Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42156 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
question about the tail lights,
how do you get the blinkers to work with the led lights.
they are on a different light (amber) which is separate from the tail lights. i want to do something similar.
thanks
al

wow page 11 is all MINE! WHOO HOO!!

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 06-06-2009).]

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure has been quiet on this thread.
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if i were you, it would definitely be ferrari red! your color scheme is nice for any other car, but if your makin a ferrari, i dont see any other option!
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

not bad with the mirrors probabley what ill end up doing with my mirrors. im doing an old aurora set up

....what?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are three of us in the Carolinas that hope you volunteer to come here and help us install the new interiors. Then you could have a few more "before/after" pictures.

Nelson

Originally posted by Amida:

Sure has been quiet on this thread.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

There are three of us in the Carolinas that hope you volunteer to come here and help us install the new interiors. Then you could have a few more "before/after" pictures.

Nelson

What?...You mean you still haven't installed it yet? It only takes a weekend to at least get the panels fitted. The wiring is a whole nother job.
Swedish Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Nelson

That´s just asking to much from the Man !! :/

[This message has been edited by Swedish Fiero (edited 07-04-2009).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it's been so quiet on this thread. But I've been able to get nothing done on the car at all in the last several weeks. My brother moved here temporarily then moved to Australia, been up to my eyeballs at work, visited my little brother in South Dakota for a week, and helped get Paul (War Hammer) off to Wyotech.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report really. Still working like crazy. But last weekend, I went to Columbia and picked up a donor car to use for my 3800SC swap. It's already completed on this car and it's also an '88 coupe. So all I should have to do is swap the drivetrain from one car to the other and my swap is complete. The car runs. Drove it from Columbia to Myrtle Beach without a problem. I don't want to just modify the donor because I've already done so much to the other car that it'd be like starting over again. But I won't be needing the other 3800SC or tranny that I originally got for it. So if anyone's interested, it's up for sale.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop spending more money & start working on that car!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. It's very quiet on this thread.
PFF
System Bot
Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Also do you still have the setup for sale Richard?

If so let me know. Thanks, Daniel
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, due to the fact that I have absolutely no time to work on her anymore, I'm going to have to sell Ferrario. I have no place to put her that doesn't cost me $400 a month. I'm in Charleston right now. Up to my knees in mud for work. May be here another week. But I'm looking at reasonable offers. I'll also answer any questions you may have.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No use spending $400/month & getting nothing done. Better to send it to Whodeanie & have him finish it up for you.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

No use spending $400/month & getting nothing done. Better to send it to Whodeanie & have him finish it up for you.

That is exactly what i was thinking !
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money to finish the project has become an issue as well.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever sell the red "donor" that had the 3800 already in it?
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interesting ones always go up for sale when I have no money. Drat!

------------------

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Did you ever sell the red "donor" that had the 3800 already in it?

Yes. It went to someone in North Carolina. I'm thinking that, if I can't find a buyer for Ferrario, I may end up parting her out. That's not what I want to do. But If I have to, I have to.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Bump for the night crowd.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you thinking of selling for?
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Unfortunately, due to the fact that I have absolutely no time to work on her anymore, I'm going to have to sell Ferrario. I have no place to put her that doesn't cost me $400 a month. I'm in Charleston right now. Up to my knees in mud for work. May be here another week. But I'm looking at reasonable offers. I'll also answer any questions you may have.

Ok there are a lot of lovers of this car have to say i am one who would like to own your car. I am not a buyer i am too far away and up to my elbows in my own build.

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whade are you in Charleston? The Boeing site?

Shoot me a PM if you get a chance.

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you could be at the Cummins site? Either way if you are still here i'll buy you a beer!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving up after all that? $400/month for how many months adds up I suppose....Maybe a lesson here somewhere.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't been very successful in parting her out. So I'm going to finish her with what I have. Worked on her some today. Gonna have to really keep my nose in it to finish her.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is how she was sitting as of Sunday. It'll be a few more days before I work on her again. But some progress is better than no progress I 'spose.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some work accomplished yesterday. Did the suspension and brake work on the right front. Pics to follow.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-02-2010).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Dropped the car on the right-front. Gonna do the left front tomorrow hopefully.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna have to do some work on the front fenders. They don't quite want to fit right. War Hammer, now that he's back here, said he'd help me get the fiberglass fenders straightened out. The 12" Corvette brake kit went together easily and fills the space behind the wheel nicely. Dropping the front by about two inches and I'll either level out the rear of the car or leave some rake in it. I have coilovers on the rear, so they're fully adjustable.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to thank Cliff for moving my thread to the construction zone. Had a bit of a setback last night. Taking the left-front apart, I discovered the previous owner replaced suspension components on one side and not the other. The left-front is pretty much kaplinkaplook. So I have to replace the upper and lower balljoints, sway bar end links and shocks. It'll take a bit to gather everything to put it all back together. I only hope I don't also have to replace the bushings.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted to thank Cliff for moving my thread to the construction zone. Had a bit of a setback last night. Taking the left-front apart, I discovered the previous owner replaced suspension components on one side and not the other. The left-front is pretty much kaplinkaplook. So I have to replace the upper and lower balljoints, sway bar end links and shocks. It'll take a bit to gather everything to put it all back together. I only hope I don't also have to replace the bushings.

Wade,
I have a set of front sway bar end links with poly bushings, still in the package.
They're yours for free.
All you need to do is pick them up.

------------------

ethan555

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ethan555Send a Private Message to ethan555Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking nice.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump. But I should start back to work on it next week. Waiting on suspension parts for the moment.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suspension pieces are in. A big thanks to Rodney. Should have some time this weekend to rebuild the front end and get it back on the ground.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the control arms at a shop having the old ball joints and bushings pressed out and the new ones in. Should have them all back by the weekend to be able to put everything back together. Also found out that Ferrario had a wee fender bender during it's previous life. There's a slight tweak on the left-front. I'm checking it out to make sure it's just a tweak.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rebuilt the rack and pinion last night. Slowly but surely getting everything put back together.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the front suspension almost together tonight. Then I discovered I didn't have any grease for my grease gun. It might go back on the ground tomorrow. Still much work to be done.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whadeduck has a lot going on right now so I thought I would post a couple of pics.
Pontiac filled in with panel adheasive. (This stuff is tough)

Work that has been done on the rear of the car. (new spoiler and back bumper installed.
He needs your prayers - his father is very ill.

Without Richard's (Whadeduck) help I couldn't get my car finished. I can't thank him enough.

Thanks,
Paul

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slowly getting back to work on her after being away for a few weeks.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock