Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42154 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One can only hope. Just think what good advertising it would be for a Mera with one of your professionally installed interiors to be at car shows! All I need is for you to desire to travel a few thousand miles just to do this for me.

Originally posted by Amida:

What do you think I am, a migrant Fiero worker?

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Job!
next time you have to take wallpaper down try Downey fabric softener it also softens the glue and makes it easy to get off.
I know you could have used that info sooner. oh well next time.
how about some car updates now that the kitchen will be out of the way? LOL.
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
next time you have to take wallpaper down try Downey fabric softener it also softens the glue and makes it easy to get off. Learn something everyday
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice Job!
next time you have to take wallpaper down try Downey fabric softener it also softens the glue and makes it easy to get off.
I know you could have used that info sooner. oh well next time.
how about some car updates now that the kitchen will be out of the way? LOL.

Originally posted by JPH87:

next time you have to take wallpaper down try Downey fabric softener it also softens the glue and makes it easy to get off. Learn something everyday

Hey, I just thought I'd give you some advice for next time.... Try using Downey fabric softener.... hehehe

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried the fabric softener already. I just kept ripping up the sheets on the jagged edges.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I haven't got anything done worth taking a picture of, I had a new paint idea I wanna see how it'll look. EMC209i did this mock up for me by painting it black and puting the C6 mirrors on it. Here's my idea. Black with a very subtle blue/white/silver real flame pattern. Anyone up to the challenge to see how that'll look? Also, the front turn signals are amber.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That photo has too much shadow in it, try using a better shot with the car in better lighting.
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flame on here is a quicky are you thinking of something like this? If you have a picture of what you would like for a flame job post it and I will try again.

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 12-15-2008).]

Sleek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleekSend a Private Message to SleekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please please don't put flames on that car.

------------------
-Nick
86 GT

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Flame on here is a quicky are you thinking of something like this? If you have a picture of what you would like for a flame job post it and I will try again.

I was thinking more around the very front of the car and very subtle. Something you wouldn't really see unless you were within ten feet or so of the car. I don't know if you could even get it to show up.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 12-15-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004

That photo has too much shadow in it, try using a better shot with the car in better lighting.

Because it's not my car (It's MaxQ's), I can't really get a better shot than that. Would it be better to start with the red version?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could not get my program to make it transparent so I brought it more to the front and maybe a little less decal?

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]

I think this is the best one
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agree...

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I could not get my program to make it transparent so I brought it more to the front and maybe a little less decal?

I'm not a flame guy, but if you make it subtle enough, like a ghost image, where you'll need to do a double take before you notice it then that'll be cool.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I was thinking of. May be really difficult to do in photoshop though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A small update. Been working on creating adapters to correct the angular differrence with the C6 mirrors. It's about five degrees. That translates to about a 3/16" wedge. I glued two pieces of 1/8" plastic together and started drilling the appropriate holes for the mirror. Then I used a dremel and a sander to grind down the plastic to fit the profile of the mirror.

Now I just need to figure out a way to cut the adapter on a five-degree wedge with my mitre saw without chopping my fingers off.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A sanding belt will do the trick, or a disc sander followed up with course sand paper on a flat surface. What's different compared to C5?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mirrors on a C5 and a C6 are the same I believe. To get the right angle, I need to have something that can cut or grind at precise angles. I'll also get something that'll look like it was built for the car. What I'm trying now is gluing the adapter to a piece of wood long enough to get my fingers away from the saw blade. Maybe it'll work. =\

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there. Like you say, just glue it to a piece of wood that is greater in diameter than your plastic design, and plenty long enough to hold on to safely. Wait for it to dry.....wait for it.....Then just cut it on a miter. When done with your 5 degree cut, lop it off of the wood. I have been in custom home building for most of my life. have done this with a lot of intricate work. Good luck, you are on the right track.

------------------
Tony K

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as the glue dries, I'll try it. Hopefully I'll still have fingers to type with.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
Spoilt_87fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you do happen to get a finger or two just call Rick. With all of the spare parts that he has i'm sure he has a couple of fingers laying around. j/k becareful and its looking good

i just noticed i've been a member for almost a year know

[This message has been edited by Spoilt_87fiero (edited 12-21-2008).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

While I haven't got anything done worth taking a picture of, I had a new paint idea I wanna see how it'll look. EMC209i did this mock up for me by painting it black and puting the C6 mirrors on it. Here's my idea. Black with a very subtle blue/white/silver real flame pattern. Anyone up to the challenge to see how that'll look? Also, the front turn signals are amber.

Is this what you're looking for?

Let me know it you like it/can't see it/etc

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black looks good, or even black purple.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Black looks good, or even black purple.

For the color of the car...?

Are you saying black car & purple flames, or black purple, as in the awesome really dark purple for the car?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Is this what you're looking for?

Let me know it you like it/can't see it/etc

Getting there. That's pretty much what I was thinking about. Keep working your magic.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

For the color of the car...?

Are you saying black car & purple flames, or black purple, as in the awesome really dark purple for the car?

Really, really dark purple...almost black with ghosted purple flames. Wouldn't that be cool?

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 89 Mustang might be that color. Was always called purple, black, blue, etc...
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanna keep it black or red. Keep in mind that I have to keep colors that will go with the tan and black interior. One idea I'm throwing around is having it wrapped too. The flames might be easier to do that way too.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 12-25-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't keep this one a secret any longer. I'm going to have my headers I bought for my 3800sc reworked to my liking and then I'll have them ceramic coated. The coaters are in Nashville, TN, so I thought of having the welding done in Nashville as well. I emailed her, and Jessi Combs said that she'd reweld my headers. How freakin' cool is that!? It won't be until after the first of the year. But I think it'll be freakin' awesome to have her name on my car.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Didn't realize how long it's been since I updated. This weekend, I'm hoping to get my mirrors finished, my headlights installed and my fenders, nose, and hood all installed. At least to the point where I can do the fine tuning on them. I still have major surgery to do on the hood by installing a vent.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. Got some things done on the car this weekend. Not as much as I wanted. But more than nothing. The mirrors are finally corrected for the five degree differrence from the Corvette doors to Fiero doors. The adapters I was working on just didn't work out. So I ended up just grinding the right angle into the mirrors.

Yippee! I have folding mirrors now.

I think they give the car a different look.

I also got the fenders off and trimed up. At the tops, they were kind of "bunching up" the windshield panel.

Once I trimed them back a bit, they fit a lot better. Oh, if you forgot, these are wider fiberglass front fenders.

I was also able to finally get the dual headlights mounted. If anyone else is about to do this, buy an extra set of hardware. I broke three of the clips that you mount in the headlight bezels trying to snap the light modules in. But that's all for now. Hopefully it won't be as long before I update again.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mirros look good.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some updates. Working on getting the nose mounted. Ran into a little snag. When I initially mounted the top part of the nose, the wider fiberglass fenders didn't line up. So I checked everything out by removing the new fenders and reinstalling the old stock fenders. Then everything lined up. So, after reinstalling the new fiberglass fenders, I commenced getting everything to line up. What I found was that the driver's side fender was warped. The passenger side is fine. So Paul (War Hammer) recommended that I clamp the fender in the appropriate position and then hit it with a heat gun. So far, so good. The fender is relaxing under heat. Then, once it cools, it's in a better position than before. I want to go through the heat/cool cycle one more time and then it should be good to go. I also want to add some metal backing along the beltline between the fender and nose to aide alignment and support.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-15-2009).]

Vogelsong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VogelsongSend a Private Message to VogelsongEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

I think this is the best one

If the car in red had wide rear IMSA fenders on it with that color it would be Fiero p0rn .

------------------
Voge

[This message has been edited by Vogelsong (edited 03-15-2009).]

Sebringdcp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SebringdcpSend a Private Message to SebringdcpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your still looking for a deep looking blue/black, there is an old painters trick you could use. Paint the car with a black base coat then follow that with about 3 coats of blue candy paint. Follow with clearcoat. It will look black straight on and have blue highlights whenever you get a light reflection thru the paint or the right angle of light on the body.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not bad with the mirrors probabley what ill end up doing with my mirrors. im doing an old aurora set up
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. Just saw the last time I updated. Anyway, here's a little something I did today. Won't get a chance to work on it tomorrow. Gotta go outta town for training. I finally got the tail light panel back with the carbon fiber on it. Got the LED tail lights all hooked up too. I also have Fiero1Fan's third LED brake light. Everything's REALLY bright.

trying to find one of these tail light panels

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 06-03-2009).]

Scipio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScipioSend a Private Message to ScipioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock