whadeduck ever finishes his. Hint, hint !

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-08-2008).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

If you do Whade's interior stop by and do mine also (as soon as the car is out of the paint shop). I am not very far away from him (<2 hours).

Nelson

Originally posted by Amida:

What are you waiting for? I won't be making interiors forever ya know. I'll bet I can fab one for you & you install it before Whadeduck ever finishes his. Hint, hint !

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had any feelings left, that mighta hurt. I'll get back to it and you shall all rue the day........Well.....start ruing. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Rob,

If you do Whade's interior stop by and do mine also (as soon as the car is out of the paint shop). I am not very far away from him (<2 hours).

Nelson

What do you think I am, a migrant Fiero worker?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

If I had any feelings left, that mighta hurt. I'll get back to it and you shall all rue the day........Well.....start ruing. lol

I knew that'll get you outa the wood work. Let's see some progress.
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want one of these F-I-E-R-O steel Pegasus emblems

Anybody knows of anyone who has one for sale ?

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking I fried the power mirror switch in trying to hook it up the wrong way several times. But I'm sending the panel back to Amida (Rob) tomorrow. He said he'll check it out and replace the switch if needed. So that leaves me to do other things on the car. Like wiring up the new backup lights.

Where did you get those backup lights. web adress?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click here http://spacecoastfieros.com/lindsey/ and go about half way down the page. He includes the lights and wiring. Really easy to do.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think I am, a migrant Fiero worker?

FUNNY

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I knew that'll get you outa the wood work. Let's see some progress.

This is what's been consuming most of my time lately. My kitchen. The wallpaper comes off of the walls no problem. But the adhesive has turned to rock and refuses to come off even with many types of remover.

So I'm able to sand it down some and then seal it with Kilz. I'm also removing the countertops and backsplashes.

I'm going to do a knock-down finish to cover up the remaining adhesive, install crown molding, replace the countertops, refinish the cabinets, repaint the ceiling, install tile flooring, install a new backsplash, paint the walls a light gray, and replace the appliances. So I still have some work ahead of me. But I should be able to get back to Ferrario this weekend.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 12-09-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to do a knock-down finish to cover up the remaining adhesive, install crown molding, replace the countertops, refinish the cabinets, repaint the ceiling, install tile flooring, install a new backsplash, paint the walls a light gray, and replace the appliances. So I still have some work ahead of me. But I should be able to get back to Ferrario this weekend.

Nice fix. I would suggest painting the cabinets Rosso Corsa, and the fridge in gunmetal.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The appliances are probably going to be stainless and black. I'm going to leave the cabinets the way they are. Just restain them. I'm going to get all of the wallpaper off the walls, get the countertops and backsplashes off, get the crown molding up, then paint the walls. Then I'll figure out what I'm going to do with everything else. I'm thinking the rest of the counterrops will come off too. I'm just leaving part of them on so I have something to work off of for the time being.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock