Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73477 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOODLUM: BOY'S N THA HOOD.

What #15's front will resemble....well almost, hehe. No doubt I'll do more tweeking.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-29-2006).]

IP: Logged
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn...here this thread is! sorry about the delay. i did take some pics while curly was here. they didn't turn out very good though. i don't know if it's my camera, me or both...

anywho, it was awesome meeting curly and talkig with him. i got to climb in the cockpit for myself too. i gotta say, that car is amazing! i can't wait to see it finished.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

All right ! Now Curly hurry up and get that car to Trends so they can get to work and finish it up !

Reuben is working on the hood vents now. ETA....12/27/05

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly any progress on this project ?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Curly how is the above project coming along ? Is the shop progressing on the hood ??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Curly how is the above project coming along ? Is the shop progressing on the hood ??

Hmm. I called last Thursday and Trend's hadn't started on the hood vents. I'll call back next week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-21-2005).]

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many cars does Madcurl currently own?
How many completed projects?
How many are in a shop under work?

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ToonTownfiero:

How many cars does Madcurl currently own?
How many completed projects?
How many are in a shop under work?

Answer located here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050437-2.html

One is in IL and (4) are in CA. As you know, no Fiero is every considered......"finished."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2005 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to Trends. Hood vents are mounted! Now let's move onto the front fender flaring.

Sorry. No pics.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious "WHEN" are the fiero vendors going to wake up and somebody splash a mold of these hood vents (Fiero redux):

and this widebody rear (Choptop #15) ???:

Curly has offered, but so far no takers !?? I know of a few people would buy these babies in a heartbeat !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New stuff from Madcurl.

#15 gets it's trademark curly vents !

Still to come front fender flares, custom chin spoiler, and ????

PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
. . cool . .
mr.tourismo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr.tourismoClick Here to visit mr.tourismo's HomePageSend a Private Message to mr.tourismoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New stuff from Madcurl.

#15 gets it's trademark curly vents !

Still to come front fender flares, custom chin spoiler, and ????

these are functional scoops right?

[This message has been edited by mr.tourismo (edited 01-06-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr.tourismo:

FUNCTIONAL? Hehehe.

The Firebird hood vents are finished. I sent new pics to Exoticse he might have time to post. These are perhaps the best ones so far? There're nice and straight. In two weeks we move onto the front flaring. Stay tuned.

hehe.
This is the diagram I used:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-02-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

FUNCTIONAL? Hehehe.

The Firebird hood vents are finished. I sent new pics to Exoticse he might have time to post. These are perhaps the best ones so far? There're nice and straight. In two weeks we move onto the front flaring. Stay tuned.

Here ya go !

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking those are lower profile than the silver one's?

They are looking good.

Jen

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JenzGT2:

I'm thinking those are lower profile than the silver one's?

They are looking good.

Jen

Hmmm not so sure,...If anything to me they look higher.

I know for a fact they are wider on this car and on the Redux than they are on the silver chop top.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr.tourismo:

As you can see, the deck lid is functional as too, the front vents on #11 (no pics). The #15's front scoop have not been cut opened....yet. However, just like #11 they too will sport the openings.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that number #15 has settled in back home in California (after a multi-month florida stay) madcurl has picked up the pace towards getting her finished.

His latest,...Operation Beefcake !

Just like he did on the rear, curly adding an extra front fender flare to the front to bulk things up to cover the massive front rims.

Making some progress !

Flaring out the front also to meet the soon to be modified nose.

No time yet for the nose !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-19-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice... Madcurl, what is that you do again? profession wise
PFF
System Bot
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

nice... Madcurl, what is that you do again? profession wise

Yea, I need to know if I should change my major so that I can afford that kind of stuff.

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
his profession is mounting fenders on everything!

hes quite good at it too

------------------
Let me see your Fiero FieroSynch

For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit F-I-E-R-O's online store Fiero Lives Online

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More Madcurl.

Prepping the beef

Skinning the beef

Glassing on the beef

Now the other side

Stay tuned for the results !

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking awesome!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-19-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhhh baby !!

Front nose will also be tweeked to match the widebody, but so far daannnnggg !

The nose also getting a custom chin spoiler.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-20-2006).]

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More.

Absolutely crazy!

Quick question. What is that on the tires/rims in the above pics.?

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am guessing it is just residue from the matierals they are working with.

The wheels are obviously covered up to protect them.

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are cloth wheel covers. That is a lot of paint build up on them. Lots of years of experiance and painting will do that to them Very nice madcurl

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting pics.

OPERATION BEEF CAKE:

It took two days to complete the task. The first day was prep and trying to decide as-to how the beef was to be sliced and glazed onto the fender rack? I used a aluminum 90 degree 2x2" four foot long piece from Ace Hardware for $8 bucks. One can of long Kitty hair ( forgot to take a pic of the product). Reuben (Trends) was working on the glazing as I hook-up the beef. Also, if you've noticed....less beef was used for the fronts vs the rear.

Hang-up: Once we figured out how to bolt and rivet the beef we then needed to make a bracket for the Corvette side marker lamps. Although the area isn't finished and shaped to the actual size it will no doubt be a great location with need bolt-ups to support the fender. The front side nose will sport the F430 vents. This will allow for two bolts to be placed between the two metal brackets once the lower portion is made.

I now have to design and aluminum piece to hook-up with the top fender brace and for venting too. As Tony noted, the front will sport the IRM Fiero Warehouse spoiler. That will no doubt be last on the list. Front 255's are now wrapped by the beefie flares.

Edit: I got four front fenders for $10 bucks a piece.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-21-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
absolutely amazing. and just like your rear flares, this has gotten me thinking a lot. but i think i'll leave mine as be, considering it's already at the shop being prepped for paint.

keep the pics coming, i have a feeling this will be my dream fiero i show everybody that thinks "fiero's suck"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Operation Rhinoplasty !

Mock up of nose flaring, which will include side vent.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-26-2006).]

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!!!
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome stuff !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOooooook Madcurl is back in Bakersfield working on #15 !

Here is the continuation of the Rhinoplasty operation ! Take notes, some very good do it yourself photo-ops here !!

The prep.

Nose cuts made.

Side of nose bowed out.

The inner lip.

A new wide track (side) !

Another shot of things being bowed out.

Shot of the underside.

Rhinoplasty complete, too dark for pics however, hopefully more tommorow.

The result,..the bottom was moved out 2.5", while the top mimmicked the work on the
upper fender.

Some good stuff !
Up next the IRM spoiler.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-31-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now THAT is amazing, keep up the good work

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The latest update:

a wide angle

A side view

a view from above looking down.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Next phase involving the IRM spoiler/ operation fat lip:

Bottom

Cuts to fit

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a wide angle

no pun intended right? looks amazing as usual

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock