Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42139 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black. But now what time was the other train leaving Chicago?

Woohoo! Ownage of another one of my own pages. Hmm, doesn't seem that exciting anymore. I reckon I'll cancel the party now. =\

Thanx HC. Give me something to think about. I plan on leaving the trim black. Creates a nice parting line in the bodywork.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-08-2008).]

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

Here ya go man, still working on the black ones...

I think body color would be the way. Who makes those side scoops & rockers? I need to replace a pair that were crushed by a forklift.
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Talk to fiero1fan about the scoops and rockers........

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Talk to fiero1fan about the scoops and rockers........

All the way from Germany ? May have to just try & repair it.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by Whadeduck's last night to help out. His interior is at a level that is better than car manufacturers. The attention to detail is amazing!

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to get the power mirror wiring hooked up. Spent three hours on it last night with no progress. It would seem like it was simple. Eight wires to hook up on the switch and eight wires to hook up on the wiring harness. But the best I could get out of it was the switch would work "up" but not "down." Or "left" but not "right" Extremely discouraging when something so small has ended up holding me back so much. I've stared at wiring diagrams and played with different ideas. Even took my tester to everything. Just can't seem to find the right combination to get it to work right.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-21-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking I fried the power mirror switch in trying to hook it up the wrong way several times. But I'm sending the panel back to Amida (Rob) tomorrow. He said he'll check it out and replace the switch if needed. So that leaves me to do other things on the car. Like wiring up the new backup lights.

This had to be the easiest wiring I've done on the car yet. No experimentation. Just clip, strip, nip, and plug. They work great. Took about thirty minutes to wire up. Now getting those lights into the rear bumper may take a little longer. But wow do they make a difference over stock. I might actually be able to see what's behind me at night when I'm backing up.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spy an old interior sitting in a pile...

With the power mirrors. I don't know anything about the wiring. BUT I know my pass side mirror only moves "left" and "up".. not "down" or "right". Kind of the same problem?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. Two dashes. One I sold to War Hammer to go in another car he just bought. The other is going into my Indy. Your mirror problem sounds similar to mine. Maybe you have a bad switch too. I'll know more when Rob tests mine. If it turns out that it's not my mirror switch, I'll be completely stumped. Because my old mirror switch works fine and so do the mirrors, and eventually I was able to hook up the new switch the way it should have been. But I'm thinking, in those several other failed attempts, I ran voltage through somewhere it shouldn't have been and fried the switch. I'm thinking I should work on my headlights next or maybe install the backup lights in the bumper.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-23-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turns out it was a bad switch. Well, it was good when I got it then I screwed it up. But Rob was very quick in swapping out the switch and getting it back to me. So here's everything in the right place.

So the only thing I should have left to hook up within the console is one more thing for the alarm system and, when I get the new 355 nose from Rob, the driving lights will be hooked up to the appropriate switch.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Wish I could come up with more time to work on it. It's so slow-going sometimes that it's frustrating. But at least I am making progress on it. It's slow, but it's still moving forward.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Richard, what kind of gauges are you using? I see the pics of the back and the wiring. Lets see the front.

Cory
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a picture and post tonight. They're VDO visions gauges. White numbers on a black face. Not too flashy.

edit: Added pictures of the gauges

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 04-12-2008).]

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Ain't you got that car done yet ?

I'll be down there in June (but prob not in a Fiero), maybe come take at look where your at with it if poss.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could do that. Progress is slow. But it's still progress. I'm thinking I'll get the hush-mat installed this weekend and maybe the new interior door handles. I have work to do on my GT and the Indy and the truck this weekend. So I don't know if I'll have too much time.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I have work to do on my GT and the Indy and the truck this weekend.

Does that make 3 Fieros in your driveway?

Look at what's coming out of the oven. Fi355 nose #!1 is finally painted & going onto my Formula test mule today. Building a jig right now for the grills and that will finally complete the design work for this new nose.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I have work to do on my GT and the Indy and the truck this weekend.

Does that make 3 Fieros in your driveway?

Look at what's coming out of the oven. Fi355 nose #!1 is finally painted & going onto my Formula test mule today. Building a jig right now for the grills and that will finally complete the design work for this new nose.
x

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Amida
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two in the driveway and one in the shop I rent. Sweet work as always Amida.

edit: Added pictures of Indy and GT in driveway

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 04-12-2008).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whadeduck---Could you post some closer pics of the center section of the center console (where are the switches/HVAC controls are)? Just for curiousitys (sp?) sake. Also, if you are still having any troubles with the p/mirror wiring, check out Ogres Cave and look for my write up (from a few years ago).
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can get better pics for ya tomorrow. Got the mirror problem solved thanks to Amida's help once again.

Edit: Had these pics already if they help.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 05-30-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much of an update as far as photographic evidense. Finally got the stupid rear view mirror to stick. Got the backup lights mounted in the bumper. Just kinda hung the headlight housings on the car. Mounted the new wider fenders from Fiero Warehouse. Ordered LED brake lights and I'm admitting defeat on puting the carbon fiber vinyl on the tail light panel and having it done professionally. Amida's working on the new nose. Should be but a couple of weeks or so. I won a passenger side mirror for a C5/C6 Vette off of eBay. So I'm gonna see how that looks. Some use it on their 355 kits. So I thought I'd give it a try.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those mirrors, the installed angle of the mirrors appear to be just about right for the Fiero. If it's off a little you could just maybe use some shims to get the angle right.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the mirrors look ok on the car, the only thing that'll really concern me will be wiring them up. Not that I've had any problems like that before.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dad used vette mirrors on is 355. The look nice on it but i think they might be too big for the fiero but who knows. You'll love your amida fi355 bumper. i love mine and in middle of installing it on my car right now.

Austin
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course you know you have to post pictures. Kittens will die if you don't. You don't want kittens to die do you? lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be posting pictures in my build thread later tonight. Kittens will not be dying today.

Austin
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the mirrors look ok on the car, the only thing that'll really concern me will be wiring them up. Not that I've had any problems like that before.

I thought the wiring is the same as the stock mirrors.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is, that'd be sweet. No more weird-smelling mirror switches.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-11-2008).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no kittens were killed in the taking of the pictures. The pics are up in my thread. Cant wait to see your car.

Austin
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh oh. I think someone has taken o-fense to our discussion.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whos tail light panel do you have and how do you like it?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using Kenneth Hines generation-one panel. (www.kahines.com) Bolts right in. Top quality piece.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-12-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In trying to get the LED tail lights to work, I think I'm gonna have to wire in some Corvette pigtails. The new LED tail lights have a ridge around the top that makes it so they won't fit into the Fiero pigtail and tighten down. That should be corrected if I switch pigtails.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Woohoo! Found a pigtail that works. Now I just have to find three more of them.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must see pics of LED tail lights
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once I get the other three pigtails, I'll snap some pics. Should be able to ge that done this weekend.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just kinda mocked up the Corvette mirror I got this week. I don't think it looks bad at all.

Think I'll wire up the tail lights tomorrow. And yes, those are the new wider front fenders on the car too.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And yes, those are the new wider front fenders on the car too.

For the rockers too.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock