Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOP TOP # 15 !!!!!!!!!! by exoticse
Started on: 10-16-2004 12:00 PM
Replies: 773 (73461 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:52 PM
Hulk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car. Has anyone ever seen/own a car with less than a 3" chop? I was wondering what 1.5" would look like?

Edit: Sweet-my first owned page!!!

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK (first mod, woo-hoo!)

[This message has been edited by Hulk (edited 09-08-2005).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I flew-in and was amazed how Jerry performed the glass work on #15. The 4-parts are shinny black w/Mustang air vents. The VDC Fiero II kit is improved by using a better and stronger strut shock to left the doors. I rode in a VDC Celica today and the differences are noticable. The Fiero are made to clear the roof-line and extend outward greater than other kits I've seen. I took cell phone pics but I'll wait until Wednesday for better resolution from a good camera. If things workout, ShawnFL might have time to post pics if he can?

Later.

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good.

Can't wait to see the dash, and the car again for that matter !

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulk:

Beautiful car. Has anyone ever seen/own a car with less than a 3" chop? I was wondering what 1.5" would look like?

Edit: Sweet-my first owned page!!!

HI all,

I doubt this will ever happen though, I pmed archie about doing this and he had said that it would be about the same amount of work, so probably would cost just as much........Course he "didn't" say it would..............SORRY to highjack............

HOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HOSSend a Private Message to HOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks too good for words. Wondering--just how wide is the rear end, and when is it going to be made into a kit for those of us who aren't so talented.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I took cell phone pics but I'll wait until Wednesday for better resolution from a good camera.

It's wednesday and still no pics??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It's wednesday and still no pics??

ShawnFl will be at XS Custom within the hour to take some picks. After that I'm heading Mr. Mike's I hope and then I'm off to CAleefornia.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Shawn how about those new pics ??

Can't wait to see them.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're waiting .
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey Shawn how about those new pics ??

Can't wait to see them.

oh Shawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh Shawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ??

The pics sent to Exoticse. Later guys. I'm on vacation. I'll fill-in the comments later, hehee

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The pics sent to Exoticse. Later guys. I'm on vacation. I'll fill-in the comments later, hehee

Will post tonight when i get off work. I need to resize them.

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will post tonight when i get off work. I need to resize them.

you better, this is the 6th time i've come into this thread expecting pics

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

you better, this is the 6th time i've come into this thread expecting pics

me to !!!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well curly only sent a couple of pics so don't get too excited.

Here they are, alittle hard to get the full picture, but dash still looks pretty darned good !!

First a work in progress pic from before.

How it looks after coming into form.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-17-2005).]

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More please, don't hold out on us!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys, vacation is offically over. News? Yes. sorry guys, I only got 3-pics and 1-pic is missing.

What happened? The area that was to be covered with the same material was performed or worked on by someone else and not by Matt's Customs. Whoever did the work somehow covered over the center defroster vents (yeah, that's what I said too?). It was later reworked on the next day and by 12noon it was finished....but! The padding was too thick and it therefor throw-off the entire custom black fiberglass parts. Plus, the speaker padding was not a complete copy of each other as seen in the pic. I was going to live with it but since I like things to fit nicely and so does Jerry, it was decided that I'll come back next month.

The VDC kit was finished and the doors are now easy to raise due to the use of a stronger strut that is commonly used on trucks. The SUV struts are way too strong. It does take a little more weight to bring the doors down. It's really no issue due to the Fiero's door handle.

XS Customs deducted the cost of the round trip and hotel loggings. They throw in some extra work on the headliner and "alls good" in my book. No monies were lost because I was off during the time I was at the shop. I had a good time and finally meet ShawnFL (a very nice guy). It's good that we have friends all over the world who loves Fieros.

I must have talked my headoff with ShawnFL, talking about this & that. Mr. Mike and Frank was very helpful in calming my nerves. Exoticse and D1S were great too. I decided to leave after Thursday came and gone. I flew-out of FL headed to Chicago (ORD) to CA (SFO). I nearly missed my connection flight while in ORD while trying to eat a hot dog.

DAsh n Things? The dash IMO is 100% better than #11 and since it is a high gloss black, it's apprearance is stronger with less fluff. I do have camera phone but I won't ruin the moment with those pictures. Jerry took 4-pictures total while I was at the shop.

Edit: The two front speakers are 6x9's. The 6x9's were part of the problem, hehe

Thanks Tony for posting. I'll ask Kelly for the other pics.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-17-2005).]

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad everything is working out and looking good . My doors take alittle more effort to pull down also . Those little lift shocks are pretty strong . What color is the car going to be painted ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:
What color is the car going to be painted ?

Same as the VDC hindges.......Viper Red. It seems that I'll need to change out the black seat colors in for red. I'll switch with the Stealth Fiero.

While I was at the shop, I changed the position sensor. The T.P went out during my trip to Daytona. Yes, it was a pain tring to remove it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. New pics soon!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash is in, interior is cleaned, and the oil plus the filter has been changed. Wednesday it will get a good bath. It's time to roll! Shawnfl is comming by prior to me leaving. He's bringing his camera---I hope?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of his new lambo doors, curly shot me before he left the shop at XS customs here in florida.

Curly says XS used a new stronger strut this go round making opening the doors feather light,
and opening outward wider.

Still waiting on new pics of the dash from Shawnfl and some pics from the road.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-10-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Right on cue ! Pictures from the road from madcurl himself !

This picture was taken this morning in Memphis.

Still waiting on the new dash pics from Shawnfl.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-10-2005).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O man. I want VDC kit on my choptop

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just talked to Madcurl again, he is in Texas. He says the car is getting mad attention ! People are slowing down taking pics, etc.

Basically drawing a crowd everywhere it goes.

Should be some good tales upcoming for the choptop chronicles !

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just talked to Madcurl again, he is in Texas!

Choptop capitol of the world... can't wait to see #15 when it's done.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just talked to Madcurl again, he is in Texas. He says the car is getting mad attention ! People are slowing down taking pics, etc.

Basically drawing a crowd everywhere it goes.

Should be some good tales upcoming for the choptop chronicles !

He called me earlier today, he sounds like he's grinning all the way home.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything but a fiero hehehehe.

Madcurl now in New Mexico and people are stumped about the car.

One guy even thought it was a Delorean ! hehehe

I will let curly tell that story and alll the others when he gets back.

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see this car again this spring!

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, loaded down, bass-ackwords 88 GT that I love dearly.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dowdian:

Really glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see this car again this spring!

Man. It's seems like there will be a large Daytona choptop turnout. 11-12 choptops (I hope).

UPDATE: I finally arrived in CA on Sunday 16:00HR. Before I left BAK, I dropped additional pics off at Dale's house. I didn't use my camera phone, hehe.

Issues? Yes. My battery died on me while at a rest stop in TN. I drove straight throw to AK. I spotted a local Auto Zone and bought a new battery. How did I drive that far w/o shutting the car off? I used my gas card and left the engine running. Yes. That's a "no-no," hehe. Also my XM radio didn't work. Why? They accidently mounted the reciever underneath the steering wheel. I had my 20-disc backup...no problem.

What's new? Dash is finished in fiber-glass with a black shiney paint. Items?

1. Dakota Digital gauges
2. 2005 Mustang air vents
3. Street Works electric window switches (illuminated), Cup holders.
4. 2003 Viper shifter bezels.
4. MOMO shifter.
5. and Mr. Mike's Custom one-off interior (material).

Items not finished:

1. Bezel around stereo, ugly grey-ish mat behind seats, and headliner. From the [pics] you'll notice that it's not finished.
2. hook-up Dakota gauges.

The unfinished items will be done in CA. The guy in FL was "fooling around." I didn't have all day.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-15-2005).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, I'm about to send the new pics to you and Frank. Been a bit of a busy day trying to get caught up after the Coast Run. Watch your e-mail.

------------------

3rd Annual California Coast Run, November 11-13, 2005

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Tony, I'm about to send the new pics to you and Frank. Been a bit of a busy day trying to get caught up after the Coast Run. Watch your e-mail.

Ok, waiting.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also noticed that I have more left knee room (both sides). Lt & Rt vents are moved toward the dash. How was this performed? Jerry used some type of white flexing vent material. Looks like the type you'd find in a hardware store, hehehe. He also used PCV piping too for the Mustang vents. The two central vent are located higher (near you're face) and the two side vents are about in the same height as stock.

Change of covering? I finally found a good use for the 10" sub woofer covering. I'll try and take more pics on Wednesday.
Change of Coloring? While traveling, I notice a nice DUB 1970 Cuda. I'm like the color scheme.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, the e-mail kicked back. I used the e-mail listed in your profile.

Here is the link. You can just download the zip file from here. At 21 megs, it was too big to e-mail so I just put it on my server.

http://www.fiero-performance.com/Curly.zip

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here ya go !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
a few more.

Mr Mike (at his house)

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-16-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony and Dale for posting pics. The last pic was just outside Armarillo, TX. All the others were taken at Mr. Mike's place and later in CA. As you can see----I have alot of work left to do. My new electrical window switch...died on me. I had to pull it out from the center consol (that's why it's raised). Some how, the left side switch is acting-up (I need to call Watson Street Work). The radio consol will be fiber-glass and then sent to Spectra for paint chroming. The radio face plate will be bushed aluminum.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2005).]

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,

NICE.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mad-hood vents are in. Thanks Fiero Store.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mad-hood vents are in. Thanks Fiero Store.

All right ! Now Curly hurry up and get that car to Trends so they can get to work and finish it up !

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock