Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73461 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A sneak peak into chop top number 15 as it heads for Archie's shop.

13" Corvette Brakes niceeeeeeeeee !

Look for some big rims and tires on this puppy ! Oh yeah it's got a little something under the decklid too, to justify that new stopping power.

No unfortunatly it's not mine, and no it's not the fiero redux ,.............just posting for a friend.
This car is going to be wicked !

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

No unfortunatly it's not mine, and no it's not the fiero redux ,.............just posting for a friend.
This car is going to be wicked !

That's to bad, I thought you were getting the car you always wanted. I'm sure your friend will love it.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooh, Oooh Oooh, I know who's car it is!!

Actually he already announced in another thread that he was heading to Archie's. Ow well, my ole' choppy isn't the newest on the block anymore.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who says u get 15, i guess the cats out of the bag, cuz i had to tell what size my roll bar needed to be

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Oooh, Oooh Oooh, I know who's car it is!!

Actually he already announced in another thread that he was heading to Archie's.

Hehehe i must have missed that one Jscott. He really hasn't been all that secretive about it though.

Talk about your dream garages ! He is one lucky guy. WHich one do u drive ????????

Thanks DL10,..but i will make it happen trust me ! Might take me a year or so but i will have a chop top at Daytona 2006 !

Shue glue i think the 15 reference is for chops done by Archie. However Congrats to you for taking the job on yourself. Wish i had your skills.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-17-2004).]

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was just kidding about the 15 thing, just excited how well my cars coming along, to be honest. you do have my skills, im definetly a first timer, just did lots of measuring and put some elbow grease into it, but i cant wait to get the windows all in and the cabin sealed up then paint, new motor for spring oh i cant wait! but anyway for now ill be stuck in the garage.

justin

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have Archie chop top number 14. There are at least a half dozen or so done by others. Not all are active on the forum, so it's hard to get an exact count.

Which one to drive is a good question. I don't know how the other guy decides but for me it's the one with the least issues. Right now I'm driving my T-top, which still gets a lot of looks. I had a guy follow me into the gas station asking a lot of questions about it. He didn't speak much english but I understood the "bueno" part of it.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those wheels look awfully familiar! Even looks sorta the same color as Rie's car in that picture. I have to admit that I didn't realize this new one was a GT though. I thought it was a notchback.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com
2nd Annual California Coast Run

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop owner 15 tells me Archie will be posting updates to this thread as work progresses so yipeeeeee !

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Archie, where are the updates???

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

TTT

Archie, where are the updates???

Well we have the car all stripped down and are going to start cutting in the morning.

I took several pictures but I left the disc with the pictures at the shop tonight.

So that means there will be twice as many pictures tomorrow night.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
So that means there will be twice as many pictures tomorrow night.

Archie

blake = (cries with anticipation... seethes with jealousy)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the report for Monday.

We started out with a complete car & started taking it apart.

By lunch it was looking like this............

We had to spend the last few hours Monday working on other projects.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Today was a busy day on the Chop.

The first thing we did was to start cutting away......... Here Rob makes the 1st cuts.........

We spent the morning cutting and the afternoon welding

In a couple of hours tomorrow, we will finish up all of the welding & be ready to start the body mods.

Tune in tomorrow.

Archie

P.S. I did have about 10 more pictures from today but for some reason I can't get them off of the floppy.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm......? Guys with saw-alls always seem to be smiling while their cut'n up a car? Hehehehe.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#15 is off to an excellent start. One of the few 88 Chop tops out there, and Cadillac powered. Hmmm, I like the sound of that. And the first Red fastback Chop top, (to stay red).
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as predicted, we finished up all the welding today & Started fitting the rear clip.......

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notchback Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now bring on the aero nose, 13" wheels, 4-banger, & regular ground fx too. Hehehehehe. (owner plays Dr. Dre and then passes the chronic)

Yeah, Archie I get the joke.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good thing Archie didn't play that joke on me, I'd have a heart attack.

This car will be FAR, FAR, FAR different than a stock notchback.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Oppps, sorry posted the wrong picture.

But you know I had to get something different posted up. We've done so many of these on PFF & the proceedure doesn't change all that much that they all start looking like the last one. I hope I'm not boreing the PFF members.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has everybody figured out that madcurl is choptop #15's owner ?? hehehehe

I gaurantee some people still have not figured it out !

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, Now I am confused. I thought Curley was chopping that custom beast he has been working on for the past X months?

--Will

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

OK, Now I am confused. I thought Curley was chopping that custom beast he has been working on for the past X months?

--Will

Like many of us, He has several Fieros. The only difference is that Curley is modifying all of them.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

--Will

He is,. stay tuned...hehehehe.

Gets a wee bit complicated, but all will become clear.

Three is a really nice number !

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so thats like 12gs+ into chop tops, i bet archie gives him a deal for the business and the advertisement, if theres one car that makes people want one its the silver car with lambo doors. i cant wait to see what happens to this one. Hey madcurl how old are you anyway, just curious i never know anything about anyone on here except they have sweet fieros. Anyway im 21 and a do it myselfer. i work on GM big blocks, really big blocks 20cyclinder train marine genereator motors.

justin

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Archie,
What arethe red and blue straps used for? I have tried to figure it out but nothing comes to mind on their purpose.

------------------

98 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. only one around Austin Texas !

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm......? Guys with saw-alls always seem to be smiling while their cut'n up a car? Hehehehe.

I believe it's anticipation of seeing the foam insulation in the B-piller and the discussion about what that material is really made of.

------------------
BlueGT

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When i saw the northstar with a single exhaust being chopped it made me think of him

oh and Archie we could never get bored of choptop pictures

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

--Will

Only Curley knows for sure, but I think his plan is that the 88 go to the Chop Shop first and become the Redux.

Yeah Curley only likes Chopped Fieros, so he wants them all chopped. I couldn't agree more, except I need Archie to start chopping T-tops then I might bring him some more business.

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(owner plays Dr. Dre and then passes the chronic)

RFLMAO!!!!!!!!!................. I listen to Dr. Dre

------------------
Real Sports cars only have 2 seats....

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988, 1of 241 yellow GT's

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope I'm not boreing the PFF members.

Boreing? I think most of us look forward to anything that is comming out of the shop and "we" get mad when were not updated. We even pick-a-part things in the background, inquires, and so forth. Yes, not many of us get to work-at a job which we truely like.

So your shop and other(s) are the common guys, "ESPN/Discovery" channel for Fiero junkie's.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-21-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boreing? I think most of us look forward to anything that is comming out of the shop and "we" get mad when were not updated. We even pick-a-part things in the background, inquires, and so forth. Yes, not many of us get to work-at a job which we truely like.

So your shop and other(s) are the common guys, "ESPN/Discovery" channel for Fiero junkie's.

ditto

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.....with all of those home-made chops today, I'll bet that mock-up rear window board would be worth a lot of money if it landed in the wrong hands?

Archie, you better lock-it in the vault when finished, hehehehe.

All jokes aside, I talked to Jerry at XS Custom. He said it would take 3 weeks to make the Fiero VDC kit. Franks's wife VDC Fiero has been fixed with a new door too. There was some issue with the door.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A question for Archie.

How many choptops are 88's?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

# 14 for one

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A question for Archie.

Where is that thread you had going that describes each of the 14 cars & I can look thru that and give you an answer.

Archie

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, if you see this tonight..... give me a call tomorrow about the SEMA thing, I have you registered.

Curley Taylor
V-8 Archie
Barrington, IL

Builder/Fabricator

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie! There have been no new pics for 47.5 hours!!! Please, must have illustrated updates!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where is that thread you had going that describes each of the 14 cars & I can look thru that and give you an answer.

Archie

This one has the pictures:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044505.html

Here is the thread where Archie broke down the 14 chop tops that he had done...mine was the mysterious #14 as I hadn't announced it yet.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043372-2.html

Edit - that time I spent with MinnGreen at Wheatstock really paid off, he told me his secret to this search engine

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-22-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock