Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42156 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How sweet is this? Won an Ebay auction for what I thought was the wiring for only the power mirrors and windows. It showed up in the mail today with the wiring for the locks attached too. Woohoo! I'm going to clean everything up on it then re-rewire the car.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

IP: Logged
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! It's been a bit since I've posted. But I really haven't gotten anything accomplished either. But I was able to finally finish the upholstery. Look ma, twins!

------------------
'88 Ferrario

dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to know you're still going. I always wonder how to pronounce whadeduck. What a duck? Wade duck?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Good to know you're still going. I always wonder how to pronounce whadeduck. What a duck? Wade duck?

It's pronounced "Wa-day" instead of Wade. Makes it sound more classy. It's a nickname I picked up looooooong time ago. It's a long story.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-01-2011).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hadn't had much time to work on the car lately. Been uber busy at work.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on it some tonight. Didn't get too much accomplished as my cordeless drill ran outta juice. But I was able to get the driver's side scoop and side skirt to fit properly.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work has had me out of town four to five days a week lately. So not much time to work on her. But I'm hoping to get something done on the wiring this weekend. I am finding out that I'm getting too old to be hopping in and out of catch basins and crawling through pipes. I'm sore as can be today.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the old guy club! We're not getting older, we're getting better. Yeah, right.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully getting a little more done this weekend. Rewiring suuuuuuxxxxx! No pics to show really. All just looks like spaghetti.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see that you're still at it.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Good to see that you're still at it.

Still at it. Just working out of town four to five days a week. So progress will be reaaaaaaallllllyyyyy sloooooooooooowwww. =/ By the by, I sent you an email.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on getting the wiring done until about 12:30 tonight. Still much to do. Now my fingers are sore and they're covered in the old adhesive from the old black tape. I'm rewrapping everything. Damn my OCD!

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Woohoo! The doors finally be rewired. Both doors now have all of the wiring back in them. Tested them by running jumpers and everything works.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

2Sly4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Sly4USend a Private Message to 2Sly4UEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope this inspires you to keep going. I am new to the forum, and saw your post asking for some photoshop work. Maybe this gets closer to what you are looking for.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Nice work. I haven't decided on a color quite yet. I'll obsess over it more, see a therapist, drink heavily, then come to a conclusion about what color to make her. So I may call on your mad skilz later on. Welcome to the forum.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those rockers.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that fire is awesome!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I like those rockers.

Wish I still had them. That part of the design will have to change. Although I would like to see what Whodeanie has in mind. I've heard he may be producing a similar design side skirt.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whadeduck you have a pm.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on the wiring. Getting there though.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

2Sly4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Sly4USend a Private Message to 2Sly4UEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Wow that fire is awesome!

It is called "True Fire" by Mike Lavallee. Check out his site http://www.killerpaint.com
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Wish I still had them. That part of the design will have to change. Although I would like to see what Whodeanie has in mind. I've heard he may be producing a similar design side skirt.

I saw them while i was at his shop, he is not finished but they look sharp.

Sad part is he is a little leary about producing them. I think we need to give him a little nudge and support to get them done !
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on rewiring the power accessories. Got the power windows to work but the power locks seem to be dead. Gotta test the relay and the switches. But that's gonna have to wait until next weekend as I'm going out of town.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Aw now that's just mean.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is part of what's been taking so long.

I should be able to finish it up this coming weekend.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still slow-going. But I think I have most, if not all, of the wiring figured out now. I'm going to be out of town for the week again. So I can't finish the wiring completely until at least next weekend. But getting there anyway. Even got the trunk and hood triggers to work as well as starting to wire in a trunk light. Mine's a base coupe, so it didn't come with one.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like spaghetti.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Looks like spaghetti.

Wait'll I get a hold of War Hammer.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got more of the wiring done tonight. Everything seems to work except the trunk and hood triggers. I have them both hooked up to one wire going into the alarm. Doesn't seem to want to work that way. Any suggestions?

------------------
'88 Ferrario

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Got more of the wiring done tonight. Everything seems to work except the trunk and hood triggers. I have them both hooked up to one wire going into the alarm. Doesn't seem to want to work that way. Any suggestions?

Alarm / Remote entry systems usually do not provide enough voltage through the alarm controller box to actuate the latch mechanism(s). You will need to run the latch trigger output from the alarm controller box to a *relay* that will in turn supply activation voltage to the latch.
This same issue drove me nuts on my keyless entry install until an helpful tech. / installer at Best Buy clued me in.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Alarm / Remote entry systems usually do not provide enough voltage through the alarm controller box to actuate the latch mechanism(s). You will need to run the latch trigger output from the alarm controller box to a *relay* that will in turn supply activation voltage to the latch.
This same issue drove me nuts on my keyless entry install until an helpful tech. / installer at Best Buy clued me in.

It's weird though. I can wire one of them up and it's fine. Wire both of them up and it won't work off of either.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's official. Ferrario will be black. War Hammer was nice enough to then tell me that I need to decide on which black now. He included a maniacle belly laugh with that addition. I continued to work on the wiring tonight and will tomorrow. Frustrating cars for wiring these Fieros are. I'm going to have to wire in another relay to get the hood trigger to work. But it's getting there. I was able to get the trunk light working tonight though. Baby steps.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

ls1ta4fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls1ta4fieroClick Here to visit ls1ta4fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ls1ta4fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you inbox me and tell me how much did it cost you to wire everything in place... plus the price you payed for the interior work and tail led lights etc does mida do work on f40 interior replicas?

great work youve done so far congrats on an awsome ride!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob (AMIDA) does do f40 interiors but I have no idea of the cost. His work is fantastic though.

You can see it in ferrobi's thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000034.html

Paul

Originally posted by ls1ta4fiero:

can you inbox me and tell me how much did it cost you to wire everything in place... plus the price you payed for the interior work and tail led lights etc does mida do work on f40 interior replicas?

great work youve done so far congrats on an awsome ride!

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 10-10-2011).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 10-26-2011).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richard "Whadeduck" isn't the only one giving Ferrario some lovin'.

Here is some of the spoiler work I have been doing for him.

I am installing a MadArch spoiler on Ferrario to give it a slightly more aggressive look than the sage one that he had before.

First I bonded the spoiler on using structural adhesive. The 2 layers of mat and resin on top.

Next I will glass the bottom and sides.

The end caps will take the most work as they were designed for the wide body. I will have to cut them up an reshape them.

I will keep you posted.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks just like the Sage spoiler I bought from Wade. Looks good!

Austin

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the Archie piece might be a little taller than Sage's. But the same concept. BTW Vendetta, your car looks awesome.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock